Hello Again Prue

Από Creativefatal1ty

Paige finds herself unexpectedly with child. How will she handle it? Περισσότερα

HELLO AGAIN PRUE By: Tina M. Leffelman ©2002 All Rights Reserved
Six Weeks Later- Paige's Bedroom
Halliwell Manor Kitchen- The Next Morning
Halliwell Manor Kitchen- Later That Day
Northern Ireland- Several Minutes Later
Halliwell Manor Sun Room- Six Weeks Later
San Francisco Memorial Hospital- Waiting Room
Sydney, Australia- The Following Afternoon
Paige's Hospital Room- One Week Later
Halliwell Manor Sun Room- Four Weeks Later
Halliwell Manor Attic- Six Weeks Later
Back At Halliwell Manor- Several Hours Later
Halliwell Manor Dining Room- Several Minutes Later
Halliwell Manor- Living Room- Later That Evening
Paige's Bedroom- Moments Later
Halliwell Manor- Phoebe's Bedroom- Several Hours Later
Halliwell Manor-Dining Room- Several Hours Later
Halliwell Manor Living Room - Several Hours Later
Paige's Bedroom- Seconds Later
Seconds Later- The Shadow Realm

Three Weeks Later- Halliwell Manor- Piper and Leo's Bedroom

735 9 0
Από Creativefatal1ty

         Piper awoke from a deep sleep and got up to use the bathroom. She was now a week overdue in her pregnancy and upset that her nausea had returned. She was halfway down the hall when she felt a gush of warm water running down her legs. "Oh, this is just great." She muttered." First, I can't walk without waddling, and now I have an accid- ooh!" She gasped as a pain shot through her abdomen. Piper placed a hand on the wall to brace herself until the pain had run its course. Instead, it grew more intense, forcing her to her knees. "Leo!" she cried.

Suddenly, both Phoebe and Paige's bedroom doors opened, and they entered the hallway rubbing their eyes. "Sweetie, what's the matter?" Paige asked as she knelt down beside her sister. She noticed the puddle then and turned to Phoebe, saying. "Phoebs, it's time... Call Ava."

"HOSPITAL!!!" Piper screamed. "I'm not doing this here!" Finally, Leo entered the hallway. "It's about time!" Piper said angrily. "Tell my sisters to call an ambulance."

"Honey, we can't do that." Leo protested softly. "We agreed that a magical pregnancy was too risky for a hospital delivery."

"No, you agreed." Piper said, as she began to cry. "This hurts already."

"Breathe through it, honey." Phoebe said as she, too, knelt beside her sister. In response, Piper's arm shot out, knocking Phoebe backward onto her butt. "I was just trying to help..." Phoebe muttered. "Call Ava, Phoebe." Paige demanded. "If you'd done that in the first place-"

"I know, Paige." Phoebe interrupted as she got to her feet. "I'm going to call Ava now. You might want to stop acting like something that only rhymes with witch."

"I could say the same." Paige retorted. "Now get moving."

Once Phoebe had gone, Paige turned to Piper and asked, "Are you okay?"

"The pain is gone for now." Piper replied. "Okay, sweetie. Leo and I will get you back to bed, and then I'll clean up." Piper opened her mouth to protest, and Paige held up a finger. "Piper, look. I know you want to go to the hospital, but Leo and Phoebe say no. I agree with you, because this will be me in about six months."

"Wait a minute," Leo whispered. "You're pregnant?"

"Yes, but Phoebs doesn't know, and I'd like to keep it that way for as long as possible." Paige whispered in response. Leo opened his mouth to ask for more details, but closed it when he saw Phoebe coming up the staircase.

"Come on. Let's get Piper to bed." Leo suggested. "I told you I'd keep your secret." Piper whispered.

"Thanks, honey," Paige said in a low voice. "You could have told Leo, though. It would have been okay."

"Well, I wanted you to know you have one sister you can trust; one who won't judge you." Piper said, giving Paige's shoulder a squeeze. "Thanks." Paige replied. "No matter how much you swear at me later, I do love you."

"I'll try to leave all body parts attached and unharmed, but I can't promise anything." Piper vowed. Suddenly, she clutched at her stomach and moaned, "I don't feel very well."

"Phoebs, Leo, can you take Piper to the bathroom?" Paige asked. "I'll stay here and get things ready."

