my muse - d. swing

By LANISREIGNS

It's the summer of 1991 and Diana moves to New York City to live with her Uncle Andre Harrell of Uptown Recor... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifthteen
sixteen
seventeen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
Author's Note

eighteen

1.9K 75 67
By LANISREIGNS

April 15th, 1992

I was at the Galleria with Mary and Madison and we were shopping. I left Devante's house and now, since that was my parents' birthday gift to me, I have my own crib. So I've been living there ever since my birthday party. I don't know what he's been doing since usually when I'm at the studio, he's not there or he comes before or after I leave. I like it that way. I didn't want to see him cause I was over him.

Right now, we were sitting in the food court eating.

"Girl I'm so glad you left Devante's crazy ass, from what you told us, it seemed like he was gonna kill you" Mary said. "I'm especially happy since his ass disrespected me".

"I'm glad too, I've been through a lot these past two months, I don't need more shit to burden me. I need to be to myself" I told them.

"I never would've thought he was gonna do all that shit, like that was crazy man. But your fine ass best friend whooped his ass" Madison said.

"Fine? Girl ain't you "messin" with Dalvin?" I laughed.

"I mean... we kickin it but, you know, he's a whole little man hoe and ion got time for that. But if he come my way, you know what's happening" she told us.

"Girl... y'all a mess" Mary said.

"Ok then, how are you and K-Ci? Y'all always all up under and around eachother?" Madison asked her.

"We just vibin right now, nuthin special yet" she said.

"Sure Jan" I said as we all started laughing.

After we were done eating, we got up and were on our way out of the Galleria. While I was walking, some guy bumped into me.

"Ayo watch it-" I paused as I looked at him.

This guy was fine as hell. He had a small stache, he was kinda short but I was too so, he had a clean ass black bomber on and Jordans. He was so fresh.

(Ok but Larenz Tate is one of my 90s husbands and he's fine as hell 😍🤤)

"My bad shawty, I didn't see you there" he said as he looked at me.

"It's cool, that bomber fly" I told him.

"Thanks, you fly too" he said.

"Thank you" I smiled.

"What's your name?" he asked me.

"Diana" I told him.

"Well Diana, I'm Corey, nice to meet you love" he said to me.

"Oof" I heard Madison say in the back.

I gave her a look and Corey started to chuckle.

"I wanna kick it with you" Corey said.

"Yeah so do I" I agreed.

He grabbed a napkin from the nearby food stand and he grabbed a pen. He wrote something on the napkin. It was his digits.

"How bout you page me, whenever" he said.

"Yeah, I'll do that" I said.

"Diana, I'll catch you around B" he smiled as he walked away.

Once he walked away, Mary and Madison were giving me that "oop bitch" look.

"Girl..." Mary started.

"Ok but.... that Corey nigga fine as hell" I gushed.

"He is, you need to tap that. I mean, shii he may be better than Devante" Madison said.

"Well, Imma hit him up later" I said.

"As you should" Mary said.

This could be interesting...

later on

We arrived at Uptown and we were just gonna chill at the studio today.

"We should go in the lounge and watch a flick" Madison suggested.

"Facts but what should we watch?" I asked.

"I wanna watch Sparkle" Mary said.

"I love that movie, let's watch that" I agreed.

We were about to walk in and when we walked in, Jodeci was sitting there. Including Devante.

"Hey boys" Mary said.

"Wassup Mary" K-Ci said back to her.

"What y'all doing here?" Madison asked.

"We were just kickin it you know, just chillin" Jojo said.

Devante and I were just looking at eachother. Staring dead at eachother. The tension was so high.

"Well... Madison and Mary, how about we go and, chill in the studio" Dalvin suggested as he looked at us.

"Yeah... that's, that's pretty good" Mary agreed as she looked at us.

They all got up and left the room while me and De were left in there.

".... hi Diana" he said to me.

I didn't say a word to him. I was still very hurt for what happened.

"So you just gonna ignore me? Ight then..." he said after that.

"Of course I am" I shot back.

"There you go" he scoffed.

"Devante, do you really think I'm gonna have anything to do with you after what you did to me?" I said.

"Diana...." he started.

"In case you were too drunk to remember, lemme remind you. You were drunk, again but are we really surprised. Then, you picked a fight with my best friend out of jealousy, called me a bitch multiple times, THEN, after it all, you pushed me and almost strangled me! So yeah, that's why I'm ignoring you!" I exclaimed.

"You're lucky I didn't tell Andre cause your ass would be out of a job real quick"

He just looked at me. I couldn't tell if he was upset or anything. He just had a blank expression on his face.

"Having that being brung up makes me feel like a total asshole" he said.

"No shit Sherlock" I muttered.

"I wouldn't even do half of the shit that you just said, I feel so fucked up for doing that. I'm so sor-" he started.

"This is when I'm gonna cut you off" I interrupted. "Devante all you say is that you're "sorry", just for you to do the same shit. How will I know that you will do the same thing?".

"I- I've been trying Di, I really have. This is all just a wake up call for me" he told me as his eyes started to water.

"I can't be in a relationship where I have to worry if you're gonna hurt me cause you're "drunk", I don't wanna be in that position" I told him.

"I think it's better that we just- break up" I said.

Tears started going down his face as I told him.

"I'll always still care for you De, but it's just better this way. You need help, you need to get it together. Drinking your problems away isn't gonna help anything. It's gonna make it worst" I told him.

"Diana, I'm so sorry for hurting you. I feel terrible for what I've done" he cried.

"It's just better this way, I think it'll be better for the both of us" I said as I got up from my seat and headed towards the door.

"Goodbye Donald"

I walked out of the room, with my head held high and caught a taxi home.

moments later

I got back to my crib and I sat on my bed and sighed. I really just broke up with Devante, for good. Having him out of my life is gonna be very different. But, it's for the better. I'm not gonna be hurt in a relationship. I grabbed my house phone and grabbed the napkin Corey gave me earlier and dialed his number.

"Hello?" he said on the phone.

"Hey Corey, it's Diana. From earlier today" I said.

"Hey Diana wassup girl? How you doing?" he asked me.

"I'm alright, actually... I'm feeling very relieved. Did something that made me very, relaxed" I said as I did a little smile.

"It might actually be good for me".

A/N: hope y'all enjoyed this chapter! also the introduction of Corey, y'all will be seeing more of him too :) stay tuned!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

176K 6.2K 32
π‘πŽπŽπŒ πŸ•ΝŸπŸΝŸπŸ‘ΝŸ devantΓ© swing Β© 𝙼𝙸𝙰 π™Άπ™Ύπ™»π™³πš‚ ❝ what if everything you ever wanted, cost you everything you believed...
71.2K 3.4K 54
[if you haven't read Hazel don't click on this story until you have] This is a continuation of the love story of Nyla-Janae Jones and DeVante Swing...
40.6K 2.4K 27
{Book Two} It's been two years since DeVanté's incident and Morgan has moved to California. Expect MORE drama. Enjoy! ✨ -status: slowly being edited...