Riding With the Wind

By California6

Have you ever run away from someone because they caused you too much pain? In Jessica May's situation, that w... More

Who's There?
Check the Premisis
Dirty Little Secret
Officially Mine
Whatever. -You Too.
Drama Happens
Fighting the Instinct
Run Away Home
Taking Chances
Truth Be Told...
This is Me- Plain and Simple (Maybe)
Letting Go
Say What?!
Watch Out
Unknowingly There
Poor Kid
He Did What?!
Waking Up
Because of You

On the Run From My BFF

788 27 1
By California6

   We ran for what felt like forever until finally slowing. Once we came close enough to a stop, I fell over, gasping for breath. I was suddenly thankful that Erin had reminded me to bring a change of clothes, or else I would have forgotten.

   I slowly got up and made my way behind the nearest tree. Once behind, I quickly changed back to human form and got dressed. As I walked back into the little clearing that we had found, I saw Erin already in human form.

   "That run was so tiring!" I yelled, making her laugh at my laziness.

   "It was only about four miles. I bet you have run more than that in one day before.," she smirked, knowing that she was winning this fight.

   "I have run more than that before, yes, but I have not run that fast and that long in a while. I'm surprised I could even keep up with you. I usually would jog two or three miles, then walk one. I rarely needed to actually run from one place to another."

   "Really? If I were you, I would have been scared to death the whole time, and still now. I wouldn't have stopped running until I was almost on the other side of the earth!" Wow, this girl really knows what she would do if the same thing happened to her, I hope it never does.

   "Yeah, I don't feel the need to keep running and wasting my energy. I am able to know when I am far enough away to be safe, or when I need to run. I would rather only run when that was absolutely neccessary, not just to put more distance in between me and my hunter. Sometimes, distance isn't the most important thing."

   "Just hearing you talk about all of this has me a little spooked out. What do you mean by, 'I am able to know when I am far enough away to be safe, or when I need to run'?"

   "Oh, that. Umm... I am just able to run from unwanted targets, and stay away, without being found." I'm not sure if that is the way to describe it, or even what to call it. I just know that Erin will be the first person that I have ever said any of this to.

   "Really? How so? I have never heard of a Were being able to do any of this before. It's very interesting. Do you mind showing me?" Of course I knew that this question was coming after I opened my big mouth, but I wasn't looking forward to seeing Erin as the enemy, and evading her.

   "I don't know how I can do it, and I don't know if anyone has ever really done anything similar to what I do. I guess I can show you, just don't be offended when you can't find me."

   "Don't worry, I won't be!" She said, her voice filled with happiness as she backed up into the woods. "I will go back to the pack house for two minutes, if that is enough time for you."

   "Yes, that is plenty. After those two minutes, I want you to come back out to this clearing and begin your search. Do not give up until I come and find you, which I will probably do after about one or two hours."

   "I doubt that I will need two hours -let alone one- to find you. I have my own little skill."

   "Okay, fine. Just don't give up until we find eachother. The whole entire woods is fair play, so go back to the pack house and begin counting." I shoved her in the right direction. Once she was out of hearing range, I began my usual rituall that has allowed for me to go unfound for the past year.

   I have no doubt in my abilities, but hearing Erin say that she has a gift has me a little freaked out. What if she finds me, and thinks that it was stupid of me to try and hide? What if she thinks that I lied to her?

   'No' my wolf says, knowing that no one will ever find us if we don't want to be found.

   To begin, I breath in my scent, letting it take over my senses. Once I have done that, I take in the forest, allowing it to be the only thing I'm smelling. I listen, taking in the sounds of animals, and the creek off to the side. I focus mainly on the smell, and begin to imagine that being the only thing able to be smelt.

   When I am done with this, all I can smell is the forest surrounding me, and I am pleased.

   I then allow for myself to feel where Erin is, and right away my instinct to get away from her sinks in. Since I see her as a threat -at the moment- I am able to want to get and stay as far away as possible. Since I said that we have to stay in the woods, I want to show her how my power can be very lethal.

   It has been roughly two minutes before I see her leaving the pack house from my spot in a high tree. She might count being in a tree as cheating, but it is just another part of me. Climbing trees has just always been one of the most natural and calming things in my life.

   I follow her as she makes her way to the clearing, looking cocky all the way there. Once she arrives, she visibly stiffens and looks around. I can tell that she is a little freaked because all that she can smell is the forest, herself, and my past pathes; no fresh ones.

