Reckless Fearless Careless | ✓

By myreadingaddictions

"What are you doing here?" I ask but it comes out as a sob. I don't want him, or anyone for that matter, to s... More

Author's note
Character Aesthetics
1-Who Names Their Kid After A Gargoyle?
2-Sorry Sir, Girl Problems
3-It's Disney Time Bitches
4-Don't Call Me Maxi
5-Are You On Drugs Woman?
6-People Do Stupid Things Whilst Drunk
7-It's Not A Wall, It's A Person
8-Green Eyes Is Feisty
9-When Did You Meet That Idiot?
10-I Used My Friend's Green Crayon Without Telling Her
11-I Hope Max And Mason Have Planned My Funeral
12-I Painted Hugo's Room Hot Pink
13-The Big Bad Boy Needs A Nanny
14-I Completely Wrecked Mum's Car
15-Is He Half Robot Or Something?
16-Covered In Popcorn, Butter And Coke
17-Doing More Than Tutoring
18-Disney Is Life
19-The Tutor Code
20-You Only Won Because Of That Stupid Door
21-I'm Everyone's Type
23-A Royal Pain In The Arse
Character list
24-What The Hell Are You Doing In My Room?
25-You Think You Can Take Me?
26-Overly Thorough Directions
27-Dragged Through The Pits Of Hell
28-I Think I'm Going To Puke
29-Threatened By Random Year Eleven Girls
30-Did He Just Ask Me Out?
31-What's The Worst That Could Happen?
32-Why Am I Thinking Of Him?
33-Get Your Hands Off My Boyfriend
34-Cocky Bastards
35-I Love A Bad Girl
36-You're A Coward
37-Mystery Girl
38-I Dare You To Kiss Me
39-A Lingering Kiss
40-Walking Aimlessly In The Middle Of Nowhere
41-Sleeping With The Headmistress
42-Tearing Off Her Dress
43-How Much Did I Drink?
44-Zucchini Is A Made Up Vegetable
45-I Was His Everything
46-A Disapproving Look
47-I Just Care Too Damn Much
48-He Just Cares Too Damn Much
49-Save Her
50-A Toddler On Crack
51-Strawberry Ice Cream
52-Terrible In Bed
53-I Like You
Epilogue
Bonus #1: The Walls Are Soundproof
Bonus #2: Your Bedsheets Are Funny
New Book

22-Three Girls In One Night

13.6K 413 48
By myreadingaddictions

Chapter 22: Three Girls In One Night

I've spent the last hour pacing around my temporary dressing room and it's safe to say that I might just puke. Camilla said it would only be a half hour break but it's taken way longer to get Wyatt ready, as I've said hair and makeup takes donkeys years.

Me modelling with Wyatt. Why on earth did anyone think that would be a good idea? Actually, why did anyone think me modelling full stop was a good idea?

I'm so camera shy, hate the spotlight and am just plain awkward around people I don't know. Who on earth thought those were good qualities for a model?!

I hear a soft knock on my door and it makes me jump back in surprise. The blonde assistant from before walks in and tells me to go to set before receiving a message on her earpiece and leaving.

Deep breaths. It's just Wyatt. If anything he should make this whole ordeal slightly better.

I slowly walk in the direction I was supposed to, calming myself all the while.

When I finally get there, after a good five minutes, let's just say I got a little lost, everyone was already there waiting for me. "There you are," Camilla smiled, calling me over to her.

I gave her a small smile but my attention wasn't on her or the photographer but the boy standing behind both of them. Taller than them both stands Wyatt, his hair styled effortlessly and his clothes pristine, he looks breathtaking, but of course I'd never tell him this. Wyatt looks right back at me with his electric blue eyes, a smirk playing on his lips. "Finally decide to show up, eh, green eyes," he teases.

I wring my hands in embarrassment. "I may have gotten a little lost," I admit sheepishly.

Wyatt chuckles at this. "Of course you did. Only you, green eyes, only you."

