Maybe Tomorrow

diamondelf193

Spontaneous Kim Sungah meets the shy Kim Ryeowook. Helping him overcome his depression and all of his insecur... Еще

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Epilogue

Chapter 2

936 30 2
diamondelf193

Maybe Tomorrow: Part 1

A Day Together:

Ryeowook thought about where he wanted to go. Truthfully, he didn't know. If he had to pick one place, it would be home. 

"I think I know a place you'll like." Sungah smiled, sitting next to him. "I'll let you know when we get there."

Ryeowook thought that was the end of the conversation until she started speaking again.

"I know those boys who pick on you sometimes." She looked at him then patted his hand. "You don't have to take that from them, you know."

He was surprised when her hand remained on his. The blood rushed to his cheeks, turning them bright red.

"You're doing it again." She looked at him with a cheeky grin. A grin he found very cute.

"D-Doing what?" He tilted his head slightly, trying to calm his beating heart.

"Blushing." She giggled. "Keep that up and I'll start thinking you like me."

Ryeowook laughed awkwardly then turned his head to look out the window.

"You don't talk much do you." Sungah sure did talk a lot.

He turned his head and found his heart racing again as he looked into her eyes. Not able to keep eye contact, he tilted his head again and nodded.

"Oh, I get it. You're just shy." She giggled, which he also found cute.

He laughed awkwardly again, not knowing how to answer.

"Don't worry, you'll get used to me." She laughed, patting his hand with hers. The bus stopped, making her excited. She gripped his hand and stood up.

"We're here, come on!" She pulled him off the bus and ran to the other side of the street. He looked at the building in front of him. It was big.

"Where are we?" He asked her.

"Where do you think silly? It's Dongdaemun!"

He recognized that name. One of the best stores in Seoul. They had come to Seoul? If they miss the bus back to Incheon, he'll get in big trouble.

"Why are we here?" He asked her feeling confused.

"We can't exactly walk around in our uniforms all day!" She grinned. "Come on!"

She pulled on his arm and ran inside.

"Let's do you first!" She looked so excited. Why was everything about her so cute?

She pulled him into a store for men's clothes. 

"You can pick anything you want, as long as it looks nice." She let go of his hand so he could be free to look around. He didn't have money to pay for stuff like this. Did she know that? What was his style anyway? Suddenly, Sungah awkwardly approached him and tapped his shoulder. 

"Hello, sir. Do you need help?" She smiled like she was an employee. Ryeowook couldn't help but laugh a little.

"Just browsing." He smiled at her. She smiled and nodded her head. At that moment, something caught his eye. She stepped closer to him, putting the heat back in his cheeks.

"You see something you like?" She smiled sweetly.

"Y-Yes." He smiled back.

"Hey. It's impolite to stutter." She looked him in the eye. "And you shouldn't blush at employees." She gently poked his red cheek. Ryeowook ducked his head away from embarrassment. Did she really have to acknowledge every time he blushed? She noticed his embarrassment and just laughed.

"I'm just kidding." She grinned. "Your blushing is cute! Blush all you want!"

All he could do was slightly laugh.

"So do you know what you want?" Sungah got back on topic. 

"Yes." While Sungah was goofing around, he was busy putting an outfit together. He showed her the nice designer jeans and a dark blue sweatshirt. He also picked a nice black hat to match.

"Oh, those look so nice together!" She grew excited again. "Come on, let's go buy it!"

She immediately took out money so she could buy his clothes. She's so nice, but why was she doing all this for him?

"Here!" She happily handed him the bag. He took it and she grabbed his hand again.

"Where to now?" He asked.

"I need something too, silly!" She laughed as they ran out to go to another store. They went upstairs to look at girl clothes.

"I'm going to need your help." Sungah looked at him seriously. "You have to tell me what looks best. Okay?"

"O-Okay." He answered.

"Good." She smiled. She smiles a lot. Doesn't anything upset her?

Sungah went through a few outfits, switching, combining. Was putting an outfit together really this difficult?

"Ryeowookie, help me." His heart fluttered from her saying his name like that.

"W-With what?" He asked.

"Would this hat look good with this dress?" She showed him the hat with the white dress. The hat was brown. He thought it would look okay.

"Does my opinion matter?" He smiled nervously.

"You have a good fashion taste."

Was that a compliment? An actual compliment?

"I do?" He lifted his head, trying to show a little non-existent confidence.

"Yes!" She grinned. "I want your opinion!"

"I think the red one would look better."

"Why?"

"W-Well, the dress is white, and it has a red belt around the middle, so it would match well."

"See? You're so good at this! Do you think red high heels would look nice?"  She smiled like she seemed to always do.

"Yes, I think so." He replied nervously.

