Legacy

By HollyMccarthy

What would you do if you found out you had magical powers? And not just any magical powers the most dangerous... More

Here at HQ
Memory Games
The test
The Prophecy
Afraid of the unknown
Lock Down
Mission Impossible
The Sacrifice
The Chant Of The Gods
Calling Our Savior
The Facts And Fictions Of It All
One Surprise After Another
A Years Worth
Boss
Do our choices define us?
Is it better to ask permission than beg for forgiveness?
Mind Tricks
Revenge Is Best Served Cold
The Devil's Kiss
Doctors Visit (1)
Doctors Visit (2)
Doctors Visit (3)
Hercules
Mine
Edgar's Puppet
3 Romeo's, 1 Juliet
Caspar The Ghost
Let The Battle Commence
Brandon/Edgar's POV
All's Fair In Love And War
Epoligue

Trust is a funny thing

3.4K 135 13
By HollyMccarthy

I'm in a deep sleep, i don't think I've ever slept this well in my life. I don't want to wake up i know what ill have to face. I cant help but think my results for which group ill be in wont be good. I have so many questions but i don't know where to start. I f I'm gonna die i want to to at-least why.

Why is this battle even happening?What happens to the people that are in the other 7 groups after the battle? What happens if we lose the battle? And most importantly who are we battling against? And how much power does this person have. The only clue is that its a guy. and maybe another clue is that Judith may know him.

I reluctantly open my eyes. In my room there is a digital clock,which says 7:10, a twin sized bed, and across from that there is a mirror with a dresser for my clothes and a tiny bathroom. I Put on some clothes that Judith gave to me. A red spaghetti tank top, with a black leather jacket, black leggings that stop at the knee and black and red sneakers. I put my hair into a high ponytail so it wont mess me up when I'm doing my test. 

I already know i can move things with my mind, that's telekinesis i can heal, god only knows what that qualifies for, and by Judith's reaction it wasn't normal. Then again moving things with your mind is normal. Maybe I'm just over thing this, whats the worse that can happen.

You could just die for nothing or die in a battle. 

Don't you hate the voice in the back of your head. I do.

I walk out the room and realize i have know idea where i'm going, know one gave the tour there's just 2 long hallways.

So i decide to take my chances and go down the right hallway. I keep walking down the hallway, and there is alot of rooms. Its like everyone in the world is on just this side little own the other one.

I don't know if its possible but i think I'm lost in a hallway. I turn around to see where i am then suddenly i hear voices then I'm on the floor.

I look and i see the guy that id seen on my first day here. He again was shirtless.

I'm not complaining. I think to myself.

He helps me to my feet and our bodies are so close, there barley an inch between us.

"Hi" He says staring right into my eyes,his eyes are kind of like mine.

"Hi" I say back. Seriously that's all i can say? I've took french and Spanish classes and hi is all i can say back.

There's just silence between us, staring in to each others eye then before i know it he's leaning in and so am i our lips brushed then the door opens again which separates me and.... whats is name?

I feel like i know him, but i don't.

What if Judith didn't give me back all of my memory's. 

Could i trust Judith? Derek said i could.

Derek.

God i was just about to kiss a guy whose name i don't know at least i knew Derek's, when i was about to kiss him. I've been here what a day and a half and two guys are already trying to kiss me.

This was going to be interesting.

"Woah, Whats going on here?" Some guy asks

"I-I trying to find the elevator I'm late for my test or result group thing its um....."

"Your new?" The guy i was about to kiss asked

"Yeah, I'm Kayla Hayes."

"Brandon." He said with a grin

"And I'm Adam!!!" The other guy yells.

"Yeah this is my roommate, Adam."

Roommate? Why does he have a roommate and i don't?

"So you have your test today?"

"Please tell me its easy." I ask Brandon laughs

"Whats so funny?" I ask annoyed

"No its not like like that, you get fitted on your group considering your powers.Did anyone tell you about all this?"

"Yeah but i don't if i can trust her?" regretting it as soon as i said it, what if they know her or tell her what i said?

