Baton Rouge.

By Bhettiboop

Bad boy, good girl, cliche happily ever after ending right? Well, not with Melissa and Jionni. One boy is fre... More

Chapter 1 - Bullied!
Chapter 2 - Perfection.
Chapter 3 - Claws Out!
Chapter 4 - Mr. Nice Guy.
Chapter 5 - Mismatch.
Chapter 6 - Shook Ones.
Chapter 7 - PCP!
Chapter 8 - "Weak Minded."
Chapter 9 - Beyond the Border.
Chapter 10 - LOUISiana.
Chapter 11 - Suspicion.
Chapter 12 - Safe Place.
Chapter 13 - Under Surveillance.
Chapter 14 - Tongue Tied.
Chapter 15 - New Enrollment.
Chapter 16 - Unlicensed.
Chapter 17 - Gunplay.
Chapter 18 - Black Sheep.
Chapter 19 - Inspector Gadget.
Chapter 20 - Wanted! [Part 1.]
Chapter 21 - Wanted. [Part 2.]
Chapter 22 - Wanted! [Part 3.]
Chapter 23 - Havoc.
Chapter 24 - Spurred Moment.
Chapter 25 - Grammy!
Chapter 26 - The Dark Side.
Chapter 27 - "Let the Games begin."
Chapter 28 - Fox 2 News.
Chapter 30 - Double Crossed. [Part 1.]
Chapter 31 - Double Crossed! [Part 2.]
Chapter 32 - !!!!!!
Chapter 33 - :(
Chapter 34 - TwiSted.
Chapter 35 - U.S. bound.
Chapter 36 - "Oh shit."
Chapter 37 - The "New" girl.
Chapter 38 - "Lil Big Brother!"
Chapter 39 - "Mama Drama."
Chapter 40 - "It's a partaaayyy!"
Chapter 41 - James Bond.
Chapter 42 - Con Artistè.
Chapter 43 - Chemical X.
Chapter 44 - Baby Blue. [Part 1.]
Chapter 45 - Baby Blue! [Part 2.]
Chapter 46 - "Lissa."
Chapter 47 - Hell's Kitchen. [Part 1.]
Chapter 48 - Hell's Kitchen. [Part 2.]
Chapter 49 - "Plottin', Schemin'."
Chapter 50 - First 48.
Chapter 51 - Xposed.
Chapter 52 - Prom Queen.
Chapter 53 - Prom King.
Chapter 54 - Window Seat.
Chapter 55 - Bad Boy. **FINALE**
Epilogue.
ATTENTION!
Another epilogue.
Old thang.
"Take care, Lissa."
America's Most Wanted.
Last effort.
Lean on Me.
"He's still the same."
Ily.
A million miles away.
Fire!
Stubborn.
Fade to Black.
$$$$$$$$$$$$.
Bora Bora.
Rash decision.
Goodbye, Forever.
All's Well. **FINALE**
WEDDING DAY.
Unreleased Chapter.

Chapter 29 - Dave and Busters.

58.7K 2.8K 2.9K
By Bhettiboop

The next day, Jionni woke up and prepared himself a large bowl of cereal. He took a big bowl out of the cabinet, loaded it with frosted flakes and milk, then brought it to the small table he had in his living room. When he glanced at his phone, he saw 5 text messages from people at his school and people in the neighborhood.

"Party for celebrating Kisses coming home for the New Year!" All of them read. "You coming, Jionni?"

But Jionni wasn't in the mood to party. It felt so good to relax after 17 years that he didn't enjoy doing it anymore. As he ate his cereal, he looked at the mail and saw something that caught his eye.

An application to the strip club.

Jionni's eyes widened as he snatched the paper up and looked to see his mothers name on the paper. Diana Ivy. When he looked at the date, he realized that she scribbled the entire bottom out in pen, almost as if she messed up on filling out the application. Since she'd been gone almost 24 hours out of the day, he knew exactly what she was doing. Jionni placed the paper down and snatched a blunt out of his pocket, placing it in his tucked lips and lighting it up. He nervously smoked and ate his cereal, shaking after realizing what his mother was doing.

Then, Jionni heard a car honking outside of his home.

Jionni rushed up to his window and pulled down his blinds, gazing at a beautiful Mercedes Benz. At first he didn't think that it was for him, but then he realized that it was parked in his driveway. He grabbed his keys and jogged out of the door, watching Melissa's grandmother pull down the window. She was wearing some black shades along with a black jogging suit.

