Slipping Through My Fingers

Galing kay DefinitelySalvatore

Rosalie Turner is seventeen and pretty much a lonely soul, as she is forced to care for her younger siblings... Higit pa

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter One

Bonus Chapter Two

10.3K 257 33
Galing kay DefinitelySalvatore

Disclaimer: DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT READ 'THAT BAD BOY'! THIS CHAPTER OCCURS AT THE END OF THE TBB AND CONTAINS SEVERAL SPOILERS SO PLEASE DO NOT RUIN THIS FOR YOURSELF!

Also, this chapter is going to see many characters that you probably don't remember because it's been that long. Please don't panic. I have provided you with a list.

Cam, Chloe and Chris went to high school with Rose and Nate. Cam and Chris married.

Adam was Rose's neighbour and very good friend. Adam and Chloe married.

Brandon and Ashton are Nate's brothers.

Hayden and Melanie are Nate's parents.

Jace, Liam and Mike are Rose's little brothers. Liam and Mike, as in the guys from That Bad Boy.

Now study this list. After you have received 100% on remembering these guys, I give you permission to read.

Now, here we go...

Bonus Chapter Two

Rosalie's POV –

I didn't know how today was going to play out. Whether I'd be a hormonal raging bitch that snapped at every little thing, or if I'd be one of those crying drunks that sobbed about every moment from when they were born up until that specific moment in their life. Or maybe in a twisted turn, today's events wouldn't affect me at all and people would be glancing at me to ensure I wasn't going to throw myself out the window or something.

I had no freaking clue about my emotions and that was what was really scary. I woke up feeling neutral. Yes, there was a massive hole in my heart (that I am blatantly exaggerating about), however I hadn't pissed anyone off just yet. And today hadn't been a sob-fest either.

"How you holding up?" A deep voice asked as I lost my thoughts in the wonders of my mind.

"I'm okay." I replied.

Jace grinned and took a seat next to me.

"You secretly want to dig a hole and cry for fifty years, don't you?"

"Psht, no!"

"Rose..."

"Jace, I'm not that crazy."

He shot me a look, like the very statement was the epitome of a paradox in my life. He shot one eyebrow up, and I grinned at the oh-so coolness of it.

"You know, he's my little brother as well. You could ask how I'm doing."

"You told me last night that you didn't care!"

"I was lying!"

"Why would you lie?!"

"Your stupid husband was there! I couldn't actually say in front of him that I cared. I'd be the joke for the rest of the year."

"Jace, they already make fun of you every year. Admitting that you're sad about Liam would make no difference."

"But I don't actually care about Liam."

"So why are you arguing with me?" I asked exasperatingly.

He grinned as his eyebrows rose.

"It's fun messing with you."

I rolled my eyes at his immaturity.

"You're twenty-eight years old. Can you please get a life?"

"I'm a happily married man with children. I have no life."

I dismissed his comment and watched as people walked around my house in a rush. I had a full house today. And when I mean full-house, I mean I had every person I knew running around in a hurry, all seeming to epitomize madmen as they dressed themselves and whatnot.

Unfortunately, when I told people that they could use my house as a place to get ready for today, they all took my invite seriously and brought their children along, too. I'm kidding, I love that they were all here with me.

But I was glad I was almost finished, and the kids were all dressed too and waiting in their rooms.

"Jace!"

"Yeah?!"

"Can you come and dress your daughter?!"

"I'm coming!"

And that was the way communication worked around here. But I absolutely loved the rush. Jace stood up from the couch and sought his wife and daughter.

I sat alone on the couch and watched as people from stages of my life walked to and from a variety of places, organising their hair and make-up and dresses and so on.

Cam and Chloe saw me and emerged from their husbands as they sat.

"Are you sad?"

"No."

"But he's your little brother."

"I know. Should I be sad? I mean, I haven't felt anything yet."

"Then you're probably sad." They grinned simultaneously.

I laughed along with them and shrugged, making sure not to lean all the way back so I wouldn't wreck the hair design I was currently sporting.

"I'm happy for them, but my little brother is officially going to become a married man. And the other one is following his footsteps in six months! I can't just not feel nostalgic. This is a big deal."

They stayed silent for a few moments before Cam nodded her head in agreement.

"That's true. He is your first brother getting married."

"Um, hello? Who am I then?" Jace frowned as he walked past us carrying his daughter.

We laughed at the offence he took and dismissed him away.

The girls were summoned for their last touch up for makeup before I had to leave to the kids' rooms to make sure they were all dressed. My eldest boys, Daniel and Andy were playing on their Xbox dressed in their tuxedos. They looked very dashing and of course today they would be exploring their options with all the girls that would be coming. I couldn't believe they were already thirteen.

