Cloud 9

بواسطة pam

Damien Nein is the richest boy in the Upper East Side. He’s totally tall, dark, and handsome, but all he real... المزيد

Chapter 1: Near The End
Chapter 2: Cheesy Pick-Up Lines
Chapter 4:The Giant
Chapter 5: Underground Assassins' Mall

Chapter 3: Secret Society

235 15 7
بواسطة pam

I’m chilling back at my condo, eating vegetable samosas and watching an episode of Cribs. A man needs alone time to remind him of the important things in life.

My iPhone chimes with an incoming text. Unknown number again?

www.dafk.net/what/. Login DCGlobalD. Password pwndth15154j0k3

I resign myself to my “legacy” and type in the URL on Google, then log-in when prompted. A very professional-looking website loads on my screen. What the hell is this?

Death Catchers. Principles. History. Organization Structure. Contact Info.

I click random tabs on the site, trying to find out more about what I’ve stumbled on. One page catches my eye:

Project XIX: Cloud 9. Global Takeover Campaign. Project Leader: Gabriel Nein.

My heart skips a beat at the sight of my dad’s name. What the fuck? Now I’m really intrigued. I skim the page, trying to make sense of what this is about. I’m a little confused by the lingo and code names they keep using all over the place. From what I can guess, it looks like…my dad is leading some nefarious plot to take over the planet!

Then I find out something else that changes my world forever:

By the end of project timeline, optimum world population of 1 Billion should be achieved. Project Leader will hold position of LFW and await further instructions from Death Catchers Executive Council.

I don’t really understand most of what I’ve just read, but one thing seems clear: a lot of people are going to die. I quickly move to another website, clear my browser history, and shut down my laptop. I don’t know if this is someone’s idea of a really twisted prank, but I’m going to pretend I didn’t see that.

My elevator door chimes. I’m not expecting anyone to arrive at this late hour. Refusing to give in to paranoia, I grab my phone and slowly edge my way to the suite entrance.

“Hello?” I can hear the quaver in my own voice. Shit, man up. I walk faster, confidently making my way to the elevators. And then I stop dead in my tracks. In front of me is the most humongous guy I’ve ever seen.

 I try to speak, but what escapes my mouth resembles the bone-chilling scratch of a nail against a chalkboard. Dark shadows swoop in from all sides to attack me, and then I’m no more.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

3M 251K 96
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...
228K 24.3K 30
She is shy He is outspoken She is clumsy He is graceful She is innocent He is cunning She is broken He is perfect or is he? . . . . . . . . JI...
146K 6.4K 28
The Sokolov brothers are everything most girls want. Intimidating, tall, broody, they are everything to lust after. Not that they... particularly car...
1M 24.1K 42
Limited Time Only: Binge this series for a chance to win FREE coins until June 2! Read 10+ chapters of this story and win 30 Coins (2000 Winners) Whi...