Chapter 14 - Tongue Tied.

Now that it was Thanksgiving Break, this was a time for people to start celebrating the holidays with family. Melissa's family usually liked to get things prepared a few days earlier before their dinners, so they started inviting relatives from the Philippians into town. Every year, Melissa helps Maria make dressing, macaroni, and vegetables while Louis and Rodrigo handled everything that had to do with meat. Melissa didn't want their same usual and traditional thanksgiving, though.

She wanted to do something fun.

"Hey mom, dad, how about the family do something different this year?" Melissa asked.

"What do you mean, Melissa?" Maria asked.

"Like why don't we wind up partying in the backyard and dancing to a little music instead of sitting at the table bored and looking at each other blow up like fat pigs?"

"Hey, watch your mouth Melissa." Rodrigo said in a serious tone. "Thanksgivings are supposed to be celebrating things that you're appreciative for, not throwing a party."

Melissa sighed as she helped Maria mix the macaroni. While helping, Melissa's phone buzzed around in her skirt pocket.

It was a text from yours truly, Jionni.

Jionni: You doing anything on Thanksgiving wit yo fam?

Melissa smiled, pausing and texting him back.

Melissa: No. Why, did you have something in mind?

Jionni: Well I was wondering if you come to our Thanksgiving party today? My family start this shit early since we have two thanksgiving parties after.

Melissa: What time does it start?

Jionni: I'll meet you at my house @ 4.

Melissa smiled again, looking up at her parents.

"Is there any uh......more food that you guys want me to get?" Melissa asked. "Like....grocery stuff?"

"Yeah sweety I need you to get everything on this list for me." Maria nodded as she handed Melissa a list.

The list was long. It was perfect for Melissa. She grinned, walking slowly towards the door.

"I'll be back soon." Melissa lied.

And as soon as she stepped out of the door, she headed straight to Jionni's house. What did she and Jionni do as soon as they headed over to Jionni's family's house?

"Talkin' shit over twitter, but y'all know we be thuggin'!" Melissa and Jionni chanted loudly over the blasting music as Melissa bobbed her head with her shades on.

Blasting Lil Snupe and driving, of course.

"Talkin' bow, fuck around and show up at yo' town! Mossburg kill you, and every nigga that you round! Niggas tryna play now, cause my cash long. Drop 'em off in Jonesboro, they won't last long." They continued. "I ain't knockin' you bitches, I'm just watchin' you bitches and y'all be talking loud so i'ma get to droppin' you bitches."

Jionni froze, quickly turning to Melissa as she continued to jam to the music.

"Y'all hoes love Snupe, so I be coppin' you bi-"

"Aye Lissa, wait!" Jionni said as he cut down the music. "We fogot' to get you an outfit!"

Melissa froze as she stopped at the stoplight, glancing back at Jionni.