They looked beyond their age, with growth hitting them quite early as they already towered over me. They were spitting images of their father; however bits of my personality seemed to weave into them. The triplets after them – Isaac, Savannah and Arielle were eight years old already. And then there was Damon who was seven, Flynn who was six and my youngest, Layla, who was four.

You could definitely say Nate and I had been very, very busy. But that was it – we had eight replicates of ourselves and we vowed to stop the babies because the stress levels were unbelievable. But I thank God every day at how well-behaved they turned out.

Isaac and Damon were hanging around with Adam's sons just as he approached me.

"How are you going?"

"Why does everyone think I'm going to breakdown or something?"

"Remember when Jace graduated high school? Or when he graduated college? Or when he announced his engagement? Or when he got married? Or when his wife fell pregnant? Or when Liam and Mike graduated? Or Liam proposed to Sienna? Or Mike announcing his-"

"Fine, fine, okay! I get it. I breakdown a lot."

Brandon snickered as he walked by me.

"That's an understatement."

"Go away!" I shouted at him as he laughed.

People seemed to really find me amusing today.

I turned back to Adam as he laughed at me. We sat down and talked for a little while, just as I began to notice everyone leaving.

"Where are you all going?"

"The wedding begins in less than an hour, idiot!"

And like the tsunami they inflicted when they all arrived, in one massive huddle, they all left. This left me and my family. Like my actual family-family.

The kids were all dressed – the guys in their tuxes and the girls with their hair curled and dresses on. It was time for me to slip my dress and jewellery on and leave.

I walked to my bedroom and found my dress hanging on the door. I slipped off my clothes and changed into a proper bra and pair of panties.

"Wow, in all our years of marriage, you've never been that forward with wanting sex."

Lo and behold, my husband.

I turned around and laughed at his appreciative gaze.

"You just got some last night." I replied, my boldness in the way I spoke our sexual endeavours once again surprising me.

"And this morning." He winked, reminding me of our affairs.

"Ugh, you make us sound like such animals." I groaned.

He stepped closer towards me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Can't I just say I love you and that be enough explanation?" He mumbled, kissing me.

I pulled away from him, not before I pecked his lips.

"You could definitely say that, but you can also just face you never stopped being the raging hormonal nineteen year old you were when I met you." I teased.

He laughed and turned us around as he snaked his arms around me.

"That's definitely true. You can't deny how good I am in bed though. Or on the floor... or desk... or in the shower..."

I pushed him away from me as I realised what he was trying to do.

"I am not having sex with you before my brother's wedding!" I yelled at him as I backed away.

"Why not?" He whinged. "We had sex before my brother's wedding!" He paused for a second before the trademark Sanders smirk appeared. "And in between. And after."

Oh my God. He really didn't know when to stop. But I couldn't blame him because it really did take two to tango.

I ordered him to go put his tux on as I walked into my wardrobe and put my dress on. It was absolutely gorgeous one – if I do say so myself. It was a dark purple long, lace dress that accented my curves. The sleeves were long and the neck was decent, however it drew down into a V in the middle of my back. It snug onto my body, and I matched it with a vintage wavy hairstyle. Once I slipped on my heels and put my jewellery on, I left the room and saw Nate putting his tux jacket on.

He paused when he saw me, one of those rare, completely filled with devotion expressions that would stun him for a couple of seconds. We'd been together for a while, but I hardly ever had to dress this fancy, so him seeing me like this was rare.

"That dress is going to look ravishing on the floor tonight." He smirked.

"I bet it will." I laughed.

"Alright, you ready for this?"

I breathed in deeply and nodded.

"Let's go."

***

Once we arrived, Nate took the kids to sit down while I was ushered to the bridal room to see Sienna. Once I walked in, I picked up my jaw and greeted her with a warm hug. The dress she was wearing was stunning. Lace, subtle mermaid, French buttons. Everything I loved. She was just simply beautiful.

"Wow."

"I know, right? Who knew a TV junkie like me could look this good?" She laughed.

"Damn, you compliment the girl once and she doesn't shut up." Ally mumbled sarcastically.

I chuckled and took a seat as her veil was attached to her hair. Everything about her was graceful and beautiful to the extent where she fit in with our family perfectly. Albeit, the first time I met her, she and Liam were having some troubles however once the boys had explained to me who she exactly was, I was thrilled for her.

"When am I walking down the aisle?"

"Fifteen minutes." Ally answered.

As a group, we decided that the bridal party was going to be small. Liam had Mike as his best man and Jace while Sienna had her mother and Ally as her maid of honours. We weren't going to have any kids walk down, because quite frankly, there were too many of them to choose from and it would be all over the place.

"I guess I better leave then. I'll see you walking down." I stood up and hugged her again as I walked out.

