As The Ape Years Go By

By Szarinasumalpong

A series of one shots and stories evolving around the ever growing ape family and the dream of finally having... More

Family Bonding
Possessive Males
Life
Memory
Humans?
One Last Kiss
To See You Again
Character Info
The Peace Generation
History Repeat

Human Friend

464 11 3
By Szarinasumalpong

Many years have passes and a new generation of apes grew in the colony though the bloodline of Caesar never faded as his descendants became the Ape King or Queen of the colony.

"Why do we have to listen to this anyways?!"

A young ape at the age of 8 signed to his best friends while the others listened in wrapped attention to the History of the Liberation of the Apes.

"If you don't want to listen Sorin then don't"

Vara, a young female ape one year younger than him signed back in annoyance before turning back to their old mentor, Kiara.

Sorin, the grandson of Dale and descendant of Nova and Cornelius was a rebellious type of ape that didn't want any ape to baby him.

When he came to the world, Nova (Now too old to even move too much) first thought that he had Kira's wild streak which Cornelius quickly denied. Who could ever match Kira's unpredictable wild streak?

Vara was a female ape and descendant of Rocket and Tinker. She had heard stories of them and would have wanted to meet them in person if they hadn't died of old age. She was to be the next Ape Commanding Leader of the Ape Army.

Next to her was Sorin's younger cousin, Lixus. He had an adventurous and rebellious streak in his genes that his parents say it had come from his great grandmother, Kira. He was the son of Kiara and Allen.

Sorin grumbled as he crossed his legs and began to stretch his arms and yawned. Kiara spotted her misbehaving nephew and as old as she is, she still has her tongue lash "Sorin, you better listen over here young ape. I may be old but I still know how to deal with you!" As if being struck in the back, Sorin straightened up.

Vara held back a laugh and Lixus looked away to hide his sigh of embarrassment for his older cousin. Sorin huffed as he listened to Kiara of the liberation of the apes. He really didn't know why it was so important so what if that happened it was all in the past!

Sorin yawned again which earned a jab from Vara and a small glare from Lixus. He shrugged and waited as time passes before everyone was dismissed from the Ape School.

"Finally..."

Sorin hooted as he walked beside his cousin. A few female apes around their age gave them flirtatious looks and the boys were quick to look away.

"I wonder how Grandmama Kira manage to ward off these females"

Lixus hooted, looking at the direction of the females with a slight cringe. Sorin sighed and signed to him.

"When the ape of your dreams manage to tell the others off that you are hers and she is yours"

Lixus nodded. He knew his older cousin wasn't too fond of girls looking at his way and basically thinks that they are nothing.

"Someday soon you will have to find yourself a mate if you want to become the Ape King after your father"

Lixus signed and Sorin snorted in reply before hooting "I would rather go hunt myself a bear than spend time with the females" Lixus shook his head in annoyance.

Vara jogged up to them with a wide smile "How about we go get some berries" Lixus raised a brow at what Vara had suggested.

"I am pretty sure our parents gave us strict rules not to venture out of the Gates"

Sorin waved his cousin away and turned to Vara "Lead the way" The younger cousin could only watch Sorin as he and Vara venture out of the Gates.

For some reason, he had a bad feeling.

***

Sorin and Vara had gone off to Kira's Garden to grab the food they want before the sun goes down it.

Sorin had always loved to eat the red ones which were Grandmama Kira's favorite before she died.

"Don't take too many Sorin, I don't want mother and father know that we are stealing from Queen Ape Kira's Garden"

Vara hooted and Sorin merely gave a short hoot before walking back from where they came from when Vara began to notice the uneven earth beneath her feet.

Before she could even warn Sorin, the Ape Prince was suddenly feeling pain in his leg when he found out he got caught in a human trap.

A shriek of pain and horror made Vara drop the berries and ran to her friend's aid. She knew these traps were from the Two Legged Creatures and she gave a small growl at how deep the trap had caught hold of his leg.

"I am gonna call for help!"

Before Sorin could protest, Vara was already running to the direction of home and Sorin had to endure the pain of waiting and the sun was already setting.

A whimper escaped his lips and he hoped that Vara would come back with help soon.

***

Somewhere not far from the forest, a small village of humans stood. They're grandfathers and grandmothers had no part of the war and in an effort to avoid the destruction of human kind, the natives had fled to the forest.

