Broken Keys | MYG βœ”

By SUGAHOBIC

❝You managed to break every piece of me.. Just like those piano keys, you played with my heart.. And broke it... More

Prologue
1β€’ Intro
2β€’ First Note
3β€’ See with your Ears
4β€’ Indeciso
5β€’ Poco a Poco
6β€’ Pianissimo
7β€’ Stretto
8β€’ StΓ€rker
9β€’ Beautiful
10β€’ Piangendo
11β€’ Fois
13β€’ Sanft
14β€’ Beruhigt
15β€’ Impromptu
16β€’ Mosso
17β€’ Incalzando
18β€’ Martellato
19β€’ Sostenuto
20β€’ Mehr
21β€’ Tenuto
22β€’ Tanto
23β€’ Markiert
24β€’ Appassionato
25β€’ Γ„ngstlich
26β€’ Crescendo
27β€’ Coda
28β€’ Smorzando
Outro

12β€’ Unruhig

3.7K 204 65
By SUGAHOBIC

A/N: Unruhig: (German), a direction to perform in a restless, agitated manner.

And sorry for all the definitions but I wanna let you know what it means because the titles are related to the contents of the chapters. Idk if its a good idea or should I name the chapters by normal names, I really don't know😂 tell me what you think. I'll be really glad to hear your opinions.

Thank you ICARMYI   for being the first to make me hear hellavator. Its AMAZING! Anyway, Tysm for reading and enjoy the chapter

********†********†*********

Yoongi's POV

The room fell into silence, the only audible sound was the heavy rain drops still falling nonstop outside.

She only stared at me in confusion, but she didn't say anything, giving me a chance to explain what I just said.

"Long time ago, I was addicted on music since I learned how to play piano in school. I didn't have a piano, so I stayed in school, playing the piano there until dawn. My school teacher used to encourage me and let me learn more about music and piano. But my dad wasn't pleased by that. He was not pleased at all."

I looked down as the girl kept comprehending every word of mine. And I continued,"my grades started getting worse as I focused more on the piano and started writing compositions. That day, I was writing a composition that I planned to play in a musical event at school. But, my dad opened the door of my room, looking angrily at me while holding my last exam paper in his hand."

"What is this, Yoongi?" He said angrily. "How many times did I tell you to quit this nonsense you're doing, Huh??"

I gulped, trying so hard to cover the paper I was writing on with my arm.

His eyes landed on my arm on the desk and back at me,"and what is this??" He walked towards me so fast and grabbed the paper, looking at it in confusion,"what are these?? Notes? Is this what you've been waisting your time and effort at?? What will piano ever do you good in life, son??"

I got up and tried to reason with my dad and take the paper back. But he crumpled it and glared at me."I told you I want you to become a doctor. That would pay you well instead of begging around the streets while playing some instruments."

"But... But, dad, I want to be a pianist. I'll be famous. Just.. Give me a chance."

My dad sighed at me in frustration.

"What is wrong with all this noise?" My grandfather got inside my room and glanced at us.

"Nothing. Your grandchild is just dreaming of nonsense."

My grandfather raised his thick eyebrows and said,"but a dream is a dream. No matter how crazy it seemed, it should always be respected."

Those words of my grandfather rang in my head. He always said wise words like that. But they were always deep and right.

But my father was not convinced.

"I don't want to see you ever write like this again or get late at school, understood?!" He yelled at me.

"But, dad.."

"Understood?!"

I nodded while silent tears fell down.

"I will throw this in the garbage."

"Dad, no!"

"Shut up! Don't you dare speak!"

I held on to his hand to prevent him. But he yanked my small arm away and stared at me in anger,"you want me to burn them all?? I know you've been writing these stuff for a while!"

I looked at him in shock with a blurry vision because of my tears but I noticed the seriousness in his face.

He came towards my desk and took out all my musical sheets from my drawer.

"Dad, no! Don't! Please!!"

But my dad was determined. He took them all and went outside and burnt them all. All my work that I've been working on for weeks. All the papers the teacher lent me to practice on and learn. All of them were gone, turning into ash flakes that floated in the air and mixed with the night wind.

I stared at the pile of burnt dreams in front of me, my tears never stopping. The fire crackling and playing shadows at my dad's figure as he stared at the flaring sheets.

I breathed so loud and irregularly, feeling a huge lump of pain and anger forming in my chest and rising to my throat and I ran.

I ran away from my dreams that were burnt by my dad, away from his words that cut me harsher than a knife, away from the humbled fantasies I had whenever I succeeded in making my music teacher proud at every composition I made.

I ran into the night, not knowing where I was heading. But if it meant it was away from all that pain behind, I was okay with going anywhere.

I stopped as my heart thumped so loud that it filled my ears, making me unaware of the noise around me.

But then after a few moments of panting, I heard it.

It was the sound of gun shots.

My small body trembled as I looked for shelter to protect me from those crazy people who were fighting for a stupid reasonBut then a guy held me from behind and whispered,"what are you doing here, young man? You came to the wrong place. How about you come with us? We'll protect you."

"W-what? No, I-"

"Get away from him!" A harsh voice startled both of us, me and the guy who was holding me.

He turned, turning me with him to the source of the voice. And I gasped when I realized who it was.

It was my grandfather.

"This is non of your business, old man, step aside before you get hurt."

But my grandfather shook his head and walked towards me with determination. I never thought the neighborhood was  that dangerous.

The man pointed a gun at my grandfather and I screeched,"grandpa, NO!!"

But my grandfather came closer and tried to yank me out of the guy's grip or take the gun away.

And in the midst of all those struggles, a gun shot boomed through the air.

A body fell down, drenched in fresh blood at the chest and his eyes bulged out, hardly breathing.

My shakey body fell down at my knees beside my grandpa's body.

Tears never seemed to end from my small eyes that night.

"Grandpa.. I'm sorry! Oh, my gosh! Hang on, you'll be.. You'll be fine!"

The guy ran away as soon as the sounds of sirens were heard. But I held on to my grandfather's hand and cried as he shushed me,"Yoongi, its alright. I'm.. Too old anyway. Just... Pro-promise me that you'll pursue your dreams and become whatever  you want."

"But, look what happened because of me! How could I??!"

But he never got to answer me as his eyes rolled back and his breathing slowed, letting a small tear slide down and fall on the cold street where his blood was falling.

I cried as his soul left the world and the police men gathered around, always showing late like in the movies.

Because of a simple dream, my grandpa died...

Because of me.

That night, I had one decision in my head as I watched them take his body away; I would never, ever touch a piano key again.

...But never in my life had I thought that I might break that promise I made to myself, ignoring the promise I already broke that night for my grandfather.

*********†***********†*********

A/N: sooo,hehe, please don't kill me, I know this is too angst. I cried too while writing it. But don't worry, I might add some fluff to make it up to you. Maybe. Thank you for reading and tell me what you think of this chapter.

Love yourselves ♥✌

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 131 14
Jimin's life couldn't be going better. He's in his last semester of college as a dance major, he lives with his best friend, and he's been in a commi...
285K 14.6K 31
The landlord looks at the both of us, unsure of what to say. "I'm sorry but this is the last apartment here left. Why can't you just split cost and b...
207K 5.4K 53
oh, honey. | best rank; #51 of 396 - yoongixreader category, as of september 9, 2018 #165 of 381 - yoongixreader, as of september 18, 2018 #74 of 3...
115K 7.5K 22
Jungkook doesn't really like History of Music. He does however, like the one who is teaching it - aka assistant professor Min Yoongi. What Jungkook...