Meant To Be #wattys2019

By oh_hi_byeee

●Highest rank #5 in Spiritual. ●#67 in Romance.Getting at the top. ALHUMDULILLAH● //To all my lovely, silent... More

INTRODUCTION
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
CHAPTER 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
NOTE
Ramadan Mubarak
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Please don't kill me
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27: Fallacies
Chapter 28: Game of Fate
Chapter 29: One step closer, two steps far.
Chapter 30: Past Lingers
Chapter 31: Flashback, Truth and Forgiveness
Chapter 32: Let Me Go
Chapter 33: Not yours.
Chapter 34: Don't let them change you
Chapter 35: Realise and Real Lies.
Chapter 36: Letting You Go
Chapter 37: Facade
Chapter 38: A Hope
Chapter 39: If It's Not You Then it's No one.
NEW BOOK ALERT
Chapter 40: When a Facade Drops
Chapter 41: Too Late?
Chapter 42: Maybe, Maybe Not.
Chapter 43: Oh Love
Chapter 44: Tears and Goodbyes
Chapter 45: One Last Time
Chapter 46: Meant To Be (Part 1)
Meant To Be- (Part 2)
You were Meant to be mine- Epilogue
THANKYOUUU
NEW BOOK ALERTTT
Intricacies and Anarchy of Life.... and Love
4 CHAPTERS UP

Chapter 13

3.3K 267 28
By oh_hi_byeee

The girl laughed and the room echoed with her chuckling as she twirled around happily.

A hand then caught her wrist, slowly stopping her, and her long hair covered her round face.

She chuckled again as the hand removed hair from her face, sending all kinds of electricity and current through her veins, lighting her soul on fire.

By now, the girl had her eyes closed and a smile was plastered on her face.

The girl, after sometime opened her eyes and as soon as she looked at the handsome face in front of her, he pulled her and twisted her wrist tightly and twirled her, with a force and then everything went blur.... and then dark.

"Enjoying, Anabiya?"

"ZAYD? ZAYD!" The girl shouted as she cried in the darkness, trying to steady herself from the constant  spinning.

"Why Zayd? Why?"

Anabiya woke up, gasping for air as she rushed out of her bed, searching for the switch board.

But running directly after waking up didn't help as she tripped and fell on the floor, hurting her foot. Her face was covered in sweat, while her medium length hair were sticking on her face and neck. She crawled and limped and then turned on the lights. She was gasping for air.

She leaned on the wall as she sighed and closed her eyes as a tear slipped down her cheek.

Soon, the tears slipped as if just let loose and then a muffled sob escaped Anabiya's lips.

She covered her mouth in order to stop the sound but failed miserably as she hiccupped and then sobbed again.

Realising that her heart needed to pour itself out, she let go of her mouth and then slipped into the her melancholy.

"I hate you, Zayd..... Zayd Dawood. I hate you!" She cried as she hugged herself.

"No.... I swear.... My heart could be breaking, my life could be falling apart, but I'll not let the solitary water droplets fall from my eyes..... one day, I'll be over you. Over you.", Anabiya sobbed.

The girl was in peices.  She hugged herself in a way.... in a way as if trying to protect herself and preventing herself from falling apart.

Who said monsters are dangerous? People are worse!

........

The young man quickly sipped on his bitter coffee and typed on his phone as he walked towards the elevator.

After replying to everyone's greeting, he entered his cabin and called Rhea.

"We need to call an urgent meeting. Ask the Directors, CS and Members to meet in the Board Room in 30 minutes." Arhaan ordered Rhea.

After exactly 30 minutes, all the members were assembled in the room and Arhaan greeted everyone.

But then a look of confusion was flashed on his face.

A goofy smile was missing.

"Where's Anabiya.... Malik?" He questioned.

"She's not feeling very well today, Sir. She informed that she won't be coming today." Tanya informed and Arhaan simply nodded.

And soon the meeting started, and the corporate stuff was discussed.

On the other side, there were the three girls, sipping hot chocolate as they watched FRIENDS.

But today, the girl who used to laugh hysterically and also cry at Monica and Chandler's proposal scene showed no emotions. She just smiled whenever her friends looked at her, with their eyebrows raised in suspicion.

