The New Neighbour

De MiraAHenss

Completed. A Malec AU- Magnus Bane has a simple life and is quite satisfied with it. But when Alexander Light... Mais

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 12

560 35 1
De MiraAHenss

Alec's POV

"Hi Alexander", my father says as I sit opposite him.

"Hello", I say.

He looks better than I remember. His dark blue eyes are shining in the dim light of the cafe. His dark hair and beard are well trimmed and he looks healthier than the time I last saw him.

I was so used to seeing him in suits, that seeing him in a shirt looked weird.

I can see his eyes studying me. Though I look more like my mother, there are some traces of him in my eyebrows and jawline.

"How are you? ", he asks.

"I'm fine. You? ", I ask.

"Excellent. I heard you, Izzy, Jace and Max are now living together", he says.

"Yeah. I won Max's custody a few months ago. So, we are living together now", I say.

"The guy you came with. Is he your boyfriend? ", he asks.

"No, he's just a friend", I say and hope against hope that I'm not blushing .

My car had a flat tire and Magnus had to drop me at the cafe.

"I just thought. Okay, but you two had a lot of chemistry", he says.

I raise my eyebrows at him but don't say anything.

"So, how are Izzy, Jace and Max? ", he asks.

"All of them are good", I say.

"Has Max adjusted to his new school? ", he asks.

"Yeah", I say.

"How's your work going?", he asks.

"Good", I say.

"Do you want to eat something? ", the waitress asks as she approaches us.

"Coffee? ", he asks, looking at me.

"Okay", I say.

"Two coffees. Black with sugar", he says and looks at me.

I nod at him and the waitress walks away.

"Alec, I'm so sorry for everything, I did. I was very cruel and unfair, I know. But I'm honestly sorry for everything I said and did. I don't expect you to instantly forgive me but just know that I'm sorry, okay? ", he asks.

"Okay", I say, in a small voice.

He beams at me for a moment.

"Will you come to my wedding? ", he asks.

"Yeah", I say. I was honestly getting tired with my monosyllabic answers.

"Thank you, thank you so much, Alec", he says.

I smile a half smile at him.

"So, I wanted to ask you and Anna quite agrees too", he says.

"Ask me what? ", I ask.

"Will you be my best man? ", he asks.

"Your best man? ", I ask, not believing his words.

"Yeah. It's okay if you don't want to. I just thought we could have a new start. I thought this could be a good beginning for us", he says.

"Yes. I mean, I will be your best man", I say.

"Thank you so much, Alec. You'll like Anna. She's so sweet and understanding", he says.

"Is she coming to the wedding? ", I ask.

"Your mother? No", he says and I let out a sigh of relief.

"Okay", I say.

"So, we are getting our suits fitted next week. So, can you, Jace and Max meet me, next week?", he asks.

"Okay. Where's this place?", I ask.

"Can I have your number? I'll text you the address",he says.

"Yeah fine", I say and tell him my number.

"Check if you got my text", he says.

"Yeah, I got it", I say.

"And, Anna's pregnant", he says.

"Oh. Congratulations", I say and hope he doesn't hear the bitterness in my voice.

"I know. It's kinda weird having a daughter again but I'm excited too", he says.

"Um, father?", I say.

"Yeah?", he says, looking at me.

"Max has just started a new life. You'll have to make effort to stay in it. You can't meet him once and then disappear for months like you always do. I want him to have a stable family. If you promise me that you'll make effort and keep in constant touch, I'll bring Max to the wedding", I say.

"I promise you, Alec. I hope to be a better person", he says.

"Okay", I say.

"So, goodbye then, Alec. I'll call you soon. It's been ages since I talked to Jace,Iz and Max. I miss them", he says.

"Okay,goodbye", I say and both of us step out of the cafe.

"Seems like a good friend. He waited for you the whole time", he says, looking at Magnus walking towards us.

"Um, this is Magnus Bane", I say.

"And Magnus, this is my father", I say.

"Oh hello sir, pleased to meet you", he says in a clearly fake tone and shakes my father's hand.

"Hello Magnus", he says.

"So, we'd better get going", I say.

"One minute, Alec. I want to invite Magnus to my wedding", he says.

"To your wedding?", Magnus says, evidently shocked.

"Yeah. You're Alec's friend. You should come. Here's the invitation", he says, holding out a card.

"Thank you, sir", he says, looking at the card in confusion.

"So, see you later, Alec", he says and pulls me in a hug. I awkwardly stand for a moment until he lets me go.

Magnus and I walk in silence to the car and I climb beside me. Magnus looks at me for a moment, then bursts out laughing.

"What's so funny?", I ask.

"Your expression when he hugged you", he says, breathless.

"It couldn't have been funnier than your face when he gave you the invitation", I say.

"Fine. Did it go okay?", he asks, looking at me, his amber eyes clouded with concern.

"It went well. He apologized and asked me if I could be his best man", I say.

"What did you say?", he asks.

"I said okay", I say.

"Okay",he says.

"Okay", I say and both of us don't talk anything for the rest of the ride.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

325K 8.5K 28
completed | edited adelaide storm wasn't one to let feelings get in the way of her job. most people thought she was too cold, too cut off from the wo...
60.4K 2.2K 29
Magnus Bane made Alec Lightwood, the love of his life ,immortal. But would he be able to cope up with the consequences that are coming.Would the 'imm...
317K 14.1K 29
Magnus Bane owns the apartments where Alec and Isabelle Lightwood, Jace Herondale, Simon Lewis and Clary Fray reside. With his eccentric style and un...
80.5K 3.1K 16
a high school romance between alec lightwood and magnus bane, both popular, yet complete opposites. one on the football team and achieving a-grades c...