Tainted: Origins of a Psycho

By ReadingtheInsanity89

*Prequel to She Belongs to Me* What makes a man into a monster? This is the story of how Vincent Graves came... More

The Birth
Unwanted
Sunday Morning
Sunday Afternoon
Sunday Evening
Valentine's Day
The Talk
The Lesson
True Colors
The Secret
Healing
The Best Medicine
Scapegoat
Guardian
A Friend and A Visitor
Mother (Part One)
Mother (Part Two)
Mother (Part Three)
Faint
Creep
The Funeral
Help
Sister Veronica
Visitation
Gone
Homecoming
Human
Tension
Small Talk
The Deed
Christmas (Part One)
Christmas (Part Two)
Catching Up
Greed
Feelings
Blackmail
Out
Confession
Dinner Plans
Screwed
Surprise Guests
Hell
Retribution (Part One)
Retribution (Part Two)
A New Start
New Book!

Grandma's House

6.8K 396 425
By ReadingtheInsanity89

September 15, 1997

Millicent Graves stared out of her living room window with a smile on her face as she awaited the arrival of her grandchildren. They would be spending the weekend with her while her son went out of town to investigate a homicide case. She was given rather short notice of their visit, but she was so delighted that her beloved grandson was coming that she didn't mind.

The old woman's eyes beamed when she saw her son's patrol car pulling into the driveway, and she immediately rushed outside to greet them. "It's so good to see you, son."  She said, throwing her arms around Victor as soon as he emerged from the car.  She looked past him and frowned when she saw Jordan sitting in the passenger seat, for she knew exactly what was going on between her and her son.

She was disappointed in her son for indulging in something as disgraceful as adultery, but she said nothing because she didn't want to risk not being allowed to see her grandchildren.

Victor gently tore away from her and popped the trunk open, pulling out two small suitcases and thrusting them into her hands. "Sorry I can't stay and chat, Ma, but Jordan and I need to hit the road before the traffic gets terrible."

Millicent dropped the suitcases and opened the door for her grandchildren, ignoring her son's rudeness. She stretched her arms out and Vincent ran into them. "How's my handsome little Vinny bug?" She said, rubbing his back as he laid his head on her chest. "I missed you!"

Victor shook his head. "Don't talk to the boy like that, Ma. You'll turn him into a sissy."

Millicent frowned at him. "Stop saying such terrible things about your own son. He is a very bright and masculine young man."

"Pfft...whatever you say." He scoffed before helping a sobbing Violet out of the backseat.  He kneeled in front of her and used his thumb to wipe her tears away.  "Please don't be sad, princess.  Daddy will be back for you soon."

"But I don't want to stay at Grandma's!" She protested, stomping her purple sneaker on to the grass.  "Her house smells like cough drops and she loves Vincent more than me!"

Victor grabbed her shoulders and pressed his nose against hers for an Eskimo kiss. "Daddy loves you more and that's what counts, so will you please smile for me?  I hate when you cry."

Millicent rolled her eyes when Violet smiled at her father.  She would never admit it to anyone else, but she loathed her granddaughter with a passion.  The child was a spoiled brat who got her way by manipulating her father, and it was not something she would tolerate in her home.

She placed her hands on their shoulders and watched as Victor drove away. Violet glanced up at her with a scowl and said, "I hope you made something good for dinner. Last time you cooked soup that tasted like a dirty boot."

Vincent punched her in the arm. "Shut up!"

Violet punched him back. "Make me, homo!"

Millicent grabbed both of them by the wrists and scolded them as she dragged them into the house.  "Knock it off this instant, both of you!  I will not put up with such rude behavior!"

"Sorry, Grandma."  Vincent sighed, ashamed that he'd displeased her.  "I promise we won't fight anymore."

"There's a good boy."  She praised, patting his head with a smile on her face.  "Now then, I want you to help me set the table for dinner, while Violet puts sheets on the guest beds."

"Why do I have to-?"  Violet started to protest, until a hard scowl from her grandmother shut her up.  She mumbled under her breath as she carried their suitcases into the guest bedroom.

Vincent followed Millicent into the kitchen and began setting plates on the table.  "I'm really happy to be here, Grandma.  Thank you so much for letting us stay here."

There was a hint of sadness in his voice that his grandmother easily picked up on.  She placed her hands on his shoulders and kneeled in front of him with concern in her eyes.  "What's the matter, Vinny?"  She whispered, "Is your father still treating you badly?"

He nodded his head.  "He hates me."

"Your father doesn't hate you.  It's just..." She hesitated for a moment, then said, "He doesn't understand how to express his love to you."

