I don't mind dying for you ➳...

By elizabethkathgrey

Book III in series "I don't mind" ††† YOU'RE LIKE AN ANGEL BUT WITH BROKEN WINGS "All that Kate is facing rig... More

SUMMARY
ch. I -- Memories. Do not open.
ch. II -- I adore... You?
ch. III -- Hello.
ch. IV -- Don't shoot her!
ch. V -- Mr. Bad-Dream
ch. VI -- Am I normal?
ch. VII -- Far from alright.
ch. VIII -- 'Cause I gotta leave
not an update
ch. IX -- Don't tell Lucifer
ch. X -- Fine, I'll be there
ch. XI -- Why?
ch. XII -- Filthy
ch. XIV -- Is everything alright?
ch. XV -- And everybody learned her name
ch. XVI -- Waiting for the Judgement day
ch. XVII -- Don't follow.
ch. XVIII -- The Edge.
ch. XIX -- This kind of living could kill.
ch. XX -- Flatline.
ch. XXI -- Psalm 91:11
ch. XXII -- Demise through clouds.
ch. XVIII -- You.

ch. XIII -- Angel on a shoulder?

2.7K 133 8
By elizabethkathgrey

Kate looked as Chloe was making her way to Lucifer not batting an eye at two girls sitting next to him.

Kate briefly wondered what this all was about. Turning back to her glass of juice, Kate was brought back to her sulking thoughts till the moment that both- Chloe and Lucifer was sitting at the bar.

"I'm hosting a party Detective. Is something of that kind of importance to drag me away from it?" Kate could hear Devil ask. With roll of her eyes Chloe explained things connected to their work ending it with:

"You don't seem to be busy."

Hearing that Lucifer turned to Kate saying:

"I'm being her company for tonight."

Chloe raised her eyebrows at him, while Kate chocked on her drink.

"You're doing such a great job at that." Kate rolled her eyes and getting up made her way into the mass of people, before disappearing she turned around and shouted:

"Bar ain't a place to talk about work, Lucifer!"

"So, you're not busy." Chloe dragged Him by His hand to show some papers that were with her.

Kate had made her way across the club to the other side still sipping on her juice. This all was so boring to her, not really interested in anything. She just hoped to get home sooner. But she couldn't stop her eyes from wandering around in a search of her favorite Devil.

'I have to stop calling him my favorite.' She groaned and huffed, receiving some odd looks from people beside her. Not paying any attention to it, she let her eyes drift along the heads of people again.

Not being able to actually find the Devil, small pang of panic took over her.

"He's definitely here..." she reasoned with herself, trying to calm down while her eyes shot around the club.

~Light 'em up, light 'em up
Tell me where you are, tell me where you are
Summer nights, bright lights
And the shootin' stars, they break my heart~

Meanwhile Lucifer was talking with Chloe about some case in one of the booths. He was listening carefully to Detective when for a moment He felt some unexplainable tug in His chest. Blinking rapidly for a second, He reached for drink.

"Are you even listening, Lucifer?" Chloe asked.

"Yes, yes, of course." Lucifer answered not missing a beat.

Kate looked down at her empty glass and turning it in her hands looked around the club once again.

Why did she say 'yes' to this party?

Taking a deep breath, she made her way back into the crowd. Two or three guys asked her if she wanted to refill her glass, to which she politely declined earning words of disapproval in return. Only making Kate want to leave this place that much more and her panic making unsettling feeling deep in her stomach.

Lucifer was still listening to Chloe and the lead she had on the suspect, but His eyes drifted to crowed once in a while, but in last couple of minutes He has been doing it quite frequently.

"You seem distracted, am I boring you?" Chloe furrowed her brows.

"No, of course not. Have you seen Katherine?" Lucifer turned His eyes back to Chloe.

"No, but we have some things to still discuss, Lucifer." Chloe remined.

"Please, continue..." Lucifer answered but His eyes slid back to the club.

