Love You Like A Love Song

By Sweetpeas

SEQUEL to She Bakes Cupcakes - For Sophia Connelly's final year of high-school, her family wanted her to go t... More

Love You Like A Love Song
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty - Part One
Chapter Twenty - Part Two
Chapter Twenty - One
Chapter Twenty - Two
Chapter Twenty - Three
Chapter Twenty - Four
Chapter Twenty - Five
Chapter Twenty - Six
Chapter Twenty - Seven
Epilogue II

Epilogue I

42.2K 787 89
By Sweetpeas

Okay....this is the "edited" version of this chapter to keep my story PG-13 for the Watty Awards.  If you want the full naughty version, you can find that in my Restricted Chapters section.   18 and over ONLY PLEASE!!!!

Please COMMENT and VOTE and I would ask that if you are only going to cast one vote, please make it here because this is where it counts for the standings!! 

Thank you again so much for all of you that have supported my story along the way.  I truly appreciate it!!

Enjoy!   S  xo

Epilogue I

Six Years later

Honolulu, Hawaii

James’ POV

I trailed the tip of my fingers down her cheek, along her throat, across her bare shoulder and down to the tips of her fingers where I entwined our hands and snuggled closer to her.   I placed a tender kiss at the base of her throat and inhaled the fruity scent of her hair and the sensual scent of our love making only several hours before.

I stared down at my beautiful wife who was sleeping like an angel.   Although she looked like an angel right now, she was a she-devil not many hours ago.    I chuckled to myself thinking back so many years ago, my naughty wife made me wait until we were twenty before giving me her virginity.   Then after that wonderful night that she secretly booked and surprised me with, there were many more nights booked in hotels after that one.  We did anything and everything just to be alone together.

So many things have passed throughout the last six years.   We both went to university and got our degrees.  I ended up after two years at USD, switching universities and going to one out of state.   It was a huge decision, one that I’m glad that I made.  It was hard leaving Sophia, but the two years that I was away, made me realize even more that we were meant to be together.  Being away from her was probably the best thing for our relationship.  We started seeing each other at seventeen, what better way to test our love then to have us separate and see if our love would survive?   It did survive and my first summer back, I gave Sophia a promise ring.  After we graduated, I proposed.

I came home every long weekend, every holiday, the entire summer was spent with Sophia, family, friends and working at Connelly Construction.  Probably one of the hardest parts of being away was when Sophia had surgery again.   The first time I was home, it was during the summer, but the second time, I was in school and I could only come home on the weekend.  That literally killed me not being there for her.

 I designed Sophia’s and Isobel’s studio, I even designed our new home, which by the time we get back, should be completed.  Lucky that I have two awesome brother-in-laws seeing to the finishing touches and making sure everything is going as planned.   I was honoured when Matt and Isobel asked me to design their new home as well.   Family was definitely making my work life interesting and busy.

I laughed at my father-in-law Josh, so protective he is of his Angel’s, that when the double lot across the street from his home went up for sale, he purchased it and gave it to us, Matt and Isobel as wedding gifts.   The large lot got sub-divided and we both have built new homes on there.   Nick and Claudia with their two daughters, Alessia and Julianna live next door in the home that Angie originally purchased.   They have since torn down that older house and have built a new one for themselves.   And Tyler, well he lives just down the block from the rest of us.   When the old run down corner house went up for sale, he quickly snatched that up and has built a new house as well.   He and his fiance are living together and are planning a small quiet wedding in the Fall.  She’s a single Mom with an adorable daughter the same age as Nick and Claudia’s first daughter. The two girls get along great.  His fiance Leanne, her daughter Olivia are an nice addition to our ever growing family.

 I’m working now as Director of Design with my father-in-law and Nick.   I have a staff of eight and I love my job.  It’s like a dream come true.  Sophia and Isobel opened their own dance studio, Dance Express, and have been doing extremely well.   Matt is a lawyer working in his Father’s law firm.   His Father has been tough on him, not letting him take the easy way out just because he’s his son.  If he wants Partnership, he’s going to have to earn it.   It’s why we couldn’t leave sooner on our honeymoon because Matt had to be in court.

Matt and Isobel almost didn’t make it.  He made a huge mistake and broke up with her for an entire year.   It was during the first year that I was away in school out of state and it was very hard on everyone.   Isobel was distraught, she always thought they were going to marry and when he broke it off, she took it extremely hard.   Sophia had to step in and help her sister try and get through it.   I had called Matt many times, trying to figure him out but when he called me up one night, told me he made the biggest mistake of his life and asked me how he could get Isobel back, I had to help him.   In the end, it all worked out, although he did not get a very warm welcome back from Mr. C, Tyler and Nick.  Matt had to earn his trust back with them and with Isobel.  I think their break-up ended up working in their favour because they have been inseparable ever since.  