Piper and Leo's Bedroom

Paige busied herself by putting a rubber sheet on the bed, while trying to ignore her growing nausea. "Oh, wow. I'm going to pass out," she said to herself as she fixed the final corner of the sheet. She sat down on the bed, putting her head between her knees and hoping the feeling would pass. "Wow, Paige. It hasn't even gotten gross yet, and you're already on the verge of passing out?" came Phoebe's voice. "I'll be fine." Paige replied in a muffled voice. "Are you sure? Do you want a cold washcloth or something?" asked Phoebe. "Yeah, that would be great. Thanks, Phoebs," said Paige.

Paige was unsure how much time had passed before she heard Ava's voice." Paige? What's wrong?" she asked. "I felt like I was going to faint. Phoebe went to get a cold washcloth," Paige replied. "Are you sick to your stomach?" Ava asked. "When am I not, is the question," Paige muttered. "I'm about three months pregnant. Phoebe doesn't know." She attempted to raise her head, but stopped as a wave of dizziness washed over her. "Put your head back down, Paige." Ava commanded. "I've got a gypsy remedy that will help."

"Piper's water broke in the hallway and I told her I'd take care of it." Paige protested, raising her head again. "Whoa."

"Head down, Paige I mean it." Ava said. "Phoebe is already cleaning it up. Don't worry. Here's your cold washcloth," she added. "Thanks, Ava." Paige replied, as she felt Ava moving her hair out of the way. She found that she felt a little better with the cloth on the back of her neck. "Okay, Paige. I'm going to help you slowly sit up." Ava said softly. "Then, I want you to take a deep breath, release it, and drink the contents of this cup. One gulp, and don't breathe." Paige did as she was told, and then made a face. "What was that?" she choked. "I think I'm going to throw up! That was horrible!"

"If you have to vomit, here." Said Ava as she held out the wastebasket. "I can't tell you what was in it, or you will be sick. Just try your best to keep it down, and it should take effect in a minute or so...I'm sorry, Paige. I should have told you to plug your nose so you couldn't taste it...It is nasty."

" Don't worry about it, Ava." Paige replied softly. "It is helping, thank you."

"You're welcome." Ava replied.

*********************

Several minutes later, Leo and Phoebe entered the bedroom with Piper between them. "Feeling better?" Paige asked, looking at Piper, who was still crying. "It hurts so bad." Piper moaned. "The pains are closer together, now."

"She's having contractions every ten minutes." Leo said quietly. "When we went to bed last night, they were mild and about thirty to forty-five minutes apart."

"She was having contractions last night?!" Phoebe shouted, pouncing on Leo. "Why didn't you say something?"

"Well, I- we didn't feel it was necessary to worry you guys until her water broke." Leo replied. Piper nodded miserably in agreement as Ava and Paige helped her to lie down on the bed. "I can give you some Demerol for the pain, Piper." Ava offered. "Can't I have an epidural?" Piper whimpered. "I'm sorry, but I don't have access to that outside of the hospital." Ava replied. "I knew this home birthing was a bad idea." Piper grumbled. "Okay then, give me the shot." She said resignedly, rolling up the sleeve of her shirt. "Not quite, sorry." Ava replied quietly. "Girls, Leo, can I be alone with Piper for a few minutes? I need to do an exam."

"Sure, sure. C'mon Paige, Leo." Phoebe said as she ushered them toward the door.

Once they were in the hallway, Phoebe said, "I don't think I can handle this."

"Oh, no!" Paige said. "You are not backing out now, Phoebe. You trained for this along with me. I refuse to do this alone."

"You've almost passed out already, Paige. You couldn't do this alone, even if you had to." Phoebe stated. Leo and Paige shared a look behind Phoebe's back. Leo's asked, 'What is she talking about?' Paige's replied, 'I'll explain later."

After several minutes had passed, Ava poked her head out of the door. "You can come back in, now," she announced. As Paige stepped into the room, Piper was hit with a particularly strong contraction. "Ow!" she cried. "I want Mom and Grams and Prue with me!"

"Can we?" Paige asked as she turned to Phoebe. Phoebe looked in Ava's direction and then said, "We could try, I guess."

"I'll go up to the attic and get the candles," Paige said softly. Once she had retrieved them, she and Phoebe joined hands and recited the spell. "Hear these words, hear my cry, spirit from the other side. Come to me, I summon thee. Cross now the great divide."

