The Marriage Assignment [4]

By ravsisrekt

"we weren't supposed to be together," he pants, distaste patterned on his tongue «a promise overdue, an arran... More

?
💍 (t)
Prologue
Chapter 1, Meeting Him Again
Chapter 2, Necklace Rings
Chapter 3, My Boyfriend's Kisses
Chapter 4, Can I Come In?
Chapter 5, First Failed Date
Chapter 6, The Girl Who Hugs Him
Chapter 7, Half Naked in My Room
Chapter 8, Min Yoongi Snaps
Chapter 9, Annoyed
Chapter 10, Wedding Day
Chapter 11, You'll Never Be My Wife.
Chapter 12, Surprise At Home
Chapter 13, Gross
Chapter 14, Seoul, Here We Come!
Chapter 15, Jin Knows
Chapter 16, Terin's Kisses
Chapter 17, Where's Your Ring?
Chapter 18, Another Week of Betrayal
Chapter 19, Terin Returns with a Drunk Yoongi
Chapter 20, the way she writes
Chapter 21, In Love
Chapter 22, Honeymoon
Chapter 23, Nanami's Gift
Chapter 24, What is Terin up to?
Chapter 25, "You used to like me?"
Chapter 26, Laughing, Kissing, Laughing and Kissing
Chapter 27, Poor-Pretty-Fiancee
Chapter 28, I Slept With Terin
Chapter 29, The Blood of Two on My Hands
Chapter 30, Please Come Home?
Chapter 32, Sneaky Sneaky
Chapter 33, speed-round-date-marriage-thingy
Chapter 34, What Happens in the Shed, Stays in the Shed
Chapter 35, First Love
SERIES ORDER

Chapter 31, An Ugly Silence

17.6K 1.3K 1.1K
By ravsisrekt

The evening Min Yoongi messaged me, and I messaged back was the evening I called my best friend. I called Icarus. I cried and when he asked me, "Are you still in love with me?" I told him, "No." He said, "Good," and I could tell he was smiling in joy for me that night.

The days after that, he told me what he had been doing with his life. Icarus had a new job, a new apartment. He was dating a few women and searching for one to settle with. When I asked, "What's the hurry?" He chuckled and said, "I don't want another man taking her away." I snorted and rolled my eyes.

It wasn't until today. When I was crying shaking, and alone needing a friend. I called him again because I knew none other than Yoongi in the city. Sighing when Icarus's face lit up on the screen, a sense of relief stroked my inner walls of doubt. His smile was large when seeing me, he said, "We really shouldn't be talking this much." "I need a friend," I said. "Then go make some," he said. Just when I was about to laugh, my parents came and Min Yoongi's parents came. They saw Icarus, they saw my tears and my smiles. They jumped to conclusions and yelled for Min Yoongi who wasn't here. As they tried to snatch my phone and have my ears bleed from shouting. Scared and child-like, I called him. I called Min Yoongi.

"Hi, I love you, hi." My heart leaped when he said that. It really did. I wanted to say it back, I wanted to smile and tell him how adorable he was. But I did nothing but sniffle and hear a, "What's wrong?" To that I replied, "Please come home?"

He did come home. He came. Standing next to me with harsh eyes, a clench jaw, and body that shook with anger. Min Yoongi hears the yells and shouts that don't seem to stop. I was a crying mess earlier, but now a numbing infuriated body.

"You're married!" My mother shouted, crying and wanting to shake me dangerously, "What did we say about Icarus? This is wrong! If you wanted to cheat around behind your husband's back, maybe you shouldn't have said yes to the marriage in the first place." I didn't say yes.

My father, terrified of what was to come doesn't defend me, but defends the money he thinks he'll be losing. "Maybe we're jumping to conclusions. He was her best friend long before they got together, I'm sure it's nothing but a casual greeting." There's some truth to that.

"Casual greeting?!" Min Yoongi's father roars, "She was crying and smiling. Not to mention alone with my son not in the house? This is disgusting! Son!" He looks to Yoongi, eyes snapping away from me. "How could you let her step out of hand like that?" Really? They're blaming him for the call I made?

"Is this some sick joke to get back at us for putting the two of you together?!" His mother joins in. "Instead of being so childish, if the two of you aren't happy with one another than a divorce would suffice. Don't be wasting everyone's time in twisted games. Marriage isn't a joke!" Then why make it one?

"Divorce?" My father gasps. My mother cries, wailing as she sits on the couch. "No no," he panics, and I watch with no other emotion other than sadness. "We can't just have them separate! They're nearing their first year—" My mother interrupts my father, running to slap my cheek that already aches from earlier. This was her second time slapping me into silence.

Min Yoongi's head snaps when he sees it. I don't put the dots together, I don't see that this is the first he's seen me hurt this way. With a growl that leaves the back of his throat, his hand claps into mine and he takes me to stand behind him. "Don't fucking touch her," he spits, finally speaking into the tense air.

Everyone calms for a moment at that. Unexpected in their eyes, but not in mine. I lean my forehead tiredly in between his shoulder blades. My body is shaking in anger and I don't know why I can't speak. I don't know why I never can around these people...

