The Rumor Mill

By bettyboo125bo

Tracey was your average teenager, that's until she lost everything. Her home, her parents, even her friends... More

Rumor Has It [story preview]
Ch. 2
Ch. 3
Ch. 5
Ch. 6
Ch. 7
Ch. 8
Ch. 9
Ch. 10
Ch. 11
Ch. 12
Ch. 13
Ch. 14
Ch. 15
Ch. 16
Ch. 17
Ch. 18
Ch. 19
Ch.20
Ch. 21
Ch. 22
Ch. 23
Ch. 24
Ch. 25
Ch. 27
Ch. 28
Ch.29]
Ch.26
Ch. 30-Final Chapter

Ch. 4

15.1K 202 15
By bettyboo125bo

Chapter 4

"So, how well did you and Andrew make up last night?" It was Sunday afternoon and the sun was shining at it's best. Because yesterday was the longest night of my life, I slept in. I was sitting at the counter eating a bowl of Cap'n Crunch when Yvette finally came downstairs.

She shhhed me as though I was yelling in her ears. "No, we didn't do anything if that's what you mean," she seemed a little grunchy when she said it.

"What? No action?" I laughed in a sarcastic surprised.

Apparentally she didn't get the joke, because she gave me a smugg look before rolling her eyes. "Oh please," she mumbled, still whispering, "he just kept going on and on about that Keisha girl, and how he really likes her, and how he doesn't want to hurt her, and blah blah blah blah blah."

"Who's Keisha?"

"You know, his girlfriend." she made quotations marks with her finger as she said girlfriend. I started laughing again.

"I thought her name was Tasha?" I corrected, imitating her quotations marks with my fingers when I said Tasha. "And why are you whispering?" I questioned. She coldly looked at me again. She walked over closer to me, so she can make her whisper lower.

"Because," she whispered. "I'm mad right now, and if I get as loud as I wanna be, it'll wake him up and then he'll want to know why I'm yelling, and then I'll have to make up some crazy story about how it's all your fault, and ugh! Where was all this loyalty stuff when he cheated on me?" Her voice got louder with each word she spoke. I was kind of glad she got to the point where she could joke about their situation now.

She was right about waking up Andrew, because he came walking into the kitchen looking disturbed. He looked at Yvette, then at me, then back at Yvette. "Good morning ladies," he greeted us before taking a seat beside me at the counter.

"So, Yvette tells me that you two didn't do anything last night," I mentioned to Andrew before I headed to the frontroom with my cereal.

A slight smile crept up onto his face, while Yvette turned her back to hide her embarassment. I made sure I was out out sight, but not out of hearing range, it was something I was good at. "Look Vetty, I really like Tasha, okay. And I'm not sure if we should go down that road again, at least not yet," he assured her while she kept her back towards him and nodded in agreement.

"Aren't you gonna say anything?" he asked while getting up and cautiously walking towards her. She didn't say anything. "Aren't you gonna insult her, or say something negative?" he asked, inching closer. She didn't say anything. "You gotta say something," he insisted. She turned around to face him.

"I hope she makes you happy."

"What?" he seemed surprised and confused as he looked anxiously around the room. "Am I being punked?"

"No," she continued. "You said you didn't wanna go down that road again, and I absolutely agree. I wish you and Tanya the best."

"It's Tasha."

"Oh, I know. But remembering would take effort and interest, and I could care less about the slut."

He let out a sigh of relief as he moved in closer to her. "There she is," he sighed and laughed.

"There who is?" Yvette asked curiously.

Andrew put his hands on her face as he pulled her face closer to his and whispered, "My Vetty." Then he gently laid his lips on hers.

My phone rung and I was excited to hear his voice. "What are you doing?" I lodged out on the sofa while I listened to his melonic voice.

"Nothing worth talking about? What about you?" I was laying on my back now, looking up at the customized ceiling fan.

"I was wondering if you were still up for that movie at my place or your place, since we never got to it?" he asked.