"Wha-" before I can finish my response the photographer, Antonio, cuts me off by clearing his throat.

"I hate to cut the chitchat," he starts in that Spanish accent of his, "but were already behind schedule so we need to get going. Chop, chop." He claps his hands and the blonde assistant–I really need to find out her name–puts us in position.

"Now I want you to both act natural and pretend I'm not here. Since you already know what you're supposed to do," he points to Wyatt, "you can explain it to her, I'll give you a few minutes," Antonio says.

Wyatt sighs. He turns to look at me. "Now, green eyes, just like he said, pretend the camera isn't here and that we're not in the middle of a photo shoot."

"Easier said than done," I mutter back, arms folded.

"I know but I'm not really sure what else to say," he admits. "I was hoping he'd explain it to you because I'm not sure how. I've been modelling for mum most of my life, it just comes naturally, I don't really have a technique," he shrugs.

I think over his words for a few moments. "Okay. So you literally just go for it?" I ask. He nods. "But that's so unlike me."

"I know, green eyes, and that's our dilemma. But besides, it's slightly different now. We're modelling as a pair, not separately, so whatever we do has to coordinate and there has to be a chemistry of some sort."

I visibly shudder before groaning and placing my head in my hands. "I don't know how to do this. I don't know what to do, Wyatt," I whisper to him. "This kind of thing is so new to me. I know I told you that I wanted to be reckless, fearless and careless but it's really hard. I want to do this, to prove to myself I can. The whole point of this was to come out of my shell but I'm scared, Wyatt, I'm terrified," I admit to him in a low whisper so no one around us can hear, not that they're paying attention, they gave us a few minutes of privacy to talk.

Wyatt grabs my wrists gently and pulls my hands away from my face. He lifts my chin up with his thumb and index finger and looks me dead in the eye. "Aurora," he starts softly, his complete attention on me. "I know this must be difficult for you, especially considering how shy you are. Coming out of your shell can't be easy, I don't doubt that but I think you of all people can do it because you have the willpower and sheer determination. Others would give up but you, you're a fighter, you're also damn stubborn. I know I've not known you for too long but over the past few weeks, this is something I've learnt. You have your weak moments but so does everyone. What matters is that you pick yourself back up. What I'm trying to say is that I know you can do this, maybe not on your own but you have me to help you and let's face it, with me on your side you can't fail," he tells me, smirking at the end.

Of course, he had to ruin that with a smirk, just of course. But ignoring that I think over what he said, not moving a muscle. Wyatt doesn't move either, waiting for my response.

When I'm finally about to answer I hear a few clicking noises followed by Antonio's cries of praise. "Yes! Yes! Yes! Now that's what I'm looking for," he cries.

Upon hearing him talk I jump away from Wyatt in fright.

Wyatt sighs but chuckles at me. "One pose down, green eyes."

"And a million to go," I mutter back, scowling, making Wyatt laugh harder.

~*~*~

Three hours later–yep, three fucking hours–we're finally finished. Antonio was determined to get hundreds of shots with numerous different poses so he wouldn't let us stop.

After the whole ordeal, Wyatt wanted a rematch at our game from earlier so insisted on me coming back to his house. I tried to protest, considering how knackered I am, but he was adamant so I gave in, I guess he's a bit of a sore loser.

Once we finally reach his house I sprint for the bathroom, I've needed to go for the last two hours but Antonio wouldn't let me leave the shoot.

It's not until after I wash my hands and exit the bathroom that I realise my grave mistake. I have no clue where the games room is. Fucks sake, I swear this kind of thing always happens to me. It's a wonder how I found the toilet in the first place.

I sigh and begin to guess the way to the games room. After about fifteen minutes I find it, pretty good if you ask me.

I walk in to see Wyatt sitting on one of the sofas talking to a guy who looks vaguely familiar. When the door shuts behind me both boys turn their heads in my direction. "There you are, green eyes," Wyatt says. "What took so long?"

