Marry Me || C. Pulisic

By Dancer9816

In which it's too late for him to tell her. More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
11.

10.

703 10 1
By Dancer9816

|| I'll try to make it through without crying so no body sees ||

"All rise for the bride."

I take a deep breath and bite down hard on my lip as I turn and wait for Sabrina to appear with her father. Mom squeezes my hand, and I squeeze back. This is going to be the hardest thing I'm ever going to do.

I gasp slightly when I see Sabrina. I saw her earlier, but this is something else. She's in her dress now; she's got her bouquet of magnolias like she had when we were six, and she began planning her perfect wedding. She looks amazing. It's really sinking in that she's getting married today, and it's not to me.

Her eyes are only focused on Alex who's standing at the alter with her grandfather. She had a big smile on her face. Alex covers his face with his hand and wipes his eyes a bit as he sees Sabrina walking towards him. He walks to meet Sabs and Chandler. The two men shake hands, with Chandler patting Alex on the shoulder. Sabrina and Chandler hug tightly, and he kisses her cheek. Alex offers his arm to Sabrina who links her arm with his, looking up at him happily. He looks down at her. They both look at each other like they're looking at their world. They walk to the alter and stop a step or two away.

"Who gives this woman away to be married?"

"Her mother and I do," Chandler's voice is choked with emotion. After he speaks and sits down, Sabrina and Alex walk so they're right under the alter. She turns and hands her bouquet to Alissa. The two of them to face each and hold hands.

"Friends, family, we are gathered here today to celebrate the union of Sabrina and Alexander. They have decided to wed and live the rest of their lives together," Joshua smiles.

"Sabrina says that when she first met Alexander, she thought he was incredibly attractive and was upset that he was the TA for her class because that meant she couldn't do anything, and she got more upset as she got to know him better. She needed tutoring because admittedly, she wasn't really paying attention to the class. She was staring at Alexander-especially his butt." Sabrina's jaw drops and looks away giggling. Alex smirks as he laughs while looking at Joshua. Everyone else laughs as well.

"And Alexander says he thought she was incredibly beautiful when he first saw her-"

"Awwww," everyone coos, but I sink further into the chair trying not to let a disgusted look on my face.

"He says that as he got to know her better while tutoring her, he couldn't wait for the semester to be over so he could ask her on a date."

"Yeah,"Alex smiles winking at Sabrina which makes her laugh.

"Sabrina says she knew Alexander was the one for her when he joined us on a family cruise, and he got along with everyone in the extended family. That meant a lot to her."

"Alexander says he knew Sabrina was the one for her when he had his first solo trial as a lawyer. He was incredibly nervous, and Sabrina skipped classes to sit outside the court room to be there with him."

Joshua keeps talking about the two of them and how their families reacted to them dating and now getting married. I look down at my hands and sigh. I zone out and just watch Sabrina. She looks so incredibly happy. She tears her gaze away from Alex to smile at her grandfather. Everyone is softly chuckling. I wasn't really paying attention, so I didn't hear what was funny.

"If anyone has just cause why these two may not be married, speak now or forever hold your peace." 

Mom discreetly looks at me. I stay quiet. I'm not going to ruin the happiest day of her life. She's my best friend. I just can't. I blink rapidly to try and hold back my tears. Mom squeezes my hand tightly.

"Do you Sabrina Ivy Green take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do."

"Do you Alexander Matthew Hart take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do."

"Sabrina, place this ring on his finger as a symbol of the love that encircles the two of you and recite your vows." Sabrina turns and takes a small decorative note card from Alissa.

"Well I didn't expect Grandpa to tell everyone I almost failed your class until you started tutoring me because I was staring at your butt," she and everyone but me laughs, "I love you, so much. You're so kind and caring. You make me happier than I ever thought possible," she folds the note card in half and the slowly pushes the ring onto Alex's finger, "it sounds crazy but while staring at your butt and ignoring the content you were teaching, I was daydreaming about this moment. And it's even better than I ever could've imagined. We're going to make a great life together. I love you," she finishes, her voice choked up with tears slightly running down her cheek. Alex takes his hand and gently brushes them away.

"Alexander, place this ring on Sabrina's finger as a symbol of your love everlasting and recite your vows." Alexander turns and takes a note card from Marcus.

"I'm glad I didn't tell Pops anything too embarrassing-"

"I can fix that!" Marcus interjects making everyone laugh.

"No no. No fixing of that," Alexander laughs.

"Let's fix that!" Sabrina grins.

"Yes! Let's fix that!" Joshua nods, "Marcus, take it away."

"Okay I guess my vows can wait," Alex laughs.

"This is weird," I say into Mom's ear.

"Shh. I think it's sweet and personal."

"Some if you will remember this fondly. Shortly after Rina started hanging with us , we took my dad's boat out on the lake, and Xan fell off it. Multiple times. All because he didn't hear me say 'hang on' since he was busy staring at his girl who was taking pictures with the other girls. And the fifth time he fell off, he lost his shorts!"

"Marcus!" Alex yelps as everyone else laughs.

"I think that's good enough. Continue with your vows," Marcus grins.

"Sabrina, ͏y͏es it's true, I fell off the boat that much because I couldn't help but admire you and how well you fit in with my friends. I admire so much about you. You've got the biggest heart," he starts to put the wedding band on her finger, "you're an amazing woman, and I can't imagine my life without you. You're everything I've ever wanted in a wife. I'm so glad that we're going to be together, forever," Alex pushes the ring all the way onto her finger and squeezes her hand.

"These two have made their vows. Now, by the power invested in me by God and the state of Pennsylvania, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride."

Alex grins and steps forward. He pulls her into him before kissing her. She has her arms around his neck, and his are around her waist. Mom gently squeezes my hand. I sigh and bite my lip. Alex dips her down as they kiss. and they break apart laughing. Sabrina rests one hand on his cheek as he pulls her back on her feet before kissing her one more time. 

She turns to take her bouquet back from Alissa. Sabrina and Alex turn to face everyone while holding hands. She's got a huge smile on her face. They look at each other happily.

"Mr. and Mrs. Alexander Hart!"

I stand as they start to walk back down aisle together. I clap for them and force a happy smile. Sabrina'a never looked happier. I clap as they walk to a horse draw carriage. Everyone turns to watch. Alexander helps her in and then gets in himself. The carriage leaves, and on the back there's a wooden sign that reads

'The Harts
Just married!'

I watch it disappear and then head back to the car to go to the venue for the reception. I lean against the car and wait for the doors to open. When they do, I sit in the back seat, staring at my hands. I'm halfway through this terrible day.

A/N: Only one more chapter to go!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 60 18
Mr. Brightside II How will Sofia and João's relationship survive the new hardships they face ?
21.2K 289 44
status: complete | *𝗧𝗪: 𝗖𝗢𝗡𝗧𝗔𝗜𝗡𝗦 𝗦𝗪𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗚, 𝗣𝗛𝗬𝗦𝗜𝗖𝗔𝗟 𝗔𝗕𝗨𝗦𝗘 & 𝗠𝗜𝗟𝗗 𝗠𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡𝗦 𝗢𝗙 𝗦𝗠𝗨𝗧* she/her pronouns...
307K 6.8K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
1M 54.4K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...