twenty-seven

June 16th, 1993

"I'm so ready for this baby to come!" I groaned.

Now I'm nine months. This baby could be coming any day now. I'm ready for it now. We've been having all these contractions and nothing has happened.

"Baby you good?" De asked.

"Yeah, I'm just ready for this little man to get out!" I said.

"He should be coming anytime now, I'm excited. Our nursery and shit is all ready. I'm gonna teach him all my stuff" he smiled.

"Teach him to make great music" I said.

"You know me baby" he said.

I laid down on the bed and started to doze off. I was just dreaming about what life was gonna be like with this baby. It was all happening so fast.

an hour later

I woke up to a big pain in my stomach. Shit hurt so bad. I was making an effort to get out of bed and when I got up, I felt this loose feeling in my stomach.

"DEVANTE!" I shouted.

De ran over to me.

"What happened?!" he asked.

"My water just broke"

He came over to me and grabbed me and we rushed to the car. I sat down and I was holding my stomach as we were frantically trying to get to the hospital.

"Oh my God!" I said.

"Baby we on the way, relax" he told me.

"Nigga how can I relax?! I'm bout to have a baby!" I exclaimed. "Page Madison and then!".

Devante grabbed his pager and did that. I was still sitting here in pain. I was really about to have this baby.

moments later

We arrived at the hospital. Everyone was already there awaiting.

"Diana!" Madison called out.

"You really bout to have this baby?!" Dalvin exclaimed.

"No shit Sherlock" I said.

"Take it easy B" K-Ci added.

"Nigga she's about to go in labor, what do you expect" De shot back.

"Can y'all all hush and get me a damn room!" I exclaimed while contracting.

De went up to the desk to get someone to assign a room for me. The doctors were coming out to get me to the room.

"UGH!" I yelled out in pain.

"Ok ma'am who do you want in there with you?" the doctor asked me.

"My boyfriend, no shit!" I exclaimed.

"Sorry Doc, she's very moody" De told him.

"No I'm not asshole! I'm in fucking pain! Come on now fatass!" I shouted.

They rushed me to the emergency room and put me in my medical stuff. Devante was prepared.

"You ready?" he asked me.

He held my hand and I started going into labor. I was screaming and in so much pain.

"Come on baby!" he exclaimed. "You got it!".

"AHH!" I screamed.

I was in labor for like 2 hours. But finally, he was here. At 7:43PM, our little boy was born.

"Oh my God" I sighed as they handed me the baby.

"Hi baby" I soothed.

"My little boy" De smiled.

after the birth

The doctors allowed everyone else to come in. They were so happy to see us and the baby. I was holding him.

"Oh my God, he's such an angel!" Mary gushed.

"Look at my lil nephew!" Dalvin said.

"What's his name?" Jojo asked.

"We gonna name him Deshon, Deshon Michael DeGrate" I told everyone.

"That's cute" Mary said.

"Wayment, that baby a Gemini.... y'all lucky he just a baby, wait til he get older. His attitude gonna be on one" Madison said.

"I'm a Gemini, what you mean?" Jojo said giving Madison a look.

"Bitch, you aren't a Gemini and your attitude on one too, don't talk about my son" I told her.

"Diana you ain't gonna do shit" she laughed. "But on the real, I'm proud of you. Y'all gonna make good parents, and imma make a great older cousin".

"Good, you and Dalvin can babysit for us then" Devante told them.

"Now wait a minute bro, I ain't say all of that" Dalvin laughed.

"Ugh I'm getting baby fever now" Mary said.

"Girl...." K-Ci said.

"Cedric, shut yo ass up. I will have yo kids if I wanted to" Mary shot back.

"You a trip Mary" he laughed.

"Alright enough of y'all nonsense, focus on me and my child please!" I said.

"Right, look at my son" De added.

Everyone was looking at the baby, admiring it and all.

"Hey, if he wanna know how to sing, especially for the ladies, send him my way" K-Ci said.

"Send him my way y'all, K-Ci gonna teach him what NOT to do to sing to a lady" Jojo said.

"Nigga shut up! Damn!" K-Ci exclaimed.

"Aye don't be cursing in front of my son" Devante said.

"We proud though De, real stuff" Jojo said.

"Yeah and send him my way if you want him to know how to dress so fly like his uncle" Dalvin smiled.

"Man y'all aggy" I laughed. "I'm just that happy that he's here".

"Yes, we gonna do a great job baby" De said.

"I'm grateful for this, and I'm even more thankful that you were here for me. I love you De" I told him.

"I love you more" he said as we kissed.

Our baby was finally born. It's like everything came full circle. In a good way.

Deshon Michael DeGrate June 16th, 1993 7 oz

June 16th, 1993
7 oz.
7:43 PM

A/N: the baby is born 😍 hope y'all enjoyed this chapter 😭 much love ❤️