His Saviour

By ariesstarz

Imogen worked nights in a popular city nightclub in Manchester, England. Under the management of Kate her bo... More

1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
Epilogue

2

20.6K 469 26
By ariesstarz

Two

The moment I woke up, the realisation immediately set in. Letting a random man stay at my house, who suspiciously was being held against his will in an abandoned building. That was odd. The fact that he refused to contact the police should have been a big enough warning for me to walk away.

A giant red flag that I should've seen.

But low behold I refused to recognise that as a warning for my own safety. On the other hand I am waking up in my own bedroom. With complete clarity of last night's events.

I made it up in my mind that I get ready, brush my teeth, wash my face and get changed before facing the cruel reality of what I did last night. I was also slightly on edge about Becca coming home, and noticing the man in our house.

Once I was ready I sneaked out of my room, listening in. Hearing the sound of water running made me relieved that he was awake and I didn't have the awkwardness of waking him up.

I decided on making some breakfast. I had work this afternoon and I just know that it was going to be a busy night at the club and finding the time to stop and eat was going to be extremely hard. I started making one of the healthy smoothies that my dad has taught me. Him being a fitness coach and Gym owner, he would always try and force me to eat and drink healthier.

I pushed back a lot of times but he was very adamant and most likely wanted me to be the perfect tester for his new recipe's. My mother, on the other hand, spends her time tutoring students online. They were both lucky in the aspect that they could easily work from home using the advanced technology.

Both of my parents decided to go travelling, after years of staying home and making sure that they could afford my education. They saw no reason in staying when they could easily work whilst travelling. I supported their decision, knowing that I wanted to take care of myself and be independent.

Not having my parents constant control gave me the breathing space I needed, and that every child desired.

Opening my fridge, I pulled out everything I needed for a relatively healthy breakfast that my father would most likely just hum in acknowledgement for.

I started to cook everything and let the news play in the background. I enjoyed listening to what was happening in the world and because I didn't have a lot of time it was easier than having to read the news on my phone. Shannon was one of my best friends. I grew up with her until we separated after high school. She's a news journalist and I often had to keep up to date with the news because that's all she ever talked about.

I was busy cracking the eggs into the pan when I felt eyes on me. Turning, I saw Zach leaning on my kitchen wall, staring at me. Almost as if he hadn't any shame.

"Slept well?" I asked Zach, trying not to feel too intimidated by the look he was giving me. I can't remember the last time I hosted a guy in my home. Not since my ex boyfriend 2 years ago.

Zach started nodding his head. " Very well, that's quite a guest bed you have in that room" He brought his hand to the back of his neck, pressing his fingers into his skin.

" It's the same in every room" I stated.

Zach nods again but his eyes jump to the left of me. Spinning around I quickly switched the heat off and opened a window. Seeing all the smoke coming from under the pan. I stared at the smoke that filled my counter. Thinking, Great, but at least it's not burnt.

I managed to plate up two plates and set them on the breakfast counter. Zach thanked me for the food. And we ate in peace barely managing simple small talk.

When he was finished I told him I would clean up. He did offer to, but I declined as he is the guest, how could I make him wash up.

Zach eventually disappeared into the room again as finished clearing up. I breathed a sigh of relief when it was all finally done and clean. I sat down and scrolled through my phone checking Instagram and twitter just like I do every morning.

After hearing about the latest market trends from the financial broadcaster, some other news had me perked up.

High school dropout turned entrepreneur reported missing, Serena Johnson has filed a missing report for her younger brother and has sparked rumours to exactly what happened to Zachary Johnson

My finger hovered over the screen as soon as the words registered within me. My mind was so confused, as I scrolled to view a picture of Serena Johnson standing with the man that was just sitting at my breakfast table, sipping on my coffee.

Why in the world was I offering my spare bedroom to a filthy rich man, who could most likely outright buy a hotel to hide in if he was so willing.

I turned out of my seat and was about to storm into the bedroom not caring if he was standing there with his dignity out for curious eyes. But I was met with the man himself as he stood before me in all his glory, his eyes watching me carefully.

I wasn't sure what he was thinking as he stared at me but he better have a good excuse.

"When were you going to tell me you were filthy rich?" I say placing my phone down. His hard gaze on me was slightly intimidating but I tried not to show any weakness.

"Would you have let me stay if I told you otherwise?" he replied back instantly.

I shook my head. " That's not the point, I would rather you be honest with me from the get go and not find out from the worst news publisher to exist" I said thinking about how bad the daily mirror is with these articles. But knowing that they have all the good tea.

"and you're missing, what happened to you last night surely you should've just gone to your sisters house,"

He sighed, rubbing his eyes. It looked like this was becoming more stressful for him by the minute. I wanted to be annoyed at him but at the same time, I had to be wise about this, and respect that anything he was going through, was going to be weighing on his shoulders.

"I know it's none of my business but if you're in trouble I want to be prepared if anything is going to happen whilst you're here," I said much more calmly this time.

I had the act of being calm in stressful situations like these.

"I did some risky deals with the company and turns out that wasn't taken lightly, next thing I know I'm waking up with you in front of me" i purse my lips wondering if that was the complete truth but I wasn't going to push him it really wasn't my place.

I had no idea what it was like being that successful and wealthy. And what consequences that came with.

"but don't you have a family; your sister seems to be worried about you and I'm sure she could have protected you. I mean for all you know I could have called the police," I said referring back to the news she was clearly wanting her brother back.

"I don't need my family getting involved, but I am going to need your help" I gaped at him, this surprised me more than anything. What could I possibly do to help him? other than hide him in my house.

"what" I open my mouth to object but he randomly puts his hand over mine. Stopping me from saying a single word.

"I can't be seen out in the city yet, I need my team here so I can figure out how I'm going to do this. I have people wanting me dead and I'm pretty sure last night a man was on his way to beat me to the pulp" I cringe just thinking about that.

Thank god I went in there. I barely knew this man but I still had a heart and wouldn't want anyone dying on my account. Not when I could help.

"I don't know Zach, this seems dangerous," I told him, voicing my true opinion. I didn't want to find myself in trouble and even risk people that are around me. What if they come after me instead maybe they saw me helping him.

I blame myself for watching too many crime series, but really It can't be that far from the truth.

"I'm not going to force you but Imogen I really do need your help" he was pleading with me now and the fact that a fully-grown man is pleading with me to help him is probably the worst thing.

I hesitated at first but deep in my heart I knew I was going to help him.

I blame my mothers caring heart, which unfortunately I've inherited from her.

"Fine Zach, just tell me what you need," I said, making my decision. I think he was overly surprised with my answer but none the less he went on and told me everything he needed me to do.

All I could do was listen, and a small part of me was glad that I could help him in the way that he needs. I doubt someone like him with many people working for him. I doubt he asks for help that often.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.2K 142 43
Evanly's desires of being loved, feeling affection, satisfaction and sex were casted aside as she was stuck in a loveless marriage, but light shined...
510K 18K 30
(Mature content) (Highest ranks listed) (Editing slowly) A simple last night out with my girls before I move to America. Drinks are flowing, hips mov...
1.5M 50.8K 76
Your cliqúe innocent love story with the twist of Billionaire CEO. 💝💝💝 Here, I was standing in front of him, half NAKED! Wearing his shirt. I pu...
145K 3.4K 75
Calvin bent down and settled between my thighs and bent my knees upward. He stroked my ankles, calves and then moved his hands to the insides of my t...