"Excuse me?" My mom asks, horrified.

His mother screeches, "She deserves it. What do you mean? Don't be defending her after what she—" Yoongi screams at his mother now. That, that I don't expect. He yells, "After what huh? After she called Icarus? Really? And you all scold us for being childish! Instead of instantly attacking her and formulating your own fucking stories, listen to what she has to say!"

"Don't talk to your mother that way!" His father stomps forward. Yoongi's mother's eyes express that hurt she's in as she whispers, "No...no. Let him. I guess he's forgotten how to appreciate all that we've done for him."

My forehead moves off Yoongi's back when feeling just how hard his muscles get. Eyes soft, I can see how harshly the flexing of his jaw protrudes from where I stand behind him. He's gone. He's met the stage of fear and elapsing it, to nothing. Yoongi says, "I don't forget! It's just that every time I try to remember, all I come up with is the terrible things you've done. All the controlling! All the nagging! Everything outside of the love that doesn't make me feel like a son you're proud of at all!"

His parent's eyes widen.
Mine grow quiet, but my father breaks the chain of silence. He says, "Min Yoongi, let's all calm down now."

"No!" Min Yoongi yells at him, "No. You're all under our roof. What we say and how we say it shouldn't be controlled or regulated!"

"Min Yoongi!" My mother shouts, stepping in front of my father whose face twists in annoyance. But my father doesn't stop, he points, he now shouts louder than ever. Money and honour are outweighed when he snaps his head cockily to me, hiding behind Yoongi. "You agree to this huh? He disrespects me right in front of you and you what? You don't say a word?"

Yoongi's shaking and I'm shaking again. "Don't bring her in to this."

"I will! I will, because she's my daughter!" My father slips past my mother, rough hands trying to snatch me away from the idol I hold on to. "A daughter that will not have any business with you any longer. She will do as we tell her. She will come back home with us and this divorce will carry out. You children want to act like delinquents, then you'll be punished the same wa—"

"NO." This voice isn't the parents. This voice isn't a raging Min Yoongi. This voice is me. The silence around is ugly here. I don't like it, so I flinch out of my father's hold, shove him rudely back and have shock plaster further on the adults that never comprehend. "No! I'm not going anywhere with you!"

My mother yells my name and I glare over at her. Angry tears are at my eyes. I follow Min Yoongi's steps, I think about the days we've both been scared. I'm so so terrified but I pull through and say, "I WANT YOU ALL OUT OF MY HOUSE! WHEN YOU DECIDE TO BE PARENTS THAT ACTUALLY LOVE AND APPRECIATE US, THEN SHOOT US A FUCKING CALL! GOODBYE!"

No one moves. Min Yoongi steps in, "Well you heard her."

"How dare yo—" I cut my mother off, I say, "Oh, I do dare mother. I do. My life, my decisions! I'm here with my husband! We're adults, we have issues that'll resolve! But that's between us and no one else should be budding their noses in throughout it! We're not children that need to be hand-held through every decision. Show us you care by caring, not by constantly belittling our actions! I'm done feeling useless and pathetic around you two! I'm done!"

My father's brows furrow, my mother's eyes soften. But before they can talk, I'm a monster with my hands as I'm pushing and shoving everyone out. I kick my parents out, then I threaten Min Yoongi's that linger. I don't touch them as they leave. When I slam the door last, my husband's arms surprise me in a hug that I flinch out of. Whimpering, I scream, "Don't touch me."

He's crying, shaking his head and wanting to hold me. I can see it in his eyes. I see the love, the want, the care. I see the remorse, the 'sorry', the love the want the care. When I shove him away a second time, he's smiling. "Y-You did it...we did it I—" "Why does it hurt?" I ask. With soft eyes that dance in tears, he says, "Because it happened so fast."

Yoongi holds me, I let him for a second. Using the top of his shirt as a wipe for my tears, I feel dirty and I trick my brain into smelling Terin on him. I feel crazy and not in control. He makes me that way, so I flinch, I fight, and the next I know, I'm running with tears down the hallway of the complex.

But when I meet the almond-shaped eyes of one that has freckles over her nose. Her skin her heritage her ethnicity, Vietnamese Cambodian. Her hair long and curly, ending at the beginning of her waist. Tall, fit and thick thighs. Plump lips, lipstick dark. She smiles, but then slowly looks horrified and I assume it's because the beauty has seen my tears. Nanami Vanchela, in her Australian ringing voice asks pissed, "What he do?"

A/N: not the greatest of chapters, but get your nachos ready for the ending that nears.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 132 13
in which a boy attempts to fix a broken relationship that is pulling him down with it ≖ a min yoongi short story
4.9K 246 18
What will Yoongi do when he swore not to fall in love.... ...not long before Y/n came along..... He thought his mind could protect his heart.... It w...
494K 29.3K 89
You fell for Min Yoongi, hard, and you thought the feeling was mutual. But you were wrong. He never cared about you at all. [FORMERLY KNOWN AS THE...
26.3K 235 23
BTS imagines special for ARMYs. Hope you guys enjoy!