Ava raised an eyebrow as they completed the ritual and then shrugged her shoulders as she turned back to Piper. Suddenly, orbs began to form and swirl within the candles' circle. Piper looked up hopefully. "Mom!" she gasped happily when the orbs had stopped moving. "Piper," Patty said as she stepped out of the circle. "Oh, one of my babies is having a baby."

"Where are Grams and Prue?" Piper asked, unable to hide her disappointment. "Oh, honey." Patty said gently. "The Elders would only allow one of us to come back this time. Prue really wanted to see you girls, but she decided you needed me here instead."

"Were we born in a hospital, Mom?" Phoebe asked suddenly. "Prue and Piper were. You and Paige were born at home. Right in this room, as a matter of fact." Patty replied. Phoebe gave Piper a look that said, 'See? Paige and I survived being born here.' Piper scowled at her in response. "Paige." Patty said with a smile. "My baby girl."

"Mom." Paige said as she hugged Patty tightly. "Wow!" Piper howled as another contraction gripped her. Paige glanced at the clock on the bedside table and then said, "Ava, it's only been five minutes since the last one."

"I know, Paige." Ava replied. "When I examined Piper, she was already at six centimeters. The rest could go very quickly, or it could take several hours. It all hinges on the baby, and Piper."

"Mom!" Piper howled. "I'm here, baby." Patty said, putting an arm around Piper. "I need some air." Phoebe said weakly. As Phoebe left the room, Paige, looking pale, lowered herself into a chair. "Are you okay, sweetheart?" Patty asked. "Fine, Mom." Paige responded quietly. "She's pregnant." Piper whispered.

"That's wonderful!" Patty beamed. "How far along are you?"

"Nearly three months. Phoebe doesn't know, yet; I'd like to keep it that way. "Paige said quietly. "If that's the way you want it." Patty replied. "Can I ask why, though? I've been watching you girls, and it looks to me like you and Phoebe get along pretty well."

"Well, Dave is a mortal, and I can't imagine what Phoebe would say." Paige replied quietly. "She already refers to me as a half-breed because I'm half witch, half whitelighter. My child will be witch, whitelighter, and mortal. It frightens me to think what term she'll come up with for my baby."

"Sweetheart, Victor is a mortal, also." Patty pointed out. "Besides it will still be Phoebe's niece or nephew, and my grandchild. Don't let her get to you, please. To tell the truth, I think I'm the person Phoebe is truly angry with... I wanted to tell you girls that Paige existed." Patty continued, as she looked at Piper. "You were all so young, though; I died before I had a chance to tell you, and I've always regretted it."

"It's okay, Mom." Piper responded as her eyes filled with tears. "I understand. I've forgiven you and accepted Paige as my sister. Phoebs will come around."

"Yeah, about ten or fifteen minutes after Hell freezes over." Paige muttered under her breath. "What?" asked Leo, even though he knew full well what she had said. "Nothing." Paige replied with a forced smile.

"Whatever." Leo muttered. "Paige." Patty began softly. "Would it be easier for you if I broke your news to Phoebe?"

"Would you?" Paige asked gratefully.

"Of course, sweetheart." Patty replied. "Are you alright?" she asked, studying her youngest daughter intently. In response, Paige pressed her lips together tightly and swallowed hard as she shook her head no.

"Honey, are you going to throw up?" Patty asked. Paige nodded miserably as Leo held the wastebasket out to her. "Let it out, Paige, don't be embarrassed," he coached gently. "It's nothing we haven't done ourselves." Suddenly, Paige felt Patty's arm come around her shoulders. "It's okay, honey." Patty murmured gently. "I'm here."

"Thanks, Mom." Paige replied quickly. "I'm sorry, Ava."

"It's okay, Paige." Ava responded as Paige's nausea overcame her. "The gypsy cure did what it was supposed to; this, unfortunately, is the end result."

A few seconds later, Phoebe entered the room. "Ugh!" she groaned. "Does it ever end? What's wrong with Paige, Mom? Another stomach bug?"

"No." Patty replied quietly. "Paige is pregnant."

"She's what?!" Phoebe gasped, as the glass of water she had been holding hit the floor and shattered. "H-how did this happen?"

"Well Dear Phoebe." Piper answered sarcastically. "When a man and a woman love each other very-"

"I know that, Piper!" Phoebe screeched. "I meant, how could Paige be so stupid?"

