Hidden Love

By NovelsByRo

21 year old Normani Phillips is a paediatrician trying to make a living for herself. After her mother passed... More

Copyright © 2018
Chapter 1: Opposites Attract
Chapter 2: Not Your Dawg!
Chapter 3: Naughty Girl
Chapter 4: Wet, Wet!
Chapter 5: The Spot
Chapter 6: Amusement Park
Chapter 7: The Guy From The Petrol Station
Chapter 8: She Ain't Drunk...
Chapter 9: Christmas Eve
Chapter 10: Merry Christmas
Chapter 11: Black Ink Crew
Chapter 12: 2018!
Chapter 13: Hasta La Vista, Baby!
Chapter 14: Kiss Kiss Kiss
Chapter 15: Rendez-Vous, Rendez -Vous!
Chapter 16: Mr&Mrs
Chapter 18: Cuffed
Chapter 19: $20
Chapter 20: Bria's
Chapter 21: Birthday Twins
Chapter 22: #PhillpsVsMoore
Chapter 23: Baby-Baby-Baby
Chapter 24: The Baby Daddy
Chapter 25: Stir-Fry
Chapter 26: Daddy's Little Princess
Chapter 27: Slowly Falling Apart..
Chapter 28: Baha Baby!
Chapter 29: Love & Hip Hop Reunion
Chapter 30: Just A Friend?
Chapter 31: Sweet Dreams
Chapter 32: Always Remember To Knock
Chapter 33: Dangerous Man
Chapter 34: Patty's Restaurant
Chapter 35: Final Countdown
Chapter 36: Cuffed To The Right Man
Chapter 37: Oh Baby Give Me 1 More Chance
Chapter 38: Finale

Chapter 17: Valentine's Day

637 20 4
By NovelsByRo

Normani Phillips POV
I don't think I've ever received any Valentine gifts from anybody since Tion and I were together. I was really happy to have a card and a small white bear delivered by Curtis. It really means a lot and it shows a lot too. I had sent him a card also.

Angelo was upset at the fact that he wasn't with Bria. He leaned his head on my shoulder and played with my hair, pulling at it every now and then. I'd rather spend Valentine's Day on my own. He's always checking up on Bria every hour. We were chilling at my house because he stopped by to pick me up. He did get me a present and a card and it was really thoughtful of him.

"I didn't know that I was supposed to get your present. I thought we were just chilling, just as friends?" I looked at him.

"Nah, it's okay. You being here and spending the day with me is my present." He smiled and so did I.

"Can you not pull on my hair?" I asked.

"Sorry." He frowned and sat up.

"Why are you upset?" I stuck my bottom lip out.

"I need to kiss something and hug on something." He folded his arms.

"It most definitely will not be me." I muttered.

"I never said it was gonna be you but you could help me by giving me a hug?" He put his arms out.

"Move away from me." I said mentally rolling my eyes.

"Come on, Normani." He tightly wrapped his arms around me.

"I'm being serious!" I frowned and bit his arm.

"Shit!" He quickly moved away from me.

"I told you to move." I crossed my legs together.

"You so vicious." He mugged me.

"And mean." He added.

"Can we hurry up so we can go ice skating?" I folded my arms.

"Okay, let's go." He stood up.

-

"Okay, take my hand and I'll show you." I laughed at Angelo who wasn't on the ice rink yet.

"I know you're gonna make me drop and then laugh at me. Then all the little kids gon' make fun of me, call me names and shit." He shook his head.

"I won't make you." I laughed.

"I promise not to let go." I looked into his eyes.

He extended his arm and I gently took ahold of his hand. He carefully and slowly made his way on to the ice and began to skate. We were moving like my grandma, literally. He finally got the hang of it and we were both skating and conversing. He still didn't want to let me go and I wasn't going to. Instead, he linked arms and we went around the rink.

"Do you think I can let go?" He looked down at me.

"Do you think you trust your self on the ice?" I asked.

"Maybe?" We stopped at the side.

"Can you skate?" He said still linking arms.

"I think." I shrugged.

"Lemme see something?" He ran tongue over his lips.

"Chapstick?" I pulled it out from my pocket.

"No, why?".

