The Werecats: Creatures of th...

By nofunnybusinessxD

18-year-old orphan Riley was just waiting for a bus home from work that night. The dark shadow just appeared... More

- Before You Read -
- Prologue: Eighteen Years Prior -
- One: Curious -
- Two: Bitten -
- Three: Self Control -
- Four: An Unaccepted Truth -
- Five: Kidnapped -
- Six: Near Death Experience -
- Seven: Two New Friends -
- Eight: Homecoming -
- Nine: History -
- Ten: Nightmare -
- Eleven: Awkward Moments -
- Twelve: One of a Kind -
- Thirteen: Shifted -
- Fourteen: Realization -
- Fifteen: Explanation -
- Sixteen: Representation -
- Seventeen: Baby Steps -
- Eighteen: Thrill of the Hunt -
- Ninteen: Wanted -
- Twenty: Careful Planning -
- Twenty One: Runaways -
- Twenty Three: Surprise Visit -
- Twenty Four: Mocked by Walls -
- Twenty Five: Death Sentence -
- Twenty Six: Emergency Situation -
- Twenty Seven: One Step Closer -
- Twenty Eight: Hell -
- Twenty Nine: Eyes the Color of Blood -
- Thirty One: Children of the Corn -
- Epilogue: Finale -
- A Word from Me -

- Thirty: Escapees -

2.3K 179 10
By nofunnybusinessxD

- Thirty: Escapees -

Dom

"We're gonna die down here." David said for the tenth time.

I had gotten up and begun pacing over an hour ago according to the tiny clock that sat at the far side of our cell. David and I shared a cell but were chained to either side of it. A tiny cot was set up on the other side of the room, which was made completely of metal, but the wires that held us in place were a mere yard long.

"Quit saying that!" I spat.

"Well it's true!" David hissed back, "I mean, how are we supposed to get out of this hell if we can't even use our powers? Or shift for that matter."

"Humans escape from prison all the time. How is this different?" I asked.

"We're a mile below the surface of the earth and our prison gaurds are half cat and have powers." David, pulling on his ankle and being shocked. The wires that acted as shackles were sensitive to touch and if you pulled on them you were greeted by an electical shock.

"Stop pulling! You're gonna get fried if you keep that up." I said.

"Watch." David said. He pulled his wires again and was shocked even harder. He flinched but didn't seem to mind otherwise. With one more jerk he had pulled the wire from the wall.

"You did it!" I said. David slank over to where I sat and ripped my wire as well, "Thanks."

"No problem. Now sit back down and pretend you're still attached. I have a plan." he said.

I did as I was told and David yelled, "Hey, bitches! Yeah, I'm talking to you bitch guards!"

With his words two gaurds appeared at our cell door, looking through the small window.

David continued, looking at the gaurds this time, "I think I'll make you two my pretty little girlfriends. You'll have to shower for weeks but you'll never get the smell off of you."

I faught back laughter which resulted with tears.

The guards came in and one kicked David in the stomach. The air flew from his lungs but he spat, "Thank you, sir. May I have another?" And he was kicked by the other guard in the face.

The guards stalked out of the room and while the door was shutting, David leaned over and caught the wire between the door and it's opening.

David, his nose bleeding from the kick, slid across the floor and opened the door slightly with his hand.

"Come on." He said.

"David, that was brilliant." I said.

He nodded and we were out in the hallway.

"Where are the guards now?" I asked, looking down each end of the long hallway lined with cells.

David shrugged his shoulders and we were racing down the hall towards the stairs we had been taken down just the day before. We passed a brake room and I froze.

"What is it?" David asked.

I hid my laughter again as we both peered into the small, dimmly lit break room.

The two guards we had just seen, along with at least six more and at least three female Werecats were huddled around a table in the middle of a heated game of strip poker.

"Well it's a distraction." I muttered.

David shook his head and dragged me away from the door.

We found the stairs a few feet down and ran up. The halls were familiar now and we raced past the cafeteria. Suddenly, David and I slammed into another group of people and a fight began.

I bit and tore at the opponent and suddenly I caught a scent. It was the scent of cinnamon and Christmas morning. It smelled like happiness and burning firewood on a cold winter's night. Riley.

"Riley!" I yelled, throwing my arms out and twisting her to face me. Our lips met and it was like a thunder storm had brewed up in between us. Where our skin touched was like lightning and the only noise in my head were pops of thunder.

I pulled her back and saw shock in her eyes. "I- I'm sorry-"

"Don't." She said, cutting me off again as she pressed her lips against mine.