You never know how good you have it until it’s gone and Matt learned that the hard way.

 Sophia has done several more videos, even for some other artists, her name is getting around.  I love my wife though, even though she’s been chatting with celebrities, she’s still the down-to-earth girl that I fell in love with and married.  She still refuses to be in videos and I’m grateful for that.  She just loves what she does and doesn’t want any more recognition or anything.  She won’t even have her name placed in the credits.

We’ve been in Hawaii now for three and a half weeks, on our honeymoon with Matt and Isobel.  We still have another few days in paradise left to go and I wanted to make the most of it.  We married the same day, it was pretty much inevitable, the twins did everything together.   We’ve been married now for almost two months, happiest time of my life.   We are in a rented villa that my father-in-law called in some favours to get for us.   It has four large master suites, hot tub, pool, games room, private cook, housekeeper, chauffeur and the best part, our own private beach.  

Sophia and I have a suite overlooking the ocean, with our own private balcony that is large enough to have a party on.   Matt and Isobel also have an ocean view but they face the mountains, opposite end of the villa from us.   We both like it that way, we are together but still on our own at the same time.  The four of us pretty much do everything together but sometimes the need to be alone is nice and having suites far from each other gives us that freedom.

We were out late last night, dinner and dancing at a local restaurant not far from the villa.   We’ve taken a few tours, even hopped on a small plane and spent a few days in Maui.   We’ve been down to Waikiki a few times, very trendy, touristy area with great shopping and the beach there is awesome.  But then again, it doesn’t compare to our own private beach.  Tomorrow we are going snorkelling in Hanauma Bay.

Sophia’s stirred in my arms and released a soft sensual sigh.  Hmmmm....I wonder what my sexy wife is dreaming of?   It better include me in it.   She nestled her beautiful bottom in my groin and tugged our entwined hands between her breasts.    I knew she was awakening when she brought our hands up to her lips and she placed soft kisses to the palm of my hand.

Oh....I like where this was heading.  

When I awoke some time later, I knew that I was alone.  I felt a cool breeze in the room and noticed the sliding doors to our balcony were left open, the gauzy white curtains billowing with the breeze.  The breeze entering the room was nice, the floral smell drifting in from the garden just below us.  I could smell the salt from the ocean as well, it wasn’t unpleasant, actually I was use to it now and enjoyed it.

I found my t-shirt and my boxers that were thrown around the room, and stepped outside.   Sophia was leaning against the railing, looking out towards the ocean, she was wearing the pink negligee that she put on last night.  She has a suitcase full of them and everyone that she’s put on has only lasted two minutes tops before I almost tore them off of her.

I slipped my hands around her waist and pulled her up against my chest.   I kissed the side of her cheek and whispered, “You okay?”

“Mmmm,” she dreamily answered me, wrapping her arms on top of mine, not taking her eyes off of our private beach.

I nuzzled her hairline, just above where her scar was, I placed a tender kiss there and asked her one of my favourite things to ask.   “Tell me what you see?” I murmured my voice husky with emotion whenever I ask her this.

“The waves are softly coming in,” she told me quietly.  “I can see the gulls walking along the shoreline looking for some breakfast that has washed up.”  She paused for a bit.  “It’s another beautiful Hawaiian day, not a cloud in the sky.   I love the way the sun reflexes off of the waves, makes the water look as though it’s shimmering.”

I squeezed her closer to me and kissed her again.  “What else?” I whispered in her ear.

“The garden is beautiful, so many pretty flowers in bloom, multitude of beautiful colours.   The grass is lush and soft, I still remember how soft from the other night when we made love under the stars,” she chuckled and I groaned at remembering.

It was just past midnight, the entire house was quiet and Sophia wanted to walk in the moonlight.   So much for walking, when we hit the gardens and saw how secluded they were, we were tearing our clothes off before we could even contemplate what we were doing.   It was so romantic making love outdoors on a sultry night.  The fragrance of the grass and flowers, the chirps from the nearby crickets and the sounds of waves coming from the ocean sounded so beautiful.  We definitely have to make love once more there before we leave.

“Oh...James, look at the beautiful catamaran,” Sophia squealed and pointed out towards the ocean.  She turned towards me now and wrapped her arms around my neck.   “Maybe we can do that this afternoon?”

“Anything you want baby,” I said placing a kiss onto her lips.   Before we could deepen the kiss, my cell beeped letting me know that I had a new text.   “Probably Matt and Isobel,” I told her heading back into our room.