"Stop licking your damn lips." I rolled my eyes as I put it back.

I began skating and he was impressed by the way I was going round in circles. I smiled at him and put my hand out so that he could get ahold of it. We skated around the ice rink and there was a couple of times where he nearly fell. It was really funny. I had a good time at the rink but it was time for us to head back to his.

"Ooh..You did all of this?" I asked looking around the house.

"I bought decorations for Bria and I. She's not here so I thought I'd put it up anyway." He shrugged.

"It's cute." I smiled.

"I got my mama to make us dinner instead because I can't cook for shit." We entered the dinning room.

"I knew it!" I laughed.

"Remind me to teach you one day." I added.

He pulled the seat out for me and I thanked him whilst sitting down. He went into the kitchen and brought out the food that we were going to be eating. It smelled beautiful and the colours looked beautiful on the plate too.

"Wow." I said.

"Your mom can really cook." I said closing my eyes and smelling it.

"Actually, I cooked. I really did.".

"What?".

"I just wanted to see your reaction." He added.

"Now you lyin'!" I shook my head.

"I'm not." He chuckled.

"Okay, let's see if it tastes as good as it looks." I raised my brow.

Before eating, we said grace. I then took my first bite and devoured it. His food that he cooked was really delicious and I loved it. I opened my eyes and noticed that he was looking at me.

"So?" He asked.

"Why do you not cook for Bria?" I questioned and he shrugged.

"You should start cooking for me more often." I commented.

"It's result that good?".

"It's more than good, Angelo." I smiled.

"Damn, thanks." He slowly nodded his head.

Bria Moore POV
I looked at myself in the mirror and fixed my dress before making my way downstairs. I arrived at my cousins house last night and was now waiting on Snoop to arrive. My cousin left for work a couple hours ago and should be back tomorrow morning. I went downstairs and sat on the couch, looking at the clock that ticked and tocked. The doorbell finally rang and I got up immediately making sure that I didn't stumble on the way.

"This is it..." I said to myself before opening the door.

Snoop stood there, smiling really hard once he had seen me. I returned the smile and we both gave each other a really tight hug. I haven't seen him in forever and to see him today makes me feel really good.

"Bri, you haven't changed at all." He twirled me around.

"I haven't?" I bit down on my lip nervously.

"Nah, you still fine as hell." He shook his head.

"You haven't really changed also. Just the tats and grills." I admired the tattoos that seemed to crawl up his neck.

"Thanks. Mind if I come in?" He asked.

"Come on in." I stood to the side.

He smelled and looked really good. I felt nervous and didn't know what we were going to talk about as the night was gonna go by. He didn't have his dreadlocks anymore, he'd cut them off. He now has a low fade that suits him. He dresses more expensive and has the Rolex on his wrist with a couple rings on his fingers. I closed the door behind me and he followed behind me to the living room.

"Take a seat." I said sitting down.

"So, how've you been?" I started off the conversation.

"I've been good. I've got a club out here." He rubbed his hands together.

"That's really good. You've always talked about owning something." I crossed my legs together.

"And who's been taking care of you?" He pulled on his chin hair and looked me up and down.

I smiled a little, blushing lightly. He made me feel nervous. I didn't know what to say in case the wrong response came out of my mouth. He still looked like the same old Snoop that used to reel all the girls in, except older.

"What are you up to?" He questioned looking around the house.

"Well, I'm currently in the process of starting my own clothing line. I've already got store and everything." I flicked my hair behind me as I explained.

"You haven't changed at all. Just..." He made a circle about my ass.

"Really...?" I nervously laughed and put my hair behind my ear.

"Erm...I'm gonna get the table sorted out. I'll be back." I said.

I got up and walked out of the living room. Once I had entered the kitchen, I grabbed the towel to wipe my sweaty hands. I felt really hot. I didn't want to go back to my old ways but he was looking extra attractive tonight. I got the table sorted and I called him. He walked in the dinning room and smiled at me. He took a seat and so did I. We didn't say anything for a while but just look at each other.

"What was you planning on doing today?" I said out of the blue.

"Nothing. I'm single. I was gonna go to the club and just see if everything was under control. What about you?".

"I was gonna spend the day with my boyfriend. I probably should've but you're an old special friend." I smiled and he nodded his head at me.

