My Fake Boyfriend (Complete)

By narcissusflower

#6 in BOOKS and #33 in CHICKLIT(highest ranking )---- Jessie is hopeless about finding love, after asking ou... More

Before you read
Characters
Summary
Author's Note
1.Jessie
2. Nathan
3. Jessie
4. Nathan
5. Jessie
6. Nathan
7. Jessie
8. Nathan
9. Jessie
10. Nathan
11. Jessie
12. Nathan
13. Jessie
14. Nathan
15. Jessie
Covers
16. Nathan
18. Nathan
19. Jessie
20. Nathan
21. Jessie
22. Nathan
23. Jessie
24. Nathan
25. Jessie
26. Nathan
27. Jessie
28. Nathan
29. Jessie
30. Nathan
31. Jessie
32. Nathan
33. Jessie
34. Nathan
35. Jessie
36. Nathan
37. Jessie
38. Nathan
39. Jessie
40. Nathan
41. Jessie
42. Nathan
43. Jessie
44. Nathan
45. Jessie
46. Nathan
47. Jessie
48. Nathan
49. Jessie
50. Nathan
51. Jessie
52. Nathan
53. Jessie
54. Nathan
55. Jessie
56. Nathan
57. Jessie
58. Nathan
59. Jessie
60. Nathan
61.Jessie
62. Nathan
63. Jessie
64. Nathan
65. Jessie
66. Nathan
67. Rachel
68. Nathan
69. Rachel
70. Nathan
71. Jessie
72. Nathan
73. Jessie
74. Nathan (Final)
Follow Me

17. Jessie

1.7K 87 14
By narcissusflower

Jessie

Today was Nathan's birthday, and his parents worked very hard for the party they were throwing for him. Even Rachel bought him suit with her own money which she had collected for other things she had wanted to buy for herself. She bought us both dresses too, at first I was against the idea. I didn't think expensive dresses were needed to look pretty. It was just a party after all (well according to me). But my friend insisted, so here I was wearing my new dress.

I won't complain and say this was out of my comfort zone. Because I do care about fashion. It was black and knee length, which meant I could sit comfortably. Also it was formal, which is what I needed for this party, since the Evans like formal clothes and parties very much. Rachel was an expert in in picking clothes, she was even better than Emma. And I happen to have learnt something from both of them. I put on some light makeup, and curled the ends of my hair. I stared at myself one more time in the mirror and smiled. This is the look I had wanted. Simple and formal. Just when I was about to put on some Miss Dior perfume on my neck, I heard someone calling me.

"Jessie?"

I stopped in my tracks, and looked around in search for the sound. But there was no one in my room, and that voice belonged to Sam. I frowned. Well he's not here, was it Rachel calling me?

I put the perfume on my neck, put my favorite necklace on, and grabbed my black purse, which had my phone and some money in it. I was about to walk out of my room, when I suddenly realized I have forgotten Nathan's present, and went back for it.

"Rachel?" I called, and put my not so high heels on, since I was used to trainers more than heels, but they still looked feminine and cute with my dress.

"Yeah?" She replied, and walked out of her room just as I was about to go in.

"These stupid earrings!" She exclaimed, I gasped when I saw her. She had a pink dress on which was very beautiful, unlike me she had straightened her hair. And she was pouting as she was struggling to put her earrings on, her purse in her other hand.

"You look pretty." I beamed at her.

"Thank you. You look better girl, have you looked at yourself in the mirror?" She grinned.

"Did you call my name?" I asked her.

"Nope." She said popping the p in the end.

"Weird... I imagined Sam calling my name." I mumbled.

"It's the aftereffects of being rejected..." She muttered. "So, don't worry."

I bit my lip, and didn't respond. We took a cab and went to Annabelle's Event Hall where the party was taking place. On the way, I remembered Sam, and Emma's hidden relationship. And I remembered that both of us ,me and Emma, lied about our feelings, who wouldn't have a crush on a guy like Sam anyways?

"You invited Emma as I told you, right?" I asked Rachel. She rolled her eyes and sighed. I was taking it better than her. I didn't know why she was angrier than me, It looked like it had happened to her and not me. I was angry too, but Emma was in the same condition as me, maybe she was just not ready to tell us, maybe she hated him first, but when she got to know him and they were into one another, she felt embarrassed to tell me and Rachel the truth. Those were all good enough possibilities, so there was no need to make a big deal out of it.

"Yeah. I did. I still can't believe you are being kind to her, after what happened." She muttered.

"She's our best friend." I said. I felt Rachel's eyes on me, then she looked away without saying anything. We were soon there, me and Rachel hurriedly went inside, we didn't want to be late. I didn't even have time to admire the view, but I knew it's gorgeous. Rachel greeted some people around our age whom I haven't met before, so I was just standing there awkwardly listening to them, and pretending to be enjoying the conversation.

