Burn (Book 2 of The Fire Tril...

By Emrald2222

Written By: Emrald2222 The Fire Trilogy: Book 2 "Pages so flammable they'll set the house on Fire." -Tasha... More

Dedication
Chapter 1: Please, just hit me in the face with a brick.
Chapter 2: Every other millennia, there is a new female werewolf. I am her.
Chapter 3: A vampire killer for hire
Chapter 4: What the hell is wrong with me?
Chapter 5: WereCat
Chapter 7: "You screamed bloody murder because of a TV show?"
Chapter 8: My Queen
Chapter 9: 'Ratchet ass cunt-punting mother fucker'
Chapter 10: 'Boohoo, hero. Your getting saved by the damsel in distress'
Chapter 11: Did I step through a time machine and get sent back to the 1600s?
Chapter 12: SOMEWHERE BETWEEN SHOT 23 AND WHEN WE DANCED NAKED ON THE BALCONY!"
Chapter 13: "ARE YOU READY TO ROCK, SQUIDWARD!?!"
Just Avoid This
Chapter 14: 'Ms. Drama Queen of the 21st century'
Chapter 15: I did that for NOTHING!?
Chapter 16: Urban Survival Rule: Never annoy an armed man
Chapter 17: The big bad wolf got shot with a sliver bullet.
A/N
Chapter 18: I. Hate. Pep-Rallys.
BONUS CHAPTER! (Aubrey's Letter to her Mom)
Chapter 19: GODFORSAKEN FUCKING WORLD
Chapter 20: I am an Alpha.
Epilouge
Sequel

Chapter 6: This was going to be one hell of an explanation.

407 34 12
By Emrald2222

Unedited-feel free to point out my mistakes.

Chapter 6: This was going to be one hell of an explanation.

*Aubrey's POV*

Thank God it's Friday.

I swear this day took it's precious damn time.

Yesterday, was supposed to be our nice normal Thursday, though, and well, now Courtney Hale is a WereCat.

So maybe I shouldn't be too excited for today because the track for this week isn't to hot.

Our, Courtney Hale, though, isn't looking to hot either.

Her eyes had bags under them, and she was looking as skittish as a kitten jumping at everything.

Ha, Kitten. No pun intended.

"Are you all right," I heard Courtney's friend ask.

Courtney had completely been off in a reverie because when her friend talked she almost jumped out of her skin.

And Courtney Hale smelled.

She smelled like a WereCat.

It wasn't very pleasant.

I don't know which I would prefer: Burning perfume, or pure cat.

Neither one was very great.

"Courtney," her friend said again tapping her arm lightly.

Courtney snapped out of it and looked at her friend.

"I'm fine," she said lowly.

Her friend didn't seem satisfied with the answer, but turned forward and focused on the class anyways.

Great friend, you got there.

I watched Courtney Hale.

As if feeling my eyes on her she turned around and met my gaze.

I wanted to growl at her.

She breathed in her through her nose and scrunched up at the smell.

Evidently I didn't smell so good either.

She looked at me a question in her eyes.

"What are y-" she started mouthing when the teacher cut her off.

"Ms. Hale, Ms. Foster surely you have important news if you find it more important then my lesson," Mr. Cook said.

He was a pudgy man with balding head, and he didn't tolerate people very well.

"No," Courtney started to reply, "nothing impor-"

"WELL surely it had to be something interesting," he said pausing to clench his teeth together, "what could it be about," he switched from glaring at Courtney to me, "Ms. Foster."

We were talking about how damn uptight you are. Seriously what crawled up in your ass and died?

"Nothing, Mr. Cook," I told him really wanting to tell him off.

He could obviously tell I wanted to strangle him.

BEEP!!!

Thank God, saved by the bell.

"Ms. Foster, Ms. Hale please stay after class," Mr. Cook said.

Or, not get saved by the bell.

Damn you, Fate.

I saw Lea, Kelsey, Tina, Rae, Val, and Elizabeth all hovering by the door waiting to leave.

Of course the last class of the day and Mr. Cook has to keep us behind.

Asshole.

"So girls, what was so interesting you thought you could talk over my lesson about it," he asked with his beady little eyes.

"We were just-" I started when Courtney cut me off.

