Goalie // Sidney Crosby

By alittlebitbias

Emerson Rousseau was going to be the second woman to play in the NHL since the 90's. After her four required... More

The Beginning
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two

Thirty

4.3K 72 6
By alittlebitbias

The Penguins were going to be taking on the Blue Jackets, and it was just minutes from puck drop. Games against Columbus would either be uneventful or the exact opposite, especially with Sid and Dubinsky in the same rink. Sid was always a seemingly calm guy, always taking any shit thrown at him. Mainly it was against the Flyers when he would lose it- but certain guys (like Dubinsky) really knew how to get a rise out of him.

Emerson was in the crease as she watched Geno heading over to the refs to do the face off. Her eyes flicked over to the bench where Sidney sat with a stern and focused face. She wished she knew about what he was thinking during games, imagine getting to know what was going through The Crosby's head.. During a game Emerson always wanted to impress him and all her other teammates- living up to any expectations her boyfriend had was important to her.

It was barely into the 3rd period, when Dubinsky muttered something off to the side of Emerson. Emerson had just scooped up the puck so there was a stoppage of time-

"Pretty little ass isn't doing too hot right now, huh?" Emerson grimaced as she clearly saw the Blue Jacket wink her way.

Dubinsky had heard some of the rumors regarding the Penguins goalie and Captain. No one cared to make a deal about it, especially him as a married man. However, he knew he could use this knowledge not many knew to his advantage. He'd take another way to piss off Sidney Crosby any day.

5 minutes later..

The game was now tied up as Atkinson scored, and Dubinsky had an assist. Emerson felt beyond frustrated, feeling a pent up anger she hadn't felt since college. There wasn't even anything she could do right now- especially with Dubinsky chirping in her ear constantly.

It was right after they scored on her, Dubinsky skated over and nudged, "You're here for eye candy hun. That's about it. Just ask your good ol' Captain."

This wasn't the first time she had been chirped since coming to the nhl. It didn't bother her as down in college most of those guys would say some pretty sexual things. But someone bringing up Sidney to her made her unnerved and uncomfortable. Thankfully, if you could consider that, Sidney was close by, overheard some of the comments and was right in the rivals face. Her heart lurched watching Sid get involved.. it would bring suspicion she thought, but then again any of the guys would have helped too.

It wasn't unusual for Dubinsky and Sid to have tussles, but for Sid to start it- everyone was now on their feet. The refs were standing by as the two men started throwing down the gloves and then fists, helmets barely staying on as they struggled for balance. All other players were checking each other so no one else would get involved, cheers were erupting in the arena and from the benches.

Emerson was shocked by what she was watching. But at the same time she was trying to wipe a grin off her lips, cheeks red, almost swelling with some type of emotion that Sidney was actually fighting someone- technically for her. Except. Him fighting scared her and probably every Pittsburgh fan out there as his history with concussions was terrifying.

The fight was coming to an end as Dubinsky tumbled down with Sid on top. Sid was holding the collar to Brandon's jersey and it was clear to anyone on the ice or watching up close that he was saying something. And what was being said, Emerson wasn't sure if she wanted to know.

The refs were trying to pull Sid away but he was being difficult. And then for whatever reason, Sidney was being ejected. Sullivan was yelling from the bench, the crowd booing.

Emerson could clearly see the anger in Sidney's eyes, his hair messy, and some blood trickling down from his lip. He was frustrated by Dubinsky and even more frustrated he couldn't have been given a penalty rather than completely out of the game.

***

Emerson trudged into the locker room starting to take off all of her gear. They won in OT thanks to Phil. There had been so many close calls at the end of the game, she wasn't sure how she pulled herself together. All of her thoughts were on Sidney.

Everyone was into their post game clothes, and done with the media. Sullivan didn't seem happy as everyone sat at their places and his eyes ran over the room.

"We looked sloppy by the end. We have a game tomorrow in St. Louis and we won't be looking like how we did tonight." he sighed. "and Sidney?" everyone grew tense, it was rare for their Captain to be called out like this, "don't do that again. I get Dubinsky is an agitator and was getting up in Rousseau, but there was no need to put yourself in danger."

The locker room went silent. Sidney had a hard look on his face, he didn't regret his actions. If put in that situation again he'd do the same thing.

All the guys in the room who knew about Sidney and Emerson's relationship knew why he got involved. There was no way he would have been able to stay out of it, he cared about his girl too much.

And an issue no one wanted to figure out was if Emerson could actually get into a "fight" or handle herself in a heated situation. Emerson knew she could, at least at the college level she could.. but at the nhl level it was never a topic of conversation that game up-

Until now.

"Emerson, can I talk to you?" Mike Sullivan's tone of voice was much softer than before. Yet it still made her chest become tight and anxiety start to rise. She knew all eyes would be on her, including Sidney's, as she followed behind the head coach.

The first thing she thought of was her relationship with the world's best hockey player. She felt an unnecessary feeling of fear nagging her, Emerson wasn't doing well trying to put those thoughts away either. The felt to Sullivan's office felt like she was walking a marathon. She hadn't been called into his office under terms like these before- even though she had no idea what this talk was about.