"Wine?" He offered.

"Yes, please." I raised my glass.

Traci King POV
"Are you serious?" I fanned my eyes.

"Yeah. I think breaking up with yo' crazy ass was a mistake." He said showing me the promise ring.

"So, promise me that we'll always be together?" He removed the promise ring from the box.

"I promise, Nathan." I smiled really hard.

"I love you." I threw my arms around him and planted a kiss on his cheek.

"Let's head out now." He stood up and so did I.

We exited the restaurant and slowly walked to his car, linking arms. It was cold and he offered me his coat. I looked up at him and he smiled, kissing my forehead. He was all I needed right now and I was really happy. Our night so far has been great and I was getting tired. It was still really early but I wanted to just fall asleep with him in my arms. We made it official just today in the morning and I'm glad to be his girl.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing. Just realising that I can't ever let you go. You're too beautiful to get your heart broken." He stopped walking.

"Aw..." I stuck my bottom lip out.

He bit down on my bottom lip and wrapped his arms around me, making sure that he wasn't not going to let go. We finally made it to his car door. I was ready to get inside because of how cold it was. He opened the door for me and I entered inside, watching him then jog around to the drivers door. He warmed the car up before pulling off and soon, we were off.

"You tired?" He looked at me then back at the road.

"Yeah. I just want to get into bed." I nodded my head and he placed his hand on my thigh.

I closed my eyes and gently drifted off to sleep.

Trinity Phillips POV
"Happy Valentine's Day." I gave my boyfriend a hug.

"Happy Valentine's Day, Trin." He kissed my forehead.

I've been with Lloyd for a very long time now. Maybe 3 years or so and I've known him for 5. Our relationship really is rocky. We fight then make up, kiss then break up. But I really do love this man to bits and I'm hoping that nothing else could go wrong.

"What are we doing today?" I asked.

"Well, I ain't no people today. So, I was thinking of spending the whole day with you wherever you wanna go." He buried his head in the crook of my neck.

"I don't know where to go." I smiled liking his idea.

"I got this small house for us and it's beautiful." He licked his lips and kissed my cheek.

"Okay, so we could head there later after dinner and whatever were going to do." I added.

"That sounds like a plan." He nodded his head.

"Right, I'm gonna go and take a shower.".

"Let me come with you." He let go of me and I took a hold of his hand.

"How about we go to the mall and you can pick anything out?" He suggested as he stripped down.

"Hm..I was thinking of a spa day?".

"That sounds good." He nodded his head.

"Thank you." I gave him a hug.

Angelo Sanders POV
"I don't usually cry in movies." I wiped my tears.

"In fact, I ain't crying. I ain't crying at all." I folded my arms.

"There's tears coming down from your eyes, your sniffing and you've got plenty of tissues on the coffee table that's not mine." She raised her brow.

"Whatever." I sniffed.

"I really liked the movie. It had a really sad ending and I wanna know what happens next." She said as she watched me turn the lights on with my remote.

"Yeah. That was movie 3 done." I placed the remote down beside me.

"I'm so tired." She rubbed her eyes.

"You gonna go to sleep?" I asked.

"No." She took a look around at the guest room that we were in.

"Cool." I nodded my head.

She grabbed her phone and got up, walking to the sliding glass door. She stepped out into the cold and took a picture of the night sky. I came also and stood behind her, admiring the picture that Normani had taken.

"It looks so beautiful yet it's so cold. The snow falling down makes it look nicer." She commented.

"Yeah, I agree." I looked at her face.

"You look nice in red." I pointed out at what she was wearing.

"I'm only wearing sweats and a tank top but thanks. I mean, it's St Valentine's today so.." She took a look at what she was wearing.

"Why are you...?" She covered her face and laughed.

I took a video of her and she ran back into the guest room and on to the bed. I slid my phone back into my pocket and sat down on the bed with her. I glanced at the way she slowly closed her eyes wanting to drift to sleep.

"I'm gonna head to sleep." She spoke.

"Alright. I'll be in my room." I got up.

"You could stay here if you like." She opened one eye and smiled.

"Really?" I got this type of feeling.

"Hm.." She nodded her head.

