Hunter

By LovelyWriter123

When Aubrey meets the handsome Hunter Grey she can't help but want to know more about the mysterious stranger... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34

Chapter 30

70.1K 1.5K 117
By LovelyWriter123

Chapter 30

Aubrey's POV

"H-how?" I stuttered feeling my heart pound in my chest

My dad never mentioned he knew Hunter and neither did he. For an unknown reason I felt my stomach knot nervously.

"It's not my story to share Aubby if you call your dad it would be best." uncle Matt answered as he leaned back into the vinyl booth

"Uncle Matt please if there is something I need to know tell me now." I pleaded desperately

Pursing his thin lips up I could see he was debating whether to tell me or not. How important is this secret that he can't tell me himself?

Twisting my fingers together I found myself thinking of Hunter and how he knew my father. Maybe through a mutual friend, or maybe my dad knew someone close to Hunter? As much as I wanted to come up with explantation for how they knew each other I couldn't shake the sinking feeling I had when uncle Matt mentioned Hunter.

All of this smells to fishy, Hunter, my dad, the mate thing, Sam and Holden. My head spun in confusion as I tried connecting everything.

"Fine I'll just go get answers else where." I said as I slid out of the booth

"From who?" uncle Matt asked

Placing a few bills down to cover the cost of my coffee and his I grabbed my phone.

"Hunter." I said as I headed to the door

Hunter won't lie to me. As I reached for the door knob uncle Matt went for it first and gripped my arm a bit too tight. He pulled me out into the haze summer morning with people watching us out of curiosity.

I struggled to get free yet still no one in the diner even attempted to stop him. To be honest I don't blame them my uncle is the kind of guy you don't mess with.

"Are you insane Aubrey?" he whisper shouted as he looked from side to side as if someone would jump out of no where

Shaking his arm off I moved away from my uncle not liking the fearful expression on his face. I've seen my uncle happy, sad, pissed off but never afraid. The new emotion unsettled me.

"For getting answers you won't give me." I hissed back

"No, for going back to that monster. I don't want you to ever go near that boy again." he ordered sternly

I shook my head as I looked him over with a look of puzzlement.

"I'm serious Aubrey he's dangerous and I don't want you to be anywhere near that animal."

"Hunter would never hurt me." I defended immediately

He placed his hands on his hips as he licked his upper lip. He tilted his head up before releasing a long breath.

"Has Hunter told you about his family?" he asked

Now we're getting somewhere, I backed out of the sun and into the shade of a large oak tree beside the old fashioned diner.

"Only that they were killed." I answered

Uncle Matt mimicked my movement as he leaned his back against the rough tree trunk.

"Good you know they were killed by a out of control wolf but what I'm guessing he didn't mention was it wasn't just any old wolf, it was a special kind of wolf."

The hairs on the back of neck stood on end at the word special I'm not sure why though.

Before continuing uncle Matt sighed still unsure if he should be telling me this deep dark secret.

"A young wolf was injured in a battle nearly six years ago, doctors said he had a few hours at best but his father-the alpha wouldn't let his son die. So he sent a message to all packs that if they could save his son he'd give two third of his territory to them. One person replied claiming he had a serum that could heal any wounds, the alpha was desperate and gave it to his son. Miraculously the young wolf was healed minutes after he was injected."

He paused closing his eyes from whatever was coming next.

"What the man lacked to tell the alpha was the side effects of the serum which everyone soon discovered too late. The boy changed into a ruthless beast with glowing red eyes- he slaughter the pack in merely hours."

The thudding of my heart in my ears was abnormally loud I barely heard the last part. Glowing red eyes, like the glowing red eyes Hunter occasionally has. The same red eyes I learned to love are the ones that witnessed the terror of a town as it killed them.

My stomach churned as I thought of what Holden said yesterday.

'I'm sure you've seen the murders on tv'. Hunter killed that boy who delivered the flowers to my apartment, and the group of teens in the forest.

It's true! My legs trembled beneath me, steadying myself against the side of the diner I struggled to speak.

"H-hunter.." I swallowed the lump in my throat unable to finish

"Yes Hunter is that wolf and Sam is the man that gave him the serum."

"But you said dad knew Hunter." I said

He nodded his head before turning to my shaky state. Wrapping his arm around my shoulder he held me to his side in support.