Stepping inside Sullivan's office Emerson stood there awkwardly unsure of what to do. Pens gear and memorabilia obviously adorned the room, along with other pictures. She had been in here multiple times before but this felt different.

"You can take a seat Ems. This won't take long though." She nodded following his command, "I'll start out saying this has nothing to do with how you've been doing, you really are playing great." Mike gave her a comforting smile, "but today's game brought my attention to the fact we've never talked about you in... certain situations."

Emerson felt a huge weight being lifted off of her chest.

"Well, basically I've had some conversations with some players and other management and we don't think you should engage with anyone in any way. This isn't college."

"I understand that. I don't want to risk anything."

"I'm glad we're on the same page. So, even if it seems like you need to involve yourself or- anything really. Don't."

"I won't." it was clear that the coach didn't want to come out and bring up that as a girl she couldn't handle herself in the league of men.. but she knew the size differences and the strength was the reason behind all this. She understood that perfectly, any woman would have to, it wasn't sexist if that's what Sullivan was trying to avoid.

"Thank you. We'll be putting Fleury in tomorrow but get some rest."

"You too Coach, see you." That conversation went a lot better than the goalie was expecting. But still there was a sense of hurt in her, whether it was with her pride or not. Emerson always had this sort of.. dream, of one day getting into a fight, and of course winning. Then again everyone else did too at one point.

Right away Emerson hurried out of the office and into the hall. It was late and they'd be leaving for St. Louis soon and she needed to sleep. Back in the locker room all the guys had basically left, only a few remained. Sidney being one of them. He was absorbed in a conversation with Phil, but his eyes were planted on her as she walked over to grab her bag.

There was still a feeling of anger left with Emerson towards Sidney, though some admiration was there too. But regardless she didn't want to talk to him or anyone as of right now. She was exhausted emotionally and physically and just wanted to be in her bed.

***

"Ems." Sidney called after the younger girl as she was walking out towards her car. He was worried as she wasn't attempting to stop to talk to him.

It only took a few more seconds for him to catch up to her. He grabbed her arm and tugged her back.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, just really tired."

"What did Mike want to talk about?"

"Nothing really." Emerson sighed as she rubbed her eyes; still in front of him. She moved closer placing her head against his chest, "it's no big deal really."

In return Sidney wrapped both of his arms around her, and placed a kiss on the top of her head, "what was it about?" he asked again, this time is voice softer than before.

"Just me not getting involved in any fights or altercations basically."

"Yeah that's probably for the best."

The two weren't separating, staying in each other's embrace. Emerson loved being wrapped up in his strong arms and feeling the warmth he gave off as she had squished herself against him..

"Personally I think I should try pissing off Chara and see what happens-"

Sid started chuckling, "I think Mike would actually lose it on the bench.."

"I don't know, he always seems pissed off during games."

"The man would probably have a heat attack right then and there..."

"Oh definitely."

Emerson wanted to bring up his fight but as Sidney linked their hands together and pulled her right outside the arena, she felt that it wouldn't be appropriate. The air was cold as they walked out to their cars, the only sense of warmth being their hands linked together.

The night sky was a black, barely any stars present, and gray clouds circling. The early February temperatures were frigid, especially with it being past 11 pm.

"I'll see you tomorrow on the plane then." Sidney was standing in front of his girlfriend at the passenger door of her car.

"Yep.." the two met for a quick kiss. Emerson sighed afterwords; feeling the cut on his lower lip. Without realizing her actions, she hovered her fingers over the cut, reaching up. "You didn't have to fight him.." her voice was quiet compared to the sounds of the city in the background.

"I know that."

"Then why did you?"

"Why not? I was already frustrated and hearing him chirp you I- I just reacted."

She nodded in content hearing his answer. She knew that was probably the best explanation she was going to get out of him. "I get it."

"Good." Sid took Emerson's car keys from her shaking hand. He unlocked it and then started the car since it didn't seem like she as planning on moving anytime soon, "get going so you can get some sleep."

Before the older man could start heading towards his car, Emerson threw herself back into his arms. The cold wind felt no more as she was back against him. Sidney couldn't bring himself to leave just yet, but it was late.. and cold.

***

AUTHOR'S NOTE: so obviously i know none of this happened in the actual game but oh well... also CH 30? wow this is lit

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.5K 171 32
She just wanted to see is the Devils play for the first time. Camille Gale was finally given the opportunity to see her home team play she was always...
142K 2.2K 72
When a new girl joins the Penguins medical team she's not what anyone would have expected, especially not superstar Sidney Crosby. Also posted on AO3...
393K 6.1K 54
one rookie. one girl. one goal &&& A particularly rough play sends upcoming hockey star Tyler Dewalt crashing through the glass. Disorientated, the f...
13.4K 486 19
Everyone always talks about what it's like to be the girlfriend, but I'm not her. Finished 2016.