Trying Not To Love (COMPLETED)

By Books_and_nerds

I stepped forward and asked, "Where do you want me?" It took me a second to realize what I just said. Shit! I... More

Introduction ✅
Disclaimer ✅
Characters ✅
Chapter 1 ✅
Chapter 2 ✅
Chapter 3 ✅
Chapter 4 ✅
Chapter 5 ✅
Chapter 6 ✅
Chapter 7 ✅
Chapter 8 ✅
Chapter 10 ✅
Chapter 11 ✅
Chapter 12 ✅
Chapter 13 ✅
Chapter 14 ✅
Chapter 15 ✅
Chapter 16 ✅
Chapter 17 ✅
Chapter 18 ✅
Chapter 19 ✅
Chapter 20 ✅
Chapter 21 ✅
Chapter 22 ✅
Chapter 23 ✅
Chapter 24 ✅
Chapter 25 ✅
Chapter 26 ✅
Chapter 27 ✅
Chapter 28 ✅
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36

Chapter 9 ✅

152 31 3
By Books_and_nerds

Chapter Nine- The first day of school

A very loud and annoying buzzing woke me up. Groaning, I twisted to the other side of my bed to shut it off. I opened one eye and sighed. It was already 5:30. After coming back from Easton's room, it took almost two hours for my heart to stop beating frantically. The fact that we were only walls apart, didn't help either. This... what I felt around him was just insane.

"Time to wake up." I mumbled to myself and jumped off the bed and yawned, stretching my arms over my head. I washed my face and brushed my teeth. Padding back into the room, I, groggily, scrambled into my yoga pants and sports bra topped with a sleeveless t-shirt that had long armholes. I fished out my small mp3 player from underneath the bundle of different things sitting in the dresser drawer and placed it on the black holder tied to my forearm and plugged in my headphones.

Swiftly, shoving my feet in my shoes I rushed outside only to collide with a wall. Or a person who felt like a wall.

"Ow!" I winced, stumbling back. It hurt.

I glared up at Easton to give him an earful but stopped when I followed his trail of gaze on me. He stood only a few inches apart, his strong scent filling my lungs, his hair slightly wet and flopped back over the top. He stood shell-shocked in front of me, his eyes stuck to my left arm.

He was in his running gears and I rolled my eyes. I thought I told him to take a week or two off of moving much.

But you know what? I wasn't really astounded that he didn't listen to me. His face was the only thing that didn't get hit. His arm was still bandaged and I didn't know if the bruise on the side of his stomach was getting better or worse.

And neither was I going to ask. Knowing he'd never tell me.

So I tried to play cool to see where things would go from here between us. I smirked at him, crossing my arms over my chest, "You didn't see this either." Then I turned around and rushed downstairs.

My heart had initiated thumping its new usual thousand miles per hour beat around him. I felt his presence hovering behind me when I opened the fridge and grabbed the Gatorade.

"Can you pass me one too?" Ignoring the heat which seeped into my bones through his skin almost touching mine, I rolled my eyes and passed mine to him while I grabbed another for myself.

I turned around uncapping my bottle when my eyes stuck to his lips surrounding the neck of the plastic bottle, his Adam apple bobbing up and down with each sip. My stomach somersaulted and dropped to my ankles. Heat pooled in my checks and I licked my lips. The plastic bottle squeezed in his hand and when he got rid of it, he glanced at me, knowingly. He smirked, pressing his fingers to his chin as if asking me to shut my mouth.

Oh...please!

Fuming, I twirled around and ran out, embarrassed by what I just did. Shitshitshitshit!

I opened the front door and abruptly halted to catch my breath. Suddenly, I was falling face first because a stupid person unexpectedly crashed into my back, but then an arm came around my waist pulling me back and saving me a mortifying fall.

"Are you okay?" His lips almost brushed my ears, as he asked.

My heart officially stopped and I licked my suddenly dry lips.

I managed a nod and he let go of me.

Stepping beside me, he smirked glancing at me "Shouldn't have stopped mid-step," Then his gaze fell on my arm again. "Why a Dragon?"

"Why an arrogant jerk of an asshole?" I pointed to his face. He laughed at my comeback. Winking at me, he whispered before disappearing down the street, "See you later Dragon!"

By now he'd called me Stoner, Thief, Invader, Party crasher, and now... Dragon.

The tattoo on my arm.

Warmth filled my heart, making it thump again. You know what? It's on.