"Get in loser, we're going shopping." The grandmother winked.

"Damn, dis' shit TOO clean!" Jionni said as he looked at her car. "Dis you?"

"Nah, this is Louis's car." She laughed. "So are you coming, or what?"

"Oh hell yeah, let me lock up!"

Jionni jogged back in the house and took a really long puff of his blunt, then blew it out quickly as he ran out of his home to lock his door.

Even though Jionni knew that Melissa's grandmother wasn't judgmental, the car ride was extremely awkward for him. He smelled like weed and had on nothing but a clean wife beader and some shorts since it's what he always wore around the house. His tattoos were showing and he really didn't want to be asked about his son or Mook at the moment.

"So what do you do for fun, Jionni?" Melissa's grandmother asked.

"Uh.......if I told you you'll kick me out." Jionni chuckled.

"Boy, do I look like Rodrigo to you?"

"AHAAAHHH!" Jionni laughed as Melissa joined him. "Nah..."

"So go 'head, little cutie!"

Jionni rested his head back, closing his eyes and smiled.

"I love to party, smoke weed, and hang out wit' my niggas..." Jionni grinned. "And my baby girl Lissa."

"See? Nothing wrong with that! You're a teenager!" Her grandmother smiled. "It's not like you have a criminal record or anything!"

Jionni's face flushed after she said that. "Damn..." He thought. He thought that she'd take him for him all the way, but that was something she had no choice but to hide from her.

"Well, do you like arcades?" Melissa said, turning to Jionni and looking in the backseat.

"I don't go to 'em."

"Well, we're going to Dave and Busters. They have an arcade, restaurant, and prizes there." Melissa smiled. "Mind going back to childhood?"

"Hell yeah." Jionni smiled. "I'm down."

Melissa stared at Jionni for a while as he bit his bottom lip, giving her a flirty look on purpose. Melissa's grandmother smiled, turning down the corner.

"No eye sex in my car, guys!" She joked.

Melissa and Jionni let out a small laugh, looking out of their windows in embarrassment.

For the whole day, Jionni, Melissa, and Rosa [Melissa's grandmother] played the games around the entire arcade for tickets and prizes. They winded up competing against each other to see who could get the most by going around and playing every game that was inside of the place. Since Melissa's family had money, she paid for 200 chips on each of their cards, the highest amount that you can purchase on one card. After spending two hours playing each and every game, they headed to the line where a lot of the kids were with their cup load of tickets.

"Alright Lissa, you go first." Jionni smiled.

Melissa placed her tickets up on the counter, watching the lady weigh it out.

"555 tickets." The woman smiled.

"HAAAAH! Baby weight." Rosa laughed. "You're next, Jionni."

Jionni placed the cup of tickets up on the table, watching the lady weigh that out as well.

"1073 tickets."

"HAHAAAAH! Y'all ain't fuckin' wit me!" Jionni cheered. "You next, grandma."

"UGH!" Rosa scoffed at him, placing her tickets up top. "Grandma??"

"Yeah, grandma!" Jionni chanted again.

"Please boy, I'm 68 years young!" Rosa said, placing her hands on her hip. "You better tell him, Melissa."

"That is kind of old, though." Melissa giggled.

Jionni and Melissa started laughing as they gave each other a handshake, watching her grandmother give them a playful snarky look.

"1989 tickets."

Melissa and Jionni's faces dropped as her grandmother took her card, shoving past them.

"Out of my way, youngins." Rosa said as she shook her hips into the prize place. "I have a PRIZE to buy."

For prizes, Melissa and Jionni bought a whole bunch of candy and small toys for themselves. As for Rosa, she bought herself a giant pink teddy bear since it was her favorite color. At first Jionni was a little skeptical to be going to an arcade, but he winded up having the time of his life since he always did "grown" things as a child. Being younger, he never got the chance to go to arcades or anything since he didn't have any money. It was only after today he realized how much of his childhood he really missed.

After a fun night of games, the three settled into the food area for something to eat.

"Hello, welcome to Dave and Busters." The woman smiled. "What can I get you to drink?"

"I'll just have a water." Melissa smiled.

"Uh, a sprite?" Jionni asked.

Rosa grinned at the two, looking up at the woman.

"A large cup of Smirnoff with some shot glasses."

"Okay. I'll be right back with that."

Melissa's eyes widened as she gave her grandmother a shocked look.