"Anabiya? Something's off. You're not laughing or drooling over Chandler." Ruhina finally pointed out and Sanaya agreed.

"It's not like that.... I just didn't get-" Anabiya paused as she yawned.

"Enough sleep." She completed.

"And why is that so?" Sanaya asked with narrowed eyes and Anabiya gulped.

Last night's events started to run in her mind and Anabiya got up from my seat abruptly.

"Headache." Anabiya quickly said as she rushed over to the kitchen.

"So that's the reason you didn't go to work today?" Ruhina asked and Anabiya simply nodded.

"But you said you have period cramps!" Sanaya shooted and Anabiya shook her head in frustration.

"THAT IS THE REASON TOO! NOW STOP INVESTIGATING ME!" Anabiya yelled in frustration as she sipped on  some orange juice.

Ruhina and Sanaya looked at each other and then the eyes talk began.

Anabiya saw both of her friends, while Sanaya was denying something as she furiously shook her head in negative while Ruhina just widened her eyes and nodded as if trying to convince Sanaya.

"What are you guys talking about?" Anabiya questioned,her voice low.

"Okay! I'm sorry!" Anabiya apologised in a baby voice when she saw the pissed off looks her best friends were giving her.

"Forgiven! Let's go somewhere." Sanaya quickly said as she got up hastily.

"Okay but whe-" Ruhina started but was cut off.

"BEACH!" Anabiya and Sanaya shouted in unison.

And thus the three musketeers got ready and headed to the sea and sand heaven.

.......
The soft breeze hit Anabiya's face as a smile was plastered on her face as she held the end of her hijab, preventing it from hitting her face.

"Go for it, Sanaya. Now is the right time to ask her. She's the happiest when she's at the beach, infront of the sea. Ask her!" Ruhina persisted Sanaya and Sanaya nodded.

Sanaya tapped Anabiya's shoulder and Anabiya looked at her with a smile.

"I wanna talk to you." Sanaya started.

"You always talk to me.'' Anabiya said in a duh tone.

Ruhina chuckled and Anabiya winked at her.

"Yeah right. Okay, Anabee, do you have anyone on your mind? Like any guy?" Sanaya questioned and Anabiya nodded her head excitedly.

"Yes and h-" Anabiya was interrupted by Sanaya.

"Excluding the celebs and fictional characters!" Sanaya cleared and Anabiya narrowed her eyes.

"Not fair, Cha cha!" Anabiya whined.

"And nope. I don't have anyone on my mind right now." She completed.

A smile spread over Sanaya's lips and Ruhina had that 'Duh I already knew it' look on her face, while Anabiya just looked clueless.

"Okay.... I gotta tell you something...." Sanaya sighed and moved a little closer to Anabiya.

Anabiya simply nodded indicating her to go on.

"So well, my brother.... uhm my brother likes you!" Sanaya squealed and clapped her hands.

"Yeah I know Shahid likes me. I love that munchkin too!" Anabiya grinned as she talked about her bestfriend's seven year old brother.

Ruhina facepalmed and Sanaya just stared at Anabiya thinking since when did her bestfriend became so dumb.

And then it hit Anabiya.

Oh no.

This can't be it. HIM.

NO NO NO!

"Sanaya? Is it Omar?" Anabiya cautiously asked and the smile on Sanaya's face gave her the answer.

Shocked. Surprised. Overwhelmed.

No word seems correct to describe Anabiya's reaction.

"Re-really?" She again questioned with a worried look on her face.

"Yassss! Omar likes you!" Ruhina shouted with joy but this time Sanaya didn't smile.

The look on her friend's face said it all.

"You don't. Right?" Sanaya asked slowly and Anabiya shook her head in negative.

"It's not like that. Omar is a nice guy, Masha Allah! It's just.... It's just this came as a shock to me." Anabiya clarified as she gave a small smile.

Sanaya's face again lit up and she held Anabiya's hands.

"And guess what? My parents know! They'll be happy if you'll join our family and then we can en-" and before Sanaya could complete, Anabiya yelled.

"WHAT?! "

"Yes. And my mom is so ready to talk with your mum regarding this. It's just we want your approval." Sanaya explained and Anabiya closed her eyes.