"Of course, but I think we should go to your house. It's getting a little heated over here," I insisted as I glanced in the kitchen at Yvette and Andrew kissing.

"Okay, I'll pick you up in a few," he agreed. I left my dishes on the coffee table, headed up to my room , and got dressed. When the doorbell rung, a chill ran through my body.

As I opened the door, James stood there looking like a movie star. I will never understand how I got so lucky. I was surprised when I realized he didn't live that far from me.

His house was around the same size as mine, just more decorations, the kind that a mother does. I started walking up the front pathway when he grabbed my arm. "Not this house," he explained while leading me to a smaller house deep in the backyard. There were no trees, so you could see the main house perfectly.

"You have two houses?" I was shocked.

"Well, it's just the guest house. I convinced my parents into letting me stay here instead. I told them it'll teach me responsibility," he explained with a chuckle under his breathe. It looked like a miniture version of the main house. The inside was surprisingly big and in the shape of a circle on the inside.

He lead me to the frontroom, it was well organized. In the back of the of the frontroom was the bedroom. It sat on a higher platform, you had to walk up about three steps to get there. There was a half wall that divided the two rooms. A while had passed, and we were having a great time.

We talked about the serious things and the funny things. There was never an ackward pause or anything. It was like we both opened up to each other without even knowing it. We were sitting on the couch talking, James said, "I have to admitt, I thought you were kind of crazy when I first meet you; with the whole paper thing."

I laughed as I recalled the first time I saw him three months ago. It seemed so long ago, like we've been friends forever. For the first time, there was a pause, not an ackward pause, but a waiting on something kind of pause. He got up and turned on the television and DVD player. "We're suppose to be having a movie night, remember?" He chuckled at how corny the term 'movie night' sounded.

He popped in a scarey movie called Hitcher. It's about a hitchhiker that kills whoever picks him up.

He turned off the lights and sat down next to me on the couch. Whenever a scary part came up, I shrieked and covered my eyes, he laughed at that. When the movie was over, he turned on the little lamp that was sitting next to the sofa. "Do you wanna watch another movie?" He implied while getting up and heading towards the television.

"Something funny this time," I suggested, "I have the get the blood gushing scenes out of my head." He turned to laugh at me while I shivered at the thought of human intestines everywhere. As the movie started, he came and sat back in his spot next to me. He turned off the lamp before settling into the couch.

From the little light showing from the t.v., I could see he was staring at me, like a blind man seeing the sun for the first time. "What?" I asked curiously. He turned to face me and asked,

"We've been knowing each other for a while now, huh?" I could tell he was very interested in knowing.

"Yeah, about two, three months know," I replied. He looked as though he wanted to say something, but held his tongue. "What?" I asked again. What is it you wanna tell me? He shooked his head as I settled into my spot; close to him. Then suddenly I felt his smooth lips going from the bottom of my neck, to the lomb of my ear.

The warmth of his breathe sent chills through my body. He let out a shaky sigh, and whispered in my ear, "Do you mind if I kiss you?" At first, I couldn't speak. My mind was in another world; a world where it was just him and me.

All my problems went away, along with the blood gushing scenes. I turned to face him and look into his eyes. I could tell that he was hoping I would say I didn't mind. "I don't mind," I managed to choke out, remembering to breath. And his lips laid gently but passionately on mind.

They felt like the softness of cotton. At first, we were kissing carefully, but then I couldn't resist him any longer. I started kissing him with more determination. He gently laid me down on the couch while never letting our lips part. His left hand leaving it's previous spot on my cheek and slidding softly down the right side of my body.

I, against everything in my body, pulled away. "I guess we just ruined our whole 'friends' image, huh?" I joked while trying to catch my breathe. It was by far the best kiss I've ever had, and I could tell he felt the same, because he looked speechless when I pulled away.

"Oh well. No one believed that anyway," he joked. Through the rest of the night, we didn't talk, but our lips kept in motion.

