Angel [Hierarchy Series] [Har...

By Reader_as_YourName20

Harry Potter Ladies x Female Reader -------------------------------------- Had the Father been so blind Putti... More

Chapter 1 - The Call
Chapter 2 - Being Chosen
Chapter 3 - Diagon Alley
Chapter 4 - Hogwarts Express
Chapter 5 - Hogwarts Castle
Chapter 6 - The Tour
Chapter 7 - West Tower
Chapter 8 - A Secret
Chapter 9 - Dueling Club
Chapter 10 - Flying Lesson
Chapter 11 - The Start
Chapter 12 - The Conversation
Chapter 13 - Uncommon Dream
Chapter 14 - To fall
Chapter 16 - Her confession
Chapter 17 - Before Christmas
Chapter 18 - Our Neighbor
Chapter 19 - Picture Perfect
Chapter 20 - Evening Run
Chapter 21 - Wolve's Den
Chapter 22 - Ice Skating
Chapter 23 - Reo's Simba
Chapter 24 - Merry Christmas
Chapter 25 - The Godfather
Chapter 26 - Reid's Castle
Chapter 27 - Her Epiphany
Chapter 28 - Away Again
Chapter 29 - The Malfoy
Chapter 30 - By January
Chapter 31 - Whole Package
Chapter 32 - Dark Forest
Chapter 33 - The Rumors
Chapter 34 - Coming Clean
Chapter 35 - Wand-less Magic
Chapter 36 - Connecting Everything
Chapter 37 - Girl's Lavatory
Chapter 38 - The Letters
Chapter 39 - Last Night
Chapter 40 - After Before
Chapter 41 - Death's Trade
Chapter 42 - Izumi Village

Chapter 15 - Broomstick Flying

224 9 10
By Reader_as_YourName20

Chapter 15

The group first headed to Madam Hooch to borrow some broom and to ask for permission to just fly with it for a while. "Of course, how can I resist you missy?" chuckled the flying instructor, squeezing both of Y/N's cheeks absentmindedly. Rolanda should have kept her hands for herself but she had been so close with the Hufflepuff that she's treating her more of like cute, little friend than a student after all the time they had bonded together.

This got a shock out of the others, seeing the two of them in a comfortable manner wasn't an everyday thing after all. And despite her cheeks being squeezed, Y/N gave a toothy smile. "Thank you, Madam Hooch! I owe you one."

Rolanda laughed and shook her head no, letting go of the girl and let her right hand rest on her hip. "Oh don't worry kid, this is for always helping me out." winked the flying instructor, "Beside I know you'll be care with these brooms."

"As always." promised Y/N and so, gathering their brooms, they all left the woman alone on her office.

When safe and away from Madam Hooch hearing range, Nathan belted "What the hell was that?!" and no one really question him since he was speaking for the other Gryffindor.

He receive a confuse look the only Hufflepuff then, who inquired "What?" in an innocent manner.

"That!" Nathan pointed out, "Since when did you get so close to Madam Hooch?"

"Oh, that," Y/N chuckled, "it's because I've always volunteered to help Madam Hooch up whenever she needs to and she's pretty chill to hang out with, you know. Oh, she also taught me extra lesson on Flying whenever she and I have a free time so we got really close." Y/N reasoned, "Why are you guys acting surprised, anyway?"

"Well..." Katie cleared her throat, wanting to point out the extraordinary of this 'friendship' but simply refrain of judging the girl's interior motives. She had observed the girl enough to tell that she's just really friendly to all. "It's nothing; we're just... taken back? I guess?"

Y/N simply tilts her head and shrugged before simple continuing on her way with Ginny on her side. Y/N had refused to let go of Ginny's hand, well in the office it was an exception, and she held it whenever the ginger liked it or not. Though Ginny didn't much complain, she wouldn't dare, for Y/N's presence was so smoothing. She can forget that she's trouble with Y/N.

It wasn't like a crime, Nathan thought, but the proximity he just witness back then... it felt like that they're stepping through the line of teacher and student that should limit such relationship! And to admit, he didn't take the woman as someone who'd be that comfortable with a student.

But, with a sigh, Nathan believed Y/N brings out the best out of the people she meets, the ones she held close, despite her secretive nature and... that. Y/N wasn't the one to mess with so even Nathan had some limits when approaching her but what she do to people, how she simply make them feel is sure something else.

And maybe, just maybe, it was why Katie Bell looked so awestruck while she watches Y/N in some time; perhaps she's doing it without her noticed even. Maybe it added a perks of why the Gryffindor was finding his friend so different yet easy to be in-common with. And perhaps it's why Katie would cheer Y/N's name as they decided to play around, despite being team up with him in this mini-Quidditch game.

