Brown Sugar

By GirlsWithGoals

Chresanto and Maya been best friends since they were in pre school. Times have changed and both have grown an... More

Prologue.
One.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Six.
Seven.
Eight.
Nine.
Go Read
Ten.
Eleven.
Twelve.
Thirteen.
Fourteen.
Fifteen.
Sixteen.
Seventeen.
🙄🙄
Nineteen.
Rewrite.
New story.
1k views.
Twenty.
Twenty One.
Twenty Two.
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five.
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine.
Filler ..
Thirty (Finale Pt.1)
Finale pt. 2
Finale Pt.3
Book 2 .

Eighteen .

190 10 19
By GirlsWithGoals

Four months later..

Omniscient.
Unfortunately the friendship between Maya and Chresanto was strained. He started spending more time with Desiree and Isolated himself from the group. Maya and Corey made it official and they're going good. Corey's music is taking off and he's getting more and more popular. Ray and Rose are still together, they but heads as do Corey and Maya but they are good. Typh is almost done with school and is working on her modeling, Dillyn is getting more attention with his music as well and yes they are still together.

_____

Dillyn .

"Yo that beat dope but just slow it down a little...yeaaaah that's it that's dope." The producer played the beat for me and I was writing my verse . My phone started ringing and I seen it my baybeh .

"Hey baby wassgud?" I smiled I loved hearing her voice.

"We on our way over there , Corey gotta track he want you to hear and we decided to tag along."

"Aight I'm in studio C how far out are ya? " I heard beeping and a door close.

" We just pulled up we'll be there in a second." I nodded then responded.

"Alright I'll be here. Love you. "

"Love you too." I hung up and I went back to writing my verse. I sampled from a song Bryson Tiller did and put a mix to it. I heard a knock at the door and in walked in the crew .

"Go ahead and let ya selves in damn " we all laughed and Typh came and sat on my lap.

" Well I want you on this track and I wanted you to hear it and see if you feeling it." I nodded and he played it off his phone.

lil shawty so bad got damn , look at you damn self

You tell me ion love you what the fuck? Girl you know damn well

As I listen to a smile grew on my face. This shit was dope and my boy came through once again . I took a glance at Typh as she was listening and she glanced at me. I smiled and had a thought and started typing my verse in my phone . This one was gonna be another hit on our list .

___

We walked out talking about the song and I can't keep my smile off my face.

"Your cheeks about to burst baby." Typh said laughing and I picked her up and she squealed.

"I'm just so happy babyguh I could do flips ." She smiled and laughed .

"Put me down you crackhead " I laughed and put her down and kissed her cheek. This girl really my ridah, she been there for me through everything. And I'm gonna give her the world one day. Sooner than later. We were just outside talking then I car pulled up and someone hopped out the car.

"COREY SO YOU THINK THIS IS A GAME?!" I knew that voice and so did Corey and we both groaned. The girls were confused. Then the girl behind that voice appeared in light where we all could see her face.

Corey.
Yo I stopped talking to this broad a long ass time ago but she won't leave me alone. Maya knows about her but she doesn't know what she looked like til now. I sighed and tightened my grip on Maya's hand.

"Brandy fuck you want man? I told you a long ass time ago it's over. I got a girlfriend " she scoffed.

"Now we both know that's not gonna last long where'd you find this bitch anyway?" Oh no . Maya chuckled darkly.

"Corey I'm gonna need you to get her out of my face before I reconstruct it. " Brandy stepped closer to us and I felt Maya let my hand go but I stood in front of her before she could swing.

"Girl don't get beat up in front of everyone out here I'll beat your ass. " I scoffed.

"Brandy you need to get out of here ." I said before taking Maya with me to the car.

"SO YOU GON PICK THAT BOUGIE BITCH OVER ME COREY?!" Everything happened so fast. Maya snatched from my grip and two pieced Brandy and she fell out .