"Grams, are you supposed to be drinking that?"

"Melissa, I've been drinking alcohol since I've had your father and all of your uncles." Rosa smiled. "Besides, I ordered this for all of us."

"WHAT?!"

"Aaaawwww shit." Jionni grinned. "I drink all the time so this ain't shit!"

"This trip wasn't just for him to loosen up, Melissa." Rosa laughed. "It was for you to loosen up too."

Melissa didn't know how to feel. As the lady brought their drinks and completed their orders, Rosa decided to talk to the two about how they are.

"So, how long have you two been together?" Rosa grinned as she placed her fingers under her chin.

"Well, we haven't necessarily made it official yet because we're trying to adjust to how we're gonna make it work with both of our parents." Melissa groaned. "And as of now, it isn't looking so good...."

"Well, a relationship consists of TWO people." Rosa said in a serious tone. "Not your parents."

"Well since we're living under their roofs, we have no choice but to follow what they have to say."

"My mama ain't da' issue." Jionni said as he raised an eyebrow at Melissa. "It's yo' parents who got a problem."

"I know....."

Rosa glanced at Melissa, shaking her head.

"Can't believe your father is acting like this. He knows that you're not a bad kid." Rosa scoffed. "Me and your grandfather raised him like a decent young man. I don't understand this....."

"Well he doesn't listen to me.." Melissa groaned again.

"Jionni's not even a bad kid. I don't understand." Rosa said, shaking her head. "What's the WORST thing you've done, Jionni?"

Jionni couldn't tell her that he broke out of his house arrest bracelet, robbed a home at the age of 14, fought on occasion, violated his probation, or even told her that he was on probation before.

"I got into some fights when I was younger....." Jionni mumbled. "Dassit."

"Every teenager fights. Hell, I fought when I was younger too!"

Rosa glanced down, sighing.

"I'll talk to him for you guys. And as far as my judgement on your relationship, I don't care. It seems pure." Rosa nodded. "All I ask is that you both be honest with me. Whether it's about sex, partying, anything. Let me know."

Rosa glanced at Jionni's tattoos on his arms. She was going to ask about them, but then she saw a "RIP Mook" sign under the boys face, so she decided to leave it alone.

"NOW it's time to crank up the mood." Rosa smiled as she filled up the shot glasses. "Let's all have a shot competition! First one out has to drive home?"

"Deal!" Jionni smiled as he raised his glass.

"Wait grandma, I don't think-"

"What's wrong, Melissa?" Rosa smiled. "Too much of a prude like your daddy?"

Melissa scrunched her eyebrows and grabbed her shot glass, tipping it all into her mouth. Her cheeks filled up as she held it in her mouth, shaking her head. Jionni and Rosa quickly downed their classes as Melissa gulped her alcohol down.

"Forget it. I'll drive." Melissa coughed. "That was gross."

"WEAK!" Jionni scoffed at her. "Me and you, grandma?"

"Alright." Rosa shrugged as she clinked her glass with his.

Rosa and Jionni were going head to head. Rosa drank a lot and Jionni drank a lot at parties. The two downed one, then two, then four, then seven. After seeing how dizzy their demeanor was when their food came, Melissa decided to pack up so they can head home.

"Okay okay, enough of the drinks..." Melissa mumbled as she moved the glass away. "Ma'am, can we just get the food to go?"

"Sure." The waitress nodded. "I'll bring some boxes."

Melissa boxed up their food as Jionni fell out of his chair. He started laughing obnoxiously as Melissa placed the food down and sat him up on the bench next to her.

"You sit here..." Melissa whispered, quickly boxing up their food.

"L......Lisssaaaaaaa...." Jionni burped.

Rosa started laughing as well as she downed one more class. Melissa boxed up her grandmothers food, then her own. Suddenly, Rosa started coughing. At first it wasn't bad, but then it got to a point where she had to cup a napkin around her mouth.

"You okay, grams?" Melissa asked.

The cough was so bad that it actually sobered her up a little. When Rosa looked at the napkin, she could see tiny droplets of pink.

That was blood. The cancer was getting worse.

"Uh.....y-yeah I'm fine......Look uh...I'll drive home. I'm sober enough, Melissa. You and Jionni just head to the car...." Rosa nodded as she walked to the bathroom. "I'll be out in a second...."