The next morning was just as bright and shiney as it was yesterday. I woke up in James' bed, the warmth of the covers made me want to stay there forever, until I realized what day it was and we were suppose to be at school. I hopped out of bed and quickly ran to find James. He was sound asleep on the couch, where I last remembered being.

I shook him awake while noticing the clock. "What?" He mumbled curiously from his sleep. When he opened his eyes, they followed my finger as it pointed at the clock.

As soon as he noticed the time, he jumped up and headed towards the bathroom. "Wait," I yelled at him to stopped, "I have to go home and get ready, too." He throw me his keys to his grayish black 2009 Cadillac. "Are you serious?" I asked surprisingly.

"Yeah, I'll just drive my dad's car. He won't mind," he said.

"But then they'll know that I spent the night."

"Yeah....so?" He implored under a chuckled .

"But won't they be upset?"

"Why? It's my house, remember?" he reminded me. I headed out the door, when I felt him grab my hand to stop me. He turned me around and kissed my lips. Once I was in his car, I took off towards my house. Yvette's car was already gone, and mine was still in the driveway, untouched. I rushed in the house and headed upstairs to my room. I grabbed a fancy red blouse and a pair of skinny jeans.

Once I was done showering, I put on some red stilettos. I decided to drive my own car to school because people at school don't know that James and I are an item now, and me driving his car would bring up gossip. When I arrived at school, I was surprised to see it was still first period.

When I walked in Mr. Hart's class, he greeted me, as always, "Miss Turner, I'm glad to see you could make it!" I looked around to see that James was already in his seat. He was talking with his friends when I entered and didn't notice me when I came in. But when Mr. Hart acknowledged my presence, he looked at me and started grinning that winning smile I've always adored.

"Sorry I'm late," I apologized while looking back at James. First period came and left. The only thing I remember is James and I working on yet another project given to us by Mr. Hart. I had a feeling that people were beginning to realize how close James and I were becoming, because everyone kept glancing continiously at us.

Some of the girls were even giving me snotty looks, like I stole something from them. I noticed one girl out of them all, I recognized her from the the first day. She was the one who had her purse in the chair so I couldn't sit infront of her. I think her name is Porsha, at least that's what I heard people call her.

She was the main one who looked at me wit disgust. James didn't seem to notice, he was to busy watching me. Second period wasn't any better. Yvette was already in her seat when I sat in mine. I could tell she wanted to interrogate me with her questions, but she knew that doing so, would make me do the same.

So she sat there conteplating on what she was going to do. To my surpise, she didn't say anything. Mrs. Hall came in and started on her questions, as usual. "Okay everyone quiet down," she announced while walking to the board. "Who can guess what it means to have a stream of consciousness?" I saw Yvette pull out a piece of paper and started writing. She handed it in my direction without even looking at me. It read:

We need to talk. ASAP!!!!!

As soon as lunch came, I saw Yvette motion for me sit at her table with her and her four friends. I didn't recognize any of them, except for one girl that was in my first period. I think her name was Amanda, she had long, curly,blond hair with tanned skin. I took the sit between her and Yvette, who were watching me as I walked up. "So is it true?" Amanda asked me as soon as I sat down.

I looked at her with confusion, and saw that she seemed very interested to know. "Is what true?" I honestly didn't know what she was talking about.

She leaned in closer as if it was top secret, "Are you dating James?" I looked at the other girls.

They all seemed anxious to know my answer. YES! YES! I'm dating James Adams! I pretended like I didn't know what she was talking about. Has he been telling people? Should I start telling people? "What makes you say that?" I questioned her. How long were we suppose to keep this 'just friends' thing up anyway?

"Well, it's not exactly a tongue twister," the girl sitting next to Amanda commented bluntly, her name is Janay. She had black hair cut into a shoulder length bob with a brown complexion.

"See, Porsha thinks you two are, and now she's mad. I told her she was just being paranoid," the girl sitting across from me stated, her name is Daisey.

She looked like the girly type, you know, 'break a nail - end of the world' type. Yvette, who's been surprisely quiet, put her input in. "Oh please. Porsha's just a jealous slut that needs to mind her own business. James isn't her concern anymore."