"I'm not gonna be too many of those bitches get ya ass up and fight ." Brandy got up and tried to grab Maya's hair but she wasn't having it. She was getting the best of Brandy before I broke it up. Typh came out of nowhere and clocked Brandy right in the eye and they got into it. These girls here you can't fight one without the other.

"Bitch I'll fuck you up bout that one! Nah bae let me go she wanna come here on some bold shit!" D pulled her to come inside with him.

" Damn man let me the fuck go dawg " I had Maya in a tight grip and her eyes were set on Brandy who was struggling to get up . I almost felt bad for her, yeah almost.

"Naw naw she not worth it baby come on let's go ." I was saying I'm her ear but she was too pissed to listen to me. I heard someone running behind me and I felt some hard ass punches on my back and my head and got pissed off and turned around pushing Brandy hard as fuck.

"Bruh what the fuck is wrong wit you? Go home ." Maya flew past me and went at it with her again this time on top of her laying punches.

"Bitch!" Brandy pushed Maya off her and tried to get on top but Maya got her a good time in the nose and she fell back . I picked Maya up and Brandy was screaming.

"I got someone waiting on y'all two hoes! Just wait on it " she yelled . Maya was still fighting my grip , I had a better grip this time partly because I was pissed.

"Bitch I don't give a fuck! Bring the whole fuckin family! I'll fight all you bitches. Came here disrespected me and my boyfriend like nobody was gon do shit!"

"Yeah we ain't scared! Ain't no scared bone in our damn body. Ima beat ya ass like ya momma should've beat ya ass dumb ass hoe !" Typh yelled out.

"Typh come on man get inside!" D yelled and she sucked her teeth.

Brandy got in her car and I seen her get on the phone and pulled off. I carried Maya who was on my shoulder and walked her inside sitting her in the chair in the studio and she had a mug on her face.

"Y'all what the fuck was y'all doing?" Dillyn said after he sat Typh down. Maya didn't say nothing but she looked at him like he had two heads.

"I don't wanna hear it because if some ex of mine or Typh came on the same foolishness y'all would've been on the same energy we was ." She said rolling her eyes and waving him off . I took the chance to fix her hair Brandy messed up , even though I got the vibe she wasn't feeling me at the moment she allowed me to fix it. I was gonna fix it whether she liked it or not.

" She gave that static like she wanted a problem and we were just responding I don't see what we did wrong." I shook my head.

"She's always gonna be like that, it won't change anytime soon." I said sighing . Maya got up

"Where you going ?" She scrunched up her face .

"Damn Dad I think I'm a little to old to pee on myself." I scoffed and She walked out and I plopped in the chair. Typh was sitting there shaking her leg and D kneeled in front of her putting his hand on her knee that was shaking.

"Calm down baybeh it's over. Relax." Maya walked in with a small towel on under her arm.

"She scratched me good on my arm but I'll live." She said sitting next to Typh .

"Thanks for having my back girl ." She nudged her and they both laughed.

"It was an overkill but aye you my sister they mess wit you then they messin wit me simple."

"And vice versa ." I swear these two are crazy. One of the craziest girls I have ever met.

"Y'all crazy man ." Dillyn mumbled and I agreed.

"Aye she came here calling me out my name like she know me and hitting on my dude. Broad was boldddd." I smiled and she rolled her eyes at me.

"Even though I'm not really feeling you right now but she crossed the line ."

"Girl shutup." I kissed her cheek and she mugged me and I laughed.

" Ima need you to handle that too baby before I handle it worse than this time ." I looked into her eyes and knew she was serious.

"Don't worry ya pretty head about it , I gotchu . " she leaned in and pecked my lips.

"You had a shake?" She nodded. And I kissed her again.

"Strawberry ." we said at the same time . She laughed and I smiled. Well at least I know now she's not mad at me.

___

Maya.
I woke up and did my hygiene thing and showered . Came out dried myself off and put on some lotion and got out and put on ripped jeans , a black Tupac T-shirt and some space jams. I put my hair in a bun leaving out a few strands of hair. I got my purse and my phone and then I heard a honk and I automatically thought it was Corey but when I go out there it was Chres.