"Adam? could you get some ice tea for Kayla I'm sure she could use it." Brandon says.

"Sure." Adam skips along back to his room.

"Listen,In here you don't know who to trust,You have to make friends, preferably someone in your group-"

"What if I'm not in a group?" I ask . He just stares at me.

"You think that your an other?" He asks eyeing me. "Look  you need all the categories combined plus more super natural abilities like-" I  cut him off

"I can heal." I say and he looks at me stunned

"And i can move things with my mind." Now what were you saying again?"  I say with a grin and a cocky tone.

He smiles back "OK, there's not very many resulters here only like 3 or 4 now 1 i know she will cover for you she done it for.... He nods his head back into his room.

"Adam? Hes an other?" I ask shocked

"Yep Judith covered for him."

"Judith? I don't think she like me." I say looking down at my feet.

"Why I mean sh-" He sighs "You told her you could heal." He sighs

"Was that bad?" I'm starting to get scared.

"Well there's this legend of the healers line. There's only one. Yours i guess" He looks at me waiting for my reaction. 

"What about the legend?" I say, I'm not sure i want to hear the answer

"Its extremely rare,considering only one line of people have it, I'll go to the library they have some peoples history, and other stuff, ill look into it. After your test find me in the library its on floor 23. The whole floor is the library."

A whole floor for a library? I wonder why they have so much information.

"What happens if i don't get Judith for a resulter?"

"Not good." He says and before he can say anything more Adam comes in with my iced tea. He was gone a while, How long does it take to make that. Did he do something to it, was he ease-dropping?

"Great, thanks so where is the elevator?" I ask wanting to get out of here.

"Down the right." He says

"Thanks ill see you two later." I say then i walk out when I'm out of sight, i look at the ice tea, smells like iced tea, looks like iced tea and i take a sip. Taste's like ice tea i wonder what he was doing that took so long.

Suddenly the elevator dinged. Judith came out.

"There you are, we've all been looking for you. Its time for your test."

"Are you my resulter?" I ask. If i don't get her, i might as well give myself up now.

"Yes, I am. Even though i think i already know your results."

"like Adam." I say she just looks at me. "His friend told me."

"I see, well your going to be late." She gesturing toward the elevator.

"Why do you cover for us?" I ask

"Because I think they could help us in battle and they shouldn't die just because they have extra powers."

I have a feeling i should trust her, but what if she's lying what if Adam isn't an other, they just lied. Wow i have alot of trusting issues. 

We went to the elevator and she clicked on the 4th floor and suddenly we were in a dark room with just black walls and a small spotlight shining over a chair. The chair looked sketchy. It had arm,leg, neck and even head restrains and they were metal, it looked like a probeing chair from a alien abduction movie.

"Will this hurt?" I ask scared 

"No, its just for precautions, so it wont hurt, i inject you with a sedative along with a mind manipulator chip that will allow me to control your dreams, so that's when will do the test.

I didn't like the idea of my thoughts being manipulated. Or another needle going into me.

"I have no control over what you do that is all you we only manipulate your surroundings." Judith continued. "Ready?"

"As I'll ever be." I try and sound confident.

I sit in the chair, she places the restrains on me and injects me. I feel the chip moving inside me, its really uncomforable and then i fall into a deep sleep. I keep hearing numbers counting down, the test is about to begin.

5........4............3..........2........1.................

It begins

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

624 29 12
What happened if our world had people with superpowers? It's no longer the comics you read...It's reality. You know you aren't normal when you find o...
1.2K 69 14
In an alternate timeline, the human race found a way to create superpowers. By extracting energy from stars and inserting that energy into humans, 'p...
2.2K 56 13
Seven teenagers are kidnapped to be experimented on. They develop powers and are forced to go to school, with others like them, to prepare. Prepare f...
2.5K 77 55
Four teenagers. One plan. Save their city from apocalyptic destruction. By day they live their lives in an isolated facility only meant for the brigh...