Oreos||BWWM

By cocoapebbles

Some people like the cookie. Some like the cream. I like them together, with some milk of course. But, I'm no... More

Oreos
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3*
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10*
Chapter 11*
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18*
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue
Current Family Tree
AN: I got proposed to
It's up!

Chapter 12

79.5K 3.6K 1.5K
By cocoapebbles

July 18, 2014

Reagan typed on her Mac Book computer as she talked to a client. "Yes, I understand that, Ms Simmons, but you need to realize that this is a Prima Facie type of case. If you're not guilty, which we all know you're not, then you have nothing to worry about when the trial comes," Reagan assured.

She nodded as she continued typing, sending the document to Sandra Daniels, a fellow co-worker. Nathaniel walked by, stopped in front of her.

He cleared his throat to get her attention, she glanced up, rolled her eyes and went back to work. Nathaniel sighed, "step into my office, please".

Reagan kept her eyes on her work, "I'm busy".

"I am your boss. Make time," he said, walking away.

She huffed, but stood up anyway, trailing behind him to his office. Reagan walked in, shutting the door loudly behind her making him jump from his chair. He cleared his throat, adjusting his tie, motioning toward a leather chair in front of him. "Please, sit".

Reagan stubbornly shook her head no," I'm fine standing," was her reply.

Nathaniel stood up, walking around his charcoal black desk, stopping right in front of Reagan. "This has gone on long enough, Reagan. It's been weeks, three to be exact. I am sorry," he emphasized every word on the last part, making her even more irritated with him.

She scoffed, laughing humorlessly, "you keep saying that, it's all you've said to me-".

"Because I am," he yelled, cutting her off, already not liking the way their conversation was headed.

"Then, act like it, God damn it," she pulled her curls in frustration, stomping her foot on the carpeted floors.

"I am acting like it! But, I can't be forgiven if you don't forgive," Nathaniel's patience was waring thin, hanging on by a mere thread, he felt as if he were being attacked, cornered. He didn't like that feeling at all, not one bit.

Reagan's cheeks grew hot, not with embarrassment, but with anger. She was livid at this point. "Are you blaming me for your forgetfulness," she asked, clenching her fists.

Nathaniel shook his head, "quit putting words in my mouth, I never said that, none of it". At this moment, he felt like pulling his hair out, he rubbed his temple, feeling a headache coming on. "You act like I was the only one there, pinning all of this on me, share the blame," he mumbled, not realizing she'd heard him.

"Excuse me," she shrieked, putting her hands on her hips.

"It's just as much your fault as it is mine," he defended.

She laughed, "oh, please, last time I checked, I don not have your type of equipment. I don't wear it, you do," she sassed, shifting her weight on her right leg.

"You should have known if I wore one or not".

Her vision become blurry with tears, but she refused to let them fall, she'd been so emotional lately. "I didn't know what to feel, Nate. Excuse me if I did not realize it, but you have no right to pin this on me," she blew out a breath, making a strand of hair shift to the side.

"I want you to think, think about how I felt. Put yourself in my shoes, in my position, that's all I ask, Nathaniel". Reagan honestly was not that angry to begin with, but this conversation just made her blood boil.

"You don't understand-".

"No, you don't understand, Nathan," she seethed, continuing. "You were my first everything," Reagan choked out. "My first kiss, my first boyfriend, my first time," she sniffled, feeling hot tears run down her face. "First love," she whispered.

Reagan wiped them off furiously, only to have them replaced by more. Nathaniel stepped closer, moving in for a hug, but she swatted his hands away. "Don't touch me, Nate," she felt her knees give out, sending her to the floor with a small thud.

Nathaniel was, needless to say, stunned at her confession. How much more innocent could she get, he thought. And, to think I took all that away from her.

She brought her knees to her chest, wrapping her arms around them, her back against the large mahogany doors. "Just answer me this," she sniffed. Nathaniel looked down while she looked up, meeting his saddened eyes.

Good, Reagan thought, he should feel bad.

"If I never found out, would you have ever told me," her voice was so soft, yet raspy from all the crying she'd done.

He shook his head, "no," feeling guilty.

More tears streamed down her face, this time, she didn't bother wiping them off. "Was I some kind of joke to you, Nate," she asked, not bothering to look up at him.

"Never," he immediately answered.

Reagan continued, ignoring what he just said, "if you would lie to me about that, what else would you be dishonest about," Reagan asked more to herself.

She sniffled, watching him as he slid down beside her, his legs sprawled out on the floor. "Did you only tell me you loved me to have sex with me," it was a fair question, one that has been running wildly through her mind since that day.

"Of course not," he was offended and hurt she'd actually think such a thing. "I may have been dishonest, but I would never lie about loving you, Reagan". He stayed silent for a while, staring into her beautiful chocolate brown orbs. "It wasn't sex, baby girl, I made love to you. There's a difference," he then added.

"Don't downgrade what we did to some thing as sleazy as that. You make it sound like a drunken one night stand, forgotten".

"My bad," Reagan murmured quietly, he cracked a smile.

Nathaniel cupped her chin, leaning in for a kiss. Reagan moved her head, making him kiss her cheek instead. She caught a whiff of his aftershave, a huge wave of nausea hitting her immediately.