   She debates where to go, and begins heading further into the forest. Next thing I know, she is in wolf form and darting in between the trees. Faster than I have ever seen. This must be her little skill. Nothing compared to mine, but still impressive.

   She makes her way into the forest more, and starts running circles. I just sit up in a tree until I see her starting to search the trees. I know then that it is time to switch gears to another power of mine.

   Once she is out of earshot again, I climb down, not bothering to shift because then she will find my clothes and know I am close.

   I let my mind range out, and I find her, at her farthest point in the circle away from me. I decide that this is the best time because I don't want to push it with her speed.

   Having found her, I sense her as the enemy again, and I get the feeling to run the other way, and I am led to a remote part of the woods. Far away, and it smells as if no one has ever been here except for me, and no one will ever know about my wandering upon this place.

   I sit here for a little while, up in a tree. Watching the grass move in the breeze. She has been on the hunt for well over two hours, and I am starting to get bored. I was planning on coming down, when I hear footsteps off in the distance. I move further up in the tree, to make sure that I go undetected, and freeze in place.

   The footsteps get closer and closer, but I have yet to see their owner. I have thought too soon.

   In walks a gorgeous human. And not just a wolf in human form, but a real human, all normal and stuff. He walks around a little bit, taking in the view, before sitting down and leaning against one of the many trees.

   What is he doing here? So far away from civilization? In the middle of the woods? I ask myself these questions, but know that I will never get the answers because I will never let him see me, let alone know that anyone else is here.

   All of a sudden, a giant wolf breaks into the clearing, and I catch my breath, still not making a sound. The boy looks up, but doesn't react anymore than that.

   This is when I realize that I should not be here. Something is about to go down, and I don't want to know what that something is.

   Moving soundlessly through the trees, I finally get far enough away so that I know they won't hear, see, or even know about me. I throw out my shield, (what I call my power that allows for me to go unfound) and find Erin. She is far away, closer to the pack house than here. I then decide to shift, and go find her.

   After undressing and tying my clothes to my ankle, I allow for my human form to become a wolf. I feel my legs elongate, fur grow, and my claws be set free. And it feels as if I have been set free, in a wierd way.

   I make my way through the woods,  not making a sound, until I get close enough behind Erin to see her tail as she makes her way through a bush and keeps walking. I feel bad about scaring her, but I'm bored and done with this game.

   I slink along the ground behind her, going completely unnoticed. She should really check her back more often. When she is about to walk through another bush, I make my move.

   I leap onto her back gracefully, and feel her squirm underneath me in surprise, before even thinking, she gets to her feet and takes off. I don't bother chasing her, I know that it will do me no good at all, and only make me tired.

   I phase back, and quickly get dressed. I go through the same process as earlier, just in reverse. I now allow for myself to no longer see Erin as an enemy, only a friend.

   I then focus on the scent of the forest around me. Making it the only thing in my nose. After this, I remember my own scent, and focus on it. Willing for me to smell like it. When I take another sniff of myself, I smell my nice scent, and I don't feel as incomplete anymore.

   It is now that I remember Erin an dhow hse ran off. I decide that the smartest thing to do is wait, so I go to our little clearing, phase quickly, howl to her, then phase back. Before I am even completely dressed, I hear a howl returning my original one. She is on her way. Now feeling a little tired from running, I sit down and rest my head on a tree. Hopefully she will get here soon; I'm beat.

   Less than a minute later, she comes running into the clearing in human form. "You have a lot of clarifying and explaining to do missy!" She yells, and I can't help but laugh. This is going to be a long night, and I am really tired.

_____________________

Hello Wattpad universe of people!

I hope you enjoyed this! i tried to focus on jess and her powers and stuff. yu also get to learn more about erin and what she is capable of! this was fun to write, and i hope yu have fun reading it!

COMMENT FAN VOTE!!!!!!

Ariel winter aka Erin!!! ---------------->>>>>

thank you and I can't wait to write another chpt for yu all to read!!!! ;)

~adios,

Cali <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 28K 27
After running away from her pack, Katie accidentally lands in the territory of another wolf's pack. Little does she know that the alpha, turned out t...
473K 4.3K 9
This is a sample of the book. If you would like to read the whole story then please look it up on Amazon or click on the link in the last sample chap...
229K 5.8K 59
Their's all sorts of names for them; deserters, runaways, mutts...but in this world we call them Rogues. Celia ran away from her problems a long ti...
863K 18.8K 26
"Are you afraid of me?" His words came out in a whimper and I flinched away from him. He finally let his forehead rest against mine as he sighed. "Yo...