That made me stop and face Yvette, who obviously knew what I was about to ask. "What do you mean anymore," I questioned her.

"She means that Porsha and James had a off and on thing a couple of months after school started, way before you came along," the girl sitting beside Yvette finally spoke. It took me a moment to notice, but she was one of the many friends I made in my other class.

I didn't recognize her with her curly hair pulled into a ponytail; her name is Tiara. "Until she broke up with him," Janay muttered with disbelief.

"Well, like Yvette said, it's none of Porsha's business what he's doing with his business," I stated while checking out the four girls' face expressions.

They all let out a surprising gasp as they stared at me; eyes wide and eyebrows up. "So it is true!" Daisey yelled in a loud whisper across the table.

"I didn't say that," I chuckled as I pointed out to her.

"But you didn't deny it either," Amanda accused while raising an eyebrow.

"Oh," I suddenly remembered the letter Yvette had given to me in second period, "Yvette, didn't you wanna talk with me about something?"

"No, it can wait," was all she said on the topic. She seemed anxious to tell me, but only in private.

"Well, well, well. Look who's skipping class," Amanda pointed out while everyone followed her gaze. James had come in the cafeteria with some of his friends. I did everything in my power not to smile as the girls turned to see what my reaction would be.

"He doesn't even have this lunch," Tiara explained to me while still waiting on my facial expression.

I looked down at my full tray of food as I felt a smile trying to force it's way to the surface. "I don't see why you'd deny it anyway. James is by far the hottest guy in this school," Daisey confirmed.

Even though she wasn't looking directly at me, I could till she was looking at him. I noticed that he was in the food line now with Timothey. I found an oppotunity to go to him when Amanda and Tiara mentioned that they forgot to get something to drink. They handed me they're money, and I was off to see my man.

As I walked up I heard Timothey give him a heads up I was coming. James turned to face with that smile of mine. "Hey," he greeted with satisfaction.

"What are you doing in here? I thought you didn't have this lunch?" I questioned him.

"See, it all started when," he reached for an hamburger while beginning his story, "Mr. Washington was talking about how eating a lot of fast food was bad for your health, and it made me kinda hungry."

"So he let you just walk out of class?" I asked suspiciously as we continued moving down the line.

"No," he admitted again while grabbing an orange, "I'm suppose to be running an errand for him." He informed while showing me the hall pass. I laughed at how extremely adorable he can be when he's admitting something.

I grabbed and paid for two drinks while we were at the cashier now. "You thirsty?" James asked jokingly while lightly tapping the two bottled drinks.

"No, it's for Amanda and Tiara," I explained while playfully pulling the drink out of his reach.

"Amanda and Tiara," Timothey repeated flirtatiously. I almost forgot he was behide James in line. He slowly grabbed the drink out of my hand. "I'll take these to Amanda and Tiara," he promised while heading towards the table I left them at.

I heard Timothey's loud mouth shout, "Have no fear! You're prince is here!"

I heard them all let out a exhuasted sigh while Yvette bellowed, "I should've known you would come 'cause I was having such a nice day." James and I laughed as we headed to an empty table. I felt eyes on us as we walked passed people sitting at their table.

There were a bunch of girls sitting down at a table over James' shoulder who were staring at me with hatred. As I observed them, I spotted Porsha, obviously the ringleader. "So," I started, "You and Porsha, huh?" I mentioned as I glanced back at Porsha. She was still gazing in our direction.

James stopped eating his burger and looked at me. "Yeah, so you finally heard about that. It took longer than I thought......" he babbled on about how it would've happened when we first started hanging out.

"Is it true? Were you guys off and on?" I pressed, trying to get him back on task. He put down his sandwhich as he began to inform me.

"Yes," he admitted. "But believe me, we've been completely off for a while now."

"Well," I began curiously. "What happened between you two?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean....why did she break up with you?"

