Hello Again Prue

By Creativefatal1ty

Paige finds herself unexpectedly with child. How will she handle it? More

HELLO AGAIN PRUE By: Tina M. Leffelman ©2002 All Rights Reserved
Six Weeks Later- Paige's Bedroom
Halliwell Manor Kitchen- The Next Morning
Three Weeks Later- Halliwell Manor- Piper and Leo's Bedroom
Halliwell Manor Kitchen- Later That Day
Northern Ireland- Several Minutes Later
Halliwell Manor Sun Room- Six Weeks Later
San Francisco Memorial Hospital- Waiting Room
Sydney, Australia- The Following Afternoon
Halliwell Manor Sun Room- Four Weeks Later
Halliwell Manor Attic- Six Weeks Later
Back At Halliwell Manor- Several Hours Later
Halliwell Manor Dining Room- Several Minutes Later
Halliwell Manor- Living Room- Later That Evening
Paige's Bedroom- Moments Later
Halliwell Manor- Phoebe's Bedroom- Several Hours Later
Halliwell Manor-Dining Room- Several Hours Later
Halliwell Manor Living Room - Several Hours Later
Paige's Bedroom- Seconds Later
Seconds Later- The Shadow Realm

Paige's Hospital Room- One Week Later

402 7 1
By Creativefatal1ty

         Doctor Johannessy said Paige should be awake by now. Why isn't she waking up?" Phoebe fretted.

"Phoebs, shh. Relax." Piper demanded as she brought Garrett to her shoulder. "Come on, little guy. Burp for Mommy," she begged. "Why is he suddenly giving you a problem with that?" Phoebe asked. "Well, he's eating cereal now, and he's not getting so much air in his tummy." Piper explained. "It's normal... don't-" she was cut off by Garrett's loud belch. "That's my boy!" Piper exclaimed. "Okay, so that's what it took to wake her." Phoebe stated as Paige began to stir.

"Good morning, sweetie." Piper said a few minutes later as Paige's eyes finally opened. "How are you feeling?"

"What am I doing here?" Paige asked groggily. "You got a skull fracture a week ago when you hit the wall, and your doctor put you into a coma. You've been out since then." Phoebe explained. "Demon attack, sweetie. Do you remember anything?"

"Not really." Paige replied. Then she began to cough. "Do you want some water, honey?" Piper asked, as she saw how red Paige's face was growing. Paige nodded in response, so Phoebe got it for her and then raised the bed so that Paige was sitting up. "Here you are, sweetie." Phoebe said as she held the straw to Paige's lips.

"I'm not a baby!" Paige rasped with an angry scowl. "I never said you were, Paige." Phoebe replied somewhat defensively. "I'm just trying to help you. Please let me."

"Sorry." Paige answered softly. "Apology accepted." Phoebe responded with a smile. "So what did I miss while I was out?" Paige asked a few minutes later. "Not much at all." Piper replied. "Your old co-workers sent flowers. So did your friends, and Sam."

"How sweet." Paige replied with a smile. "How's my little nephew?"

"He's just fine." Piper answered. "He started eating cereal a few days ago."

"How does he like it?" Paige asked. "Well, I think he's getting used to it, now." Piper replied. "The first time I gave it to him, he threw it up right away."

"Yeah, and guess who his target was?" Phoebe muttered. "He's following in the footsteps of his Auntie Paige."

"How many times do I have to say I'm sorry?" Paige moaned. "Hon, it's okay. I was kidding." Phoebe declared.

"I told Dave everything while I was out." Paige announced quietly. "The whole pregnancy thing, and our heritage, too." Piper and Phoebe shared a look, plainly asking each other if Paige had hit her head harder than they thought. "Ah, okay..." Piper replied slowly. "What did he say?"

"Well, he was a little scared, but he wants to be a part of my life and that of our baby." Paige responded.

As Phoebe opened her mouth to speak, a nurse poked her head in the door, announcing that Paige was needed for an x-ray. "We'll talk more tomorrow, sweetie." Phoebe said as she gave Paige a careful hug.

"I love you. Hope you're home soon." Piper said, as she too hugged her baby sister. "I love you guys, too." Paige responded.

Halliwell Manor Dining Room- Several Hours Later

"Wow, Piper. This looks incredible." Leo praised as he looked at the Chicken Piccata his wife had prepared. "Well, thank you." Piper answered. "I just wish Paige were here," she added wistfully. "Paige said something that sounded really weird today, Leo." Phoebe began. "What did she say?" he inquired.

