Yes, Sir.

By heyitscelina

"You said you would do anything I said, so jump." I jumped up wrapping my legs around his waist, holding onto... More

Chapter 1: Bumping into New Beginnings
Chapter 2: Always Stand Your Ground
Chapter 3: A Little Attitude
Chapter 4: Look on the Brightside
Chapter 5: Female Problems and Competition
Chapter 6: Embarrassing Errands
Chapter 7: Maybe Not So Bad
Chapter 8: Once a Brute, Always a Brute
Chapter 10: Stuck in the Middle
Authors Note
Chapter 11: Pitching a Tent
Chapter 12: Wet, Scared, and Confused
Chapter 13: Misunderstandings
Chapter 14: Actions out of Character
Chapter 15: Partying with the Past
Chapter 16: Twice as Cocky

Chapter 9: Surprises

221K 5.3K 1.2K
By heyitscelina

Juliet's P.O.V

I woke up to tons of missed calls and messages from Tom, I groaned knowing that the conversation I would be having with him later, would not be a good one.

A knock on the door made me look at the clock on my nightstand which read eight o'clock. I rolled off of my bed and went to get the door. It is way too early for Tom to be up, especially on a Sunday.

I looked through the peephole, expecting to see Tom at the other end, but was surprised to see someone I was not expecting. I opened the door quickly.

"Dad?" 

 "Surprise pumpkin!"

"Oh my god, what are you doing here?" I grinned jumping into his arms for a hug, "Did mom come?"

"No, just me kiddo," he shook his head as I pulled him into the house shutting the door.

"Do you want something to drink? Have you eaten yet?" 

"Your mother is making breakfast as we speak, we'll just eat when we get there."

"We?" I quirked a brow up at him.

"Yes, we," he laughed.

"Mom sent you, didn't she?" I laughed.

"Yes she did," he nodded.

"Is that the only reason you came? Because she told you to?"

"Of course not, you know I miss you terribly," he grinned, pulling me into another bear hug, "Since you left no one is there to protect me from her."

I burst out laughing at that, "She's a small woman dad."

"You know how she used to nag you about marriage and things like that?" he asked.

I nodded in return.

She still does.

"Well now she nags me like that except about housework."

"She always did," I grinned.

"Well now it's doubled since you're not there to distract her from me not doing it," he said throwing his hands up.

"Why don't you just do the housework?" I laughed.

"I thought you knew your own father," he shook his head feigning hurt.

I shook my head at him, "Oh how I miss your humor dad."

"Speaking of humor, your mother wont find it funny if we keep her waiting any longer."

"Why is she so sure i'll come back with you?" I smirked at him, crossing my arms in front of me.

"You know your mother is as sly as a fox, she made me drive your car over."

"You brought my car?" I asked excitedly.

I missed my car so much but I dreaded taking the bus home to pick it up, so I hadn't.

"Yup, she said it would spark your interest since you don't like to take the bus, meaning that you wouldn't be picking it up if someone didn't come get you."

"But you brought it here, I don't have to pick it up anymore."

"Yes, but she also said that you wouldn't let your dear old dad take the bus back home, which means—"

"Which means I have to drive you back home," I sighed smiling, finishing the sentence for him, "You know I could just let you take it back."

"She said you would say that, so she told me to tell you that you love her too much to not fall for her plan," he grinned.

I burst out laughing at that, good ol' mom.

"I guess she's right, let me just get dressed and we'll go. Make yourself comfortable!" I called out as I walked into my room. 

After I got dressed I picked up my cellphone and threw it in my purse making a mental note to text Tom back when I got to my parents house.

"Alright dad, lets go show mom that her plan worked," I grinned.

~

There was no traffic so we made it to the house in twenty minutes. I parked the car on the street and unbuckled my seat belt reaching for my purse.

"You go ahead, I have to text a friend really quick," I nodded at my dad.

"Ooh that's perfect, I'll tell your mother that you didn't come, it'll be great," he snickered getting out of the car.

I rolled my eyes smiling, my dad is such a kid at heart.

I took my phone and typed out a quick message to Tom.

'I'm going to be at my parents house today, i'll talk to you when I get back. I promise! Sorry! xx'

I hit send and threw it back in my purse, hoping Tom wouldn't be that mad at me.

I waited a while longer before getting out of the car, I loved messing with mom, which is a trait i'm positive I got from my dad.

I opened the front door in time to hear mom ranting to dad about me. Her back was turned to me and was focused on something in her hand, probably her phone. Dad caught my eye and gave me a huge grin, clearly trying to hold back his laughter.

"I give birth to her and she wont even come visit! I'm going to call her right now and give her a talking to!"

"Who's getting a talking to?" I called out making her jump and almost drop her phone as she turned in surprise.

"Julie!" she grinned hurrying up to me for a bone-crushing hug.

"Hi mom," I grinned hugging her back just as hard.

"The look on your face Rosa, it was priceless," my dad laughed loudly, "You should have seen it Julie!" 

 Mom let go of me and turned to him, I could tell she was glaring at him since he looked scared, but he kept laughing even as she chased him into the kitchen.