He stopped eating and looked at me. This was a look I've never seen before, it was like he was trying to convince himself along with me. "We just didn't have much in common," he stated before continuing his food. I waited for him to say more, but it was clear that's all he was going to say about it. We chatted a little while longer until I convinced him that he should go back to his class before his teacher realizing how long he's been gone.

As we said our goodbyes, I saw Porsha looking at me again, with the hatred as before. Okay, clearly she needs to get over herself, I mean, she's the one who broke up with him. I went back over to Yvette table while they were finishing up a conversation. "Okay ladies," Amanda began when I took my seat.

She seemed very excited about what she was about to say. "I'm gonna have a little Girls Night In at my house tonight around oh-six hundred. Nothing too big, I'm not throwing a party. It's just gonna be a little pampering thing, you know, with massages and makeovers and stuff. So make sure you come," she was extremely excited to be hosting a pampering session.

* * * * * *

When me and Yvette got home, we decided to to relax by the pool in the backyard. We both had on swimsuits, because it was too hot outside to be wearing extra clothing. I wore a lovely hot pink bikini that had a glitter-looking fabric to it, while Yvette had on a yellow one piece that exposed her navol area. We laid on the lounge chairs beside the pools. "So," I began, "What did you wanna talk to me about?"

"Oh, I was just gonna ask what you did over James' house yestersday, since obviously someone didn't come home last night?" she accused while turning on her side to face me.

"If you must know, we just talked and watched movies," I explained. She gave me a disappointing and confusing look.

"So you're telling me that you guys just talked all night? About...stuff?" she seemed very confused and suspicious by my comment.

I turned to face her with a huge grin on my face. "He did kissed me," I admitted, trying to lighten up the mood. All of a sudden, Yvette became excited and eager to know more.

"What?! How did it happen? When did it happen? Is he a good kisser? Ooh, what happened afterwards...?" the questions quickly poured out like someone knocking over a glass of water.

She kept asking different questions every minute that I answered the ones I remembered. "Well, we were watching a movie, then he mentioned how we've known each other for a while now, then he started kissing my neck, and you know the rest." I explained while looking at her facial expressions.

She started to asked more questions when I interrupted with my question interrogations. "What happened with you and Andrew? When I left, you two were all over each other," I really was curios to know. She rolled back over on her back and stared up into the blue sky.

"I'm pretty sure we're back together," she commented.

"But what about Tasha?" I asked curiously. My question seemed to catch her off guard, because for a moment she didn't say anything.

"That's the downfall..." she finally answered. There was an ackward silence until we heard a familiar voice call my name. Everytime I heard his voice or saw his face, it seemed as though it was the first time.

"I'm back here!" I called back to him.

When he came, he was as excited to see me as I was to see him. "Wow," he stated before, leaning over to greet me with a soft passionate kiss, then leaned back up to greet Yvette.

"I'm guessing your here to get your car out of my parking spot?" Yvette teased before taking a dive into the pool.

"That's what she said," I laughed as James gave a playful yet guilty shrug to her comment. I pulled on a white swimsuit dress before leading him towards his keys, which were in my bedroom.

He looked around my room, noticing the only colors were green and cream. Everything was, including my cream walls. "I take it your favorite color is green?" he asked while observing my room. Our favorite colors seemed like the only thing we didn't discuss.

"How'd you know?" I humored while taking his keys out of the side table and handing them to him. He was looking around finding green everywhere.

Then he looked at me like I was crazy. "What? Green is a very calming and relaxing color," I responded. He continued his gaze. I sighed as I began to explain my favorite color. "It just reminds me of nature. It makes me feel like I'm outside even if I'm stuck in the house all day," I explained to solve his confusion.

When we got downstairs, in the living room, he pulled me close to him and asked, "You want to have dinner with me tonight? I know this place that serves the best bread sticks ever."

"As temping as that sounds, I can't," I confessed. He seemed shocked as he shook his head in agreement. "Amanda's having a Girls Night In at her place tonight and I've already told her I'd come."

