The Unforgiven { Legolas x OC...

By artalicous

A fellowship is formed to destroy the One Ring to save middle-Earth. They withstand lost, battles, war. What... More

A shadow of the past
Tower of Isengard
Rivendell
The Council of Elrond
The departure from Rivendell
Approaching the Nine
A yak in the Dark
The pass of Caradhras
Gate of Moria
Moria
The Tomb Of Balin
Bridge of Khazad-dûm!
Lothlórien
Lady of Lórien
The Mirror of Galadriel
The unknown blade
Renege upon
Farewell to Lorien
Uruk-hai
Elven Brooch
Rohirrim
Fangorn Forest
The awaken of Théoden King
Mellon im nall- cin!
A sharp pang of Awkwardness!
Mereth en draugr -im
A cherished memory!
Helm's Deep
The Walls of Helm's Deep
Dawn of the East
The Voice of Saruman
Cernin & Aldar
Overwhelming sweetness
The shapeless shadow of the East
Arwen
Yallume!
Lle fiose amin!
Thranduil & Raeves
The Dead answered!
Battle of the Pelennor Fields
Houses Of Healing
A'maelamin!
The Last Debate
The ring is no more
Do you promise?
The Return of the King
Menomenta
Forest of Great Fear
The Elvenking's Hush-Hush
An obsolete rival... or possibly not!
Our family's bonds
Heavenly bliss
Haldir's Outburst
All things gone right!
The wedlock of Elessar & Undómie
Opposing Thranduil
The Elven-Queen's Appurtenance
Smitten intoxication of that one night!
The King of Stone and Wood
The Enchanted River of Mirkwood
The Fall
Dub thee Unforgiven
Distinguishing a friend from a foe!
A chaotic Mess of us!
Just Married!
Namaarie!
Alaesa's return
Markedly Unusual
Keeping them safe
Alaesa demands
Confronting Legolas
Narv- ráw
Unveiled & Awaken
Emotions
The end of all Evil
Departures

Sense of Hollow Grief

2.1K 60 5
By artalicous

3019, January 17

The night was still young, with the colors of a mixture of blue and gold. The group of nine was slowly stepping down at Galadhon Lawn. The Elves had set up tents there and brought food and clothes. They were in a pavilion set among the trees near the fountain. They laid on soft couches as Elves left food and wine for them.

All, except one, sat on the couches near the fountain. The outcast didn't follow them. She noted the tent on the east part of Galadhon Lawn. Outside the tent was standing a maiden, that had just walked out of the tent.

"I have placed some clean clothes on your bed. Soap, towels can be found in the main hall. Feel free to leave your attire, there after cleaning up. You can rest in this tent. The streams are located South and North. Do you need anything else my Lady?" She asked politely gazing at Ethir with a smile.

Ethir bowed slightly "Thank you! That is more than enough." she responded.

The maiden nodded and left.

Ethir stepped inside the tent. She laid her sword down against the bed. Next, she grabbed the clean clothes, without even noticing; the type of clothing. She strolled over, where the main hall. She picked up soap and towels. She walked south and turned to the north. Finally, she had reached the streams. She was drained and her brain was still wheeling, emotionless.

She stared at the waters. They were so clean, and perfect. Like crystal cold water. She stripped her clothes aside. Her left foot softly touched the surface of the water. It wasn't cold, she was wrong. It was warm. Ethir grabbed the soap and swam deeper inside the stream. The water touched her skin, softly. The light waves stroked against her. She felt her muscles yank. Her bones cracked. Every part of her body was softening and relaxing.

She lifted her arm and started rubbing her hair with the soap. She lowered down, washing her neck next. Slowly, her body was losing some orc blood that was stained against her skin. The waters around her became black. She had to spend the whole bar of soap until every inch of dirt left her body. When she was done, she was cleaner than ever. She slowly stepped outside, picked up her towels, and dried herself.

Afterwards, she wore the clean underwear that was given to her by the elves. Then she grabbed the next layer of clothing. She paused and lowered her gaze. She blinked, confused. She looked at the piece of clothing for over a few seconds. Until she finally wore it. She was too worn, to complain. It was the first time she was wearing a gown. And elfish silver slippers.

Back at the tents, the Hobbits were settling down to rest. An Elf song could be heard. The rest were still sitting close to the fountain. They had already cleaned themselves, and eaten. Now they just needed to rest.

'A Olórin I yaresse' (Olórin who once was)

'Mentaner I Numeherui (Sent by the Lords of the West)

'Tírien I Rómenóri' (To guard the Lands of the East)

A Soft song was to be heard, as the Elves sang.

