My Perfect Soulmate

By SimplyAmber96

(Sequel to 'My Perfect Mistake') It's been two years since Victoria and Aaron have seen each other. Victoria... More

Chapter 1
Casting!
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6 (Part 1)
Chapter 6 (Part 2)
Chapter 7
Chapter 8 (Part 1)
Chapter 8 (Part 2)
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12 (Part 1)
Chapter 12 (Part 2)
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15 (Part 1)
Chapter 15 (Part 2)
Chapter 16 (Part 1)
Chapter 17 (Part 1)
Chapter 17 (Part 2)
Chapter 18 (Part 1)
Chapter 18 (Part 2)
Chapter 19 (Part 1)
Chapter 19 (Part 2)
Chapter 20 (Part 1)
Chapter 20 (Part 2)
Chapter 21
Chapter 22 (Part 1)
Chapter 22 (Part 2)
Not An Update, But...
Chapter 23
Chapter 24 (Part 1)
Chapter 24 (Part 2)
Chapter 25
Chapter 26 (Part 1)
Chapter 26 (Part 2)
Epilogue

Chapter 16 (Part 2)

11.3K 389 47
By SimplyAmber96

We finish eating and I take care of the bill. We leave the restaurant and I attempt to catch us a cab.

"Thanks for a having dinner with us Vicky." I overhear Grace. "It was great to catch up, and I know having you around has made Sophie's day."

"Thanks for inviting me. Today has been the most fun I've had in a while." I wonder what she does in her free time now that she's single. Nadine has canceled plans with Donavan a couple times, leaving us as his second option for company. But other than that, they're always together. Victoria's never mentioned any other friends to me, but that doesn't mean they're not there. Thinking of her sitting around alone makes me want to make her mine even more. She'd never be lonely with me.

A taxi finally pulls up and I open the door for Victoria. She hugs Sophie as she says goodbye.

"Don't forget about tomorrow." Grace says. "11:00, okay?"

"Got it." Victoria says with a smile. She stops at the car door and gives me a small smile that manages to make my heart skip. "Talk to you later?"

"Yeah. Of course." I nod. She climbs in the cab and I shut the door. She waves goodbye as the taxi takes off.

"That didn't go so bad." Grace says as she comes behind me and wraps her arms around my neck. "You're welcome for livening up the night. You were such a downer tonight."

"What are you planning tomorrow?" I ask, moving her arms from around me. I face her, and she frowns up at me. "I'm just trying to get to know her. What, don't want your baby mamma and crush to hang out together?" She smiles.

"You don't like Victoria."

"That's not true." She shakes her head. "How can I hate her if I don't even know her? The three of us are going to have a girl's day tomorrow, right Soph?"

"Yeah." Sophie answers with a smile. "Just girls. No boys allowed."

"Awe, I'm hurt." I place my hand over my heart and fake disappointment. "You leave out your poor dad?"

"Yes." She laughs. "No boys!"

"Alright, fine." I sigh. "Give me hug before you go." I crouch down to give Sophie a hug and place a kiss on her cheek before sending her off with Grace. I'm nervous about Vicky hanging out with Grace tomorrow. But with Sophie's good energy around I think everything should go fine. I never imagined something like this ever happening. Not with our past.

*Victoria*

I wake to my alarm and climb out of bed. Nadine's bed is still perfectly made from yesterday morning which means she slept over at Donovan's again. I haven't seen or talked to her since the night before last. I want to tell her she was right and apologize for being so naïve about Aaron. I hope she comes homes tonight because I'm in desperate need of her advice.

I shower and dress in dark jeans and my favorite cream sweater. I leave my hair in its natural state and settle with mascara only for the day. I gear up with my winter coat scarf, gloves, and snow boots before heading out the door. I grab a quick coffee on my way to the subway station.

I take the subway into upper east side and attempt to find the address Grace gave me. When I finally find her apartment, I ring the bell and she lets me in without asking who I am. I take the stairs up to the fourth floor and knock on her door. I hear shuffling and the faint sound of voices before the door springs open. Grace greets me with a smile as she lets me in.

My eyes grow a bit wide at her apartment. It's lusher than Aaron's, but definitely doesn't compare to what Colton's parents have. It's open concept and modern. It's bright with natural light entering through the large windows lining part of the kitchen wall. Dark hardwood covers the floors and a stone accent pillar between the living area and kitchen somehow ties the entire place together. There's two closed doors to the left and an opening to a hallway to the right that leaves me unable to tell how many bedrooms this place has. Aaron's apartment is nice, but it's old and run down as one would expect from a college student's budget. But Grace's apartment looks as if she's already set up in a well-paying job and has her life together. How can she possibly afford this place?

