my muse - d. swing

By LANISREIGNS

It's the summer of 1991 and Diana moves to New York City to live with her Uncle Andre Harrell of Uptown Recor... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifthteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
Author's Note

twenty-six

1.6K 61 60
By LANISREIGNS

April 18th, 1993

Months later and now I'm seven months pregnant. I'm getting hella big man. I'm mostly just glad that everything is going smooth and I'm not stressing myself over it. Plus, Devante is by my side so I'm fine.

Today is my baby shower and everyone is coming. My family and friends are coming from Baltimore for this, including Gina. I don't know what the gender of my baby is yet so we've been saving it for today. So shii, if people bring the wrong stuff, I can save it for the next. Knowing me and Devante... we'll probably have another one.

"Is everything set up?" I asked.

"Yeah, Mary's cooking and Auntie Clarissa is getting the balloons" Madison told me.

"And the other Mary is at the doctors getting my gender right?" I wondered.

"Yeah and when she find out, she gonna get the blue or pink velvet cake" she said.

"Ok good" I said.

"Girl relax, everything gonna be good" she told me.

"Yeah... you right" I smiled.

"Don't worry suga, today will be great for you!" Mary (Devante's mom) called out from the kitchen.

I nodded and hoped it went good.

later on

People were arriving to the shower now. Showering me with love, talking about the baby, rubbing my stomach, and gushing about how excited they were. Right now, my mom was telling everyone how she reacted when she found out I was pregnant.

"I almost had a whole stroke y'all! Like Ralph nearly broke his leg and I choked on my tea when she told us!" Mom told everyone.

"Well damn Diana, what did you say?" My cousin asked.

"All I said was mom, dad, I'm pregnant. That's all. It's not like I was pregnant and didn't know who the father was" I laughed.

"Speaking of father... how's you and your little boy toy Devante?" Auntie Clarissa wondered.

"Oh, us" I blushed.

Everyone started to ooh and ahh as I blushed.

"I don't blame you, Devante is so fine" one of my cousin's niece blurted out.

Everyone gave her a look. Her momma look like she was gonna pop her in the mouth.

"What? He is" she said as she ate something.

"Girl, you like 14, stop" I giggled.

"Ok, and you were barely legal when you got with him" she shot back.

"I was legal though" I said.

"Two months legal, you weren't even halfway or close" she said.

"Little girl getting brave" I said in my head.

Bitch

I let out a fake laugh as it was awkward silence.

"Anyways..." I started. "We good, we good. In a better state than we once were but we good".

"Great, they coming right" Auntie asked.

"Yeah, later though" I said.

"Alright y'all, food's ready!" Mary called out.

I rushed right into the kitchen to get my food. Even though I had some fries earlier, a bitch- I mean the baby was hungry. I had that good south shit but double.

"Ugh, I could go for some dijon mustard on the cornbread" I said.

"What? That's nasty girl" Gina said.

"Well the baby wants it" I said back. "Let a bitch live damn".

"Ugh, I don't know how Devante deals with your moody ass. I could never" Gina said.

"And I don't know how your man deals with your stank breath but you know-" I shot back.

"See, you lucky yo ass pregnant cause I would've definitely caught you in the streets" she joked.

I rolled my eyes at her and laughed as I continued to eat my food.

moments later

We continued to talk and have a good time until I heard a knock at the door.

"I'll get it!" Madison called out as she went to the door.

Here comes Mary and the guys, they came in with gifts and the cake.

"Hey y'all!" Mary (Mary J) called out.

Everyone waved at them as they walked in.

"Wassup y'all" Dalvin said.

"Aw y'all came with gifts!" I said at the guys.

"No hello Diana, damn shady much" K-Ci said.

"Man ain't nobody shady" I laughed. "Where's my baby?".

"Right here babe" I heard a voice say.

Devante walked in the door. I was happy to see him.

"Hi babyyy" I said as I made an effort to get up.

I walked over to him and I kissed him. Everyone was looking at us.