"A lament for Gandalf." noted Legolas. He was wearing a silver robe of velvet-like attire. That was given to him by the Elves of Lorien. It was more formal than his archer attire. Mirkwoodian Elves wore thicker clothes, also made of a velvety yet sturdy material. It was a simple attire of tunics over leggings, in greens and browns to blend into their surroundings.

"What do they say?" Merry asked.

"I have not the heart to tell you. For me, the grief is still too near." The Elf responded as he paused, listening to the Elvish song. Then he turned and walked east. Outside the first tent on the right, he paused and lifted his head, gazing at the golden roof of the Mallorn trees. Later on he remained, outside. His back turned against the entrance of the tent, as he listened at the lament.

'Maiaron I Oiosaila' (Wisest of all Maiar)

'Manan Elye Etevanne' (What drove you to leave)

'Nórie I Malanelye?' (That which you loved?)

Ethir left her dirty clothes, to be washed. Then step after step, slowly she returned to the tent on the East side. Her gaze was low, she wasn't paying any attention to her surroundings. For the first time in her life, she was lost. The lament for Gandalf made that feeling worse. She kept walking, unsure where she was going.

Suddenly, she slammed herself against someone. She lifted her gaze, only to find out it was Legolas. She stared at him, with an empty look. The elf tilted his head, looking back at her. Noticing she was wearing a light blue/silver lacy gown with ethereal fabrics which gave her a mystical air. A few layers were made of silk with wide sleeves. The dress was given Ethir a strange royal look. Her hair seemed longer and straight, as it was still wet. She seemed pale, and white, like she wasn't well.

Both remain there gazing at each other with blank stares. Ethir didn't find the elf dazzling, and the Elf didn't find her dark. She felt her chest tighten. Her emptiness was slowly retreating. And signs of strong emotions were emerging to be read by the elf one by one. The sudden thought of Gandalf tore her heart. Distressed than ever before.

A tear appeared at the edge of her eye. It slowly ran against her face, surprising even the elf. In her short, mortal life she had never shut a tear. Not, when she found out her parents were dead. Neither when she found out she was a bloodline of Sauron. Never. 'Why now?'

However, her mind had an answer. 'Gandalf!'

She lowered her gaze, and more tears appeared. There was no way, she could stop them. And honestly, she wasn't sure if she wanted to. She felt the sorrow, fill her heart up. It was suffocating her. A range of emotions erupted inside her. Waves of emotions took her over. She shivered, and her muscles tightened. Tears, and more tears. She couldn't stop. Her mind was lost, in the despair. She had shut down, after the loss of Gandalf.

A tremendous sadness took over Legolas, as he could now feel her emotions. There was no darkness, nothing wicked. There was only grief. So much grief. He never expected to find it inside, this certain human. The Elf knew it very well that 'Everyone grieves in their own way and at their own pace.' But he never thought that Ethir was a person that had ever experienced such a feeling. And he was right. As it was the first time, she lost someone very important to her.

Her black wide eyes were simultaneously dry and leaking. Her throat thickened, and a heavy weight was stuck against her chest. Legolas turned all his focus on her. Every detail, the elf noticed it and felt it. Though, he didn't speak. No words were needed here. He softly lifted his left arm, moved it under her arm against her side, and let it rest on her back. His touch was light, Ethir could barely feel it. Memories of Gandalf slowly filled her mind. Those brought her more shock.

Unexpectedly, she leaned against the Elf. Her head rested on his chest. Legolas' right hand now, rested against the back of her head. His left hand softly tapped her back. The emotions became stronger, heartbreaking. Ethir's eyes became redder. Her chest arced more, as she clinched against him. They stood like that, for a long time.

Until Legolas, managed to notice that they were seen by other Elves. He softly backed, pulling Ethir with him. One step, two steps, and a third there were in the tent. His hands were still resting against Ethir, as she drifted more against the elf. The unstable grief overloaded the Elf, causing deep sorrow. He softly sat on the bed, and leaned against it, slowly lying down. He pulled Ethir with him, letting her rest against his chest.

Ethir cried, until she had no more tears left. She fell asleep after all her energy and stamina was drained. The mourning had run its course. The heaviness was in her limbs as much as her mind. All the grief and sadness, she had gathered in her small mortal life, was released. It caused her a deepening of the pain. It was more than crying, it was a desolate sobbing that comes from a person drained of all hope. The pain that flowed from her had reached the Elf. Struggling, he also had to sleep. The mourning was too deep. He became tired and fell asleep.

The day came pale from the East. As the light grew it filtered through the yellow leaves of the mallorn. Ethir opened her eyes, strangely and fast. The morning was supposed to be something dignified and stoic, but Ethir cried like a child, noisily, with running snot and choking sobs last night. She let her hand slowly wiping the rest of the tears away. She was all right now. Her heart was wounded and she was sad for losing Gandalf. But somehow, her chest didn't tighten her any longer. The weight was gone. As she sobbed it all out.

