Hidden

By MarvelousMaReesha

Amari was abandoned as a baby at a hospital and has spent her entire life in foster care. Ever since moving t... More

Chapter 1 Welcome to My Life
Chapter 2 First day at a new school
Chapter 3: Punishment
Chapter 4: Awakening
Chapter 5: Take me away from here
Chapter 6: I think it's gonna be a great day
Chapter 7: Moon Flower
Chapter 8: Migraine
Chapter 9: A breath of happiness
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 13

126 6 0
By MarvelousMaReesha

I would like to note that I am so sad that Christina Grimme is ... passed away. She was AMAZING (artist of the song above) If you don't know who she was you must live under a rock. She was even on The Voice. She will be missed!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone hooted and hollered. I heard a few catcalls and one 'dam girl'. My eyes never left Dean's. I hadn't seen him in so long and now here he was at a fraternity party of all places.

"Impressive," Mark said as he stepped in front of me. "A full three and a half minutes. Where did you learn to chug like that?"

By now the alcohol was starting to set into my system. I felt warm and bubbly all over, yet I still felt like something was missing. I pushed back the pain in my heart and locked it away.

"Oh, I have my ways," I replied with a wink and moved to step away.

Mark grabbed my wrist stopping me. From the corner of my eye, I watched as Dean glared and I did my best to ignore him. I looked from my wrist to Mark.

"Why don't you stay and hang out with me for a bit?" He asked.

The hair on the back of my neck began to prick up at his touch. For a moment I was frozen unable to move. I swallowed nervously and took in a deep breath.

"No thanks," I replied while pulling his fingers from my wrist and stepping out of his reach.

"My turn," Olivia exclaimed excitedly.

She handed me my bat and went and took her place in front of the keg. Once her hands were gripping the handles two boys quickly lifted her legs high up in the air and another placed the mouthpiece in her mouth. I smiled a gigantic grin as everyone began to shout, counting.

"One" everyone yelled in unison.

"Two," Mark took a step closer to me.

"Three," I stepped away from him.

"Four," He moved closer still.

"Five," I moved away a few more paces.

"Six," He glared at me mischievously as if this was some fun game.

"Seven," I shot a glare at him before taking the remaining steps left between Dean and I and linked one of my arms into his.

I knew Dean was mad at me, but right now I needed a buffer to keep Mark away from me. I only hoped he wouldn't push me away.

My body relaxed instantly as his free hand reached over and squeezed my hand that was resting on his arm. He didn't let go.

At that moment every doubt and fear I had about us no longer being friends left as a wave of comfort and security settled into my heart, filling the empty hole ever so slightly. I turned and smiled a grateful smile at him. He stared back with a look of understanding as he squeezed my hand a little more.

"Twenty-six," Everyone shouted soon to be overrun with screams of 'Oh,' and shouts of laughter as Olivia toppled over into one of the boys holding her legs spluttering and laughing as cold beer ran down her face.

I couldn't help but laugh along with everyone. Glancing around I noticed that Mark had moved away and was now talking to a couple of girls one dressed as a nurse and another a ... sexy zombie. I shook my head and laughed more.

"So what are you supposed to be?" I asked Dean who was wearing the same thing he would wear every day; v-neck, leather jacket, and jeans.

"A serial killer." He replied matter of factly.

"Haha right."

"Well it definitely is nowhere near as good as your," he glanced down at my half naked body and suddenly I felt even more exposed than ever before. "costume."

"Olivia didn't give me much of a choice," I responded, turning my face away.

"That's right,' the overly cheerful voice of Olivia sang out as she quickly grabbed my free arm and began to pull me away from Dean. His grip on me slightly tightened before loosening and releasing me to my friend. "we couldn't have Amari coming to a fraternity party looking like a highschooler now could we, come on a few of us are going to go play a game inside and you missy are coming with me."

I gave Dean an apologetic look as Olivia began to drag me across the yard towards the house.

"We only have an hr before my older sister comes to pick us up. Her friend is going to drop her off so she can drive us home. And we are going to make the most of our remaining minutes here," She exclaimed cheerfully.

Soon we were sitting in a large circle on the kitchen floor near the drinks with a mix of both guys and girls all sitting ready for our game of truth, dare, or shot. I sat rather uncomfortably in an attempt to hide my crotch on the floor. Why Harley Quinn wore such bright underwear as bottoms were beyond me.

A boy grabbed the bottle and spun. It landed on another boy who was dared to run into the living room and steal a girl away from her dancing partner, grind on her in a ridiculous manner and then just leave. Surprisingly he actually did it.

That boy, in turn, spun the bottle until it landed on a beautiful girl dressed up as a bunny. He dared her to kiss him and she chose to take a shot instead.

She spun the bottle and it landed on Mark.

"I dare you... hmmm... run to the neighbors ask for toilet paper."

Everyone laughed. Mark rolled his eyes while he stood up and left the circle, chuckling to himself. The circle filled with empty chatter in his absence.

"Amari, why were you screaming so loud when you passed out in history?" Olivia asked me out of the blue while we all waited for Mark to return with a roll of toilet paper.

I heard someone shift behind me and glanced back to see Dean leaning against the wall. He didn't avoid making eye contact with me or pretend like he wasn't listening to our conversation. Instead, the brazen friend of mine stared right back at me, waiting to hear my answer as well. I turned back to face Olivia.

"Ummm. It was just a migraine. Nothing important just hurt a lot." I shrugged.

"Horse shit."

"Excuse me?"