".... yes" I said as everyone started laughing.

"Man, y'all something else" Mary (Devante's mom) said.

"Where were you?" I asked De.

"Handling some things... I have a surprise for you though" he said.

"Surprise?!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah, I think you'll be happy" he smirked.

He moved out of the way and someone walked through the door. It was Raymond. I haven't seen him since my birthday last year. I missed him and I thought our friendship was strained.

"RAY RAYYYY!" I exclaimed.

I went over to him and hugged him. He hugged me back. I was so happy to see him.

"Wassup Diana suga" he said in his cute DMV "accent".

"I'm so happy you're here" I smiled.

"I wasn't gonna miss this for the world" he said.

"Aww my faves!" Gina exclaimed.

Raymond came in and we sat down. De also sat down, I hope this was gonna go good.

at the table

"So Ray, how did you get here?" I asked.

"I flew here this morning, I heard about the baby shower and I had to come" he said.

"Did Gina tell you? We kinda stopped talking after last year" I said.

"Well Diana, to be honest with you... Devante actually reached out to me" he admitted.

"Oh really?" I wondered while looking at him.

"Yeah, somehow, he found my number and called me. I was pretty reluctant about it cause of what happened between us but I finally answered in case something happened to you. Well for one, he told me you were pregnant. I didn't even know which really meant that we really didn't speak after last year. Then, he told me that your baby shower was coming up. I didn't wanna go at first cause he was gonna be there but I only came cause of you. So I came this morning, Devante picked me up from the airport and I stayed at a hotel. And now I'm here" he explained.

"Wow De, you really did all of this?" I said.

"Well yeah, what really caused us to fall apart was the whole fight with me and Raymond. I know that you felt bad about the whole situation and you would talk about how much you missed him so I decided to be a man and reach out to him. Also apologize for what happened" he told me.

I grabbed De's hand and smiled.

"I appreciate you"

"I really missed you Diana, we faded so much B..." Raymond said.

"I'm just glad you're here, I missed you too" I told him.

"And Devante, thank you for inviting me here man, I appreciate it" he told him.

"Yeah, sorry about everything that happened. I was acting like a fool, I also faded you and Diana's friendship, I had to make amends" he said.

"I'm glad" Raymond said to De as they shaked hands.

Then, Gina walked over to us and started clapping and fake crying. Headass.

"Girl if you don't move" I laughed.

"I'm just glad that everything cool now, now the trio is back in effect" Gina gushed.

"Yup, the three amigos!" Raymond added.

"Always and forever" I smiled.

moments later

Now it was time for cake and the gender reveal. I was excited, even more since Raymond was here and everything was resolved.

"Alright y'all ready?!" De called out.

They brought the cake over and it looked good. It had white frosting and it said "Congratulations on the baby! It's a....". I grabbed the knife to cut the cake. I cut a slice of cake and looked at the velvet color. It was blue.

"We're having a boy!" I announced.

Everyone started cheering. Devante started to hug me from the back and he kissed my cheek. I grabbed the frosting and smeared it on his nose.

"Awww" I giggled.

Then he took some frosting and smeared it on me. I started giggling and I kissed him. Today was amazing, I can't wait to have this baby.

A/N: hope you guys liked it! are y'all excited to see Diana and Devante as parents? stay tuned ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.9K 625 49
THIS IS BOOK 2! The first book is Come & Talk to Me: A DeVanté Swing Fanfiction, so READ IT FIRST to understand THIS book and each character better...
70.8K 3.4K 54
[if you haven't read Hazel don't click on this story until you have] This is a continuation of the love story of Nyla-Janae Jones and DeVante Swing...
37.6K 1.8K 43
"Can you hold me down?" Devante From the luxury of producing some of the hottest tracks in the R&B genre, to living out his rockstar dream, young...
87.9K 3.9K 52
E.X.I.T 22, a very successful multi-platinum 4 member girl group gets dropped from their label Interscope Records due to constant fighting , and alte...