"Robert!"

I grinned as I locked the door before following them into the kitchen, my parents were always joking around like this. It made me miss living here, I had my reasons for leaving, but it had nothing to do with my parents. They were always loving and understanding. They are amazing parents, a little crazy, but amazing nonetheless.

Dad came and hid behind me, imagine that, a six-foot tall grown man hiding behind my small five-foot-three inch frame.

"I told you I need you for protection."

I laughed at my dad as my mom rolled her eyes.

"Just sit down."

~

We spent all of breakfast catching up on how things were going with their friends and the multitude of clubs my mom belonged to.  Can you believe my parents have more friends than me?

We moved to the living room for a short while after we finished eating, continuing the conversation, the topic still being them and their friends. My parents loved to gossip but didn't have anyone to gossip to, which meant they had it all pent up until they found someone who would listen, which happened to be me.

It wasn't 'till my mom asked me to help prepare lunch that the conversation turned to me. Dad had gone to buy who-knows-what, leaving me to endure mom on my own. My mom was great and all, but if you were single and within a five mile radius of her, she'll bring up finding a partner in a flash.

"How's it going with that job of yours?"

I thought back to last night and held back a grimace.

"It's good."

"That's good," she nodded.

"Has it left you any time to look for a man?" she asked nonchalantly, washing the lettuce.

I told you.

I rolled my eyes scoffing, "You could just ask if i'm dating instead of beating around the bush." 

"Are you?" she asked, hopeful. She threw the lettuce in the bowl and was now transfixed on me waiting for my answer.

"No," I smirked.

She narrowed her eyes at me, "Why not? You're pretty, and you have these child bearing hips."

"Mom! Stop it," I scolded swatting her hands away from my hips.

"What? Any man would be happy to take you as a wife."

"When did I say anything about marriage?" I frowned.

"I'm just saying, I find it hard to believe that a daughter of mine doesn't have a boyfriend."

"What is that supposed to mean?" I raised a brow at  her.

"Look at me, aren't I beautiful? Since you come from me you should be fending off boys left and right."

I choked on a laugh, "How do you know it's men i'm interested in?"

"Are you a lesbian?" she asked, furrowing her brows, "Because if you are, my friend Figueroa has a daughter who—"

"I'm not, but enough with your friend's kids. You are relentless!" I threw my hands up leaving the kitchen.  I went to the front door having heard dad's car pull in.

"Dad, mom's on about marriage again," I called out as he got out of the car.

"Sorry pumpkin, I went out to get your favorite ice cream," he grinned at me.

"All is forgiven then," I grinned back taking it from him to put in the freezer for later.

"Leave Julie alone, Rosa. Nobody is worthy of marrying my precious daughter," he said jokingly.

"I want grandbabies Robert!"

Both me and dad choked on our saliva. It's obvious that my mom will not rest until i'm married and pregnant.

"Rosa, she's still young, there's plenty of time for that," he said turning red, clearly uncomfortable thinking of his baby having babies.

"I'm only twenty four mom," I said lamely.

I knew I wasn't ready for kids now, and I wasn't sure if I ever would be.

~

After lunch and discussing things that weren't marriage or baby related, we sat in the living room eating ice cream. My mom decided to interrogate me on why I didn't visit, not taking my dislike for the bus as the real reason, which it was.

"Well then who do you spend your off time with, because it sure isn't us," mom frowned.

"What makes you think I don't spend it alone?"

"She has friends, Rosa. Just this morning she was texting one," dad smiled.

I wanted to glare at my dad, but I couldn't because I think he honestly thought he was helping.

"You never told me about any new friends, who were you texting this morning?" she asked excitedly.

"It was just my friend Thomas," I muttered, and quickly added, "No mom."

"What?" she said with a small smile feigning innocence.

My dad burst out laughing, making me and mom laugh too.

"That's enough talk about that. How about we talk about how it's your birthday next weekend," I smiled at mom.

"Oh you remembered?" she asked suddenly very interested in the floor.

"She didn't know how to tell you," he smirked.

"Tell me what?" I frowned.

We waited for mom to say something, when she didn't, dad spoke up for her.

"She's throwing one of her infamous parties."

I sighed inwardly, my mom was known to invite everyone and their mother to her parties. 

"You will come won't you?" mom asked worriedly, finally speaking up.

I never liked her parties, which i'm guessing is why she was reluctant to ask me. But since it is for her birthday there was no way I could say no.

"Of course I will mom. I would never miss your birthday," I smiled.

"Maybe you could bring Thomas along?" she grinned back to her old self.

"Don't push it, but maybe."

Would he come to another party with me considering how yesterday went, I just hope he isn't too mad at me still...

~

After agreeing on a time to be at the party on Saturday, I said my goodbyes and headed back to my apartment. The drive gave me time to think of what to say to Tom, when I got back I went straight to his door.

I knocked and waited nervously for him to answer the door. When he finally did he opened it wide, silently telling me to come in. After he closed the door and locked it, he pointed to his couch for me to sit down, when I did he finally let me have it.

"Do you have any idea how worried I was!?"