"Amanda in our first period? She's throwing a party?" he questioned while he let me go. He seemed surprised at the thought of sweet and innocent Amanda having a so called party. We were standing on the front porch now. The cool breeze felt good against my skin.

"It's not a party per se," I corrected. "It's a pampering party."

"Oh, that's when a bunch of girls get together and talk about their boyfriends, huh?"

"You can say that."

"Well, don't talk about me to much....and have fun."

"I'll try," I sighed sarcastically. When he mentioned he was my boyfriend, it brung up my previous question. "Speaking of boyfriends," I began as I stepped off the porch.. "Have you told anyone about us yet?" A look of suspicion and curiousity spread across his face at the same time.

"Well, I kinda think everyone can pretty much tell," he paused with the confusion rising again. "Wait, you didn't want us to be non-exclusive, did you?"

"Oh, no not at all! I like being exclusive. Exclusive is good, but, I just didn't know if we were telling people." He stepped closer to me, I finally realizing the huge gap that was between us.

"Well I told all my friends that me and Miss Tracey Turner are together, so they'll know you're off limits," he confessed while gently stroking my cheek with soft right hand.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and gave another sigh while I started my sentence, "Well I guess I'll have to enlighten your fan club that me and Mr. James Adams are together."

He chuckled at the tern fan club. "Fan club?" he asked.

"Oh come on,"-I began accusingly-"you can't seriously tell you haven't noticed that just about every female at school wishes she was your girlfriend." He shrugged his shoulders in response. We kissed before he started off the porch. "Talk to you later, boyfriend," I shouted before he got into his car. I liked the fact that he's my boyfriend now. He showed his perfectly white teeth, got in his car, and drove away.

Amanda's house was huge, and although it isn't hard to find, Yvette and I decided to take her car since she's been there before. I was surpised to see a lot of cars parked around the house. Anyone could mistake this for a party, just minus the booze and loud music. When we got to the front porch, there was a sign hanging on the big antique screen, althought the main door was wide open. The sign read:

Greetings to all this evenings guest! If you weren't invited, you MUST ring the door bell. If you were invited, then come on in and meet everyone else in the living room!

P.S...I'd look real closely at the "Beware Of Dog" sign to the left of this door if you're planning on coming in uninvitedly...

Yvette and I obediently made our way into the living room. It was the biggest front room I've ever seen in my life. There were white, silk, see-through cloths hanging from the balcony above. I followed the balcony with my eyes as it lead me to the stairs it was connected to. Everything seemed antique-like, even the furniture.

As Yvette and I took a seat on the white leather couches next to the hunormous fireplace, I noticed one set of eyes that didn't lose focus of me; Porsha. She seemed rather surprised that I was there, but I could care less. "Thank you all for coming," Amanda announced as she stood infront of the fireplace.

"There's just a couple stages of pampering that we're all going to do tonight, so feel free to mix them up to your liking. Stage One: Make-Me-Over, which is where you'll get a full on, highly professional salon makeover. Stage Two: Nails For Show, where you'll get manicures and pedicures of your choosing. And, for those of you who really need it, Stage Three: Stress Free, where you can relax and enjoy the evening while getting a full on massage," Amanda directed while everyone started cheering at all the things they were going to do first. "Oh, and there's also refreshments and such in the kitchen," she paused. "Okay ladies, let the pampering began!"

"I'm going to get a massage first!" Yvette shrieked to me as she headed towards Stage Three, I noticed Porsha over there as well. Daisey came up to me and pulled into the direct of Stage Two. All the stages were in a complete circle, so you could see everyone. She sat me down in an empty chair as she sat in the seat next to me. All eyes were on me like I was doing something wrong.

"Okay Tracey, just give it to us straight," Daisey began as everyone got quiet.

The only thing you could here was water running, hair blow-dryers, the nail lady filing my nails. "What are you talking about?" I asked, knowing what she meant. You want me to admitt it infront of his ex-girlfriend? I wonder what she'll say?

"You know exactly what she's talking about, you and James," Janay stated bluntly. She was at Stage One getting her hair spiral curled.