"Sorry, we're running a little late." Grace says as she fixes her sweater. "Story of my life since having Sophie. It's amazing how many extra steps are added to your day when you have a child."

"Take your time." I reassure her still taking in her apartment. "There's no rush."

"Vicky?" I hear Sophie's voice. One of the doors to the left opens and Sophie runs out with her hair a mess and wearing only a sweater and underwear. She jumps into my arms and wraps her arms around my neck in a hug

"I sweetheart." I greet her as I hug her back.

"Sophie, please hurry and put your pants on. I still have to do your hair before we can leave."

"Can Vicky do it? I want it like her hair." She takes two handfuls of my hair and lifts it just to release it and let it return to my shoulders.

"Vicky, do you mind?" Grace looks at me apologetically. "I'd do anything to make her move faster."

"Sure. It's no problem." I laugh at the situation. "Come on Sophie. Let's get you ready."

After finally getting Sophie dressed and seeing everything there is to see in her room, we leave. Sophie walks in between Grace and me as she holds our hands.

"Shopping, shopping. We're going shopping." She sings to herself, lost in her own world.

"Thanks for your help this morning." Grace says. "I wanted to make a good impression for our first time hanging out, but it was just one of those mornings."

"No worries. Honestly, any time with her is cherished. Even if it's struggling to get her dressed and listening to her go on and on about all her toys." I laugh. "She manages to make my day a little brighter."

"You must have missed her over the last couple of years, huh?"

"Of course. I tried not to think of the past too much, for obvious reasons. But I would wonder how she was or what she looked like. I never thought I'd see her again, but now that I have I can say she's surpassed my expectations. You and Aaron are doing a great job, given how busy you two are."

"We try our best." She shrugs. "Things would probably be a disaster if Aaron and I hadn't put aside our differences. He's changed a lot, you know. I think we all have."

We've each grown more in the last couple of years. Grace seems like a responsible adult and mother. I could actually see us becoming friends now. While Aaron has grown more responsible too, I can't help but think he's living in the past. He wants us to try again and go back to the way things were. We're too different now for that to happen.

"He told me what happened last night." She continues. "He's torn up about it."

"Wow, you guys have really become close." I say. "You two talk about everything?"

"He's one of my best friends." She shrugs. "And when he's not in a good headspace, Sophie can't get the attention she needs. So yes, we talk about everything. Why won't you give him another chance?"

She expects me to give him a second chance too? How could she ask me to do that when she was part of the problem two years ago? They're even closer now, which makes me even more skeptical. I don't trust him. I can't trust him after seeing just how close he is with Grace now. The chances for another heart break is too high.

"We're too broken." I answer. "Things can't go back to the way they were. Things weren't good back then anyway."

"Then can I make a suggestion?" I'm sure if I say no she'd give it to me anyway so I nod. "Let him go. He's still in love with you. He has been all this time. But it was easier for him when you weren't in his life. It's hard for me to say this since Sophie loves you so much, but it's best if you stayed away. Things were better before you showed up. I think you're sweet and have no intention of hurting anybody, but that's what's happening. It's not good for anybody. But it's your choice of course. Just think about it."

She looks at me with apologetic eyes and I get the feeling this is the real reason she wanted to hang out today. I'm not sure if it's because she wants Aaron for herself, or whether she's worried about Sophie. Whatever it is, I can't help thinking she's right. Not only did I come into Aaron's life giving him false hope, I've probably given Sophie false hope as well. Not to mention the moment Aaron came back into my life, things with Colton and I started going downhill. After all, Aaron is the reason I lost Colton's trust in the first place. I wish I could have seen my future and stopped myself from going into the café that day.

***************************************************************************************

I'm a day late, but here is part two.  What are your thoughts on Grace? Do you think she's looking out for Aaron or plotting her own agenda?

Picture of Victoria!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.1K 387 18
How much will change in Maddie's and Shawn's life after what happened? They were both drunk and only one of them remember that night well. Will they...
26.5K 673 20
-Dylan and Jake have been broken up for 2 years now and she has lost connection with Jake and everyone in the house. Dylan has a boyfriend named Asht...
9.6K 182 17
Aaron falls in love with one of Katrina Stewart's friends from Canada when she comes to the US to catch up with Kat and tell her some terrible news...
50.5K 2.6K 28
**Sequel to The New Kid** Elliot and Colton are still very much in love after nearly two years of being together. But it's time for Colton to go to c...