Forgotten // L. Coly

By QveenCammy

It's been two years that Kalani has been waiting on Lucas. It's been two years since Lucas left. It's been t... More

Characters
Two Years Ago
1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10.
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21 : Short-ish Chapter
22.
23
24
25
26
27
Last Chapter!
Thank You

7

1.1K 28 3
By QveenCammy

Kalani | 1:13 pm
(chapter outfit below)

Well, today is the day I am supposed to be hanging out with Lucas. We haven't decided on where we're going yet. He says it's all up to me and I haven't been used to that in two years. I want to do something fun, maybe something like Universal Studios or Disneyland

Well Universal Studios only has two rides whereas Disney World has multiple. I guess I know where we're going. I already knew I wouldn't have to pay for anything because Lucas never ever lets me pay. I can beg him until I am blue in the face and he still won't let me pay and that is something I tend to hate about him.

My phone vibrated on the kitchen counter and I grabbed it. It was a phone call from Lucas.

Me: Yes, Lucas?

Lucas: Looks like your waitin' fa' me to call.

Me: You continue to think that.

Lucas: I will, Lani. So, where we goin' today?

Me: How does Disney World sound?

Lucas: Sounds like you're still a kid.

Me: Shut up.

He chuckled.

Lucas: But if that's where you wanna go, then aigh'.

Me: I do wanna go there. What time should I be ready?

Lucas: I gotta head to the car rental place cause I hate takin' Uber's right now, so I'll probably be there around two?

Me: Sounds good. See ya then.

Lucas: Aigh'.

We hung up and I headed into my bedroom's closet.

When I got up earlier today, I had taken a shower so all I would have to do later was get dressed.

I slipped my floral crossbody around my body and ran a hand through my freshly curled hair. I looked over myself in the full body mirror that was on the wall.

Me: I look cute.

Somebody, I'm guessing Lucas, rang my doorbell. I quickly went downstairs and opened the door, coming face to chest with Lucas.

Me: Oh, hey.

Lucas: Wassup? You ready?

Me: Almost. Come in.

I moved over and he walked inside.

Lucas: I see you made a livin' fa ya'self.

Me: Yep. I wanted to be out of my parents' house, so I got my own place.

Lucas: It's nice.

Me: Thank you. I just gotta grab my phone and keys. I'll be back. Uh make yourself at home.

I went upstairs and grabbed what I said and headed back down. Lucas was looking at my pictures on the wall.

Me: I'm ready.

Lucas: Aigh' let's go.

I let him out the house first since I had to lock the door anyway. I walked beside him to a Mercedes and smiled as he opened my door.

Me: Mmh, thank you.

Lucas: Your welcome.

He then got in and started the engine.

Lucas: So where are we going?

Me: Well it's an hour and thirty minutes away, can you drive for that long? If not, I ca-

Lucas: You're not driving. You're not paying. You're not gonna do anythin' but have fun. Now where are we going?

See what I mean? He won't let me do anything.

Me: Disney World.

He chuckled and pulled off since he was backed in.

Me: What?

Lucas: After two years, you're still a kid.

I laughed.

Me: Shut up. They have things for adults as well.

Lucas: Whatever you say.

I reached over and cut on the radio. I turned it from 102.1 to 100.3.

Lucas: I've always hated your music.

Me: Awe, too bad. You've gotta listen to it.

Lucas: Ian gotta do shit.

Me: I'll pout and you know you can't resist my pouts.

He didn't say anything which let me know I won that argument which made me grin and sing loud and off key to the radio.

Lucas: So, what made you go to CalArts?

Me: Well as you know, I've always had a passion for dancing. I decided to put that to good use and go to school for it.

Lucas: When you graduate, you gone become a dancer?

Me: I don't know yet. Maybe.

He nodded and switched lanes.

Me: So how are your grandparents?

Lucas: They good I guess. Pa been tryin' ta cook.

I laughed.

Me: He know he burn water.

He laughed.

Lucas: He set the kitchen on fire once.

Okay, that nearly killed me.

Me: For real?

Lucas: Hell yea'. He was trying to make ma some dinner and turned his back fa one second, turned back round and the kitchen was in flames.

I laughed.

Me: I guess it's a good thing that you take after ma then, huh?

He chuckled.

Lucas: I guess so.

Me: They still out here in Cali?

Lucas: Yea' just in Valencia.

Me: I pass through there to get to school.

Lucas: I'll give you the address and you can drop by sometime. They'd want to see you.

Me: Really?

Lucas: Yea', they always loved you.

Me: Okay, I'll stop by sometime.

The rest of the car ride was spent talking about memories and joking on each other.

He parked and I was so excited. I haven't been here in about four years.

Lucas: lemme make something clear, aigh'?

Me: Hm?

Lucas: You ain't payin' fa shit. Got it?

Me: But I-

Lucas: No.

He got out and came around to open my door.

He is so nerve irking.

Lucas: So, what we doing first?

Me: The Disneyland park?

Lucas: If that's what you want, then yea'.

We went inside and he went to go purchase Disney Maxpasses. I stood back and looked at everything. All the people and the food stands and the attractions. It was so cool.

He came back.

Me: Let's go to the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

I walked side by side with him.

Lucas: So why did you pick Disneyland?

Me: Because it's fun and I haven't been here in about four years.

Lucas: Oh yea' the last time we came it was us and our parents.

I laughed as I faintly remembered that time.

Me: Yeah.

( I'm just gonna skip now )

Lucas | 11:48 pm
(His chapter outfit is on his body.)

Kalani was half awake now and we were still inside of the park. She was walking and talking but her speech was late and it didn't make any sense, plus she was swaying, which told me that she was sleepy or drunk.

Kalani: I wonder if stars are actually stars. What if they are-

She cut her self off and I looked over at her to see that she just quit talking.

Me: Are you gon' finish ya sentence babygirl?

Kalani: Who's that, I'm Kalani.

I chuckled and wrapped my arm around her shoulders.

Me: C'mon, the car ain' that far.

She laid her head into my neck and went silent.

I unlocked the car and opened the door.

Me: Aigh' Kalani.

She plopped down in the car and I set the seat to go all the way back. I still clipped the seat belt over her though. I took off my jacket and gave it to her before closing the door and heading over to my side and getting in.

When we got back into our city, it was 12:32 considering it was an hour and some drive but it was barely any traffic and I never go the speed limit.

I shook her as I pulled into her neighborhood.

Me: Princess, wake up. We almost there.

Her eyes opened to look around but then she went back to sleep making me chuckle. I pulled in front of her house since her car was in the driveway and got out. I went over to her side and opened the door, she didn't even move.

I slipped the keys into my pocket and opened her wallet thing for hers.

One thing about Kalani is that she never trusted anyone to go through her wallet besides me. Not her parents, not her friends, only me. I never went through it though unless she told me to or we were in another situation like this one.

After getting her inside the house, I carried her up the steps and into her room. I laid her on the bed and began to undress her.

I slipped her into a pair of shorts and a tank top. I kissed her head before covering her up and leaving out.

- - -

Chapter 7

Is this book going too fast?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.4K 1.3K 26
Katie used to be best friends with a guy. The guy she's had a crush on for as long as she could remember, not that he ever knew it though. But after...
17.6K 477 25
It has been 3 years since Lauren and Josh have seen each other. They are now 21 years old and have both had new experiences. After Lauren and Josh fi...
203K 5.7K 25
Maya loves Riley. Cory can tell. Lucas is cheating. Maya knows. Riley is oblivious to it all.
43.8K 297 16
Amanda's back and it's two years later she has a new life, a new pack but something just isn't right without Damien until he shows up in town and wh...