"Sam was jealous and angry that Red Crest was growing stronger so he forced Jerry to make the serum although your dad didn't know the purpose at the time." uncle Matt said watching for my reaction

My dad made the serum? He did mention the project he worked on with Sam but why would Sam be so cynical? He killed a pack although it was Hunter who did the actual killing Sam knew the side effects.

He wanted to get rid of Hunter's pack and he teased Hunter yesterday about his wolf. Sam isn't even guilty that he killed innocent people and for what?

"I'm sorry Aubrey I know it's a lot to take in." he apologized

Leaning into my uncle I found myself fighting off tears, Hunter is a murder. A cold blooded murder. But he's not, a voice shouted.

That day he picked me up in the rain-when he told me about his family Hunter was sad but could I have missed the guilt?

"What do I do?" I sniffed

Last night Hunter marked me, we spent the bight in each others embrace. I felt whole for what feels like the first time in my life, I felt the overwhelming love for him swallow me whole and now I'm suppose to just forget him?

"Stay away from him sweetheart it'll hurt because your mated but it's the best thing to do."

I snapped my head up feeling as if a heated iron rod was plunged into my heart.

"I love him uncle Matt." I admitted

As the words passed my lips I realized that I did love Hunter. It startled me that I could love him in such a short time.

Uncle Matt's brows knitted together in confusion. He can't understand how I feel, I barely understand it but I know I love Hunter Grey.

"I don't know what to do." I sighed

How can I be with a killer? But how can I stay away from the man I love? My head spun in confusion as I weighed my options.

"This mate stuff is not my subject Aubrey, I think you should talk to your dad."

As angry as I am with my dad for doing this to Hunter in the first place I can't really blame him. And I can't figure this out without him.

I typed a quick text for him to meet me at the diner. He replied almost immediately saying he'd be here in ten minutes.

"Can you stay here though?" I asked needing my uncle at my side

The corners of his mouth lifted slightly. "Of course Aubby." he said as he held me to his side

Hugging him tightly I felt a set of tears -one of many to come trail down my cheeks.

True to his word my dad arrived in his red Nissan pathfinder with my mom riding in the passenger side. She jumped out of the SUV with a look of relief on her face as she ran over to us.

"We were so worried." she wailed as my dad came up to her side with the same wave of relief

Wiping my eyes of any tears I stepped away from uncle Matt who I've been weeping on for the past ten minutes.

"I called you out here for your help." I said with my eyes pinned on my dad who looked behind me to uncle Matt

My mom sucked in a breath as she covered her mouth thinking the worst probably.

"I know everything dad, about your project with Sam and Hunter." I swallowed the lump in my throat as I said his name "And I don't know what to do." I said my voice cracking slightly

Both my parent's eyes widened as they registered what I said before a mixture of fear and regret spread across their shocked features. I don't care about how guilty they feel right now, what I want is for them help me.

"You mated." my dad said as he sniffed the air

I nodded unable to find my voice as images of my wonderful night with Hunter replayed in my head like a tragic love story.

"I love him and I don't want to be away from him but how can I ignore the fact that he's a killer?" I sobbed

Peeling away from dad my mom rushed to my side and wrapped her arms around me. She rocked me back and forth like she use to when I was a child as I cried into her shoulder hating myself for being so emotional.

"Oh sweetheart it's my fault for mating with your father on Blue Haven territory, that's what Sam held against your father." she cried

I shook my head unable to stay mad at her for being with the man she loved. They shouldn't regret mating, I sure don't.

"I should have known Sam was up to no good though but Aubrey Hunter isn't a killer it's only his wolf." my dad said his voice strangely deep

Lifting my head off my mom's shoulder I peered up through wet lashes at my dad who looked haunted with guilt, the same expression Hunter had when he told me about his family.

The watery eyes, furrowed brows, deep frown, and creases on their foreheads showing just how much they think about what they've done.

"His wolf is unstable, it thrives to kill, it was designed to hunt." my dad continued

The same wolf that nuzzled against me as I stroked his dark fur. The wolf that licked my leg with perverted thoughts, the same one that stares at me with human like eyes that never indicated he was a killer.