She let her hand rest down, only to notice that the surface below her wasn't steady. It was breathing. Puzzled, she raised her eyes only to meet with Legola's gaze. Silence filled the room. Her mind was lost last night. She forgot what had happened. She blinked a few times gazing at him. Then she lowered her gaze and noticed all the tears and sobs, against the Elf's silver rope. The words wouldn't come out. What could she say to the Elf? She just wanted to run away. She sat up, glancing at him one more time.

Legolas had awoken a few minutes earlier. He had gained all his energy. He felt better than last night. He also noted that part of Ethir's dark aura was back. That meant she was feeling better. He looked at her, waiting for her reaction. He pulled himself up and sat against the bed, gazing at her. Trying not to stare at her hair.

Ethir stood up at once. She fixed her dress. She paused for a nanosecond, as she only then noted she was actually in a dress. Legolas, lightly rose up, after her. He lifted his arm to grab her. But she had already rushed off the tent. She felt odd and didn't want to talk about what had happened last night.

Finally, she was out of his reach. She was inches away, from the tent. The sun was shining bright. She gazed up, only to observe it wasn't only the sun. The golden colors, and the shiny elves. 'Great the dazzling days are back' she thought. She was interrupted when Gimli suddenly stood next to her.

"Good morning, Lass! Did you sleep well?" the dwarf asked with a curious tone in his voice. He gazed at her, noticing the gown. And that she was actually looking great in it.

Ethir stared back at him "Actually, I did, Gimli." she responded honestly, taking a deep breath and stretching her arms.

Gimli smiled gazing at her "And wearing a gown. I could say you look great in it!" He told her, still gazing at her face. Her eyes were still swollen and red. Though, she seemed attractive.

"You could say?" she asked "Then I don't look great?"

"No, the gown fits you, great Lass. The hair is destroying the look." Gimli laughed.

Ethir glared at Gimli and touched her hair. Only then did she notice, her wavy curls were back. Her messy look was there. She lifted her hair up and formed a ban. " I better go fix this!" she shouted and ran off. However, the reason she ran was Legolas. As he followed her outside, and was only a few steps away from Gimli.

"You should be more gentle with the ladies Dwarf!" Legolas suggested as he was fixing his robe, and gazing at Ethir who was running off.

Gimli glanced at Legolas and then at the tent "Come now, lad, you did see her hair."

Legolas smirked "Indeed, I have." The look was quite funny. Better than last night "I never thought, she would have a funny side."

"You may find it funny Laddie, but I am not sure she was amused," Gimli commented looking confused. "Now tell me this. Did she sleep in the first tent?"

"Yes, I think it's her tent," Legolas answered.

Gimli paused and thought, then he cast a deep glance over Legolas. "And where did you sleep?" he wanted to know confused.

"At the tent over there." Legolas turned and pointed him to the same tent.

"I see. So that tent.." Gimli looked at it.

Legolas is not sure why Gimli was really asking, dumb questions like those. "Yes, Gimli that one," he said with a loud tone.

"So, you are saying laddie that you and that human shared the same tent?" the dwarf noted, with a baffled look.

Legolas nodded "Aye, not only the tent, we shared a bed too." he simply answered.

Gimli's jaw fell "I never thought you lad as a women's man. Maybe i was wrong?"

Only then did Legolas, why the dwarf was confused. He cracked a smile and looked at Gimli leaning a hand on his shoulder "Well, my friend, there is still a lot to be learned." he teased him. Though he didn't reveal the truth.

Ethir didn't run far away. Her stomach was complaining. She was hungry. Thankfully, there was a lot of food and wine close to the fountain. She didn't bother with all the strange looks over her. Now, her darker side was noticeable. Some were gazing because of the dark aura, and some due to her attire. Though, Ethir didn't care. She grabbed a plate and filled it up. There were mostly vegetables.

"Elves and the Veggies," she whispered to herself and took a bit. She went on eating, trying not to recall last night's event. Though she had to admit, she owned the Elf a 'thank you'. But that is a moment to be told, later on.

((Next Chapter: 16))

[last edit 2021/04/17]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.5K 1.2K 20
Once Gandalf offers him a seat among the Council of Imladris, Gilan joins the fellowship on its way to destroy the One Ring. He is, however, met with...
47.9K 1.3K 25
She was an evil elf who had never known love, nor did she plan to. She was raised with orcs and the black speech. When Elrond "rescues" her she meets...
46.2K 1.6K 49
Eadrid was the daughter of Kings, and a Captain among men. Though she remained fierce, she was determined to be the leader that desired to serve her...
283K 7.9K 36
Farren and her brother Aragorn have wandered Middle Earth for the best part of a century, however with the discovery of the One Ring Farren is thrown...