"I was lost in the lesson, and I asked Aubrey where we were at in the book," she said.

She's covering for me?

Weird......

Mr. Cook paused and looked at Courtney and me.

Courtney was the one who screwed up and I was the good citizen who helped, is what it looked like.

Though, because, she was a Sporty, she wouldn't get in trouble.

"Ok. Just don't let it happen again. I'm not big on giving out warnings," he said.

With that he let us leave.

Once we were out in the hallway Courtney grabbed my wrist.

"We need to talk," she whispered, "now. Follow my car."

I gave The Group a look and told them to go on without me.

Courtney went to her car and looked back to make sure I was going to follow her in mine.

She turned on the engine and pulled out of the parking lot with me not far behind her.

She went down one of the old dirt paths in the woods and I followed behind her.

We drove down there for a good 3 minutes at 35 mph, when we pulled to a stop.

We were surrounded by trees, trees, and more trees.

She got out of her car slowly and started walking down the path.

I got out of my car and followed her.

------------------------------

*Courtney's POV*

There was something weird with her.

I knew Aubrey was weird ever since she moved here, but now I know something is off about her.

She knows about me.

She has to.

The way she looked at me yesterday, and then what happened later on that night.

My Eyes....

Slitted pupils just like a cats....

 She has to know.

I will find out.

I stopped where I was and turned around to face her.

Her hair was up in a ponytail.

She wasn't fat but she wasn't skinny, she had curves.

And her dark brown eyes were looking at me.

Not glaring, but not happy, kind of examining me.

Kind of creepy.

"What are you," I asked.

She looked at me her gaze giving nothing away.

Damn did she have a poker face.

I decided to go for a new tactic, "What am I?"

She smiled at me. I knew it! I knew she knew what I was! She's probably always known it! THAT BITCH!!! She knew what I was and she never even told me!

"You know," I stated, "what am I?"

She smiled and shook her head, and laughed! She had the audacity to laugh at me!

Then she came to meet my gaze once again, "How do you not know?" She questioned me.

"Know what?" I asked.

She pursed her lips and said, "Where you adopted?"

Yes. How the hell did she know?! I never told anybody!

"Yes," I stated fear lingering in my voice.

She smiled as if she could smell my fear, as if she knew how much I was panicking. As if she knew what I was...

"What am I?"

She rolled her eyes, "I could tell you," she said hopping onto the hood of my car, "but you wouldn't believe me."

I bit my lip and grounded out, "Try me."

She simply shrugged her shoulders and said in a very casual tone, "You're not human. You never were and you never will be. Like I said, You won't believe me, but hey if you want to know I will gladly tell you. You just have to be smart enough to not go gabbing about it to the rest of the world. This isn't Twilight or The Vampire Diaries. Never tell a human, or life will be hell."

I looked at her and blinked, I opened my mouth thinking I might just say something and then shut it.

Finally I found my voice, "Who are you?"

She smiled, "I can't tell."

"How do you know what I am?"

She bit her lip and said, "I can't tell you, for my sake, but also yours."

"What do you me-"

"Aubrey, so nice to see you," a voice came from behind me.

I turned abruptly as one of the two men smiled at me, "I do not believe I have had the pleasure of meeting you," he said, "but as I see you are with Aubren introductions shall not be needed."

"John," she said to the one talking, "Henry," to the other one who hadn't spoken yet then she said  stepping in front of me, "I would say a happy surprise but under the circumstances..." she said letting her voice trail off letting them know this wasn't a nice surprise.

"We have news," the one who wasn't speaking earlier- Henry- said, "he is on the move and he is getting closer."

They both glanced at me.

Aubrey followed there gaze and she said, "My friend shall not be harmed."

Friend? She calling me a friend wow.. If that isn't the biggest pile of shi-

Wait, HARMED?

Oh Hell, I knew this Aubrey chick was weird but... Harmed???!!

"But she's only hu-"

Aubrey cut Henry off, "Smell."

He took in a deep breath and then he started choking and he said, "God, my bad, I thought they were extinct."

The other man- John- inhaled slowly and met my gaze, "I haven't met one of you in centuries, how is it you are here?"

Centuries?

John then glanced to Aubrey, "As a matter of fact I'm still wondering how you're here to."

He sounded really annoyed.