"Phoebe!" Patty scolded. "Paige made a mistake...she was not stupid. I think you owe your sister an apology."

"Half-sister!" Phoebe shot back angrily. "How appropriate that the 'accident' should have an accident of her own!"

As Patty was about to respond, Paige began to choke. "Excuse me, Patty." Leo said, moving quickly behind Paige. He gave her a swift chop to the shoulder blades, and inadvertently gave Phoebe her 'payback.'

"Eww!" Phoebe groaned. "I guess I deserved that...I'm sorry, Paige. I'm going to go shower and change."

'Nice shot.' Piper mouthed to Paige, who began to cry. "I'm sorry!" Paige sobbed. "Paige, it's okay." Leo replied softly. "You were choking; it happens. Besides, Phoebe's right...she did deserve it."

"I agree one hundred percent," Piper responded. "Come and lie down for awhile, Paige."

"I don't want to get in the way of anything." Paige protested. "Paige, the bed is huge," Piper replied. "If I wasn't serious, I wouldn't have offered. You need to lie down. It'll be awhile, yet, so maybe you could catch some sleep."

"Well, maybe..." Paige responded. "Come on, Paige." Leo said, holding his arms out to her. "I'll help you to the bed. "

Leo had barely helped Paige to the bed before she fell into a sound sleep. "My poor little girl." Patty whispered as she covered Paige with a blanket. "I think she's been making herself sicker than she would normally be because she's been so worried about telling Phoebe." Piper said quietly, as she gently pushed Paige's hair away from her face. "I'm glad Paige did what she did." Patty replied. "I know she didn't mean it, and she was humiliated when it happened, but Phoebe deserved it. There was no reason for her to behave so rudely."

"That's Phoebe." Piper replied. "She and Paige butt heads a lot."

"Really? It looks like they get along so well," said Patty. "Well, Paige can orb and heal, and she's got the telekinetic orbing power, along with all of the other powers she's inherited from Sam. Phoebe's jealous, plain and simple. Also, Paige astral projected a few weeks ago. " Piper added. "She did?" Patty asked.

As Piper was about to reply, a particularly strong contraction seized her. She put her hands out in front of herself in an unconscious gesture, and yelped, as there was a sudden explosion. Ava's jaw dropped in shock as a dresser and part of the wall behind it exploded across the room, sending clothing flying in all directions. "Oh, no!" Piper gasped as she recovered herself and glanced at Paige. "It's okay." Ava said in a low voice. "Paige is out. She didn't even move. Ah, by the way, what was that?"

"That's one of my 'gifts' as a witch. I can blow things up," Piper explained. "It's tied to my emotions; sometimes it occurs without my intent, like that did. I'm sorry if I frightened you."

"No," Ava replied. "Actually, it was kind of cool, in a way. But let me say this: If you do that again, I'm going to have to use the restraints." She smiled broadly at Piper to indicate that she was joking. Piper returned the smile, but it quickly faded as Leo began to scream at her. "Honey, be careful!" he shouted angrily. "You could have pointed your hands the wrong way and taken someone out! And look at what you did to the wall!"

"It's not like I meant to do it!" Piper snapped angrily. "Sometimes it just happens! Besides, we gave up our big closet to make a nursery for Melinda. Now, our smaller one is a walk-in. It all works out."

"Well for crying out loud, get some control over it! I'm going to check with the Elders about Paige!" Leo retorted before orbing out. "Leo! This is so not over! You orb your butt back here right now! Aargh!" Piper growled angrily, upon receiving no response. "There's no pleasing that man! Angel, my ass! I might as well be married to the damn Elders! Maybe next time I'll aim better and hit him! That might improve his attitude. Somehow, I doubt it, but a wife can dream, can't she?! Lucky for him he's already dead," she muttered as she peered up at the ceiling. "Piper, sweetheart, calm down." Patty replied. "Anger will only make the pain worse." She then looked at Paige and shook her head. "I can't believe she slept through the commotion." Patty continued. "Either she's really worn out, or she sleeps like her father. You could almost drop a brick on Sam's head and he'd sleep through it. The night I went into labor with her...I shook Sam for hours, and he wouldn't move. I think he finally came to right before my water broke, and she came seconds later."

"Yes, Paige is a sound sleeper when she's worn out, or not feeling well." Piper replied. "Now that Phoebe knows, Paige's last hurdle is going to be breaking the news to Dave."