A young girl in her childhood age of 6 had been gathering berries from a nearby bush when she felt a cold sensation wash over her back.

She hastily looked around with the growing sense that someone was watching her.

Just as she scanned the area, the girl noticed a woman standing on top of a rock with a pained look on her face.

The woman wore clothings that had been obviously woven by leaves and flowers. On top her head was a crown of white flowers and nestling on her neck was a necklace full of animal teeth.

Her posture was straight and almost regal as if she was a Queen.

The little girl didn't know what to make of the woman. Something about her seemed...unearthly.

"Hello!"

The girl finally worked up the courage to call out and the woman whipped her head to stare at the girl head on.

The little girl gasped as Jade Green eyes assessed her before turning away and disappeared into the deepest parts of the forest.

"Wait!, you cannot go there. Chieftain says it's forbidden!"

The young girl called out as she ran after the woman but it seemed like she disappeared without a trace.

The girl then realized she heard whimpering and sharp intakes of breaths and she was surprised to see an ape.

She had often heard stories about them from her grandparents and she never expected to meet one.

The girl suddenly realized the poor animal was caught in what appears to be a trap made from the old humans when they used that to capture apes.

Sorin heard the soft footsteps of a human and hissed in warning while the little girl held up her hands as a sign she was harmless.

Sorin tensed up as she walked up to him and grasped the edges of the thing that caught him.

The little girl pulled with all her might as the trap gave way and Sorin scrambled to his feet and away from the girl.

The girl watched in awe as Sorin stood a few inches away from her and she smiled when he looked over her with a small glare.

Sorin didn't know what to do with this human. All he knew was that humans were not to be trusted with the exception of grandmother Kira and Nova.

He felt a cold chill wash over him and his eyes widened to see a ghostly figure just beside the unsuspecting girl.

The figure gave Sorin a small smile before looking at the girl and patting her head as if to say thank you.

The little girl was surprised when the ape suddenly gave her freshly picked berries and smiled a thank you before she heard dozens of hooting from behind him.

She was suddenly nudged back from where she came from by the ape and she gave him one last look before she quickly ran back to where she was. Not liking the fact that she would have to leave him behind.

But his family is with him

***

Her parents were glad that she was back for they have been beginning to notice her absence.

"Where were you?"

Her mother asked and just as she was about to answer. A small chill went up her spine followed by a whispering "Shh..." from her ear.

"I was just out picking some berries"

The little girl said, showing her family what she brought. Her family fussed over her but her gaze was directed to the border of the forest where the same woman she saw earlier stood.

When her family wasn't looking, the girl smiled and waved at her. Once her gaze was elsewhere for a few seconds and turned her attention back to the woman.

She was gone.

It was if she was never even there.

***

Caesar didn't know what to think when his grandson brought in Sorin and the former Ape King looked at him before questioning him where he had been.

"I got sidetracked Grandfather Caesar"

Sorin replied as he stared at Sorin hard for any lies the boy was saying. He nearly choked when he saw what reflected in the boy's eyes.

He was holding the same look when he first met Kira.

Caesar winced as the old memory of his wife surfaced in his tired mind.

"Very well, you may go back to your nest"

Sorin nodded before placing his forehead on his grandfather before walking off with a slight limp from his injured foot.

Caesar clutched the animal beads of his wife before settling down on his nest.

Many of his generation had died already and the only ones living are him, Nova and his two sons who are with their sons to train the upcoming generation of apes.

Caesar smiled, his tired eyes looming up at the ceiling.

"Goodnight Kira...my love"

Caesar closed his eyes and fell asleep instantly not knowing of the figure beside him as she leaned down and gave him a kiss.

"Sleep well my husband"

And the figure vanished as the moon shone down on his nest.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

303K 6.3K 36
A girl is sent up to the dam to work on it when she has a run in with death, only to be saved by none other than an ape. When her camp is destroyed...
28.9K 1.1K 39
"The rain grew colder, the canopy enamoured and blushing even deeper shades of auburn and gold. The tension was growing and the entirety of the large...
144K 2.7K 16
This story is about a girl that goes into the movie of Dawn of the Planet of the Apes with her little brothers Andy and Luther. She meets Caesar and...
52.6K 1.6K 27
Maurice secretly cares for an injured human woman, and a strong friendship develops. Will his new friend be revealed to the Ape colony, and what will...