While Kate was still making her way through the club, she just couldn't stop from receiving shoves and pushes from the dancing people around her. This, of course, ending in her dropping her empty glass on the floor. (Not knowing this herself, but Lucifer's head snapped to look at crowd again at this moment and miss what Chloe was saying.) Hissing at her own stupidity, Kate apologized to people and leaned down to pick up the shards.

This is why she didn't party. Too clumsy, too uncool and a freaking tool at moments. She low-key wished that Lucifer would be here, do the talking, taking care of unwanted people and just make sure she wasn't doing stuff like this. But alas it seemed that He was way too busy, either working with Chloe or by this time already being accompanied by those two girls from earlier. And right now, she was squeaking in fear that people going to step on her hands while she's cleaning up her own mess.

'Callin' you now, but you're not pickin' up
Shadows so close if that's still enough
Light a match, light a match
Baby, in the dark, show me where you are~

"I can't work like this, Lucifer." Chloe shook her head.

"Will you excuse me for a moment?" was the only answer she received from Lucifer while He was standing up and making His way into the crowd.

Kate was still on her knees and carefully picking up the glass shards and trying to swallow the lump that was forming in her throat.

"I can't leave you not even for a second." Kate heard voice besides her.

"Lucifer..." Kate whimpered, her eyes big.

"What are you doing down here?" He asked kneeling and looking up and then back at her.

"I just...dropped my glass..." Kate whispered looking at one big piece of glass in her hand. Lucifer looked down at it.

"Leave it. Come on." He took the glass shard from her and putted it back on the ground.

"But the glass...?" Kate looked at Lucifer. Not answering to her Lucifer grabbed her hand and pulled her up.

"How did you know that I was here?" Kate asked walking behind Him and throwing on last look at her mess.

"I just... knew..." Lucifer trailed off, not knowing this answer for himself.

"Just... knew?" She asked.

"I felt your distress." He answered. Again, that answer.

"How...? You're not my...guardian angel..." Kate said last part barely in whisper since she saw that they were at the booth where He has been sitting with Chloe.

"Let's talk about it tomorrow, alright?" Lucifer turned to her.

'But tomorrow I'm leaving.' Kate thought to herself.

"So, you found her. Can we finish our case now?" Chloe asked.

'He searched for me?' brunette thought.

"Of course." Lucifer smiled at detective and offered Kate a seat beside Himself.

Now all three of them were sitting in a booth. Chloe opposite Lucifer and Kate on His left. Girl didn't seem to be interested in the talk that both of them were holding. And blinking slowly for the last ten minutes she drifted off to sleep, her head falling on Lucifer's shoulder. Sending a small look her way, Lucifer draped His hand across the back of the seat.

Chloe sent a small smile her way and then with a sigh looked at Lucifer.

"Is she the one that now constantly occupies your bed or...?" Detective asked.

"I beg your pardon?" Lucifer furrowed His brows, His dark eyes snapping from Kate to Chloe.

"I'm just curios, I have never seen you with one girl around. At least not constantly." Chloe explained.

"Don't think so low of her, Detective." Lucifer answered with distaste.

"Well... I just..." Chloe felt loss of words for a second.

"Don't bother. She's too good for this ground to walk on, Detective." Lucifer simply explained and let His eyes look down to Kate on His shoulder.

Ironic. Now she's the angel on His shoulder.

HEY!!!

Please enjoy this chapter.

Forgive me for any mistakes, they are all mine.

Thank you for 3K+ reads on this book!

I love you, my people of the void!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.4K 1.1K 45
"Hey," She began quietly, much like how she greeted him in the penthouse several times when he hadn't known she was coming over. "Look, I promise tha...
112K 4.5K 22
I stepped back from the door as a kick knocked down the door. The guy did not have time to react as I ran towards him and hit him in the back of the...
737K 35.6K 23
"I want a queen to rule by my side." Azazel looked at me like he couldn't believe I was the ruler of Hell. "... My lord, you have ruled alone for tho...
166K 3.9K 29
Kate, a young guardian angel, falls straight from Heaven. Her human, Patrick Hall, had sinned a lot. She carries her sins and she can’t take it anymo...