Aubrey let out a growl that scared me out of my skin. It was so animal-like. She sounded like our old neighbor, Ms. Cortez's, feisty freaking German Shepard.

A girl is growling like a dog. Why am I still here?!

Oh that's right, because the two men in front of us look like they're going to invite me to dinner.

Guess What?!! I'm the dinner.

John started opening their mouths to growl back at Aubrey when she makes a hand-motion making him stop.

What the hell is going on here?

"What?" John asks.

Aubrey backs her thumb behind her shoulder, pointing, at me.

He looks at me and then give her a look, "Hun, you said it yourself, I smelt it, she's not human."

Aubrey then lets out an aggravated 'Ughhhhhh'.

Henry looks at her and smiles, "She doesn't know, does she?"

What the hell are we talking about!!!???

------------------------

*Aubrey's POV*

He guessed it right.

He now knows that Courtney has no clue what she is.

Shit.

John then lets out a loud gush of laughter, "Oh my, oh my, little girl come here," he says gesturing to Courtney.

I stick my arm in front of her.

She looks at me and then at them.

I look at the White brothers and growl at them again.

"Calm down, little wolf, we just want to see the kitty," John says sounding amused.

I look at Courtney and catch the questioning look on her face.

"Come here, Kitty Kitty," John says to Courtney laughing.

Really they're going to use animal jokes.

That's really fucking low.

"Shut up, Bloodsucker," I told him a smile of triumph on my face.

John extended his fangs at me.

I did a half-change and extended my canines at him, along with my golden eyes glaring at him.

I heard a squeak behind me.

Shit.

Shit. Shit! SHIT. SHIT!!!

Hell, I might as well have signed my damn death certificate!

Henry rolled his eye, evidently his brother and I were boring him with our childishness.

John ran towards Courtney at vamp speed.

I jumped in front of her and took a knife from my boot and slammed it in his stomach.

It wouldn't kill him, but it would sure as hell hurt.

John seethed in anger and pulled the knife out.

He glared at me and said very lowly, "This is not over."

He then vamp sped out of the path.

His brother looked at me and apologized for his brother's foolishness, before leaving after him.

I turned around and met Courtney's eyes.

She was frantic, she looked like she was going to cry, and she really looked like she was going to faint.

She was very hysterical looking.

"Fangs, vampires, an-" she laughed and then pointed at me, "and you- and- haha," she then fell to the ground.

I looked at her body strewn over the dirt path.

Should I leave her here?

Yes, Aubrey, leave her here so the vampires can come back and have a late night snack, best plan you've had all week.

I picked up her body and grabbed the keys to her car.

I pocketed the keys and dumped her in the back- seat of my car.

I looked at her body in the rear-view mirror and started the engine and drove.

Where am I going?

Should I drop her off at her house?

Yeah, because dropping her off at her house won't look suspicious at all, with her car missing and stuff, and one hell of a confused memory when she wakes up. Great idea.

Home it is then!

I combed my fingers in my hair through so frustration, and pulled out of the dirt path.

This was going to be one hell of an explanation.

That's for sure.

~~~~~~~

**********

@~HELLO~@

Courtney knows what she is now (somewhat)!

Just wait for her to wake up.

Shit. Is. Going. To. Go. Down.

I know it's dumb but I was thinking of the song: Timber by Kesha and Pittbull.

Because....

It's going DOWN!

I'm yelling timber!

You better move,

you better dance.

Yeah, well, anyways..

You should vote, comment, messgae, or follow if you liked this chapter!

Only takes one click.

So slide to the left and press vote!

Thanks!

Love Ya!

XOXO

~Morgan ^u^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 135 31
Audrey just wants to be left alone to work on cars with her dad. She definitely doesn't want to be around the pack of werewolves that just moved into...
22.7K 1.3K 29
Written By: Emrald2222 The Fire Trilogy: Book 1 "The Trilogy that set Fire to its own pages." -TrisPrior17 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ (Uned...
197K 5.7K 62
Hi Readers, Before you read this book, I just wanted to say that I am currently in the process of rewriting this story. Changes, whether they are bi...
248K 20.6K 62
Expelled from her old school for a crime she didn't commit, Ivy must gain the trust of the High Pack at Ridgeview Academy to stop her new home from g...