"I got lost," I mumble back, uncomfortable around this new person. I've met so many new people in the last few weeks and I don't think I like that very much.

"Of course you did," Wyatt says, rolling his eyes.

The boy next to Wyatt clears his throat causing Wyatt to remember his presence. "Right, sorry I almost forgot. Aurora this is Eli. Eli meet Aurora," he says, gesturing between the two of us.

I finally bring my eyes to meet Eli's and take a proper look at him. He is wearing a slight smirk and his lip ring is jutting out because of this. His golden blonde hair has been styled to one side but is still voluminous and it almost covers one of his gorgeous hazel eyes. He has a double helix piercing in his left ear along with a left eyebrow piercing. I can also see the ends of a tattoo poking out of this right sleeve and the top of his shirt. I can't, however, get a proper look at his build because he is sitting down.

Eli gives me a once over, his eyes lingering longer than necessary before deciding to speak. "Lovely to meet you, Aurora," he says, reaching over the plush faux leather to grasp my dainty hand in his much larger one and give it a light kiss.

"Just Ari is fine," I tell him in a quiet voice. It's not my fault, I never used to meet so many good looking guys in such a short time span, a girl can only handle so much attractiveness.

"Ari it is then," he says, nodding to himself.

"I feel like I've seen you somewhere before," I blurt out without thinking.

"In your dreams perhaps?" He asks. Cheesy.

When I don't respond Wyatt decides to speak instead. "He goes to our school, green eyes, I'm surprised you didn't know him already."

I shrug in response. "Well he did look familiar, I just couldn't place him."

"Oh, that's where I know you from," Eli cuts in. "I thought you looked familiar too and I never forget a pretty face. You're the girl who James broke up with, right?"

My throat tightens at the mention of James and my stomach starts to flip. Why the hell did he have to mention him, just why? I nod stiffly in response. Eli notices my unwillingness to engage in the subject so changes the topic, smart move. "So tell me, what's a pretty little thing like you doing at this idiots house?" Eli asks, motioning to Wyatt.

Wyatt scoffs and replies before I can. "She's a friend, dude. So don't hit on her, I'd actually rather she stay around than be thrown away like another one of your playthings."

Eli rolls his eyes at this. "Come on man, you know I'd never do something like that."

Wyatt snorts. "Sure, just like you've never hooked up with three girls in one night."

"I can't help it if the ladies want me. It would be downright cruel to refuse them," he defends lamely. So he's definitely a man whore, shame.

I block out the rest of their conversation, not wanting to hear anymore and saunter to an armchair, grabbing a controller on my way. Once I'm comfortable I cut off Wyatt by talking. "So are we having this rematch or what?" I ask.

He smirks at me. "You're going down, green eyes."

Eli snorts. "No offence sweet cheeks but there's no way in hell that you're going to beat him," Eli says.

"Is that a challenge," I raise my brow at him, my previous shyness forgotten because my determination to crush both of them is much stronger. He shrugs. "Then I guess you should play as well," I say with a glimmer in my eyes.

He smirks at me before picking up a controller. "I hope you're ready to lose, sweet cheeks," he sings.

I send him a dry laugh. "Right back at you."

~*~*~

Now you've finally met Eli. There's a lot of characters, I know, so I've decided to put up a character list within the next few updates and I hope it helps you all out :)

Don't forget to vote and comment 💜

Until next time, byeeeeee.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

200 8 8
"What makes you laugh ? Do you think I won't dare to do it ?" I immediately stopped. Was she joking ? It had to be a joke...right ? There's no chanc...
515 43 16
"Marek, don't do this. Keep your captainship. I'll tell the truth about what happened and we'll both be out of the deal." "But-" "I don't know what y...
823 49 19
I could feel his whiskey eyes on me. Felt him stabbing me with his staring. "Can you stop?" I finally pointed it out after being too.. nervous? "St...
5.5K 297 13
"There's just something about you" he said looking at me, almost like he could see my soul "Something about me?... it's the chase Elliot, you'll g...