As Melissa packed her and Jionni's things up, Rosa rushed to the bathroom. She stood in front of the mirror, looking at the side effects on her medicine. It wasn't supposed to be taken with alcohol. She wanted to have some more fun for the night, but after realizing her throat was getting a tad bit worse, she had no choice but to call it a night. After a night of drinking at the D&B, Melissa noticed that it seemed to take over Jionni's system a lot more. When they got into her grandmothers car, Jionni collapsed and fell face down on the seat. Melissa glanced in the backseat and gave him a weird look as Jionni started chuckling and giggling with his face smooshed into the seat.

"Are you alright, Jionni?" Melissa laughed.

"I'm aiiiiighhtt..." Jionni slurred. "I think?"

Melissa got out of the passenger seat and went into the back to rest Jionni's head on her lap to keep him from throwing up. He was extremely drunk. Melissa scooted in from the left side and flipped Jionni over, resting his head on her lap.

"Haaaahaaaahh..." Jionni laughed, barely able to keep his eyes opened. "I'm so fuckin' gone. I swur....."

Melissa shook her head and glanced out of the window, wondering what was taking her grandmother so long. Jionni squinted his eyes at the window, scratching his head.

"Aye Lissa, h-how you thank our kids gone look....?" Jionni asked.

"What?"

"As a matta' a fact, how you thank our SON is gone l-look....?" Jionni slurred, giggling and moving his head a little.

"Who said that we're ever having kids?" Melissa said in a snarky tone.

Jionni paused, hiccuping and sighing.

"Our son gone have some a' dat phill.....pean hair.....and he gone ha' my build and lips...." Jionni nodded.

"First off, I'm having a daughter when I get older. End of story." Melissa said. "I don't want a boy. They're too much."

"Daughters expensive doe..."

"Not as expensive as a materialistic ass boy." Melissa scoffed, chuckling a little.

"But.....if we ha' a son, we can name him JJ." Jionni stuttered, drunk as ever. "Like my old son...!"

Jionni's playful demeanor sank as his son settled into the mind of his drunken head.

"JJ.....why........why he leave me, Lissa?" Jionni stuttered as he scrunched his eyebrows, shifting his blurred eyes at the window. "All I did was took care uh him....and he left me..."

"Jionni, your son didn't leave you by choice." Melissa said in a serious tone. "It was a mistake tha-"

"And Mook.....Mook left me and he won't...w-won't respond back to mah tweets......." Jionni continued. "Wassup wit' dat? W-what did I do...?"

"It's not your fault, Jionni. Don't blame yourself."

Jionni placed his hand on his forehead, shaking his head.

"I ain't......I ain't gone see dem' again, huh....?"

Jionni slid his hand down onto his mouth and kept it there as tears started to well in his eyes. Alcohol and all of the bottled up emotions you usually keep to yourself typically isn't a good match. Melissa watched the tears stream out of his eyes as she leaned forward and looked at him.

"Are you okay, Jionni?"

Jionni covered his entire face, breaking down.

"If they cared 'bout me dey wouldn't ha' left me, Lissa!" Jionni scowled through his cupped hands. "Dey left me here by mahself!"

"Jionni, they're in a better place." Melissa said as she removed his hands and wiped his tears with her thumbs. "They care about you."

Jionni turned to the side, giggling a little.

"Y-you know what, you right L-Lissa..." Jionni laughed as he shook his head. "I'm trippin!"

"You're drunk, Jionni." Melissa sighed as she gazed out of the window. "We're taking you home. Don't worry."

Jionni turned slowly to Melissa, grinning exhaustedly at her as he closed his eyes and began to fall asleep.

"Love you....." Jionni mumbled.

Melissa's eyes widened as she glanced down at him.

"W-what'd you say?" Melissa stuttered.

Jionni turned away, keeping his eyes closed as he started giggling a little.

"Said I love you.......!" Jionni said in a raspy tone, tilting his head off of her lap a little. "I meant to say dat last time....b-but I got.......too nervous..."

Melissa started staring off into space as Jionni looked up at her, struggling to keep his eyes open.

"Well......ain't you gone s-say it back?" Jionni slurred, lifting his index finger up.

"Jionni, just go to sleep." Melissa murmured to him as she used a pillow in her grandmothers car and placed it under his head. "You're still drunk."

"But on some real shit Lissa, go wit' yo grandmoms.....Das yo' blood..." Jionni said in a serious, yet drunk tone. "She need you..."

Melissa glanced down at him, looking away.