Katie was cheering for Y/N's team, consisting only Ginny.

Or maybe it was Y/N's charming smile and that controlled gleam in her eyes that caught both of the Gryffindor girl's attention. The way Y/N gracefully flew and laughs like she carry no problem at all, perhaps her warmth that made them... like this.

Nathan watched; being the most observant he is compared to Y/N, his two house mates. He saw how Ginny become the Gryffindor she is, chasing away her problem in the air, at Y/N's presence, how the ginger smiles just because Y/N was there. Nathan compared the Ginny then, who seems to be acting like an outcast before and the Ginny now. That bright, happy, and known trait of a Weasley surfaced.

Nathan's eyes drift to the older one then. He knew little of Katie, Nathan can admit that, but being friend with her these passed months, he can see how wide her smile compared to some. And that instinct, that worry for Y/N falling and Katie quickly having her arms secured at the Hufflepuff. The way she make sure Y/N wouldn't get hurt, wouldn't do any misstep upon riding her own broom.

Nathan knew... he knew.

"Oh you're gonna get it now, Bell!" Ginny threatened yet her smile didn't quiver when Katie had smacked her head, yelling 'Tag, you're it.' while in the air. And instead of chasing the older one as she said, it was Y/N she tried to tag since the Hufflepuff was closer.

"Catch me if you dare, Weasley!" belted Y/N, laughing, while expertly dodging Ginny. Getting bored with the first game, Y/N gave a new idea and offered the thrill of the game of tag while still riding a broom, and all thought to give it a try. "What's wrong, Weasley can't handle my speed? If you plan to ever get to be in the Quidditch Team, first you have to succeed upon catching me!" challenged Y/N, knowing just well how the girl would react.

Fuming a little, Ginny accepted and continue to chase Y/N. The Hufflepuff, knowing well how she could lose the girl trailing her, dived down all the sudden. It was unexpected and Ginny, taken back, didn't manage to fully dodge the upcoming obstacle.

Her broom was broken and Ginny yelp when she begins to fall but Y/N was quick to catch her, quickly rambling her apologies when she land them back to the ground safe. "Are you okay? Mon Dieu, Gin, je suis tellement desolée!" My God, Gin, I'm so sorry! Y/N gone on, inspecting Ginny's state and cup her face.

Ginny looked confuse, "W-what?"

"I umm;" Y/N cleared her throat, embarrass when she realized that she was speaking in her native tongue, but didn't lean away from her contact. She likes the feeling of Ginny's warmth. "I was apologizing; I didn't think you'd crash. Are you hurt somewhere?"

Before Ginny could answer –she was too lost in Y/N's eyes and their closeness to mutter a word – a voice called out "Hey!" and they part away, looking to the direction of the voice, and saw Katie as she landed a few feet away with Nathan following, "You two alright? What happened there?"

"Y-yeah," mumbled a red face Ginny, "Well, I was too focused on Y/N that I didn't saw the tower but she caught me so I think we're good." she explained.

Nathan glance at his friend to see her looking guilty a bit and his eyes then moved to the remaining of the broom. "Oh no," gasp Nathan then at the sight of the destroyed broom, "Merlin we're getting in so much trouble for this." But despite this, Y/N just laughs, surprising the Gryffindors. Nathan frowned, "What's so funny?" he said with a hiss, though it didn't come as angry as he thought it would be.

Shaking her head, Y/N cast a strong "Reparo!" that fixed the problem in immediate.

"Whoa," gasp both Ginny and Nathan while Katie seemly looked impressed.

"I didn't know it could do that." commented Nathan as he pick up now fixed broom, it look like it wasn't even broken in the first place.

Y/N simply chuckled more, "What did you take it for? It's a Mending Charm, duh! A certain spell that fixes things, simple." and then shrugs.

"Don't go sassing me on me now, mate." Nathan argued, sticking out his tongue at the girl after.

"When did you learn that by the way?" asked Ginny, curious. She was amazed though, having to witness the white and black light that comes off when Y/N cast a spell.

"At Charms, silly," Y/N looked a little smug, though she sounded teasingly, "you could have known if you weren't so consumed with your diary every time."

Ginny tensed but no one noticed since Y/N had already part away.

"Would it still work?" Nathan asked and Y/N beckoned him to pass the broom.

She mounts it and gave the broom a test-flight and reported "All good!"

"Anyway, I think enough flying for today." Katie inserted after. "I'm feeling kind of hungry now."