"I'm sorry! I know it was a crappy thing to do," I apologized, looking down at the floor.

"You could have called me or sent me a text! When I got back and I couldn't find you anywhere my stomach dropped and when you didn't respond to my texts or calls, I thought the worst!"

"I'm really sorry Tom, I'm stupid I know that. I promise i'll never do that again, forgive me?" I asked standing up from the couch.

"Oh, come here," he murmured pulling me into him for a hug, my face buried in his chest.

"Then you're not mad at me?" I mumbled into his chest.

"I was but now I'm just glad your okay," he sighed.

"Not even about the other thing?"

 "What do you mean?" he frowned, pulling me away from his chest, so I could speak clearly.

"Nobody told you?" I asked surprised.

"Told me what? What happened last night?" he frowned.

"I may or may not have slapped Mr. Mercier or Graham as you call him," I muttered.

"Is that why you left?"

I nodded, embarrassed.

"I just got so mad and couldn't control myself anymore. I didn't realize what I had done 'till it was too late," I sighed.

"I don't know what's going to happen because of this, but what I do know is that you should not apologize."

"What?" my eyebrows shot up at him, "But I slapped him...your brother. You should be telling me to go apologize."

"And if he hadn't deserved it, I would," he shrugged.

"Why didn't you tell me he was your brother? Gah, I've been talking smack about him this whole time," I groaned.

"Hey, it was funny," he laughed.

 "Not helping," I tried to glare at him but my face broke into a grin.

"Do you really think everything will be okay?"

 "The worst thing that can happen is he fires you. If he does i'll talk to him, okay?"

 I nodded, but  I was still worried. I wasn't convinced everything would go smoothly.

Especially since I've come to realize that Mr. Mercier is full of surprises.

~

This morning I had to literally force myself to get up. If it wasn't for Tom I would not have come in to work today. 

I waited anxiously at my desk for Mr. Mercier's arrival this morning. When he did arrive he didn't even spare me a passing glance. I bit my lip and looked over at Tom, he gave me a reassuring nod.

I waited a minute for him to settle into his office before going in.

"Mr. Mercier, may I speak with you for a minute?"

"About what?" he bit out.

"I wanted to speak on what happened, over the weekend. I was wondering if it will be affecting my employment here."

"So, you've come here to apologize?" he smirked.

My anxious feeling soon turned into anger at his tone.

"No, I don't feel, that I am the one who—"

"Then what did you come in here for, if not to apologize?" he glared up at me.

"You know well and cle—" I stopped myself and started over. 

 "Look," I sighed, "I didn't come in here to fight."

"You don't need to worry about your employment, what happens outside of work is not to affect your job," he glared at the ground, then at me, "But I do expect the same from you."

"What is that supposed to mean?" I frowned.

"It means that relationships outside of the office are to be kept outside of the office."

I scoffed at him, "You mean me and To—"

"You work for me, remember that. I expect you to fix your tone," he spit out.

"I've done all you ask and more, all I ask for is some respect in return," I snapped.

He continued to glare at me and my anger started to dissipate, already tired of this conversation. Knowing that my job was safe was all I needed to go on with life as usual, forgetting about this passed weekend.

"I'm not asking you to like me, okay? Just have some respect," I sighed. 

He sighed putting his face in his hands, with no warning he growled shoving a stack of papers off his desk.

Oh but of course he had to make a scene, he was more dramatic than me!

"What is your problem!?" I shouted at him. I was glad I left his hot coffee on my desk or it would have been all over the floor and me.

"You, you're my problem!" he pointed an accusatory finger at me.

"Me!? You're the one with the rotten attitude! How am I the problem here?" I yelled pointing at myself.

"You just are!"

This man is the owner of a major company and very well educated, and that's all he can come up with!

I bit back a groan knowing that it would get me nowhere.

"I don't understand you, you've been acting weird all week. One minute you're nice and the next you're being spiteful," I frowned glaring at him, "Saturday was the worst and you make it seem like it was my fault, when it wasn't."

"It was, you don't understand!" 

His voice rung out and silence filled the room. The tension grew thicker as did my anger.

I know that! That is why i'm asking you! I am trying to understand! You insufferable man!

I was seething, I clenched my jaw to not lash out at him with my thoughts and settled for yelling them in my head.

I felt him move towards me as I squeezed my eyes shut in frustration, taking a deep breath to calm myself down. Just as I was about to speak I felt a pressure against my lips. A mixture of shock and confusion flowed through me as my eyes shot open and I realized what was happening.

He was kissing me!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

871K 28.5K 64
Rachel Carter gets a job that pays her bills, got herself a dog and a expensive car. but she's growing an attraction for her boss who happens to be e...
265K 9.5K 67
" what?" He snapped at me as he caught me staring at him "So-sorry sir i-i was zoned out" I stuttered god he is really handsome but rude aghhhh "Hav...
970K 32.2K 25
COMPLETED Cole Haynes is one of the most successful businessman in L.A. His job is very important to him and he tries really hard to separate busines...
663K 22K 79
"Do you still have the same feelings for me?" He gently asks. I avert my gaze and look down at the floor. I want to scream at him and say no. I...