"Are you alright? Are you hurt?" I began inspecting her body.

"I'm fine." She said, sniffling.

I looked at the rest of the group and recognized the young waitor from the cafeteria. I didn't know his name.

"Who are you?" I asked with speculation.

"This is Sam." Riley said.

"I'm half the reason all this shit has gone down." Sam said, bowing his head.

"How so?" David asked.

"Dom, I had to change Sam last night." Riley muttered.

"What?" I spat, "Why?"

"He was going to tell Eran about Nick and me visiting humans. I had to." she explained.

Before she could explain more I was on top of Sam. He was smaller than me so it was easy to get a grip around his throat. Before I got the chance to choke him Riley was on top of me. She scratched until I let him go and stood up.

"He's proven his worth." Nick nodded at Sam in aproval, "And he can see spirit animals."

David and Nick's eyes widened in both amazment and confusion.

"Yes," Sam said, "For example, Dom, There is a lion to your left who looks almost as pissed as you do. And David, a platypus."

"That's manly." Nick muttered under his breath.

"Manly spirit animals aside," I said, "We've gotta get outta here. Any ideas?"

"Wait," David said, glancing over our small group, "Where's Misty?"

I watched as Riley broke out into tears. Not only did that shock me, but Nick followed. I grasped them in a tight hug.

"No." David breathed. A silence so thick followed that I could almost see it looming in the air around us.

"I'm so sorry, David." Riley finally muttered, going over to hug David too.

David jerked away and yelled, "No!" in a strained voice.

"David, I know you're in shock, but we have to keep moving." I said. David had crumbled into a ball on the floor and I placed my hand on his shoulder. He was shaking.

"Why?" David asked, looking up at Riley with blood shot eyes.

"She overheard Riley and me making our plan to visit the humans and went to Eran. He snapped her neck." Nick answered for her. I picked David up.

"NO!" David broke into sobs again and I had to hold him up so he wouldn't fall again, "She wouldn't betray me like that! Why me?"

Just then the pitter patter of foot steps rose from behind. I turned and saw a blank hallway. For now.

"David, we have to move. Snap out of it!" I yelled.

David shook his head and I heard a loud crack. Nick had punched David in the face.

David shook his head and looked up, his nose bleeding.

"Thanks. I needed that." he said, placing his hand on Nick's shoulder in graditude.

"We needed to get to the surface before Eran, but since we ran into you two he's probably already up there with an army of Werecats. We're screwed." Sam said.

"Not necessarily." I muttered. I hated the idea of using my affinity, which is causing pain deep within people with only a stare, but if I needed to use it to save the ones I love so be it.

Nick must have sensed my idea because his eyes widened.

"You don't have to. You know what it does to you, Dom." Nick said.

"Huh?" Riley asked.

"We need to get out of this hell somehow!" I said back.

"I thought you agreed to never use it again." Nick and I continued as if Riley hadn't spoken.

"Excuse me, but we're not following." Riley said, gesturing to the rest of the group.

"Dom wants to use his affinity to get us out of here safely." David said

"You mean the pain thing? Dom, will it hurt you?" Riley asked me.

"A little but I'll get through it." I muttered. The foot steps were becoming louder and I could almost pick up voices.

"We'll have to use it. It's our only chance." I grabbed Riley's hand and bolted down the hall.

Finally we reached the spiral stairs leading up to the shack that hid our world so well.

"It was on fire when we were last up there." Nick said, leading the way up the stairs.

Finally we reached the surface and the scents of smoke and death stung my nose. My vision was masked by smoke and all way quiet. Too quiet.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

628K 15.4K 64
sequel to aeou (read first) โœ˜ โœ˜ โœ˜ The boys are back. And they're out for revenge. Last semester the girls of Sterling humiliated Caleb, Luca, Atla...
31.6K 968 15
To save her sister from a cruel marriage, sacrificed herself to the womanizer king.
34.2K 1.8K 138
This story follows the early life of James also known by his street name Headshot or Shooter. James had an extremely rough childhood, one that turned...
408K 38.2K 33
๐™๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™– ๐™ ๐™–๐™ง ๐™™๐™–๐™ก๐™– , ๐™ˆ๐™–๐™ง ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ƒ๐™ค ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž...... โ™ก ๐™๐™€๐™๐™„ ๐˜ฟ๐™€๐™€๐™’๐˜ผ๐™‰๐™„ โ™ก Shashwat Rajva...