[ 1 ] EXPLODE ( r. bl...

By marauuuders

"What did you get on the test, Archord?" "Something higher than your IQ, Black." in which the resident 'good... More

◖ explode ◗
- full cast and playlist -
act one;
zero || prologue
one || news to me
two || halloween
three || showtime
four || the new commentator
five || off the sidelines
seven || the medallion
eight || bring us both down
nine || rules of being a marauder
ten || an occlumency handbook
eleven || resembled the time
twelve || too sentimental
thirteen || pride, envy, disbelief
fourteen || white noise
fifteen || rumours
sixteen || all in a days work
seventeen || artwork
eighteen || slytherin's hope
nineteen || without a doubt
twenty || heart and mind
twenty-one || the yule ball
twenty-two || advice
twenty-three || winter nights
twenty-four || truly silent
twenty-five || tina and robert
twenty-six || family of three
twenty-seven || hindsight
act two;
twenty-eight || too little too late
twenty-nine || goodbyes and good lucks
thirty || hands dirty
surprise b*tch
explode 2.0 out NOW

six || deal with the devil

4.4K 159 23
By marauuuders

ACT ONE; CHAPTER SIX
DEAL WITH THE DEVIL

--

THE TRICK OF the world really was that you have to fake it until you make it. Since she was eleven on that stool, waiting for the verdict on which House she'd be in for seven years, Eleanor had known that as a fact. Faking it was what stopped her from screaming, resisting and making a fool of herself when 'SLYTHERIN' echoed around the room in a wave that engulfed her. Making it was what happened two years later when somebody called her a true Slytherin and she didn't vomit.

If faking it until she made it worked to keep her alive after the worst situation she could've imagined then, she hoped that it would do the same for the worst situation she could've imagined now. The situation she was about to walk into, eventually, and come face to face with Voldemort.

After minutes of rushing the halls to move, only stopping when footsteps warned her that she 'ought to dive behind something stat, Eleanor reached the miniscule corridor outside the foyer that Regulus had pointed out to her. While hidden behind the plant pot, in fear that somebody could exit the room at any moment, she thought. The thought showed that she definitely should've listened to Regulus in that first room – Eleanor had no plan.

"Shit," she whispered to herself, then shuddered when the infamous sound of Voldemort's voice trickled into the hallway, drowning her out.

But Eleanor had made it because she was a Slytherin, she knew that for all she spoke of making it. So, banishing the Dark Lord's hisses from her mind, she focused on what she could do and that was what her mind set on happily – a perk of being stereotypically ambitious and cunning. As her brain reminded her when she set her eyes on the plant she hide behind, Slytherin's were also resourceful.

Then again, that didn't mean their resourceful ideas weren't downright terrible. Eleanor could have laughed to herself when the idea of transfiguring herself into a walking plant popped into her head in a lightbulb. Instead she simply rolled her eyes, which must have alerted her brain to the matter at hand because she noticed the deadly quiet that now surfaced both rooms.

Swallowing her fear and going back to the original plan, Eleanor breathed out carefully. When she forced herself to look up Eleanor was met with the sight of two men – both their cloaks were the darkest black which matched their piercing eyes. However, it was their grins that struck Eleanor cold, something so evil shouldn't have been allowed.

"Hello, sweetheart," one man said as the other grabbed her. Eleanor instantly began struggling against him which got his fellow Death Eater rushing to his aid. Both their power on her combined made Eleanor's fight worthless as she was majorly smaller and weaker without the use of her arms and she was dragged into the foyer.

The thud of her knees being slammed to the floor alerted the one man who wasn't already looking to Eleanor's presence. Slow movements projected in front of her as Eleanor was forced to lift her head hurtlingly high. All she wanted to do was tear her eyeballs away but, even if she hadn't had been held there, she doubt she could have. Something so pure evil demanded you watch it, and who on Earth with a mind could say no.

Even with the screaming of her sister, Eleanor stared straight ahead. The fire in her eyes battling the ungodly feeling in his defiantly. Voldemort would not get the fear he wanted from her.

Then he opened his mouth, and Eleanor held her breath. No anger, destruction or pain-inflicting came from him though, only mocking. "Did you really think your plan could work? Answer me."

"I don't—I don't know,"

"She actually believed that transfiguring herself into a plant would help her defeat me," Voldemort continued to mock, as he looked around for amusement from his followers. Confusion began to sneak onto Eleanor's face but before she could throw it off, Voldemort caught sight of it and an eviller grin than the last rose. "Do you want to know how I saw your plan, Eleanor Archord? I have seen your mind. Because of that I know all, including how your family have shunned your because you were placed into Slytherin, the evil House, yet you care for your sister, stupidly. That's why you formed your plan, is it not?"

"Perhaps,"

Everything in her from that moment belonged to the tireless effort of keeping anything else from making an appearance to Voldemort. Especially her friends on the other side of the Manor. Although, she feared it could've been too late for them, or at least Regulus who her mind had gone to many times since setting eyes on his Dark Lord. Mostly to wonder how ever Regulus could want to serve him.