I didn't want to bump into him again so I managed to take different route. Once tired and heaving, I came back to the house and went to the kitchen. He was there. Ugh, not again. I turned around to leave when he said, "Aw! Don't run, Dragon."

If that's what he wants. I smiled, snatching the water bottle right from his hand, circling my own lips around the top and devouring it down. Scorching holes were drilling into the side of my face, so it was working. My lips tingled and I made the huge mistake of glancing at him.

His smirk turned into a full bloom smile and I noticed two deep digs in his cheeks appear.

And I choked.

The drink sprinkled out of my mouth and I crouched down, coughing, water pooled in my eyes.

Easton laughed and patted my head before he mumbled something and left.

I coughed couple more times before I straightened. I closed the cap on the bottle and heaved a deep breath.

What was I doing?

Trying to seduce him?

What the hell was wrong with me?!

***

The burn in my hand was getting better. The redness of the skin was settling down to my relief.

Jeanette had come to pick Easton this morning-- seemed like he did take my advice-- and insisted to give us all a ride. But I knew she was just being kind and considerate. The way she paled around Alden and the way he stiffened around her... refusing her offer I saved both of them from a horrible drive.

But that turned out to be a huge mistake since our old rusted car gave up on us and didn't budge a step forward. I knew a thing or two about cars so I checked inside the hood. Indeed, a couple of wires were fried due to the massive outside heat. I could fix it, the wires had to be changed with some other things in the engine but we didn't have that much time. We were already running late.

I didn't want to get detention on my first day of school!

Linda's bright and grinning face gave us the hope we were looking for. "When I'm here, not to fear." She said that a lot and every time we laughed at it.

Her bright red painted lips spread wide while her eyes teased me, and she told us to follow her.

Tabby loudly huffed, stomping her feet. She was annoyed because I refused the ride with Jeanette. She didn't know the truth and I couldn't tell her.

Secrets were never safe with her. I had learned my lesson tons of times.

Once in the garage, I gasped with my hand to my heart and my mouth fell open.

I swear I was drooling along with Alden who caressed the gorgeous baby in front of us.

"Do you too see this?" He asked, with dazed eyes.

It was Tesla Model S P100D. Damn!

I laughed, nodding. Unbelievable. We both absolutely had that common between us. The love for cars and speed.

"Oh god! Seriously? Can we just go? I don't wanna be late on my first day because you both can't stop salivating over a car." Tabby snapped and opened the door to the back door. It was all black with amazing leather on the inside.

I ignored her comment but Alden told her it wasn't just a car and she should watch it when speaking about something this precious.

"I'm driving!" I called the dibs and Alden sighed, rolling his eyes. I was absolutely going to take it out for a run after school. He turned around to Linda who was grinning at us and shrugged, "As long as it comes back home unharmed."

He smiled, "I'll take care of it with my life." Then he hopped in the passenger seat while I slipped behind the wheels.

Almost squealing, I started the car and back out of the garage.

The wild and frantic rush of adrenalin shot through my veins and I leaned back, inhaling the sweet smell of leather mixed with Easton's cologne.

With eyes trained on the road, I zoomed on the streets.

"Wow..." I gasped, slowing at a busy road. The lady from GPS system told me to take a right so I did.

Tabby had been whining all this time about speeding while Alden had just laughed beside me. He trusted me. Even Jamey seemed to enjoy himself, for once gazing out his window, and not in his book.

I spotted an empty space in the school's lot and parked the car there. With latest model BMWs and Audis and even Porsche's around this car, it suddenly felt as if what I just drove wasn't such a huge deal after all.

Cursing us, Tabby climbed off the car and started settling her hair. Jamey was adamant about opening his side window. I climbed off just as Alden did and he extended his open hand to me.

I rolled my eyes and all my hopes for taking it for a ride after school died.

He raised a brow and pursed his lips at me.

I heaved a sigh and snapped the keys in his hand. He grinned and winked at me. For the first time he genuinely looked happy in days and just like that I wasn't disappointed anymore.

I hoisted my handbag higher on my shoulder and looked around to notice people were gaping at us-- at me.

Well, my clothes and the car didn't go along at all. I was wearing sky blue jeans which I'd ripped myself. Paying money to buy torn jeans seemed stupid to me. So I ripped my jeans myself. My torso was clad in blue tank top topped with an open white button down shirt. I had paired my outfit with my white and blue sneakers.

My hair was pulled back in a messy ponytail, while couple of short wisps cupped both side of my face.