"What you doing here ?" He put his hand on his chest like he was hurt. But I was laughing not smiling.

"What? You don't miss me being around?" I shrugged. He would only hit me up when it was convenient now so it's whatever.

"What you want Chres? " he sighed and leaned on his car.

"I miss you .." I straight faced him.

"You know my number and my address. You could've been hit someone up. You could've spoke at school too, but you don't mess wit us anymore." He rolled his eyes.

"It's not that I just been busy Maya."

"Whatever you say Chresanto. Look I'll catch you later I gotta be somewhere, tell ma I said hi ." I said as Corey pulled up .

"Ma you really gon be like that?" I don't know why but that pissed me off.

"That's what I said when you disappeared. We tryna hit you up and stuff and you ghost. Now that I wanna do the same thing you gotta attitude? Fuck out my face Chres foreal." I said then got into Corey's car and he looked at me. I took a deep breathe and he grabbed my hand.

"Talk to him. I told him to stop by." My head snapped in his direction.

"What?" He shrugged .

"Hear him out babygirl , he wants to talk to you about something important." I sighed and got out the car. I walked over and seen he had a cocky grin on his face. If Corey didn't ask me to talk to him I would've turned around and went back in the car. Chres poppin up pissed me off .

"What you wanna talk about that's so important?" He sighed running his fingers through his hair.

"I miss everyone. I just been handling things I can't explain right now. " I folded my arms.

"I can't speak for everyone but I know for myself. I'm just not wit it yet. You can hang out with the others , but for me I don't know.."

"Why you don't know?" I sighed.

"Because it was so easy for you to just stop talking to us. Like ..what's stopping you from doing it again? "

"It's not gonna happen again I just didn't want you getting in my mess." I scoffed.

"Chres you been my mess since we were 5 , I'm gonna need you to come wit a better excuse than that ." He smiles to himself then shrugged.

"You got me there..my brother is back." My eyes widened.

"I been keeping close to my mom but he's been stopping by the house acting funny claiming he's clean and he's changed. I don't know I'm not liking the vibes I'm getting from him." I nodded.

"Give him a chance but don't let your guard down. Don't ever underestimate him . He could be on some creep but then again maybe that's just how the rehab got to him ."

He looked at his feet and folded his arms thinking about what I said. I may not like him right now but he needed advice so I gave him some.

"Yeah my mom was freaking out and I kinda was to I just isolated myself from everyone. That's just how I am."

"Chresanto we are your friends we are supposed to be there no matter what. You should feel comfortable telling us anything. Ain't no judging here." He looked me in my eyes and we both just looked at each other. I came to my senses and broke the stare.

"Yeah ..I'll see you later. " I said walking back to Corey's car.

"Wait!" I turned around. He scratched his neck.

"We should hang out later ...or another day. " I shrugged.

"You know my number..see ya ." I got in the car and Corey looked at me but I just looked straight ahead.

"You good?" I looked at him .

"I think so?" I scrunched up my face and laughed. He smiled and grabbed my hand and then he pulled off.

Awe hell Chres came back ..

I'm gonna spice things up because it's getting boring . I got some ideas on the order of this story. Next chapter will be up soon tho ✌🏾.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

237K 7.2K 123
Yn and Chresanto live in Compton. They have a hard life. They are trynna make it out. If they do, will there past be back to haunt them? Or will they...
539K 26.3K 30
What if we happen to kiss? Then we touch? Put a rush on it, and get it over with? What if I just know, what you like? And it feels right, and then it...
34.2K 1.7K 27
It's 2 years later and Jacob and Chresanto are still together, living with there children Xavier and Alianna who are now 5 years old. life is good, a...
One Plus One By Lady C

General Fiction

350K 12.3K 68
Everything seems perfect when Ebony meets Chresanto - but is falling in love around secrets even possible? ...