"You've been near it?" my dad asked

I nodded my head willing myself to stop crying "He never attacked me."

My mom pulled an arms length away and stared in horror.

"I understand he's your mate Aubrey but like I said before your not going near him." uncle Matt ordered the command back in his tone

Uncle Matt came forward so he was face to face with my dad. Standing side by side I couldn't believe my father was older, uncle Matt had his chest puffed out and his features hard as stone.

"You should have told me that monster was in town." uncle Matt said dryly

"And have you killed along with the others?" my dad replied as he soon became just as unreadable as my uncle

"We'll take care of it Jerry." uncle Matt said coldly

It as in Hunter.

"I won't let you hurt him." I said interrupting their staring contests

Both my uncle and dad turned to me the hard cold features still in place. Moving away from my mom's loving embrace I composed myself.

"My pack will take care him." uncle Matt said

He can't understand where I'm coming from-he doesn't know the crippling pain I feel when I picture Hunter injured.

"Please don't." I begged, turning to my dad I knew he'd understand the pain I feel

"Dad." I croaked as I held in a sob

His features softened in sympathy as I thought it would. Turning to uncle Matt I knew my dad would try to stop whatever uncle Matt had planned.

"Matt their mated, can you just give it some more time?" my mom asked

"And let him continue killing, Karen?" uncle Matt replied harshly

"Let me talk to him, maybe you can reverse the effect of the serum?" I chirped in

My dad shook his slightly graying head "It's fused with his DNA."

My shoulders sagged as what little hope I had faded away leaving me at square one.

"What do we do than?" my mom asked as we all went silent

The question hung in between us as a thick tension formed. They want to 'fix' the problem but I won't let them kill Hunter.

Maybe if Hunter proves he can control his wolf uncle Matt will leave him alone. But can Hunter control it?

There was only one way to find out and I can't know for sure with them around.

Grabbing my phone I looked down at the screen as if caring about the time.

"Can we regroup later I have a class?" I lied

Uncle Matt squinted at me as if to check if I was telling the truth. I managed to keep a straight face although on the inside I was squirming.

"Fine but don't get in contact with him to we figure out what to do. Keep an eye on her Jerry." uncle Matt ordered

I nodded my head faking a small smile. My dad nodded as well before jumping into the driver's seat, my mom and I followed.

Uncle Matt watched as we drove away not moving until we were out of sight. Looking out the window I avoid my parents gaze in case they pick up on my lie.

I need to talk to Hunter, I need to hear his side. But more importantly I need to hear the truth from him. I love my family wanting to keep me safe and to be honest I'm not angry at my dad for what he did, he made the serum for the same reason I'm lying to my family. Love.

When the car slowed down in at the opposite side of the forest by my apartment where Kelly and I lived I turned to my parents.

"Why did you stop?" I asked confused

Instead of answering my dad unlocked my door still looking forward. My mom turned in her seat with a weary smile.

"Because you have something to take care of on your own." she said

Taken back at her answer I turned to my dad for assurance this wasn't some kind of cruel joke.

"We were in love too." he answered as he craned his neck in my direction

Unable to control myself I wrapped my arms around them both understanding what they were saying.

"Thank you." I whispered gratefully

"What are you waiting for than? Go." my mom laughed as she hit my arm lightly

Pulling away I kissed them both on the cheek before practically leaping out.

Now I need to find Hunter.

**************************

I can already see half of your comments :) yes another cliffhanger but the next chapter will be a confrontation with Hunter and Aubrey!!!

And don't get use to not having Holden around because he's sneaking back into the story

Vote my lovelies!!!

~LovelyDove43~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

202K 4.8K 35
Nova West, a girl who's bad at making friends, decides to opt it off and become a loner. She's an insecure girl, although she's too guarded to admit...
28.6M 878K 55
I glared up at him my eyes narrowed, "Excuse me?" I was beyond livid by the words that just came out of his mouth. My glare didn't falter when Parker...
1.9M 47.4K 35
Meet twos guys who are completely different: Drake is a fighter; a boxer. He's strong, smart and cocky. Raven is a cuddly bear. He's sarcastic, lovea...
251K 3.9K 48
Terra ran away from her pack six months ago and joined up with a group of rogue she-wolves. They all get along like they're sisters, but each has a s...