The Records of Time: Scourge...

By nixblazer

AN OLD WAR BEGINS ANEW Kalina Scarborough is a young teenage orphan who everyone had no hope for. She barely... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10

Chapter 9

27 3 23
By nixblazer

"So this Gretchen Beauchamp says she's a magical girl huh?" Kalina turned her head away from her screen to see Zero sitting on her bed eating a bag of popcorn, a scowl written clearly on her face.

After Kalina was saved from that horde of demons Zero found Kalina conversing with Greta and she at first was somewhat well mannered but Kalina could tell that she was a bit off. Once Zero and Kalina returned back to Nora's building the white haired Demi-God explained that she did not trust "Greta" at all.

"But why don't you trust her exactly?", Kalina wondered as Zero put the popcorn to the side.

"It's probably hard for you to understand but the whole magical girl thing is a dangerous game. The fact that she showed up to save you is suspicious. She could've been after the demons the entire time and watched you from afar and only jumped in to gain your trust. Plus I looked into this Gretchen Beauchamp and there's no info on her whatsoever."

Kalina raised her eyebrow in both shock and intrigue. "What do you mean 'no info whatsoever?"

"Exactly as I said", Zero began. "Her school records her identity it's all forged, none of it real, I've asked my supernatural contacts and even they haven't heard of this Gretchen. And now what do you think that says about her?", Zero asked her voice getting dangerously low.

Kalina sat quiet for a moment the red from the Bayonetta menu screen melding perfectly with Kalina's crimson hair. "Hey Zero, what day is it?"

Zero's eyes turned into a weird combination between shock and confusion. "It's the 30th of April, why?" Kalina smiled, this one more sad then others. "Then today's my birthday."

Zero blinked. "Your serious!?" Zero sputtered getting up from the bed. Kalina just shrugged. "I mean yeah but I don't see what the big deal--", "then we absolutely must celebrate your birthday and I know just how", Zero cheered whilst interrupting Kalina.

The white haired Demi-God snapped her fingers and in a flash of shimmering light a large book bag fell into Kalina's lap. "Pack several changes of clothes and whatever else you may need, and don't ask questions." Normally the crimson haired girl wouldn't mind listening to Zero but this was strange even though it wasn't the weirdest thing Zero's done.

Following the white haired Demi-God's orders Kalina packed her things to find Zero transforming into her strange magician outfit. I really have to ask Zero about how she got that, Kalina noted as she went down to Nora's room to tell her she'd spend sometime at Zero's house.

At first Nora was skeptical but she finally gave in. "Alright then, but call me as soon as you get there, mind your manners, please don't send anyone to the hospital, and call me before you go to bed!" Kalina could only laugh at Nora's words. "Of course, and no promises on that hospital bit!" Kalina shouted quickly and ran upstairs to her room before Nora could say anything else.

Once back in the room Kalina first took notice of the glowing blue spectral sword that the crimson haired girl remembered Zero first used that allowed them to escape that demon pocket dimension. "Hey Zero, was that portal opening skill something you could always do or something you were taught?"

"Let's just say a close friend of mine taught me this trick, but right now we have more pressing matters", she began as she sliced a hole through time and space, a portal of swirling magical energy and pulsing light engulfed the room.

"And just where are we going?" Kalina asked quizzically as she walked up the portal. Zero flashes Kalina a cocky grin. "To the Bayonetta universe my friend." Kalina's eyes widened with surprise before Zero pushed the crimson haired girl into the portal Zero jumping in after her screaming something like "Henshin a go-go baby!"

*****

When the light vanished Kalina was surprised to find herself now on the sidewalk of what appeared to be New York City. Another flash of light appeared and here came Zero, no longer in her magician outfit. Kalina was kind of sad to see it go.

"Um Zero, are you sure your magical teleportation thingy wasn't off, cause this just looks like New York?" Zero told her that she made no mistake as she jumps through worlds on a regular and this is just Bayonetta's world version of New York.

"For your birthday I am granting you the wish of meeting Bayonetta. I would take you to meet Dante but I owe Lady to much money to show my face right now so yeah." If anime clichéd sweat drops could appear then no doubt would their be a large on Zero's face.

It seemed weird to Kalina knowing that all of these realms of fictional characters are real. This naturally got the gears in Kalina's head clicking and turning, particularly about a poster in her room.

"Hey Zero, if all these realms are real what about Madoka--", "don't even think about it" Zero warned as she dragged Kalina by the hand in a random direction.

"My apartment is not far from here, I just have to pick up some things and then I'll take you to the Gates of Hell, Rodin is there twenty-four seven so hopefully Bayo will be there as well."

The walk to Zero's apartment was a long one, and you'd think the girl would just teleport them there, but Zero doesn't wanna waste magic and because she wanted to stop for pretzels and hotdogs along the way.

The little fat cake, Kalina sneered mentally as she munched on her pretzel and sipped some of her Sprite. The duo finally reached Zero's apartment and just went through security, though Kalina doesn't know why as apparently Zero's the only one who lives in the building. Strange.

Once Zero inserted the keys she smiled as she said, "now the real fun can begin." As Zero turned the key into the apartment she put on her best real estate voice.