"Girls!"

I looked up and saw Emma walking towards us, she pulled each of us into a tight hug, Rachel was surprisingly calm, and she pretended nothing has happened. Which was something I was glad for.

"I was looking for you two, why did you arrive late?" Emma asked, her curly hair was straightened and she was wearing a very nice pink dress.

"Rachel was taking longer than ever." I said, Rachel glared at me, but with a hint of smile on her lips.

"I wasn't taking that much." She mumbled.

The three of us seemed to be just like before. Even Rachel's temper was soon forgotten the moment she saw Emma, who are we kidding? Emma is like a sister to both of us. I'm Rachel's close friend, but so is Emma. She can't choose between us.

"Umm... guys I have to tell you something..." Emma said. I and Rachel stared at each with knowing glances, and back at Emma.

"I have a boyfriend," She continued "Back from college. His name is Samuel Davies, Jessie already knows him."

"Congratulations, girl." Rachel said coldly. "I'm happy for you." But Rachel didn't look happy at all, this was unnoticed by Emma of course, who was so happy for telling us the big news.

"I'm happy for you." I told her genuinely, ignoring my heavy heart.

"Thank you." She grinned.

Rachel's eyes softened and she grinned "There's Nathan, let's go." The three of us went towards Nathan and another guy, I recognized the other guy from the way he moved his hands when he talked. It was none other than Samuel Davies. I wanted to run away from there but it was too late, we had already reached them. We didn't hear what they were talking about, but they stopped talking the moment they saw us.

"Nathan!" Rachel exclaimed and threw herself in his arms. Her brother chuckled and hugged her.

"Happy birthday!" She said and pulled away, then she handed him the little box in her hands which was wrapped perfectly and beautifully.

Nathan unwrapped it slowly with a huge smile playing on his lips, he seemed like he already knew what the gift was.

"An iPod?" He laughed out loud. "You already know I don't have time for music. Let me guess. This is your way of saying: enjoy life more, Nathan!"

"Exactly!" Rachel beamed. She always had weird ideas and thoughts, even when it came to birthday gifts, I remember when we were in high school she bought soap for a girl in our mathematics class, the whole class was confused, but Rachel said proudly 'It's for you to wash your heart, you stupid girl."

But Nathan looked very happy about his present, he examined the white iPod in his hands, and put it back in the box.

"Thank you, Rachel. I will." Nathan said gently. Emma and Sam gave their presents to Nathan too, Emma's was a yellow spinner. Sam's was a few video games. It was finally my turn, I handed him my present feeling a little embarrassed that was a little larger than the others and it wasn't beautifully wrapped like Rachel's.

Nathan unwrapped it, and smiled as he saw what it was.

"It was expected..."He said, as he showed the others what it was, I have bought him Pride and Prejudice. "Thank you, Jessie. I will read it."

"You're welcome," I mumbled, finally noticing Sam's gazes on me. I couldn't take it anymore and excused myself. I went straight to rest rooms, I was breathing fast by the moment I arrived there. I looked at the mirror, and frowned. I didn't like the reflection, I didn't like that my cheeks were pink, and I looked tired. I unzipped my purse, and took out the concealer and my nude lipstick, I applied them again. I stayed there for a while, breathing deeply to calm myself. Feeling peaceful that I was there all alone, without having to see Emma and Sam. But the peace I had was soon gone, when the door of the lady's restroom was opened and Sam came in. We stared at each other for a while, then I looked away feeling my cheeks flush again, and my heart beat faster.

"I-it's the other door." I stuttered then cleared my throat, cursing myself in my mind for stuttering and getting nervous in front of Samuel Davies.

"What?" He asked. Looking calm and collected, unlike me. Also looking very handsome.

"The men's restroom... It's the other door." I said, this time my voice seemed thankfully stronger.

"I came to talk to you." He said, as he walked towards me.

"W-we have nothing to talk about, I don't want to talk." I stuttered.

"We do. I need to talk to you please." Sam's pleading voice was enough to make me do anything he wanted at that moment, but I shrugged those feelings off mentally and tried to focus on what's right and wrong.

"Alright, talk." I said, and crossed my arms over chest.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.5K 4.1K 39
Claire Cross is living two completely different worlds in her life: one of a happy child. The other one of a bullied student. She's not like your nor...
20.8K 869 39
Savannah goes on holiday with her boyfriend, Theo, and her friends. She thinks she loves Theo more than anything and he gives her the world. They're...
659K 34.6K 31
When Kay leaves home to discover herself and meets Brian, the handsome scarred owner of a coffee shop that shares her name, she must decide if she h...
2.7M 90.5K 45
**Highest Ranking : #1 in Chicklit** [ A WATTPAD FEATURED STORY ] Mabel Carter traveled half way across the country to attend college and get away...