He didn't really know what to say. He couldn't just come out and say she would look beautiful. At this point in time, aren't comments like that off limits?

"Yay! Thank you Ryeowookie!" She grinned, showing her teeth and gums. She threw her arms around him, making him freeze. "Come on!"

After paying for all of Sungah's stuff, she brought them to the bathrooms.

"Go in there and change!" She poked his shoulder.

"What do I do with my uniform?" Ryeowook asked confused.

"Silly, you put it in your bag!" Sungah giggled, wiggling her shoulders. "Go on! And remember to wait for me." She went into the bathroom to go change.

"I will always wait for you." He mumbled quietly. His thoughts about this morning, being sad, became very fuzzy. He forgot about how sad he was; how sad he has been.

He walked into the bathroom and into the stall. He did as she said and put his uniform into the bag. He left the stall in his new outfit and looked at himself in the mirror. Sungah was right, he did have a good fashion taste. He never knew that about himself. He walked out of the bathroom and patiently waited for Sungah. She came out shortly after he did, and he could swear his heart stopped. She looked so beautiful. The white sundress with the red belt, the red sun hat, high heels. It all looked so perfect. 

"You were right, Ryeowookie! This is my new favorite outfit! Thanks to you!" She giggled happily. That smile will be the death of him.

"Well don't just stand there with your mouth open silly! Let's go!" She grabbed his hand once again and they ran off outside.

"Where are we going now?" He asked, feeling his happiness rise higher and higher.

"We walked past an ice cream stand on our way in. I want some! You too!"

Sweets? Sweets were not something he needed.

"Oh, that's okay. I don't need any." He awkwardly smiled, trying to hide his insecurity.

"But I'll feel guilty eating it by myself." Sungah whined. How could he say no to her?

"If you insist." He smiled, agreeing with her.

"Yay! You're the best, Ryeowookie!" She wrapped her arms tightly around him, making him tense.

Why did he never hug back? He was just shocked that a girl, a beautiful and nice girl, would ever want to hug him. She released him so she could go buy ice cream. She is just the ultimate ray of sunshine, Ryeowook thought as he waited for her. He was right, she definitely was. Shortly after his thought, she returned with two ice creams and handed one to him.

"Let's go sit on the bench!" Sungah pointed to a nearby bench. They both sat down and began to happily eat their ice cream.

"So," Sungah licked her ice cream, "do you remember me yet?"

Ryeowook looked at her confused.

"Should I?" Ryeowook asked her. 

"Yes! I know it was a long time ago, but I didn't think you could forget everything." 

"Refresh my memory." 

"We both took piano lessons when we were kids. I remember you were very good." She answered. "You called me Flower Girl because I always wore flowers in my hair."

"Oh! Flower Girl!" Ryeowook smiled like a little boy.

"Yes!" She laughed. "I remember you were very good. But when the advanced classes started, you stopped coming. Why did you stop?"

"Th-There were financial issues." Ryeowook felt so embarrassed. His parents couldn't afford continuing lessons, no matter how talented he was. Sungah patted his shoulder.

"It was very lonely without you." Sungah admitted. "I had no one to call me Flower Girl anymore." 

Ryeowook didn't know what to say.

"I-I'm sorry." He stuttered.

"It's okay. It's not your fault. Besides, we're gonna be in high school soon. I'm happy I finally got the courage to talk to you again." She smiled. "You know, before we part ways."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm transferring."

"Transferring? Where?"

"I'm going to an arts school." She smiled.

"What are you going to do there?" He asked, trying to hide his inner sadness.

"I'll get to play piano, draw, and write music. I can't wait to go." She held his hand again. "Promise you'll be okay without me. Okay? And promise to always visit me outside of school. Promise?"

She lifted her pinkie finger.

"What will happen if I break this pinkie swear?" Ryeowook asked.

"You know what? I don't really know. But do it anyway."

Ryeowook laughed and wrapped his pinkie finger around hers.

"Kim Sungah," Ryeowook began, "I promise that I'll be okay without you. I promise to always see you outside of school, and never forget you!"

"You swear?" Sungah asked. It didn't take Ryeowook long to think of his next move. He answered with newfound confidence in his heart.

"I swear."

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

6.4K 664 45
For the past year, San has been battling what he likes to call 'memories' - visions that were much too real to be fake. No matter how hard he tries t...
185K 6.9K 53
She was everybody's ideal girl, despite of being silent and a loner, she was admired by every student because she's pretty, smart and have exceptiona...
1.1K 48 31
「 ✦ 𝙏𝙖𝙚𝙠𝙤𝙤𝙠 ✦ 」 "𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘢 𝘤𝘳𝘶𝘴𝘩 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵.. 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦 𝘑𝘦�...