Y/N then cast "Tempus." to check the time and saw that it will be an hour before 12. "Well, it will be lunch soon so anyone fancies an early meal?" Everyone looked at her confuse, but, still with a beaming smile, she only beckon the Gryffindors to follow her.

Of course, they return the brooms first and Y/N volunteered to speak the truth to Madam Hooch. She was interrogated, asked what spell she cast out to fix it. She told the truth and also report that the broom was working perfectly fine. Without much concern, Rolanda simply let it be, saying, with confident, that she trust Y/N.

After bidding her gratitude and goodbye, Y/N led the Gryffindors in front of a fruit portrait a floor below the Great Hall. "What are we doing here, Y/N?" Ginny asked, unfamiliar with the Hufflepuff's floor just yet. Y/N just throws a smile at her way before reaching out to tickle the pear on the portrait. It soon turns to a knob.

"I welcome you," Y/N started, facing the Gryffindor as she opens the door, "to the kitchen."

"Wicked," Nathan breathe out, "so there is a kitchen here after all."

"But wait, what are we actually doing here?" asked Katie.

"We're going to eat, of course!" Y/N stated before calling out "Rommie, dear?"

A pop and the elf appeared. "Blimey!" was Nathan shock phrase and he jerked away at the sight of the elf and hid behind Y/N "What the bloody hell?"

Ginny already knew the existent of elf and find the Muggle boy's reaction amusing as Katie was.

"Ah, you called Rommie, Miss L/N?"

"Yes," Y/N nodded shyly, "I would like some assistance, if that would be alright with you."

Rommie beams, "Rommie will be happy to help Miss L/N in her need."

"That I'm grateful for, Rommie." Y/N smile down at the elf but before she could ask for a favor, a few more pop interrupt them. Three other elves had arrived.

"Miss L/N," they all greeted at the same time, welcoming her presence again in the kitchen and they hurried their way to stand before her.

"My, Curtsy, Stinkie, Obbie," Y/N called them in a row, "hello!" she waved her hand at them.

"What is it that the Miss need?" Obbie asked, eager to please as he always been.

"Would Miss L/N fancy a cup of Lemon Ginger tea?" towed Curtsy, having to be praised by Y/N before when she offered.

"That would be brilliant, Curtsy, I've been carving it since yesterday so if you please, do make one for each of my friends too."

Curtsy nodded, happy to hear suck kind words, "As you wish!"

The shiest among the elf, Stinkie, then pull Y/N's cloak to get her attention. Having Y/N's pair of eyes look down on him, he spoke with a small voice "If Stinkie is allowed; Stinkie wishes to ask what brought the miss here."

The three Gryffindor simply watch the exchange and all wondered that if Y/N had been visiting here frequently that the Hufflepuff had become usual that even the elf knows here. "Well, see sweeties, my friend and I had exhaust ourselves with flying on our broom that we decided to find something to eat, so I was hoping it'll be alright ask if we can have an early lunch?"

"Of course, we will do so for the miss!" Obbie cheered, smiling. And so, they left to do their chore.

"So like..." after a moment of silent, the three Gryffindor trying to progress what happened, Katie speaks up. "They know you here?"

"Yep," Y/N said while popping the 'p' while she's at it. "I actually just found out about this place yesterday afternoon."

"Oh, so that's why you disappeared on me!" huff Nathan, remembering yesterday well. He panicked when he didn't saw the girl on the room with them anymore and almost turn the place upside down searching for her, only to be told by Ronald that she left.

With an amused smile, Y/N rolled her eyes at her best friend. "I didn't just disappear, Nathan, you were just too busy playing chess with Harry that you didn't pay attention to me. I got bored so I decided to be nosey instead, though honestly it's because I keep losing to Ron. He's a sweetheart but I couldn't bear with the fact that I can't win a single round with him as my foe."

The blond boy belted with laughter. "Just admit it, you suck at chess." Nathan grin a victory smile when Y/N simply punched him in the shoulder as a come-back.

The Gryffindors laugh and all continue to chat away as they wait for the nosh to munch on, Curtsy then brought them the tea and Y/N beams at her first sip, commenting "Dear, you must teach me how you make these, it's delicious!" that brought little redness on the elf cheeks. To be praised wasn't a usual thing for Curtsy. The elves barely get attention here after all.

They left after then, thanking the elves for their generosity. They wanted to hang more, know more of what happens in the kitchen when the elves were preparing food for the students but was force to get out of the busy room when it become too much.

"Phew, I'm stuffed." Nathan sighed, touching his belly.

While Y/N was wiping some grease that he missed with her free hand, she chuckled and recount "I forgot how messy you eat." that point out the gap that seems to appearing now between them. It wasn't like they had an argument, or a fight, or anything, Y/N was merely pointing out the fact that it's there, whenever they like it or not.