Vincent tried to look away from her to hide the tears in his eyes, but she placed her hand under his chin and made him look at her.  "You don't ever have to be ashamed to cry in front of me, Vincent Graves.  I love you with all of my heart, and if you're father is too stupid to see what a wonderful young man you are....well, he can go straight to Hell."

"I love you too, Grandma."  He sniffled, using his arm to wipe his tears away.  "Thank you."

They finished setting the table and sat down for a lavish roast beef dinner after Violet made the beds.  Vincent told his grandmother different bible stories he heard in Sunday school, while Violet silently picked at her food with a frown.

Millicent collected their plates when they were done eating and instructed them to get ready for bed.  She waited outside of Vincent's door for a few minutes before softly knocking on it, smiling at when he opened it because he was wearing the most adorable Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle pajama set.  "Oh my!" She cried, "You are the cutest little turtle I've ever seen."

Vincent's cheeks flushed red and he rubbed the back of his neck.  "Awww gee, Grandma, you're embarrassing me."

"Sorry, sweetie." She chuckled, patting him on the cheek.  "That's what Grandmas are for."

She tucked him into the guest bed and read a Hank the Cowdog book to him until he fell fast asleep.  "Goodnight, Vinny."  She whispered, kissing him on the forehead.

Returning to her own bedroom, she laid her head on her pillow in a useless attempt to drift off into sweet slumber. Her mind was filled with worry for her grandson because of how poorly he was treated by his family. She was afraid he would grow up to be miserable if something did not change.

"Father, give me the wisdom to know how to help him." She prayed, a tear flowing down her wrinkled cheek. "I just want him to be happy."

The thought of her grandson living a good life eased her mind and she was able to drift off to sleep.  She was in the middle of a nice dream when the sound of shouting awakened her.

"Leave me alone, Violet!"  Vincent cried, his little voice filled with rage and exhaustion.  "I don't want to sneak out of the window!"

"Shut up, stupid!" Violet hissed, "You're gonna wake up the old hag!"

"Don't call her that!"

"She is an ugly old hag!"

Millicent bolted from her bed and dashed down the hallway, flinging the guest bedroom door open to find Violet standing beside an open window holding her suitcase. 

"Where do you think you're going?"  She asked, folding her arms in front of her and tapping her barefoot on the wooden floor. 

"Away from you!"  Violet spat, throwing her suitcase out of the window.  "I hate it here!"

She tried to make a grand escape out of the window, but Millicent grabbed her ankle before she had the chance.  "Let me go!!" She cried as she was dragged by her ear into the kitchen.  "I am going to tell Daddy that you abused me!"

Vincent followed behind them and watched as his grandmother pulled a wooden paddle out of one of the drawers.  His heart pounded when she bent his sister over her knee and proceeded to beat the ever living hell out of her bare butt.

"This is long overdue, young lady!" Millicent growled, spanking the screaming child over and over again.  "I'm tired of you treating your brother like a second class citizen, and so help me God it is going to stop right now!"

"Help!!!" Violet screamed, "She's killing me!!"

Vincent ran forward and put his hands on his grandmother's arm.  "Please don't kill her!  I'm sure she's sorry for what she did!"

"Are you sorry, Violet!?"  Millicent demanded, raising the paddle in the air threateningly.

"Yes!!  I'm really, REALLY sorry!!!"

Millicent released the girl, suppressing a smile as she watched her rub her butt in agony. 

She waited patiently for her to stop crying, then grabbed her arms and whispered a soft warning.  "If you tell your father about this, I'm going to make your life a living hell.  Do you understand me, Violet?"

Violet nodded her head with a sniffle.  "Yes."

"Yes, what?"

"Y-Yes ma'am..."

"Good, now you may go to bed."  Millicent said, watching with approval as Violet made her way back to her room with shame in her eyes. 

She glanced over at her grandson to find him standing there with a smile on his face. 

She smiled back at him and said, "Grandma has your back."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 1K 45
Welcome to the Dark Dimension, the place where nothing is real. I live here. Today marks the 90th anniversary of that evening when I got buried ali...
3.3K 34 29
This is a story of the vampire Bryan and how he became the monster he is in SocialRebelGirl's story. I really enjoyed her characters and it inspired...
544 108 17
Killing people is unforgivable, traumatic, and what karma could bring is unsettling. Xerine Delgado started killing people because of her unmeasurabl...
249K 7.6K 38
Rewritten Version!!! Original version can be found on my profile. ******* Emily Hayden thought her first year of college would be exciting. She had...