"Shall I tell you what else I see?" Voldemort was asking her. Even though she didn't want to, she nodded – anything to stop her mind wandering. "I see you flying on a broom but then I hear you say how you were to choose another career path. You wish to become Minister. Well, you do not disappoint from the Young Black's thoughts all those years ago."

Before she let herself think, she caught herself. Taking a deep breath, she reminded herself of the world's rule and she allowed herself to continue. After all, she also had Gryffindor in her... somewhere.

"What do you want?"

A laugh. "What do I want, she says. Well, I suppose I want a favour."

"Favour are a two-way street," Eleanor said before she could stop herself. "In that case, I should get something in return."

   "Show some respect! Crucio!" A woman shrieked, her dark frizzy hair flying everywhere as she leaped into action.

   Regretting her immediate retort, Eleanor screamed inside – it was a miracle she didn't let it out and cause the Manor to fall on them all. The pain she felt as the Curse held her in place was something that a simple explanation could do no real justice to. Eleanor felt that if she endured it one second longer than she did she would explode as tiny knots were formed all over her body and those knots were pressed alight by a flame that was engulfing her whole. Everything in her told her to do anything she could to stop it, but she refused to somehow.

Elation didn't come as soon as Voldemort told ''Bella' to stop. The excruciation she felt died down slowly but, she supposed, the fear of feeling it again made it never truly die. Being under the Cruciatus Curse, Eleanor knew, would haunt her forever – especially because next time it would be impossible to resist showing what she felt inside.

"Look at me, Eleanor Archord." Voldemort said, after a moment of silence. Eyes closed as they had been since the spell exited Bella's mouth, Eleanor shook her head. "Look at me or feel my wrath again!"

So she did.

"If you grant me my favour, I will allow you and your friends to leave the Manor alive."

Many thoughts ran through Eleanor's mind at that moment. Worry for her friends who Voldemort knew were there, simultaneous thoughts to her screaming sister, fear of what would happen if she agreed and the same for if she declined. It was only when her sister was Cursed to quiet, that Eleanor found it in herself to make her choice.

After all, what other people don't know won't hurt them, right?

"Ok. What do you want?"

"At present, nothing. Yet a girl in a position like yourself owing me a favour could prove useful at any moment, so you will be alerted when."

   Two arms grabbed her and Eleanor was forced to her feet without a fight this time. Only when she realised she was being dragged nearer to Voldemort, who was taking something from Bella, did Eleanor begin to resist. It was too late though and her hand was forced open. An aged medallion with the body of a serpent wrapped around it was dropped into her hand.

"Keep this on your person at every moment because, when that moment comes, the medallion will burn harshly. When it does you must go to Severus Snape, who will give you further instructions."

Eleanor nodded. "Alright,"

She had barely slipped the medallion into her pocket when Blair was thrown in her direction. Diving to grab her, Eleanor immediately picked her sister from the ground and rushed out of the room. Voldemort could have changed his mind at any moment and Eleanor refused to be around if or when that happened.

Fear of the possibility was evident as Eleanor rushed through the corridors frantically without any real destination. For as long as it took before Eleanor felt safe enough to stop momentarily, Blair was alternated between being carried and being pulled along like dead weight – admittedly she was, being Cursed so many times had takes too much strength out of her to walk, let alone sprint for her life.

Eventually though, they did stop. Gasping for breath with her hand against the wall, where she spluttered out blood from where she'd bit her tongue many times during the altercation, she allowed Blair to scramble out of her grasp. It didn't take Blair long to regain herself after that; it was barely seconds before she began to yell.

"You must be actually insane! Making a deal with the Dark Lord? Have you not heard of what happens when you make a deal with the Devil? It comes back to bit you and everyone around you in the arse. Eleanor, you may as well have just signed our death warrant. I can't believe—"

"Yeah, yeah," Eleanor dismissed her. "I'm sorry, Blair. But what you don't know, won't hurt any of you."

In one swift motion, Eleanor had slammed her sisters head into the wall and pulled her wand from it's hiding spot. With only a pitiful look at her sisters unconscious body, Eleanor composed herself before using the memory charm to erase Blair's recollection of everything from the moment she was taken into that foyer. Especially the parts about Eleanor and her deal.

--

Luckily, the hauling of an unconscious Blair only lasted a little further before somebody became speeding around the corner. Without a second thought, or a word uttered, Eleanor had sent a Stunner towards the oncoming person but they dodged it, barely. From the shock of the spell from seemingly nowhere, the person stopped, ready to confront whoever sent it.

When the two locked eyes with each other, they did something they never believed they would, they breathed out in relief. Taking Blair from both her arms, Regulus took the wait before they'd even had a moment to think. Then he practically yelled at her to convince him she was alright.

"Are you ok?! I saw on the map that you was with the Dark Lord. You were directly in front of him, Eleanor, what were you thinking?"

Clutching his spare arm, Eleanor smiled shakenly. "I'm alright, I'm alright. How are the other's?"