"She said she told Dave everything; about the baby and being a witch, while she was unconscious." Piper answered. "Well, she can astral-project with her baby's power, so it's not that unbelievable," Leo pointed out. "Yeah, Leo. We figured that out on the way home." Phoebe retorted sarcastically, while giving Leo a look that plainly said, 'duh!'

"Sometimes I don't know why I bother opening my mouth." Leo muttered under his breath. "It's okay, honey." Piper replied gently as she rubbed her husband's arm. "Phoebe's just being mean... Paige also said Dave was a little scared, but that he wants to be a part of her life and that of their baby."

"That's wonderful!" Leo exclaimed with a smile. "Are they getting married?"

"She didn't say." Piper answered. "It wouldn't surprise me if they don't!" Phoebe snapped. "Paige was an accident, too; Mom never married Sam... Why not carry the bastard child status into the next generation?!"

"Phoebe!" Piper shouted. "That was uncalled for! What? Are you still jealous of Paige?!"

"Aw, Piper, why don't you just bite me!" Phoebe yelled as she pushed her chair away from the table and stood up angrily.

"Where are you going?!" Piper demanded to her sister's retreating back. As she heard the front door of the Manor slam, Piper turned to Leo and wordlessly buried her face in his shoulder. "Let her calm down, baby. She'll be alright." Leo murmured as he embraced Piper. "I think she's feeling the loss of her baby now more than ever." Piper replied. "I should have just kept my mouth shut and not irritated her, but I never learn!"

"Honey, don't blame yourself," Leo pleaded. "But I do! All I wanted to do was make a nice dinner, and look what happened! Phoebe ruined it!" Piper cried.

"I believe you hit a raw nerve when you asked if she was jealous," Leo stated. "She is jealous!" Piper snapped. "She's been acting like a spoiled two year old and I'm sick of it! If I could, I would freeze her, and often! She's a bitch to all of us, and there's no excuse for it!"

"Have you tried-" Leo began, before Piper harshly cut him off. "Talking to her? Yes! Several times! It's like dealing with a mule! She won't listen, and she won't budge!" As she uttered the last sentence, Piper's voice broke on an angry sob. "Where did we go wrong with her?" Leo knew that anything he'd say would irritate her more, so he just held Piper tightly and allowed her to cry.

Paige's HospitalRoom- One Week Later

"Good morning, Paige." Piper said brightly as she entered the room. "Doctor Johannessy says you can go home today, so I came to pick you up."

"That's great!" Paige exclaimed happily. "Where are Phoebe, Leo, and Garrett?"

"Phoebe is watching Garrett, and Leo is taking care of his charges," Piper explained. "I can't wait to get home and see everyone," Paige began. "Sam was here last night. He says I'm starting to show, now," she complained. "Well, sweetie, you're five months along, now, and the baby's growing fast. We're about the same size, so you can borrow my maternity clothes, if you want." Piper offered. "Thank you." Paige answered gratefully.

"I brought an outfit along for you to try on." Piper continued. "The only problem I see is that you're taller than me, so the leggings might be short. If the clothes don't fit you, I also brought a pair of your sweats."

"I'll try the outfit first." Paige responded. "I'll step out into the hall." Piper answered. "I know how modest you are."

"It's okay, Piper; you can stay." Paige replied. "Here you go." Piper said as she handed Paige a shopping bag. "This one was always my favorite!" Paige exclaimed, as she withdrew a ruffled top and floral patterned leggings from the bag. "Really? I didn't like it." Piper stated. "It's just too frilly for my taste."

"Yeah, we all know if you had your way, you'd be running around in combat boots and fatigues," Paige joked.

"I like what I like." Piper mumbled defensively. Paige proceeded to get dressed, and, as Piper had predicted, the pant legs were several inches short. "I'll roll them up." Paige stated with a shrug of her shoulders. As she bent over to do so, she nearly went head over heels as a wave of dizziness washed over her. "Whoa," she gasped. "What's wrong?" Piper asked, fear registering in her voice. "Dizzy." Paige mumbled. "Well honey, you've been lying down for two weeks." Piper replied. "It's not surprising that you're dizzy," she continued, as she helped Paige to sit down on the bed.

"Thanks, Piper." Paige whispered gratefully as Piper bent to roll the pant legs so they were even. "Just remember, honey, I'm here to help." Piper stated. "If you need your shoes tied, come to me, and I'll be happy to help you out." Paige snorted in response and gave Piper a look that asked. 'You're kidding, right?'