"You.......you mean that?"

"Yeah....blood befo' water...." Jionni mumbled. "Family is mo' important.."

After dropping Jionni off at home, Melissa was thinking a lot about the things he was saying. He wasn't taking it seriously, but she thought of the old adage "A drunk man tells no tales." To her, she thought that Jionni was telling her about all of the things he wasn't telling her when he was sober. Still, she didn't know if she should take it seriously considering the fact he wasn't all there.

"Grams, should I stay down here with you or come to the Philippians with you, mom, and dad?" Melissa asked.

"Wait a minute, where'd you get that idea from?" Rosa asked as she drove.

Melissa looked up her grandmother, turning away.

"Dad is thinking about packing up and leaving to go to our home country to accompany you." Melissa sighed.

"Oh lord. Your father makes everything more difficult than it has I be." Rosa groaned. "I told him that the doctor said I POSSIBLY had 5 years left."

"Oh..."

"Besides, stay here with Jionni."

Melissa turned sharply back to her grandmother in shock.

"You mean......with my boy....best friend?" Melissa said.

"Melissa, not a lot of good guys like him come around. He's very outgoing and protective of you." Rosa nodded as she turned into the garage of Melissa's home. "There's not a lot of guys like that around. He's a very good person and I can tell. I've been around for almost 70 years. Trust me."

Melissa didn't know what to do. Jionni was telling her to go with her grandmother, while her grandmother was telling her to stay with Jionni. She had a lot to think about, but either way, she was losing regardless. After Rosa got settled into her room an hour later, Rodrigo walked into her room. As Rosa got comfortable in her bed, Rodrigo sat at the end of her bed in silence.

"Can I help you, son?" Rosa asked.

Rodrigo squinted his eyes, looking down.

"Why did you feel the need to take Melissa with that boy after I specifically told you that I didn't want her around him?"

"Because that 'boy' isn't as bad as you made him out to be. Besides, I was around them both the whole entire day." Rosa groaned as she got comfortable in her bed. "It's not that big of a deal, Rodri-"

"Mom, I invited you here to be comfortable, NOT to raise my child!"

"She's my ONLY granddaughter, Rodrigo!" Rosa scowled. "I was just showing her how it would feel to have a good time with her date."

Rodrigo placed his tongue on the side of his mouth, reaching into his black briefcase. He pulled out a yellow file and placed it onto Rosa's lap. She lifted it up, looking up at him.

"What's this?" Rosa asked.

"Take a look for yourself, mother."

Rosa opened the files and looked at all of the information that Rodrigo dug up on Jionni. Rosa looked at the records he had, including serving community service for the accidental death of his own son, failure to report a homicide, robbery, fights, etc. Rosa looked at his mugshots and could see him bluntly looking at the camera with the tattoos he had on the side of his arms. Rosa's mouth dropped as she slowly looked up at Rodrigo.

"But, he told me that he didn't-"

"You wanna know what's the PERFECT icing on the cake?" Rodrigo interrupted. "Louis told me that his house was shot up by drug dealers and he's suspected of being linked to the drugs that was found inside of his home. Did you know that?"

Rosa couldn't believe it. Rodrigo got up off of the bed, walking out of the room.

"But this is the guy you want to bring Melissa around, huh? Okay." Rodrigo nodded. "If something happens to my daughter, it'll be all your fault. You think about that the next time you trail him around my daughter."

Rosa was upset that Melissa and Jionni didn't tell her this, but she couldn't believe that she brought her around someone this dangerous. She felt guilty as a grandmother for allowing this to happen. As much as she liked Jionni, she loved Melissa more. And her safety was more important than anything.

One by one, Rodrigo was bringing people onto his side.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 2.3K 24
A/N, Warning: this book is so old and I made it when I didn't know how to write properly, so it's kind of ridiculous and not logical. There's grammar...
9.3K 339 39
Cameron Black is the school's nice guy. He has the perfect life. The perfect girlfriend, the perfect family. Nothing bad has ever really happened to...
160K 3.6K 32
Andy Love is the good girl. Sure she does her homework, hell she's smarter than the teacher with all the work she does out of school. Although she do...
258K 7.2K 25
**ITS AN OKAY BOOK BUT ITS NOT PROFESSIONAL OR VERY WELL WRITTEN OR THOUGHT OUT, IT IS INDEED VERY CLICHÈ AND I WOULD PREFER IT IF YOU READ A DIFFERE...