The new and sudden events weren't helping her after what happened the previous night.

Her mind was clogged and her head was spinning as the new information ran inside them.

"Sanaya.... Please.... Don't. I mean don't tell this to mumma. Not now." Anabiya whispered and stared at her friend who looked bewildered.

"Why? You don't like Omar?" Ruhina questioned like a child and Sanaya looked at Anabiya for answers to many unsaid questions.

"I haven't seen Omar in that way. But it's not about Omar actually. I'm.... I'm not ready for that kind of relationship. Not with Omar. Not with anyone else. Please try an understand, girls." Anabiya explained as she held Sanaya's palm and pressed it lightly.

Sanaya was shaking with anger. She snatched her hand from Anabiya's grip, leaving both of her friends shocked.

"Yeah right! I get it now. You're not over him, right? You're not over Zayd! I know and I knew. That guy who didn't love you back, gets all your love but my brother, who loves you with all your flaws and moods, gets nothing? You always try to be that 'smart' and 'practical' woman but in reality you're an emotional slob. Still can't get over her school love. You know what? I thought we trusted each other and we knew each other. But you still love him and you still can't get over him. YOU ARE STILL IN LOVE WITH HIM. WITH A PERSON WHO DOESN'T LOVE YOU BACK.!" Sanaya completed and yelled the last part which made Anabiya shudder and a salty droplet of water slipped through her cheek..

Ruhina glanced around them to see whether anyone witnessed the unexpected scene but sighed when she made sure there were just a couple at far who were busy in their world.

She then shooted a stern look towards Sanaya and hugged Anabiya but Anabiya just pulled away.

"One second.'' She muttered as she wiped her eyes.

"You know Sanaya, you and Ruhina are the two best friends I have in my life and I was deluded that you both knew me really well....", Anabiya's voice cracked.

She quickly gulped and continued.

"And no, I don't love him. I don't. It's just a past that keeps on haunting me. And that past not only consists of my love life but my insecurities too. Insecurities you both know very well. And well yes, I'm afraid. I'm afraid to fall in love again.  I need time. But seems like some people can't get it. Oh that people are none other than my own best friends." Anabiya laughed bitterly as she glanced at the girls who just hurted her and broke her into peices.

"I thought of you as a strong individual. But you're being weak." Sanaya dead-panned and Anabiya's  eyes widened at her friend's audacity to even say such a thing.

"Sanaya.... stop!" Ruhina held Sanaya's  arm and pleaded Anabiya with her eyes to not say anything but Anabiya had a bewildered look on her face thst clearly indicated that she won't listen any more.

"I'm being weak? Really? Well you know what? I actually fell in love with one person and was left heartbroken. And if being left heartbroken is considered being weak, then yes I am weak." Anabiya said, with anger laced in her voice while Sanaya looked anywhere but at Anabiya.

"But you know what?" Anabiya questioned and Sanaya finally looked at her.

"Atleast I don't fall in love with any  new guy every week and post stupid, emotional quotes after every breakup." Anabiya smirked, proud on her bitter statement as she slowly got up and grabbed her bag.

Sanaya had her mouth open, hanging in the air. She was dumbfounded and also angry but what can she say? She herself said the most unpleasant things to Anabiya.

And this is how, because of  love, a friendship was on the verge of breaking.

The hearts were bleeding with sorrows.

Who said only love breakups can hurt?

........................

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 80 8
"I don't care. I don't care if you wear a scarf over your head. Or if you prefer to wear long sleeves and pray five times a day", he inches closer. "...
321K 32.8K 181
Special mention in #Wattpad love awards Most impressive rankings #1 in Together-11/06/2022 #2 in Emotional-13/11/2021 #3 in Emotional-15/11/2021 #3 i...
4K 271 52
Kabir & Iram. Both are each others heart beat, but they didn't notice ❤️‍🩹. _________ Kabir Azizi. 26 years old. A Cold hearted Billionaire who neve...
410K 24K 34
❝ She knew he can never be hers and yet she fell in love with him ❞ Fairytales exist only in books and movies. That's what Natasha Rehman told hersel...