I got under the duvet with her and naturally put my arms around her. It's just a thing that I do if I'm in bed with a girl. I could tell that she felt a little uncomfortable but tried to play it off. I looked down at Normani trying to conceal my feelings towards her but I couldn't.

"Thank you. For today, Angelo." She opened her eyes.

"No guy has ever done this for me, like ever. I really appreciate everything.".

"No problem. I'm happy I spent the day with you then Bria. She left her nigga hanging. There's no other girl I'd rather spend the day with than you if Bria wasn't here." I looked at her.

"You really mean that?" She asked.

"Yeah, I really do." I nodded my head and leaned in.

I closed my eyes but felt as she hesitated for a while but gave in. This was the second time but first time that I've basically cheated on Bria. It just felt right. I wrapped my hands around her a little tighter then she pulled off herself. She closed her eyes and I think she fell asleep. It wasn't going to go anywhere further than this. I then too closed my eyes letting sleep take over me after this long day.

Bria Moore POV
He licked his lips and slowly removed my dress from my body. I just let him take control of me. This was pending from a very very long time. Our friendship was really weird and we both knew that this was what we wanted to do together and it's happening today, after how many years. He kissed on my neck and finally removed my dress. My heart was beating really fast. After a long conversation, I just felt like he was really attractive and that he was calling for to do this.

I know this is wrong and this is what I used to do with Angelo before. This is the reason why we broke up. We'd both cheat on each other multiple times but it never got to this extent. I've been with other guys before and I have cheated on them too. I'm the definition of a hoe and I know it.

I wrapped my arms around him and let him do what he had to do. I know after this I'm going to feel guilty. Very guilty.

-

"Hey." I nervously tapped my feet on the floor.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"I just came back from shopping." I looked at the bags.

"Hm...I'm just missing you." He said.

"Yeah, me too." I closed my eyes feeling a wave of guilt.

"What did you do yesterday?" I asked him.

"I just chilled with Normani yesterday." I mentioned.

I instantly furrowed my brows. I don't know if they're best friends or something but they're always together all the time. I remember the first time I met her at the club, she looked like somebody I couldn't trust. Now it's like she's all over Angelo all the damn time and it's fucking annoying.

"What did y'all do?" I folded my lips afterwards.

"We just watched movies, went ice skating and that's all.".

"Did she sleep over?".

"Yeah, it was late and it was really cold so I offered her the guest room." He spoke as if it wasn't a problem.

"Hm...Okay." I shrugged my shoulders.

After that, we hung up and I watched Snoop walk into his kitchen. This morning we spent the day at the mall, catching up on things. He wanted to pay for my things but there was no need. I didn't want things to escalate. But what we did yesterday was so bomb! When I woke up, I couldn't move but the wait for so many years was worth it. We both knew that it was going to come one day even if it would've been 20 years later or something.

He walked over to me and kissed my forehead. I would still class us as best friends but after what happened, I don't know what to call each other. I got up and gave him a smile before placing my cup into his kitchen sink. He stood behind me and his hands travelled down to my butt. A chill went down my spine but I didn't react to it.

"What are we gonna do?" He asked.

"I don't know. My flight is tomorrow so I think I need to head back and fix my things." I told him.

"Cool." He kissed my lips and pulled me into a tight hug.

"Thanks for seeing me." He licked his lower lip.

"I'll probably come and visit you. I'd love to see Atlanta and how it is." He mentioned.

"Yeah, just call me when you're ready." I nodded my head.

After that, he walked me to the front door. I came out of his house and walked to my cousins car that I was borrowing. Like I said, my flight was tomorrow and I wanted to get ready.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

219K 7.9K 34
Lyric Davis, the girl that everyone admires and loves. Little did they know about her families past and drama. Being abused emotional and physically...
857K 29.2K 40
"I'll never let you get away like you did once." ----Ares Kings ************************************************ Ares Kings was known to be varsity b...
43.3K 730 69
What if you were raised all around sports and the spotlight? How could you handle that? Apparently Keira can tolerate it. Keira Lansing plans to tak...
5.2K 273 17
April Phillips, a successful 32-year-old plus size woman. She has always felt overlooked and underestimated. Despite hearing backhanded compliments l...