I checked and sure enough it was them.  “They want to meet up for lunch.  Hungry sweetheart?” I asked her.  I was starved.  It was late, almost noon and after several bouts of lovemaking, I could eat a horse.

“Hmmm....not really, I’m still feeling a bit queasy,” she told me rubbing her tummy lightly.

“You been getting too much sun Sophia, today make sure you were you sunhat all day,” I said walking up to her and wrapping my arms around her waist.  She’s been nauseous too, a clear sign for heat stroke or heat exhaustion.   I kissed her forehead and then released her to go and look for some clothes to put on after we shower.

“Hey you two,” Isobel grinned as we met up with them on the outdoor patio.   Her and Matt must have started before us because they both had a plate of food in front of them.    I didn’t think we took that long.  I would have conserved water and showered together but my wife, she was smart and realized that if we showered together, showering is exactly what we would not be doing.

“Hey guys,” I answered them pulling out a chair for Sophia to sit and then sitting down next to her.  “What did Marietta make for lunch today?”

“Chicken skewers, potatoes, some salad and she put some corn on the barbeque,” Matt told us biting into a piece of chicken.  That was one luxury that we truly enjoyed, Marietta is an amazing cook so we didn’t eat out often. 

I got up and went into the kitchen and grabbed a plate for Sophia and I.  When I got back, I overheard what Isobel was asking.   “What’s wrong?   You’ve gone from pale to almost green,” Isobel said concerned and walking around the table to see her twin.

“Oh my god,” Sophia said fanning her face.  “The smell of the chicken is making me gag.”

“Really,” Matt said looking down at his plate and then looking back up.  “It’s really good, you should try some.”

“No, thank you,” Sophia whispered, a hand at her mouth almost like she was going to puke.  She got up quickly and ran towards the pool.   

I put down both of our plates and was about to go after her when Isobel told me to sit, she would see if Sophia was okay.   I started eating, even though I didn’t feel like it anymore, because now I was worried about Sophia.  I knew she was getting too much sun and she didn’t wear her hat much yesterday and we were swimming most of the afternoon.

“What’s going on between them?” Matt asked me, his fork poise in mid-air as he stared at his wife and mine.  I turned to look at them and Isobel was hugging Sophia and now Sophia was rubbing her eyes, like she was crying.

“Beats me,” I said rising to go and see them.  Isobel ended up meeting me halfway, said that her and Sophia needed to run out for a few minutes, they would be back shortly.

Matt and I finished eating and hung by the pool in some loungers.   The girls were gone now for about a half hour and I was still worried about Sophia. She was pale when she left and she told me not to worry, that she was okay, but still, how could I not worry?

I took a sip of my beer, the coldness of it easing down my throat, it was another really hot day.   I looked over at Matt and watched him, he was grinning, staring at nothing in particular.   “What?” I said.

He just shrugged his shoulders. “I enjoyed this,” he told me.  “This honeymoon has been great.  I hate to go back.”

“Me too,” I said and as much as I love my job, I loved spending time with my beautiful wife more.  “You know, when Josh suggested Hawaii for our honeymoon, I wasn’t thrilled about it.   But this?” I told him and looked around at our surroundings.  “This is paradise.”

“Hell yah,” Matt agreed taking a swig of beer.  “I’d come back here in a heartbeat.”

“We should try and make it back every couple of years, next time Tyler and Nick should come as well,” I told him looking over my shoulder to see if the girls were back yet.  

“Ya, the nieces would have a blast here,” Matt said chuckling.  “Although with all the kids around, it won’t be as quiet or romantic.”

“True,” I said sipping my beer.  “But then again, we all would have our own suites for some privacy.”

We sat there for another hour, shooting the breeze and I couldn’t help be worry even more of where the girls went.  They said they would be back soon, but it’s been an hour and a half and Sophia was wanting to go on a catamaran.  It was already getting late and I knew they ran them until two hours before sun down, but I really did not want to go out that late.

“We’re back!” Isobel announced as she came through the patio doors off of the kitchen.  “Did you miss us?”  She went and sat on Matt’s lap and gave him a quick kiss.

I looked over my shoulder thinking to see my wife but nothing.  “Where’s Sophia?” I asked her twin.

A sly grin I got now from her.  “She’ll be down shortly,” she told me snuggling closer to Matt.

Sophia walked through the patio doors now a few minutes later, she held something in her hand and she looked like she was happy, but she was trembling too.   I quickly got up to meet her.   “Hey,” I said kissing her and pulling her to sit with me.   “You okay?” I said rubbing her back.

