Hood » LotR ((ON HOLD))

By when-they-write

❝ Hood. Robin Hood, at your service. ❞ Robin wasn't sure how he managed to get caught in the middle of a war... More

Chapter One: Hood
Chapter Two: I Sold It
Chapter Three: The Avari
Chapter Four: To Imladris
Chapter Five: The Road to Gondor
Chapter Six: Darkness Not Defeated
Chapter Seven: Welcome to Gondor
Chapter Eight: Elessar
Chapter Nine: The Execution of Robin Hood
Chapter Ten: Not Quite Dead
Chapter Eleven: A Deal
Chapter Twelve: Frenemies and Enemies
Chapter Thirteen: Sewage and Angry Kings Don't Mix
Chapter Fourteen: Gwath
Chapter Fifteen: The Dead Marshes
Chapter Sixteen: On the Verge
Chapter Seventeen: Don't Follow the Lights
Chapter Eighteen: The Plan
Chapter Nineteen: Desert Battle
Chapter Twenty: Captive
Chapter Twenty-One: Sacrifice
Chapter Twenty-Two: Welcome to Dorwinion
Chapter Twenty-Three: The Slave Market
Chapter Twenty-Four: Unexpected
Chapter Twenty-Five: How the Tables Turn
Chapter Twenty-Six: Fate
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Silothrien
Chapter Twenty Eight: Familiar Eyes

A/N ~ Teaser ~ Cast

2K 89 312
By when-they-write

Welcome all, to my newest fanfiction, Hood!

A bit of backstory: 

I've always had this unhealthy obsession with Robin Hood. Then my obsession turned to Middle Earth. Then one day I thought... I should write a Robin Hood/Middle Earth crossover, fanfic, thingymabob!

So, here it is! Or at least, here is the teaser. I'm getting the final plans ironed out and the first chapter written. But do expect an update this week!

Disclaimer: this will not affect my regular Thursday updates of Veiled Stars. VS shall come first, as it is my precious right now. 

But my mind is always wandering and I've been mulling over this idea for some time... so I suppose we shall see!

Anyway, if you have made it this far, I'm glad. And I really hope you enjoy Hood! Please, feel free to comment, I love hearing the reader's thoughts. And if you really enjoy, vote!

Shoutout to the VS squad! I hope you guys enjoy this new fic!

Disclaimer pt2: I do not own Tolkien's original creations of Middle Earth or any of that wonderful stuff he has already written. I do own my OC's and any of my own plots, but the rest is his.

Teaser:

Robin's first mistake had been stealing the King's sword.

His second had been selling it for anything less than a thousand gold coins.

And his third might have been allowing the King's most trusted friends catch his trail.

Robin had been on the run for days. He was tired, he was hungry, and his legs felt like molten lead.

He had decided.

He absolutely hated running.

He had hoped that if he retreated deep enough into Chetwood, then perhaps his pursuers would finally give up.

But either they had the resolve of an Oliphaunt or they were positive Robin wasn't going to last much longer.

And if it was the latter, he grudgingly realized they were right.

He was tired and worn down, despite having a much higher tolerance to long periods without sleep or food.

He needed a bloody break.

Or a drink.

Robin had turned course a day ago and was now heading for Bree. If he was lucky enough, perhaps he would be able to get lost in the crowd, then make his escape.

Or at the very least, he'd go down with an ale in hand and a smile on his face.

His bow jostled...

End of teaser.

Bwahaha, so whadda think? 

Characters:

Wilin: born of elven Avari heritage, Wilin (bird in elvish) took to thieving after the death of his parents during the War of the Ring. To keep attention from his true blood, he cut his hair like that of man and went by the name of Robin, which later became known as Hood due to his mysterious identity.

The Three Hunters: King Elessar, Prince Legolas, and Gimli son of Gloin. After the War of the Ring, Aragorn became king and Legolas and Gimli became his most trusted companions, helping rid the land of the remaining evils.

Morchant: Morchant claims to be the successor of Morgoth and Sauron, claiming their fea (spirit) rests in him. It is unknown if he is man, elf, or truly black spirit, but he bears powers of the Ring which should not be possible. Many fear he is inhabited by the spirits of Sauron and Morgoth and fear he will try to claim the next Dark Lord.

Gwath: Gwath is Morchant's right-hand man and is the descendant of Draugluin, or the first king of the werewolves. He is the current leader of the surviving werewolf race and has uncanny power over werewolf and warg alike. Hates the free peoples of Middle Earth and vowed to do what he must to destroy all of them, one by one.

The Black Numenoreans: the followers of Morchant, fallen men who worship Morgoth and Sauron. As his armies and his followers, they will do anything for Morchant as they believe he is the future Dark Lord of Middle Earth.

Eldarion Telcontar: the son of Aragorn and Arwen. Only around six at the time, he is Aragorn's and Arwen's world and their only child.

Aria: a strange mortal born with the manipulation over wolf and warg alike. It is not known for sure what side she is truly loyal to, but after her offered services to Aragorn against Morchant, she will either play a role in the saving of Middle Earth, or its downfall.

Elanor: a young Ranger with a secret past. Knew Aragorn as a child during his time with the Dunedain and grew up among the Rangers, determined to prove her worth. Rose to one of the best in the land and is almost unbeatable with a bow.

Thralor: the younger brother to Gimli, Thralor was raised by Dain Ironfoot until his death. After the events of the war, he traveled to Gondor to see Gimli and has stuck around with the trio of three since. Impeccably strong and despises Legolas and the elves, despite his brother's insisting of their good nature.

Elladan and Elrohir: the twin sons of Elrond, they both took up ruling Rivendell after the departure of their father over the sea. Elladan stays as the Lord of Rivendell despite the dwindling numbers of the elves, while Elrohir travels throughout Middle Earth, aiding the Rangers and assisting Aragorn in what ways he can. Both still share love for Aragorn and vow to help him against the new evils in whatever way possible.

So those are the characters! What do you guys think?

Expect an update in the first chapter sometime this week (as well as an update for VS). I really hope you guys enjoy this, I'm super excited!

See you Tolkienites later. Have a lovely day! -rh27writer

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 160 19
𝗔𝗿𝗮𝗴𝗼𝗿𝗻 𝘅 𝗟𝗲𝗴𝗼𝗹𝗮𝘀 "Blood and lives were getting lost but none lost their courage. Despite the violent atrocity that had unfolded month...
2.2K 84 29
Twenty years have passed since Erebor was recaptured. Kili and Malia lead a quiet life until one day a messenger from Rivendell comes. They both join...
67.7K 1.8K 33
It's been 60 years since Amara Silverhood traveled with the Company of Thorin Oakenshield, but the pain in her heart remains as ever present as the d...
81.7K 2.3K 39
Elarinya, a woman with an elvish name, was one of the many terribly affected by the War of the Ring. Even though Sauron was defeated, evil still lurk...