I was supposed to go and take my seat now, but I decided to head to the room where they were keeping the guys. I knocked on the door and Jace opened up for me. I saw Liam sitting next to Mike, both guys grinning. I realised as I stood there that it was just me and my three boys – who weren't so little anymore.

And in a weird instant of bubbling emotions, I began to cry.

The boys enveloped me in hugs straight away, knowing that I was due for a breakdown sooner or later. We didn't say anything to each other. We didn't talk about it often, but each of us could remember when we were struggling with money.

When I barely had money to put a roof over their heads, or to feed them.  When I couldn't even provide them with adequate conditions. When there were so many issues with our parents – especially the tragedy of Liam being taken away. Meeting Nate was a turning point for our family and his family and friends blessed us and we were lucky. But we could all very well remember the moments where going to the cinemas was like a trip to the Taj Mahal.

I wiped away my tears and congratulated Liam before I left the room. Now that my breakdown was over, and I knew it was over-over, I made my way to my seat. It was really amusing when I noticed how just Nate, myself and our kids required one whole row. We sat in the second row and as I took my seat, Nate shot me a knowing look.

"Did you cry yet?"

"Yeah."

"Thank God I wasn't there. It's so awkward when you cry in front of me. I just sit there, not knowing what to do."

I raised my brows disbelievingly just as Nate's father laughed from behind us.

"Come on, bitch. I know you just said that in hopes that I would hear and think you were some man or whatever. But we all know after thirteen years of being married to your beauty that you love and care for her."

Nate gritted his teeth together and rolled his eyes.

"F*ck you, dad."

"Right back at you, bitch." His father grinned.

I laughed at their exchange just as my brothers emerged from the room they had been in and stood in their places. The minister shushed the crowd as a soft ballad played while Ally and Sienna's mother walked down the aisle.

"All rise."

Everyone stood up and the bridal chorus began playing as Sienna walked down the aisle. Once she hit half way, I decided to turn around and look at Liam. He looked absolutely loved-up. I was in awe for their love and the way they found each other after such tragedies on both parties.

I listened with a grin and a firm arm around me as the minister spoke and Liam and Sienna talk when needed. Sienna's vows were filled with TV references and when Liam's turn to speak came, he spoke one word.

"Ditto."

I turned to Nate with a scowl.

"'Ditto?'" I mimiched. "My brother is such an asshole! She just went all out with movie references in her vows and he gives her one word? That's worse than you!" I whispered aggressively.

Nate smirked at my annoyance and pulled me closer towards him.

"Babe, we've seen Ghost together, right? Do you remember what Patrick Swayze replied when Demi Moore said she loved him?"

And then it dawned on me that my brother wasn't being an asshole, he was replying to her vows using a movie reference of his own. Well... that was sweet.

Within minutes, they were married, and my eyes watered again.

Nate kissed my cheek as he entwined our fingers.

"Please don't go crying on me, Rose. I don't want to hug you in front of my dad."

I laughed and looked pointedly at our hands.

"And that's not showing affection?" I questioned mockingly.

"That," He nudged towards our hands, "can be hidden. A hug is a hug."

"You do realise your dad hugs your mum all the time, right?" I laughed.

He paused – like a moment of epiphany cleared his mind.

"I am going to kill the bastard." He seethed.

I chuckled loudly and hugged his torso.

"See, I'm hugging you now. No harm done."

We – inevitably as parents – had to pull away from each other as Layla itched to be in her father's arms while Daniel and Andy were asking me whether they had permission from me to ask 'hot girls' out on dates.

Yep, definitely their father's sons.

Except Nate wouldn't have asked permission.  

Everyone made their way to the reception and as the kids divided themselves onto their allocated tables, Nate and I sat with Mike and his fiancé, Ally, Jace and his wife, Adam and Chloe and Chris and Cam.

Ally grinned at my brother as Liam and Sienna had their first dance.

"Mike, it's our turn next!" She beamed in excitement.

Mike smirked and wrapped a firm arm around her.

"Except our wedding will be ten times better. And when it's the vows, after you speak, I'll just nod my head in acknowledgement and not look like a pussy like Liam or Nate."

Nate cussed at him (of course) while the rest laughed at Ally's expression.

"On second thoughts, I don't mind waiting a little longer to marry you."

The DJ called up for couples to dance, and soon enough, our table was empty. Except for me and Nate. As always.

"I'm proud of you, Rose. You haven't cried much today."

I smiled and leaned my head against his shoulder.

"I'm just really happy for them."

He slid my chair over to be directly next to his as he fully wrapped his arm around my shoulder, pulling me towards him.

"I love you." He mumbled.

I smiled at the rare moment of his, when he would really, really mean it (because most of the time he'd just say it so I would cook for him).

"Where'd that come from?" I teased.

Surprisingly, he stood up and extended his hand. I gaped at him as he smirked. When I made no motion to move, he lifted me up and took me to the dance floor. And then we actually began to dance, slowly in rhythm.