Nervously, I pushed a loose strand behind my ear and licked my lips. My heart was going wild in my chest, as I passed people around me, whispering and gawking at us.

The school building was blue and grey and I didn't think school this ginormous ever existed in this world.

It had three buildings merged together, parted with different staircases (as told by Elliot). Getting lost here for newcomers was easy and led directly to detention.

I swallowed the lump at the back of my throat and squeezed Tabby's hand. At that moment I felt younger not otherwise.

Her giddiness made me want to throw up. How could she be so confident? Maybe because she was beautiful and everyone always loved her after laying eyes on her.

Yeah, probably that.

She leaned in and smiled. Tabby was a couple of inches taller than me and way more skinny than I ever could be. Her beautiful blonde hair was turned in soft curls and left loose around her. She was dressed in one of the outfits she bought yesterday. A light shade of violet sundress which ended just above her knees.

Her flawless makeup made me think if I should've put on some too to hide my freckles and that little black mole right in the center of my chin.

Maybe I should have.

Or not.

I wasn't going to change myself for anyone.

We all got our schedules and said our byes for the day. Jamey had his classes in building A while I and Tabby had in B and Alden in C. Because I had chosen a couple of advanced classes, I too had a few of them in building C. But, those were mostly after lunch.

Tabby and I walked until her locker came into view. She was literally bouncing from one foot to another--way too exhilarated for my taste.

"Can you take your bubbliness a notch down? I think I'm gonna throw up."

She laughed, looping her arm with mine as we found my locker next.

I used the code I was given and it popped open. "Well, your best friend is here." I shut the locker in time to see Jeanette strolling towards us-- tucked under Easton's arm.

I looked away-- which I didn't understand why.

"Hi, you guys!" Her sweet voice reached us.

I smiled, looking back up at her. "Hi."

"Oh! Arnold is here." Tabby grabbed me in a hug. "I'll see you at lunch okay? We have it after fourth. You'll be okay till then right?"

Yup, it did seem like she was older not me.

I forced a smile and nodded, as she hugged Jeanette and scurried away, disappearing with the flow of students.

Some--most-- of them stood around, gawking at us. At me. I was starting to hate the idea of high schools.

I pushed a lock behind my ear and licked my lips. "I should go and find my class."

"I'll help you." Jeanette glanced up at Easton whose eyes were stuck on me. "And I'll see you in English." She whispered to him.

Then she let go of his arm when he suddenly pulled her in for a long kiss. Breakfast from this morning swirled wildly in my stomach, as I snapped my eyes down at my feet.

I bit my cheek, trying to control my gaze from going towards them.

I turned around to distract myself with something and instantly a smile crawled to my lips. Elliot grinned and waved at me as he rushed over, sliding to come to a halt and draped an arm around my shoulder.

"Hey, beautiful." Heat crept on my cheeks and I didn't know why but I gazed at Easton and bit my lip when I saw his gaze fixated on me.

I looked back at Elliot and smiled, "Hi."

"Heard someone drove Tesla to school. And everyone can't stop talking about her badass driving skills." Wait! What?? My grin widened and I blushed so bad.

A growl came from around me and I watched Easton turn red. All shades of red.

Oh shit!

"You drove my car." Jeanette grabbed his arm when he stepped in my face.

"Dude! What are you doing?" Elliot snapped, glaring at him, ready to defend me.

I sighed, please no, not now. When I finally thought things between me and him were cooling off, this had to happen.

"Our car didn't work and we were getting late. Linda let us--"

He pushed Elliot aside as he pointed a finger at my face. "You need to stay away from my car. You hear me? If you touch it again, I swear I'll make you and your whole family regret it." He gritted his teeth. And I winced, feeling tears at the brink of my eyes.

I swallowed the mortifying lump and nodded. He backed off and stalked away but not without throwing a daring glance that gave me chills. Not the good kind.

I heaved in a sigh, leaning against my locker. Well, that went well.

XOXO

Thank you so much :)

PLEASE VOTE/COMMENT/SHARE/LOVE

~D <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

179K 5.7K 81
His hands cold, his eyes dark holding something that no one knows. A dark aura on him that makes people stay away. He's a loner, everyone avoids him...
1.7M 52.8K 72
One day you're happy, and the next, a freak accident exposes your boyfriend's dirty little secrets in the worst possible way. I lost the man I loved...
316K 11.6K 45
"We said whoever eats the most pizza has to do the dare no matter how cruel or easy it is." This is just a glimpse of our sleepovers. Ivy and Autumn...