"Now here as we enter my fine establishment you'll find my place is equipped with---"

"WHAT THE HELL IS THIS!?!?!?!?!" Zero screamed.

Even Kalina had to pause for a moment at the sight before her. In the living room sitting on the couch in front of the tv was a man in a blue shirt and jeans with silver hair and icy blue eyes. Sitting in his lap was a girl wearing a white dress and had shoulder length platinum blonde hair that curled towards the end. And the man was feeding her....grapes?

The girl with platinum blonde hair turned to Zero with a innocent smile on her face, the man on the other hand had one of both shock and maybe even a hint of fear. "Oh Zero your home" the girl cheered. But Zero wasn't having it as she pointed an accusatory finger at both of them.

"Don't you Zero me Kana Marie Parker! I leave you with Vergil for a few days and now your all over him like this is some sort of dramatic Wattpad story!!!!"

"Look Zero let me explain", the man began but Zero wasn't done. "Shut your trap betrayer I want to hear it from her mouth." The girl now known as Kana Marie just sighed. "I lighten up Zero he's only doing this because I threatened to delete the data of all of your video games if he didn't do this for me, I merely took advantage of the situation" she said all with a cutesy smile, and to make matters worse she grabbed the man's hand and eat the grape from his fingers further angering Zero.

"Why you little--", before the white haired Demi-God could do anything the girl instantly vanished into thin air, leaving only light shimmers in her wake. "That little she-devil" Zero mumbled. Kalina coughed to get Zero's attention.

"Right, Kalina this is Vergil from Devil May Cry aka my boyfriend, Vergil this is Kalina Scarborough badass demon fighter magic user lady that is also my star pupil."

Vergil dusted himself off as he stuck out his hand for Kalina to shake, the crimson haired girl frozen in place. "Um Kalina?" Zero snapped fingers in the crimson haired girl's face but still no response.

"Is she normally like this?" Vergil asked in his monotonous icy tone. Zero shook her head. "She's actually much more talkative, maybe she's just excited to meet you, after all she did play all four DMC games." Vergil raised his eyebrow. "What about the reboot?"

Zero glared at Vergil as if he just spoke the ultimate sin. "We will not speak of such garbage here."

Kalina finally came back to earth in complete fangirl mode.

"Oh my god your the real Vergil, like the real Vergil! Do you really have Yamato? How did you mean Zero? How are you not dead? Can I have your autograph? Are you--" Kalina was silenced by Zero's finger as she shushed her.

"I'll answer all of those questions later, but when I remove my finger only ask one of the most important questions on your mind, alright?" Kalina nodded in agreement.

Zero moved her finger and Kalina instantly went to ask the question, "did you two do the thing?"

Instantly Zero's face turned bright pink while Vergil stiffened. "I'm kidding, I wouldn't but into your affairs like that, my real question was who was that Kana Marie chick, I don't remember her from the games?"

"Because she wasn't", Zero spoke.

"Kana Marie was this inter-dimensional being with god-like powers me and Vergil so happened to stumble upon on a mission. She started following me and Vergil around and wrote stories about my adventures. She even published them on Wattpad called the Chronicles of Zero, it's actually not that bad, you should give it a read."

Zero has her own book series!? This I got to read. But I want my own book. Where's my book series you evil holy assholes!?

"That sounds interesting, send me the link to that by the way" Kalina added. "Well Vergil I came to stop by and drop some things off and get something's, me and Kalina are heading over to the Gates of Hell you want anything while while we're out?"

"I'll just order some Dominos love"

Kalina heard Zero mutter something about twins under her breath before giving Vergil a light peck on the cheek before the two headed out.

Kalina's only been in Bayonetta world for about a few minutes and already she's enjoying it. And she hasn't even killed any angels yet."

A/N: Not really short and no action but there will be tons of it in the next chapter. I released this chapter to celebrate because I went to GameStop and found all Final Fantasy XIII games stacked side by side in chronological order. I took it as a sign from God and bought all of them. I absolutely love to play as Lightning.

Sorry I haven't updated anything because I've been working on that Bullet Witch fanfiction which is now officially titled 'The Vanishing Sky' as a reference to the main song of the game and I've also been working on this Kingdom Hearts fanfiction and a new Bayonetta fanfiction that will be released soon called Blood & Darkness with my OC Katerea so if you follow any of those fandoms be sure to be on the look out for those.

The next chapter for this book should be updated soon and yay Bayonetta will be making her appearance along with some other familiar characters.

Hope you all enjoyed and until next time this is Nixblazer signing off. (Does the little Sombra glitch thing before screen goes dark)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

384 31 28
[Spoilers for "Dance in Shadow & Whisper", book 1 of the Marionettes of Myth series!] She stepped through the doors of eternal night. Now the king of...
108K 3.5K 56
After 2 major wars against two galactic superpowers, and the Garmillas refugee crisis of 2205, Japan, a part of the Earth Federation, now is seeing t...
2.2K 452 30
"̷私はここの悪魔です Watashi wa koko no akumadesu. "̷ Original Title of Book: We, Twisted Ones Cover by: (myself) @iisbeissues_2017 Theme song; SIAMES- The Wo...
8K 194 9
Y/n is your average high school student reaching the end of his final year of high school. Well average as a boy from a rich family who goes to a pri...