"Rose, don't you ever look at your brothers and see what you did for them?" He murmured in question.

"What'd you mean?"

"You had no parents, Rose. Still don't. You're their mother and their father, and an older brother and sister and a friend, and everything. You were the only person for them, and you were struggling. I remember the apartment you used to live in, and the time you were homeless. Now look at you." He smiled down on me endearingly.

Nate really had a thing for being nostalgic at weddings. It was cute, but I never outright said it to him, or else we'd never converse like this again.

"I had no choice in the matter, really. But Nate, you can't seriously believe that we would be in this position if it weren't for you. I mean, do you realise what you did for us? You and your family opened up a place for us to live. To live. Do you know what that even means?"

"Well, I was mostly just trying to get into your pants, but whatever." He smirked, that Sanders grin.

I laughed, my head tilting back the slightest as I rolled my eyes at him.

"You knew you were waiting until marriage, so don't try to wimp your way out of this one."

He chuckled as he pressed his lips against my temple.

"Okay, you got me, I actually do love you." I grinned at him as his gaze shifted off towards Liam and Sienna, with Mike close by with Ally. "And despite the way I interact with your brothers, they essentially made me a better person. Before you, I had no care in the world about everything. But then you came along with all your problems and suddenly I had so much responsibility."

"God," I scowled, "you make me sound like I was such a burden!"

He laughed at my facial expression and pecked my lips.

"More like a saviour, babe. I had purpose in life."

"You're being awfully honest today."

"Yeah, well, I can't help it, okay? I just realised what you and I helped build. Look at our kids, Rose. Just look. Okay so Daniel and Andy are f*cking amazing because they are essentially me in the making. And then Isaac, Arielle and Savannah not only look like you, but just listen to their intellectual conversations and I can't even f*cking keep up with them. And then Damon and Flynn f*cking kill my life having to play sport with them every day but I wouldn't have it any other way. And Layla, another replicant of you. Eight kids, Rose. Eight. Never in my life did I even want kids until I met you. And our ever growing extended family. Just take a look."

I could hear everything Nate was saying, and it confused me to no end. Because in the sixteen years that I had known him, he had never been this honest with me. In letting me know that he appreciated everything and reflecting on what we had been through.

"Nate where is this coming from?"

He hesitated for a few seconds, avoiding me gaze. And that's when I realised he wasn't being honest for no reason, there was something on his mind.

"Nate?"

"I visited your dad in prison yesterday."

What?

"What?"

"It was just a couple of minutes. I was driving by and I decided that I wanted to go and gloat to him. About everything. He was the reason for the worst days of my life and I just couldn't not tell him. I told him that you and I were married with eight kids. That Jace married. That Liam's wedding was coming up and so was Mike's. That we were all successful with our careers and our kids. And how we were f*cking proper parents, unlike the bastard he was to you."

It came at a shock that Nate would actually go and speak to my estranged father. I hadn't even thought of him in years, so to know that Nate, till this very day, was still angry about something that happened sixteen years ago was astounding.

"Rose, he almost took you from me and I realised that if he had succeeded, everything going on today wouldn't have existed."

"Wow."

"Damn right, wow. I practically memorised everything I just said to you. Don't tell my father."

"Too late, I heard everything bitch." Hayden laughed, appearing next to Nate and I with Melanie.

"Oh f*cking hell!"

Hayden chuckled and swung away, just as I noticed that even my kids had started to dance with partners. Nate and I watched them gleefully as the rest of the dance floor was lit with my favourite couples.

And as Nate and I continued roaming the dance floor, we were enraptured in an iconic moment of complete awe and perfection.

----------------------

Author's Note:

Hey guys xD I miss this so much!

Maybe you don't but that doesn't really bother me. So, yes, I ended up updating a COMPLETED story rather than Always and Forever. I'm insane.

Photo is of Sienna's wedding dress <3 gorgeous, isn't it?

I hope you enjoyed this little bonus. This is in honour of getting over 1000 comments on this story (which happened a while back but I just recently noticed).

Okay, that's enough of my blabber.

Vote, comment, follow.

Farewell xx

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

12.6K 713 36
Falquen's Nest - These Bones Rock Star Romance (Book One) In this classic tale of opposites attract, we meet Janie Drago and Falquen Forrester. Falq...
400K 14.3K 28
21 year old River Jacobs has hit a dead end. She dropped out of college and heads back to her hometown. A town she swore she'd never return. Colton...
8K 336 22
Lauren and Josh are drawn to each other, unexplainably. All they want is to be together, however, they must keep their feelings for each other a secr...
29.5K 1.1K 36
*COMPLETE* Sebastian and Heaven love each other. After a terrible accident and Heaven is thought to be dead, Sebastian leaves. Two years later he ret...