"I'm serious, Paige." Piper continued quietly. "In a few months, you're going to look down and wonder where your toes went. It's hard to tie shoes when you get that big."

"I guess," Paige sighed. "I just don't like feeling helpless."

"You're anything but helpless, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise." Piper replied firmly. "I know you're still stuck in your 'only child, don't need help from anyone' frame of mind, but don't be ashamed to ask if you can't do something. I love you, Paige. We all do."

"Aw, Piper, that's so sweet." Paige answered, as tears formed in her eyes. "Don't you go getting all mushy on me." Piper muttered as Paige gave her a tight bear hug. "Doctor Johannessy signed your release, so we're free to go." She helped Paige to her feet, and then Piper put an arm around her sister's waist to steady her as she led Paige to the wheelchair by the door. "I can walk." Paige protested. "Doctor's orders. You have to ride in the wheelchair until we get outside," Piper stated firmly. "Alright, fine." Paige grumbled as she rolled her eyes and lowered herself into the seat.

Piper's Jeep- Several Minutes Later

"Missy Paige, you have to promise me you'll take it easy when we get home," Piper demanded. "No orbing until your head heals. I don't want you getting light headed and crash-landing somewhere."

"Yes, Mom." Paige responded, again rolling her eyes at her sister. "Someone has to look after you," Piper muttered. "Because I'm such a screw-up, right?" came Paige's retort. "Paige, your ways of doing things may lean toward the unconventional side at times, but you're by no means a screw-up, honey. Don't you dare let anyone tell you differently," Piper stated firmly.

"Tell that to Phoebe, would you? I think she missed that memo," Paige mumbled bitterly. "Please, sweetie...Don't listen to her," Piper pleaded. "Phoebe is upset because she's feeling the loss of her baby, now."

"That doesn't give her an excuse for being so nasty to everyone." Paige replied, her voice breaking on a sob. "I don't know why I'm crying," she continued angrily after a few minutes of intense sobs. "I mean it's not like she cares."

"Babe, don't talk like that." Piper reprimanded gently as she reached over to touch Paige's arm. "Phoebe loves you very much."

"Well, she's sure got a funny way of showing it!" Paige choked. "I think Phoebe's biggest problem is that she feels abandoned... Our dad left before she was born, and then Mom died before Phoebe really got a chance to know her."

"At least she got to spend some time with her! I didn't!" Paige interrupted angrily. "Yes, my adoptive parents loved me and raised me as their own child, but when I met you guys and learned the circumstances surrounding my birth, I've got to say I was more than a little hurt. Sam told me it was the hardest choice that he ever had to make, but when I look at what The Elders did for you and Leo, it pisses me off! I know Sam says it was forbidden, but it doesn't make the pain easier to bear. Don't even talk to me about how Phoebe feels abandoned, okay?!" With that, Paige began to sob harder than before.

Piper pulled over to the side of the street, parked the jeep, and took her baby sister into her arms. At first, Paige stiffened in anger and attempted to pull away. "Honey, it's okay to be angry." Piper whispered gently. At that, Paige relaxed a bit, and then clung tightly to her sister as her emotions overtook her completely. After quite some time had passed, Paige's sobs began to taper off into quiet whimpers. "That's better," Piper soothed. "Thanks, Piper. I just needed a good cry, I guess." Paige said as Piper offered her a box of tissues. "I wasn't aware that it bothered you so much that Leo and I were allowed to be together." Piper began quietly. "You've got to start expressing your feelings more, Paige. Get angry and scream at us if you have to. You owe it to your mental health. Don't let things build up like you seem to do, or you'll end up making yourself sick... If you're angry at me for telling you this, don't hesitate to tell me to shove it."

At this, Paige got a devilish smirk on her face. "Yes?" Piper inquired. "Piper? Shove it." Paige replied with a quiet giggle. "Much better! That's my girl!" Piper praised as she hugged Paige tightly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

155K 4.5K 40
Paige Summers has always been rejected since her father died. Now she has finally ran away from it all. Secrets are revealed and truths are told. Thi...
45.3K 971 25
Hana meets a man and later finds out that he's a wolf. She doesn't care though and still loves him, wanting to start a family with him and be togethe...
847 5 13
Ria Jenners just moved across the road from the Gallaghers. Then something happens and her mom kicks her out, then she falls in love. What will happe...
68.1K 2.3K 24
Paige Rogers lived a "normal" life. Her dad was killed in war, and mom never to be seen again. Grandma B is forced to take care of the nagging child...