She just nodded at me and then looked up at her sister.   “Okay Matt,” Isobel said standing up and tugging on Matt’s hand.  “Let’s go.”

“What?  Where?” Matt answered but still got up.

“No, you both can stay,” Sophia said to them and then took the small box she had in her hand and handed it over to me.  She shyly smiled at me, a blush tinted her cheeks.  At least she looks better than before.  The colour in her cheeks has come back.

“You sure?” Isobel asked her twin, her eyes twinkling in merriment.  What were these two up to?

“Yes.   Sit...both of you,” she told them and gestured with her hand to the lounge chair that they just vacated.

I pulled off some of the tissue paper, I was very curious to see what I would find inside.  She ran out to buy me a gift?   I lifted open the lid of the box and pulled away a bit more tissue paper, the first thing I saw was a small white top, it was nicely folded but the word that struck me hard was the word Daddy printed on the top.   I lifted it up and it was a teeny tiny onesie that said..Daddy Loves Me...Aloha from Hawaii.  I noticed the box wasn’t empty and staring at me was the pregnancy stick with the positive sign on it.

I couldn’t control my emotions, neither could Sophia because I saw her quickly swipe a tear away.   I knew it was a possibility, we weren’t using any protection.   Six months before our wedding date, Sophia went off of the pill.  Her not being blind anymore, she didn’t need to be on it.  What I wasn’t expecting was that my girl cut me right off and made me wait until our wedding night for us to make love once again.  She said that we’ve never used condoms before, she wasn’t about to start now.  So, naturally she made me wait all that time and now that we are married, we’ve been making up for lost time.  I didn’t think it would happen this fast.  I’ve heard of couples trying for months to get pregnant before conceiving and look at us, not even two months married yet and we were already expecting.

I couldn’t have been happier. 

I reached for her and pulled her into my arms.   “I love you,” I whispered into her hair hugging her fiercely.   “I’m so happy Sophia, you make me so happy.”  I could barely control myself, I was going to be a Father!

“I love you too,” she muffled out, her head buried into my chest.

“Wow, congrat guys,” Matt said and patted me on the shoulder.

“Thank you,” I said to him, my voice still shaky thinking about what my wife just told me.  Wow!

Sophia lifted her face from my chest and grinned at me.  Isobel bent low to give her a hug, then she gave me one as well.  “I’m so happy for the both of you,” she told us clapping her hands..   “Yay...I’m going to be an Auntie again.”

I watched as my wife slept on the airplane ride home to San Diego.  She was sleeping against me, snuggled in my arms.   The flight wasn’t long but she tired easily and I wanted her to rest.   Well, as much rest as one could possibly get on an airplane.  Even in first class didn’t guarantee comfort.

I rubbed small tiny circles onto her tummy, our child nestled in there.  Wow...I still couldn’t believe it.  In nine months we were going to be parents , probably less depending on when she got pregnant.  For all we know, she might already be a month along.  Too bad that we couldn’t pinpoint the exact date of conception but I’m going to go with our wedding night.   We couldn’t get enough of each other, I don’t even think we even slept. 

 Yup, I’m going with that night, the night we conceive our little guy.

I kissed her forehead and pulled her closer to me.   I chuckled a bit, I think that Matt was a bit jealous because he asked Isobel to stop taking her pills when they got home.  He said that if we were expecting then they should be too because the twins, they did everything together.  I wouldn’t mind actually, then the cousins could grow up together, so the thought of them having a baby as well made me happy.

I couldn’t wait to tell my parents, I couldn’t wait to tell my in-laws, I know that everyone is going to be thrilled for us.  Now with the unexpectedly pleasant news, I couldn't wait to get home.  The nursery will have to be all planned out and that will be fun to do.

Actually, the thought of going home now made me smile even more.   We weren’t going home in just two anymore, we were going home in three.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you liked it!    Please don't forget to VOTE and I would love to read comments from you!!    S  xo

-------------------------------------PIcture of Sophia's engagement ring set-------------------------->

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

715K 29.8K 25
Stella Wayne is on her way to a bright future. With multiple awards under her belt and the most elite dance school in the country on her transcript...
4.5M 99.3K 24
Pineview High's Football team has a tradition. Before every game the Quarterback throws the ball randomly into the audience, and the lucky girl who c...
45.2K 813 37
SEQUEL NOW OUT. NOT EDITED! Summer Collins is a 16 year old, who's labeled as the Smart Girl in school. She's bullied by most...
6.1M 190K 37
Isobel's world is turned upside down when she meets a mysterious guy who reveals a devastating secret about her boyfriend...