"You were screaming and crying while completely unconscious. And then when you woke up you were so confused. That is not normal Amari."

"Well aren't we the little inquisitive drunk."

"Oh shoosh it, Amari," Olivia giggled again. "I am your only friend at this school besides his mysterious ass," She continued, pointing a thumb behind us towards Dean. "You have so many secrets and walls, why won't you give me just this one answer?"

I let out a deep breath and looked around the circle. Thankfully everyone else was in their own little world having their own drunk conversations. Music from the living room poured out into the kitchen. Hopefully, she wouldn't think I was crazy and with any luck, Olivia would be too drunk to remember any of this tomorrow.

"Well," I started.

"I got it!" Marks' voice filled the air holding up a roll of toilet paper triumphantly. Everyone cheered, including me.

Mark joined the circle and spun the bottle. Slowly it spun until it landed on me, joy. He gave me a mischevious smile and didn't hesitate to give me my dare.

"I dare you to do a sexy dance for all of us here." He dared with a huge grin.

I rolled my eyes and slowly stood up. I walked over to the counter returned his mischevious smile as I poked my practically bare little butt out while leaning over the counter. In a flash I grabbed a pre-poured shot of unmarked liquid and quickly downed the alcohol. The room erupted in laughs and one 'that sucks bro.'

My body buzzed with alcohol and numbed me. My brain was in a fog and I struggled to stand up straight and walk back to the circle. Dean gave me a worried glance and I knew that I was done. My body couldn't handle any more of this. I quickly spun the bottle and stood back up, swaying back and forth as I waited for it to land on its victim.

The bottle stopped on some guy I didn't know dressed as Superman.

"I dare you to freestyle rap about Elsa from Frozen." I hiccuped out.

Everyone laughed, I didn't wait to hear his rap as soon as I was finished daring him I grabbed my baseball bat off the ground by Olivia and headed for the back door. My body was in desperate need of fresh air.

These heels were too much for me to handle anymore. With one hand on the now opened sliding glass door, I bent down to remove the shoes from my feet.

"Here let me."

I turned to face a concerned Dean.

"Thankssss I dooooonn't thiiiink I caaan," I slurred out unable to finish my sentence.

Dean laughed and bent down to remove my shoes for me. "I know you are a little more than drunk keg stand queen."

"Yay, I'm the queen of something." I enthusiastically chimed with minimal slurs.

"You are the queen of more than just keg stands Amari." He gently chuckled out, now staring into my eyes my shoes in his hand. "Let me help you outside."

Dean gently wrapped one arm around my waist and I placed my right arm as best I could around his broad shoulders.

Once we were through the door Dean slid it closed with the hand holding my shoes and then slowly led me over to a couple of lounge chairs on the back patio off to the far side. Smoothly he helped me lower myself down onto the chair and turn me so I could lean back into the chair before taking a seat in the chair next to me. He never leaned back or propped his feet up like me. Instead, he sat staring at me with his hands linked together under his chin.

"Where on earth did you learn to drink like that."

I laughed out loud. "You say that like it's an impressive skill to have."

"I guess in a way it is."

"Well, since you already roughly no a bit about my past," I started and closed my eyes. " I had a home with a brother and we snuck out to a few too many parties together."

"Is that the guy that came to see you at school?" He asked quicker than I expected.

"Yes."

"Was he a good brother?"

"He is and will always be the only brother I will ever have, nothing more. So yes, he is a great brother."

Silence filled the space between us for several minutes.

"Look, Amari, I'm sorry for how I acted towards you that day."

My eyes shot open and I turned my head to look at him. "You have nothing to apologize for Dean. I was the jerk. I completely ditched you without so much as a goodbye while you were helping me." I let out a long breath. "I just hadn't seen Tyler in so long. Ever since Susan our mom went missing," I paused for a moment. "He's just been gone, and I've been alone."

"You're not alone anymore Amari," Dean moved over to me and placed his hand on mine. "I will never let you be alone again. I promise." He breathed, staring deep into my eyes.

Warmth filled my heart. Here, now, in his eyes, I felt safe.

Just then the back door slid open and Olivia stepped out.

"Hey! My sister is here. Are you ready to go?"

Dean never broke eye contact with me. "Can I take you home?" He asked.

I opened my mouth to speak yet no words came out so instead, I nodded yes.

"I'll take her home," Dean began, standing up and walking my bat over to her. "Can you just take this with you? It will make riding on my bike much easier."

"Oh, umm sure. Are you okay with that Amari?" Olivia questioned leaning around Dean to look at me.

"Yes, of course."

"Ok, if you're sure. I'll see you at my house tomorrow night so you can finally see who you are dressed up as though, right?"

"I'll be there." I smiled back.

Once she was inside and the door was closed yet again Dean turned towards me with a small smile.

"Shall we my queen?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please let me know if you liked this chapter. And if you want more please vote and share! It is a HUGE motivator in my writing. Thanks, guys!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 61 24
She was a human, clueless to the supernatural world. She worked helping troubled youth, and loved helping people. She had chronic illnesses, and was...
170K 5K 34
Being the daughter of the moon goddess and an angel is stuff but being in danger all the time is stuffer, when my house is attacked both my parents a...
2.1M 93K 31
"You are mine, Natalya. I will show you over and over if I have to." ***** In a werewolf's life, you live your life around constant companionship but...
129K 3.1K 22
I was a human girl looking for a safe place from the supernatural creatures that had invaded our world. I never expected to be a mate to a powerful w...