The Mafia's Doctor

By aTouchOfRomance

[edited version of Doctor for the Mafia] Ila Archer was a doctor working at one of the best hospitals in New... More

Author's Note
<-01->
<-02->
<-03->
<-04->
<-05->
<-07->
<-08->
<-09->
<-10->
<-11->
<-12->
<-13->
<-14->
<-15->
<-16->
<-17->
<-18->
<-19->
<-20->
<-21->
<-22->
<-23->
<-24->
<-25->
<-26->
<-27->
<-28->
<-29->
<-30->
<- 31->
<-32->
<-33->
<-34->
<-35->
<-36->
<-37->
<-38->
<-39->
<-40->
<-41->
<-42->
<-43->
<-44->
<-45->
<-46->
<-47->
<-48->
<-49->
<-50->
<-51->
<-52->
<-53->
<-54->
<-55->
Completed

<-06->

258K 7.9K 2.8K
By aTouchOfRomance

>>>-M-A-T-T-E-O-> 

"That was cruel," Samuele said to me as he locked the car, looking at the girl in my arms. I shrugged, I was only joking around. From the start, I wasn't going to shoot Dr. Archer. It was a great opportunity to strike some adrenaline and fear into her.

Right as I changed aim and shot Abel, she fainted. I had to pick her up from the ground and carry her to the car while Aiden and Samuele took care of Abel's body.

We just arrived at mafia house. It was noon, meaning that most of the members of the house were already awake and roaming around. Dr. Archer started to grow heavier in my arms as we waited for someone to open the door. To make things worse her silky hair tickled my forearm.

"What's the password?" I heard Giovanni asked from behind the door, poorly disguising his voice to sound like a robot.

Aiden looked at me and Samuele, clueless. "Do you guys know the password?"

"There's no password," Samuele said, rolling his eyes.

"Oh, okay. 'There's no password'." Aiden repeated after Samuele.

"Oh my God," Samuele muttered under his breath as he slapped his forehead, done with Aiden's stupidity.

"Hmm.. how about, 'Open the fucking door before I decided to shoot off your dick'?" I asked.

The door open within seconds. Giovanni appeared with his hands up, surrendering.

"You're no fun." He said. Then he looked down to see me carrying Dr. Archer.

"Is this for me?" He asked, playfully, as he wiggled his eyebrows and licked his lips. I frowned, slightly disgusted.

"Just find me an empty room," I told him.

"Oh, so she's yours." Giovanni winked and smirked, walking away to do what he was told.

<-I-L-A-<<<

I jolted up from my sleep. From the fear from my latest memory of being shot, I frantically ran my hands all over my body in search of injuries. My panic was almost relieved when I only found a scrap at my elbow, but I realized I wasn't home in the safety of my bed.

The room I've woken in was three times bigger than my room back in my apartment. I moved out of the white sheets, off the king size bed. My bare feet touched the cold, white marble floor. The creamy beige colored walls stood unfamiliar to me. With the decorative furniture, I could tell I was in a house of great expense and luxury.

Where am I?

>>>-M-A-T-T-E-O->

"Matteo, your grandma wants you in the kitchen." I heard someone in front of my bedroom door saying. I walked over and opened the door to see Lorenzo.

"What happened?" I asked.

"I walked into the kitchen to get a snack and saw Aiden with your grandmother. After they were done talking, she told me to call for you." He said, before walking away to his room down the hall.

I made my way down the stairs and into the kitchen on the first floor. Like Lorenzo said, my grandma was in there, but Aiden was already gone.

"Yes, Nonna?"

She slid plate that carried a chocolate muffin and a glass of water across the kitchen island to me.

"Not necessary, I already ate breakfast," I told her, pushing the food away.

"Not everything is about you, ragazzo." She rolled her eyes before scolding at me, "Give this to the girl."

<-I-L-A-<<<

I found my purse on the nightstand beside the bed. I was quick to snatch it. I went through the mess inside to find that everything was there but my phone. I figured I was here because of something having to do with Mr. Mafia Man. I began to put things together.

I wasn't shot, but I remember Mr. Mafia Man pulling the trigger. The sound of the gunshot was so real. Was it possible that he shot at Abel?