Y/N was holding Ginny's hand again so she was using her left hand, not really intending to let go any time now and Katie's eyes wouldn't linger away from this scene, something in her says that it's a bad thing to watch while the other scream that she interfere.

"I'm not really that offended by that." Nathan laughed, placing his arm to the Hufflepuff's shoulder to pull the girl close. "Ron's rubbing it in me."

"Argh," Katie could imagine Y/N, since the girl was facing away, rolling her eyes at the blond, "I'm starting to think it's a boy thing."

"Are you calling me a boy then?" a voice from behind commented, stopping the four of them.

Turning to face whoever it was, Y/N's face quickly light up to see Ella with her black hair tied to a pony tail. Y/N run to the girl and hug her as a greeting, happily yelling "El!" on her way.

"Sup, little Siren," Ella lift Y/N up by the underarm despite the yelp and the offended 'Hey!' that followed. "I've been searching for you for a while now." she let the girl stand back to the ground when she was fully entertained and she received a punch on the shoulder for her teasing. "Ow, why'd you do that?" she pouted then.

"You know damn well why, you dimwit." Y/N pouted back and before anyone else could process something, they were laughing, lighting up the deserted hall. "Anyways, I was with Nate, Gin and Kate ever since this morning, just flying around here and there." Y/N informed for the sake of explaining herself.

"Kate?" frown Ella and she look behind Y/N to inspect the company she was keeping, Nate and Gin was an exceptional but when her eyes landed to Katie Bell, it harden and she almost growl. "Since when did Miss Katie Bell hangs with you?" she interrogate and even though her words were send to Y/N, Ella's eyes stays locked to the Gryffindor while her hand snaking their way to Y/N's waist possessively.

Before Y/N could answer, Katie decided to speak for herself, "None of your business, Nelson." She sassed as she made her way closer to them before crossing her arms.

"Oh but it is, Bell," Ella growled, "I have every right to know what Y/N's up to."

"And who gave you that right? You're basically sounding like a clingy dog digging into someone else business." barked the Gryffindor, leveling the intensity of Ella's glare. "She doesn't need you bugging her about whomever she see fit to hang around to."

Ella actually growled and being so close to her, Y/N didn't mistake it from something else. It was likely animalistic but that, she put aside and voice her own opinion, "Guys, please refrain yourself. Why are two fighting anyways?" she asked worriedly, trying to get out of the older Hufflepuff's hold but failing.

Noticing this, Katie commented "Let her go, Nelson, before I make you." she boasted confidently. Oh how she wants to hex the girl, how could she hold Y/N that way! Katie wouldn't allow this to pass.

"Oh, I like to see you try, you bugger." Ella again, growled, tightening her hold around Y/N. Nathan's stance was ready to interfere, his hand already holding into his wand upon feeling the atmosphere shift dangerously while Ginny felt lost, though she was also wielding her own wand just in case.

"Enough!" interrupted Y/N, "What is it with you two? El, please, I am not picking anyone's side at this mess but Kate does have a point... I don't mind you checking on me, I feel special that you do, but I want to be friends with Katie and friends hang out at some time, yeah?"

The fury in Ella calms to hear that smoothing voice, her wolf obediently following this request and she look down shamefully. "I... I just, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make a fuss."

Y/N nodded and stood on her heel, placing a kiss on the tall girl's forehead before facing Katie, she frowns to see the Gryffindor still with narrowed eyebrow and fuming state. "Katie I –" but the Gryffindor was stubborn, not backing down.

Ella's hand were still around Y/N and while those unworthy arms still there, Katie wouldn't settle down for one, she doesn't like the idea of someone else doing so, and two, she doesn't know why she's acting this way and it was frustrating her to the bone. She shouldn't be reacting like this; she's not even into girls! But the idea of someone else having the proximity that's between the Nelson girl and Y/N...

'What's happening to me?'

Now panicking, Katie sudden turn around and sprint to escape her own war, though she's obviously carried it with her when she left the others behind. "K-Kate!" the voice, whom belong Y/N failed to make her stop. Katie needed somewhere she could breath, to think.

Y/N didn't know why but watching her go was heartbreaking, she felt at fault, that she did something wrong or offending that made Katie run away. She felt rejected in some ways and it shown when she lost her control. Her hair dyed in some shade of dark brown, feeling overwhelmed and uncertain as she watches Katie's figure disappear.