Everyone yelled their own comments at once, "Tell us!" "It's not hard to guess!" "Why deny it?".

"Okay! Okay!" I shouted as I held up my hands in surrender. They all looked at me, waiting impatiently. Porsha sat up and faced my direction along with the others. "If you must know, James and I are dating," I confessed while standing up from my chair. Everybody let out another sea of comments as I was edging towards the kitchen.

"Now that I've confessed that, I'm going to get me some refreshments," I told them before heading out the door. In the kitchen, there was a table full of snacks. There were cheese and crackers, fruit salads, and other delicious treats all circled around a huge punch bowl filled with fruit punch. I decided to get some fruit and a drink, when Porsha walked in.

She stopped at the door frame and folded her arms over her chest. "So, you're James' new girlfriend? I noticed he had a little pep in his step lately, but who would've thought it was because of you," she stated while I was putting some fruit in an individual bowl.

"Yeah, who would've thought," I mocked while filling up my cup with punch.

"You know I broke up with him because he cheated on me," she admitted while walking towards me. It took me off guard.

James wouldn't cheat, would he? Of course he wouldn't, he's too sweet for that. Maybe she's just saying that to get under my skin, so why should I believe her? "Porsha, I know you don't like me. So do you actually think I'd believe anything you tell me about James?" I chuckled while I suspiciously turning to face her.

She had a an empty bowl in her hands now, and started filling it with fruit. "It's not that I don't like you, I just don't want to see you make the same mistake I did," she answered simply.

"And what mistake is that?"

"Believing him. Believing that he's this perfect boyfriend that I'd finally found."

"Why are you telling me this?" I questioned her suspiciously. Either she's a very good liar, or she's telling the truth. Either way, I'm not going to allow myself to believe anything she's saying.

"Because if he did it to me, then he'll do it to you. Look Tracey, I know him better than anyone, trust me," she said, her voice strong with authority.

"Well sorry, but I don't trust you. I don't even know why I'm having this conversation with you," I started out the door when she started speaking again.

"It was on Halloween," she yelled. That made me stop dead in my tracks. Where is she getting at? "It was the night of the Halloween Party the school was throwing. He told me to meet him there, because he'd be running a little late. Little did I know that he was picking up another girl."

"Are you trying to say that he cheated on you on the night of Halloween?"

"Not only that, but he brought another girl to the dance so that he could flaunt her around in my face."

"And why would he do that?"

"Because that's who he is," she paused. "As soon as he gets tired of one girl, he moves on to the next one without even mentioning that it's over."

"I know James, he wouldn't do that."

"Like I said, no one knows him like I do."

"Maybe you don't know him at all," I snapped back. I was getting a little irritated by her accusations. She let out a low chuckled.

"Look Tracey," she began. She stepped closer to me. I put down my cup of punch and my bowl of fruit. "Just because you two have been 'hanging out' a couple of months doesn't mean you know the real James Adams."

"I know enough to realize that his ex-girlfriend is a little too obsessed with what he's doing in his spare time. And she really needs to watch out, because she's really starting to make his previous girlfriend very irritated," I reassured her. Amanda came in the kitchen when I said 'very irritated'.

She looked at Porsha, then looked at me. "What's going on in here?" she asked while inching in closer.

"Apparentally Stage Three doesn't work very well," I stated before grabbing my cup and leaving the kitchen. When I got back into the Spa Circle, I was happy to see that everyone was on another topic.....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

212 3 23
Yvette Perez, put up for foster care as a six year old, now eighteen, dreams of fitting in yet staying hidden. On her first day of school, she finds...
38.3K 490 77
A lively, Energetic and wierdly insane 14 year old girl finds out what love,life and well... everything really is like. She has to face her backstab...
1.8K 98 44
"So what did you think of the assignment?" He persisted in getting an answer but Bailey had another conversation already in mind. "I noticed you loo...
222 30 13
The main character fell for a popular boy in their high school. For multiple months, the main character has been hiding themselves from this boy, Tal...