Her hands slapped over her mouth, standing up hurriedly, Reagan ran to a black dustbin at the corner of the room, emptying out all the contents in her stomach. She felt his large hand come behind her, holding up her hair as well as patting her back in a soothing manner.

Reagan wiped the corner of her mouth with the back of her hand, "sorry," she croaked, feeling embarrassed at what he just had to witness.

"It's fine, don't worry about it," he held her close, letting her rest her head on his lap. He raked his hand through her hair, "what have you eaten today," he questioned, absentmindedly drawing tiny hearts in her palm.

She thought back, her mind going completely blank for a second before she realized she'd eaten nothing. "Um, I had a bottle of water".

He stopped drawing the shapes, "a bottle of wa-," he cut himself off. Gently, he stood up, bringing her with him, "we're going out to eat, come on," he did not even bother waiting for an "okay", pulling her towards his door.

"Nathan," she chimed, looking straight, not giving her attention to the questioning gazes of the office.

"Yeah," he too was uncomfortable with all the eyes on them. Quite frankly, if they paid that much attention to their work, all would be well.

"Your aftershave smells terrible".

He chuckled, "thanks".

"Welcome," she replied, pressing the button for the first floor on the elevator.

_________________✍

"I'll have the double cheese burger, curly fries, a blueberry muffin," she tapped her finger on her chin, skimming the menu briefly. "Oh," Reagan exclaimed, pointing excitedly as Nathaniel watched on over her, amused. "Can I get the ice cream sundae with chocolate syrup, and caramel syrup, and-".

Nathaniel stopped her, smiling, "just give her all the toppings," Reagan nodded in agreement. The middle aged waitress tried to keep up with her outrageous orders, writing them down quickly on her mini note pad.

"Oh," Reagan remembered, tugging on the woman's uniform sleeve, "do you have have any quesedillas," the lady nodded, turning back around. "And, hot sauce," she added, bouncing up and down her seat.

He stared at her for a while, then looked up at the waitress, "I'll just have some coffee," he handed her the menu. "Thank you," he said as she turned away.

Minutes later, their food was served. Reagan dug in immediately, eating as if this were her first meal in months. Nathaniel chuckled, sipping lightly on his coffee as Reagan scrunched up her nose in distaste.

"You don't even like quesedillas," Nathaniel pointed out as she dipped them in her small hot sauce bowl.

"I know. Weird, right," she questioned, moaning as she took a bite. Nathaniel felt his trousers become tighter around his groin at the sound. He groaned, squeezing his legs together on a weak attempt to calm his N.J. down.

Now is not the time, he kept repeating in his head.

"Reagan," he called. She lifted her head up, wiping the corner of her lip with a paper napkin.

"Hm," she replied, taking a sip of her water, washing down her food. She took a big bite of her muffin, eating as she listened on. Why she was so hungry, she had no idea.

"Would it really be that bad to have a kid with me," he asked. "You got so angry with me, it makes me think the worst possible scenario to you would be having my child".

She shook her head, completely disagreeing with him. Reagan swallowed before speaking, "that's not it at all," she assured. "In fact, having your child brings a smile to my face".

He breathed a sigh of relief, "good".

"Why do you ask, anyway," she was honestly curious.

Nathaniel shook his head, "no reason," he raised his hand, calling the waitress over. Paying the bill, Nathaniel stood up along with her, "no reason at all," he murmured as they walked out to his car.

□■□■□

I rewrote this chapter like four times. -.- Still not satisfied.

Um, fun fact: They were never supposed to fight, Reagan was just suppose to sort of forgive him on the spot. But, I don't listen to myself, so, that's how it turned out.

[2019 add-in: Guys, I know this book is cringe. I know Reagan sometimes acts like a right git. Hence, my extreme shock every time I see new votes on this garbage. I was an impressionable kid who genuinely didn't know better. The charter school I went to? No such thing as health class or sex ed. Not a damn thing. I guess they expected us to rely on good ol' common sense and the outside world to teach us that shit. How I even knew that much at that age? I had 3 older siblings, fucking Wattpad, and a traumatic experience. Please, get over it. The rewrite will be so much better. Thanks.]

I was going to say happy father's day, but I'm like three days late, so who cares!

Who watches The 100? That season finale tho!

Till next time, Cocoapebbles.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

511K 23.1K 47
I wanted a baby. I really, wanted to have a baby.. Actually it wasn't an option right now, considering my super hot boyfriend knocked me up... I was...
24.3K 940 44
"I just thought..." I begin, flustered, not really sure where my words are headed. He shakes his head. "We can't," he states, removing my hand from h...
45.1K 1.1K 31
~ Featured 2× on @StoriesUndiscovered's Reading List Tales Of The Heart. ~ Featured on @WattpadEmpowered's Reading List Monthly Spotlight. ~ Winner...
141K 5.6K 51
HIGHEST RANKING-1st in wedding! {23/05/18} & 1st in Laugh! {11/08/18} 13th in Romance! {03/12/18} Sequel to Mr Hulk's Jelly Bunny->Can be read as a...