This surprises everyone, even Nathan, and especially Ginny. Y/N's breathing become heavy and her hand form a fist that would be loose at the moment it tightens. She didn't know what to do, what to feel! This was a first, this aching in her chest and the fact that she's losing her control, that she's couldn't conceal, was making her angry and sad and –

Before she even know it, Nathan had pull her in an embrace and his voice, soften but cracking, tried to whisper assurance, reminders that she needed to take charge of the waken emotion that wasn't welcomed. Y/N's hair was flaming red then and he couldn't let her have another 'breakdown' with so many audiences.

Heavy breathing was the only thing Y/N focused on, her 'inhale then exhale' routine comes down with 'One mummy's jelly, two mummy's jelly, t-three mummy's jelly' to help her gain back her posture. She counted up to 20 before she finally did.

As she succeed with this, a familiar bossy –though it was filled with worried –voice called out and Y/N, snapping out of her thoughts. She saw Hermione rushing her way towards her. The girl slangs her arms around Y/N, quickly interviewing her "What's wrong, did something happen?"

Y/N frown a bit, wondering how the brunette know where she was and got the idea that something was wrong but dismiss these thoughts when Y/N felt the warmth contact of Hermione's hand and that scent of quills that seem to clung around Hermione. Y/N didn't know why but this has some effect on her.

"I'm okay." Y/N breathes out though she didn't look at the brunette directly in the eyes in fear of Hermione finding her lying. She glances around, seeing that all still had a shock expression, and Y/N cursed herself for exposing the secret she fear of everyone knowing. "...I'm okay."

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Katie was pacing, walking back and forth as she argued with herself. She was back to her dormitory, alone thankfully, and her mind had been running with merely thoughts concerning the Hufflepuff. She never felt so torn about such thing.

She likes boys; she's supposed to like boys since she's a girl. But why, why does that 1st year have to be so darn cute! She's so smart and caring, there's that hint of dreamily gaze and soft voice that just capture your attention even if she just whisper.

"ARGH!" roared Katie, now super frustrated.

And then, that new hairstyle, oh Merlin, she was so speechless that she couldn't bring herself to mention anything or even give a friendly compliment about it. And the way Y/N was so in control of her broom, despite still learning in Broom Flight Lesson with Madam Hooch. Well, the Hufflepuff did mention that she's taking extra classes but still, the grace, the way Y/N looked so flawless, Katie was questioning everything she's ever was.

And so, comes their cue, Alicia and Angelina's enter the room midway in their conversation and two girl stop when they caught sight of their fellow Chaser in such mess. "Whoa, girl, are you okay?" Alicia inquired with uncertain gaze.

"NO!" scream Katie, punching the air to release some tension in her.

"Okay..." Angelina trailed off, exchanging glance with Alicia then and with a nod from her friend, she commanded "Spill."

Katie ranted "She's confusing the heck out of me! How is she doing that, being so carefree and so majestically pure and so cute and then she'd look at me like she feel something, like she have a crush on me, but then all the sudden she's holding someone else's hand and get so comfortably close to another girl or act merely affinity towards someone else –freaking little ARGH!" as she continue on with her pacing before finally crushing down to her bed with a muffled cry.

Alicia shared a knowing look with Angelina then and, figuring the puzzle out, declared "She's in love." at the same time.

Hearing this, Katie lifts herself up and objected "No I'm not! And she's a girl!"

"She's into this really deep." Alicia cheekily mumbled with a grin while Angelina looks disappointed. "Oh come on, Angel, we should be celebrating for her, finding the greener side of the field!"

Angelina let out a grunt and looks at Katie who then sat up, "First it was the Colt boy, which I could understand since he's attractive at some point, but then you go on and then got wooed by the best friend, a kid also? Is this kind of a rebound, revenge or some sort?"

"Fuck you!" spat Katie, clinging into her pillow. "I wasn't the one going on around and jinxing people's broom!"

"Well," sighed Angelina, though she felt guilty again despite being forgiven, "I'm just glad it's someone who would actually reciprocate, you have a chance, congratulations."

"What?" Katie frowned at her friend, wondering what she meant.

"Oh please," Alicia butts in, "we saw how she look at you. Little huffy couldn't ignore the beauty that is Katie Bell." She said with a smug look.

"Really?" a hopeful glint flashed in Katie's face but, realizing how she was reacting, tried to act like she was not by saying "B-but not l-like I care anyway."

Angelina simply shook her head in amusement while Alicia just cheered "Come on! I think a Butterbear is in order!" before pulling a grumpy Katie along with them. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

675K 24.7K 100
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
425K 10.8K 60
Lady Florence Huntingdon, daughter of the well-known and more importantly, well-respected Earl and Countess Huntingdon is stepping into the 1813 marr...
861K 19.6K 48
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
173K 4.9K 67
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...