"Everybody's ok. They were reluctant to leave without you and Blair but they're waiting at the Hog's Head."

"Why didn't you go?" Eleanor asked as if he was an idiot for not escaping first chance.

"And leave you?" He rose an eyebrow and Eleanor's breath caught. "Now, let's get out of here. Can you grab her or..."

"I can do it."

   At that moment, after what he had said, the last thing Eleanor wanted was for Regulus to know that the Cruciatus Curse she had endured was still attacking her skin as it was her memories of those few minutes. For the first time consciously, she made sure Regulus was thinking and feeling alright, even if it meant going against herself.

Together they got themselves and Blair to the room they arrived in quicker than Eleanor ever could have alone. A breathless thank you escaped her before a weight was lifted and she was practically thrown into the fireplace. Regulus' nod though, ironically, was what made Eleanor pause when reaching for the Floo powder, and she made a detour to her wand.

"What are you doing?" Regulus wondered incredulously, eyes wide. Regardless of his confusion, he agreed to her beckons and handed her the map.

"Incendio." Eleanor whispered and then threw the burning parchment into the middle of the room the second it became alight. A flash of the fire brought the memory of what she felt back to her but instead of flinching, she smirked at the small revenge she'd get – she hoped it was only the beginning. Then she grabbed the Floo powder. "Follow me immediately. The Hog's Head!"

Knowing the place you were heading didn't hold definite danger for you and the people you care about must have had an impact of the time it took to Floo somewhere. Though, perhaps it was the fact Eleanor didn't have anybody latching onto her desperate to stop her that time. Either way, as unpleasant as Flooing was, it was quick and Eleanor was thankful.

Landing with heavy breaths, Eleanor launched herself out of the Floo, not wanting to hold up Regulus and Blair for longer than necessary. Even though she was still regaining herself, seconds later the duo appeared and Eleanor dismissed her light headedness to help Regulus set Blair down finally in a safe location.

"Blimey, what happened?" James' voice bellowed. Eleanor had seen the Marauders and Lily scolding the First Years when she first arrived but, apparently, they hadn't seen her.

"Eleanor! Are you ok?" Remus was asking as they all rushed over and Eleanor dropped to her sisters side. To make it believable, Eleanor's face was alight with panic.

Dismissing everybody who attempted to help with a flick of her wand, which forced them all except Regulus back, Eleanor took a deep breath. Despite knowing Blair would be alright, at the thought of the memory charm not working the panic became real. Which was why she didn't shrug Regulus' touch off – she was either comforted or too worried to react, Eleanor herself didn't know completely.

Pointing her wand at Blair's chest, Eleanor breathed out, "Rennervate."

When Blair awoke at the spells command, Eleanor held her breath for what felt like an eternity. In the real world, it was five seconds while Blair took in her surroundings. Then the young girl actually smiled a little at her sister. "Thanks, Eleanor."

"No problem." Eleanor replied and, knowing her charm worked, she meant it for a while – until the medallion became more than a distant memory.

At the silent command of Eleanor, the spell keeping everybody back shattered in front of their eyes. The first chance he got, Sirius was scooping Eleanor into a congratulating hug, which mimicked the words coming from their fellow friends. Although, he admitted in a whisper, that he only did it so extravagantly to finally get her away from Regulus and Blair ("the gruesome twosome," Sirius had put it).

"You know, you four," Lily Evans began to say in her scolding tone, "Voldemort standoffs are nothing to boast about. It's probably what made those First Years go to the Manor in the first place!"

"Come on, Evans. You have to admit it gives you an adrenaline rush when you leave with all your limbs." James teased her.

Rolling her eyes, Lily gestured to James' foot. "That was a luxury you didn't have the last time, Potter.

"Well, Eleanor did. And she's alright, aren't you?"

The first thought that screamed in her brain was that she herself should scream the truth: that she wasn't ok and she never would be again, as long as the favour remained a possibility, or, eventually, a past problem. Voldemort's evil grin shook her to the core though, but it also reminded her of her new trick of the world. Nobody could know if she wanted them to survive.

So she pulled on her Slytherin deceit and smiled. "I'm brilliant... with all my limbs."

--

WORD COUNT: 2691

so i have an exam tomorrow but i literally can't revise for it so i'm trying to not think about my stress by writing so sorry if you can feel it come through (i guess it was a good chapter to be stressed for though because el was reeeeeal stressed, my poor girl)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 37.5K 45
Marauders Era, Enemies to lovers, LONG and painful. "Is there another life? Shall I awake and find all this a dream? There must be, we cannot be cre...
90.8K 1.4K 57
Annabelle Potter Younger sister of James Potter shared lots of traits with her brother like her love for Quidditch and Pranks. But she hated being co...
20.6K 1.3K 29
Luna Lupin came from a tumultous childhood filled with secrecy and a family haunted by the stigmatised illness of lycanthropy, thrown into a society...
72.4K 3.1K 54
in which phones exist at hogwarts, and sirius black gets added to a group chat with a bunch of unknown numbers. WRONG NUMBER. | MARAUDERS ERA. marl...