My panic began to rise. This man was crazy. I have to get out of here. What was he planning to do with me? Suddenly, I remembered all the news reports of missing young women who were believed to be kidnapped and sold into the black market.

I walked over to the windows, examining it. They were tall and wide enough for me to slip through. Before opening the window, I looked down and found a problem; I was on the third floor.

>>>-M-A-T-T-E-O->

I made it to her room, muffin and water in my hands. Giovanni had picked one of the guest rooms on the third floor to put Dr. Archer in.

I opened the door quietly. First glance at the bed and I saw that she wasn't in it. My sight went to the figure by the windows. Her back was faced towards me as she looked as a possible, but dangerous, escape route.

"I dare you to jump," I said.

I watched her in amusement as she gasped and turned around, surprised to see me.

"N-no." Dr. Archer stammered.

"I was joking," I told her.

She looked at me doubtfully and shuffled away from the windows. Most people don't understand my dark humor.

Movement from her hands fiddling with her purse caught my attention. By the looks of it, Dr. Archer had found her purse and coat easily. I looked down to her feet to find them bare.

I walked to the nightstand and place down the food and drink. I bent down, moving the covers hanging off the bed to reveal her hidden shoes.

As I was retrieving her footwear, she walked over my way to see what I was doing.

"Here," I said, handing her heels.

She cautiously took them away from me.

<-I-L-A-<<<

After grabbing my shoes from Mr. Mafia Man, I slipped on my heels. As I put on my shoes, he walked over to the window. I relaxed a little because of the distance between us.

"You weren't planning to escape weren't you?" He asked, looking out the window.

"Is there another way?" I asked.

"We do have a door." He shrugged.

"Will you let me go that easily?"

"For now, but then I'll have to hunt you down before you could tell anyone about what happened and kill you." He explained.

I couldn't tell if he was serious.

"Again, joking." He claimed. Then, under his breath, he muttered, "Sort of."

"Where am I?"

"Where do you think?"

From the view outside the window, I could tell we were somewhere private. It was obvious that we were somewhere out of the city, far enough that the buildings of New York didn't show on the horizon.

"Why am I here?" I rephrased my first question, hoping this time there'd be a solid answer.

"Would have you like to wake up in the alleyway next to a dead body?" His eyebrows raised.

Even though his aura screamed "danger", he hasn't shown any signs of harm towards me. He was kind enough to retrieve my shoes. Like Mr. Mafia Man put it, I was somewhat glad that I ended up waking up in this luxurious room instead of the floor of an alleyway.

Mr. Mafia Man stood there by the windows, sunlight hitting him. He was wearing a sleeveless shirt which showed his tatted arms. I could tell he was examining me as I scanned him. His green eyes roamed over me, filled with thoughts.

"My offer still stands." He stated.

His offer made me wonder what type of person he is in the mafia.

"Are you the person who calls the shots?" I asked. Could he possibly be lying to me? Maybe he was luring me into the mafia so he could sell me as a sex slave?

He shrugged and carefully picked out his words, almost as if he was hiding something, "I have a say how things run around here."

If I reported to the police, would that even get my license back? It still doesn't change the fact that I was the doctor helping him. It'll only make a bigger mess. This will be all over the news again and Mr. Heffling probably won't like that. Besides, it's nothing different than working in the hospital, right? I'll be helping injured people.

I bit my lip and looked out the window, making up my mind.

"Did you mean it when you said you were going to pay me triple?" I asked.

I turned to see Mr. Mafia Man's lips move into a smirk.

<~>
What do you guys think so far?
Sorry for the whacky update schedule, I'm trying to get back on track with life at the moment smh.
Please vote, comment, share, and follow :))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

487 23 13
"Come on now, we're just having some fun.'' My body felt frozen and the tears started to fall as I thrashed around, trying to push them both off of m...
43.4K 2.9K 77
"Would you have killed that young boy!? Over a fucking purse!?"I shot back. It was a stupid temerity but I was willing to take the risk. "I would do...
518K 8.1K 40
"Get off of me!" I said to the tall man stood next to me. " Sir what should we do with her?" Suddenly a tall figure towered over me I wouldn't admit...
87.1K 2.1K 36
She was lost and so was he. Who knew that two broken hearts can connect to one. Arabella's world has been rigged since the day she was born. Her fat...