"Oh, yes, the boyfriend." Patty replied with a smile. "He seems like a very nice guy, and I can see how much Paige cares about him." In response, Piper gave her mother a look that plainly asked. 'How would you know?' It dawned on her, then and she replied, somewhat accusingly. "You peeked, didn't you? What? Do you and Grams and Prue spy on us up there? Do you have no other form of entertainment?"

"Sweetheart, of course we watch over you. It's not what you must think, though. We never watch during a private moment; we just watch over you to make sure you're alright." Patty replied defensively. "Yeah, I wonder sometimes..." Piper muttered to herself.

********************************

Several minutes later, Phoebe entered the room in clean pajamas, with her hair still damp from her shower. "I see the half-breed wore herself out," she said. "Phoebe, sit down." Patty commanded. "I need to remind you of something." Phoebe seated herself in a chair and scowled up at her mother. "Alright." Patty began as she paced back and forth. "First of all, I don't think it's fair of you to judge Paige because her baby's father is a mortal. Your father is mortal, also. Secondly, if Piper's baby defies what we think we know and is a boy, he will be powerless. Being as the baby has already proven otherwise, we know the truth. Lastly, Piper has informed me that Paige can astral project. Leo has gone to check with the Elders on that one...if they didn't give Paige a power boost that means her child is a female also. Even though her baby is going to be witch, whitelighter, and mortal, he or she will be related to you; whether you like that fact or not...The point I'm trying to make is, I got pregnant by a mortal three times, and all of you turned out fine."

"It's not fair." Phoebe muttered. "Paige has got the cool powers, and she can heal. All I can do is find our innocents in time and levitate myself out of the way."

"Phoebe, why can't you just admit that it's me you're angry with?" Patty asked. At this, Phoebe began to cry. "Sweetheart." Patty continued. "I wanted to tell you about Paige sooner, but you were all so young...

Prue was the only one who would have been capable of understanding what was going on; why Sam and I made the choice that we did. I planned on waiting until you were all old enough to understand; then I died and never got the opportunity. I'm so sorry, Phoebe."

"Mommy!" Phoebe choked as she stood up and ran to Patty. "Shh, shh, it's okay, sweetheart." Patty soothed as she held Phoebe tightly. "I'm so sorry!" Phoebe sobbed. "I haven't been fair to you or Paige. You both have every right to hate me."

"Sweetheart, I could never hate you." Patty said firmly. "Paige couldn't, either...I've been watching you girls, and Paige loves you very much. You and Piper have taught her everything she needs to know to be what Prue refers to as one kick-ass witch." At the mention of Prue's name, Phoebe began to cry even harder. "I miss her so much!" Phoebe choked. "She misses you too." Patty answered quietly. "She feels bad that she had to leave you and Piper behind, honey; she feels even worse that she never got to meet Paige. She's so proud of her three little sisters; we all are." Phoebe was sobbing too hard to even speak, so Patty held her tightly and rubbed her back.

*****************************

Several hours later, Paige awoke just after Ava had finished examining Piper again. "Okay Piper." Ava said quietly. "On the next contraction, I want you to take a deep breath and then bear down as hard as you can while you release it."

"Can't she just orb herself out?" Piper asked hopefully. "No, sweetie, she can't." Ava replied gently. "You're going to have to do this the old-fashioned way." As Piper opened her mouth to protest, the pager on Ava's belt sounded. "I'm sorry, but Paige, Phoebe, you're going to have to take over; it's the hospital."

At this news, Phoebe's face registered an expression of stark terror. "We'll get through this, Phoebs." Paige stated as she got to her feet. "We knew when Ava trained us that we might have to do this ourselves. I'm confident that we can do this."

"We can't." Phoebe insisted. Her protest fell on deaf ears, however, as Paige's attention was solely focused on Piper. "Come on, Piper." Paige said in an encouraging tone. "You can do this...I have faith in you."

"Come on, honey." Leo said as he orbed in and took Piper's hand in his own. "I'm here, now. Take a deep breath and push as hard as you can. Piper began to cry as she did as she was told.

After several minutes of hard pushing, Paige looked up and said, "I can see her head, Piper."

"Gross!" Phoebe whined. "Zip it, Phoebs, or go up by Mom and Leo." Paige ordered. "You're not helping me, anyhow."

"Well there's so much blood. " Phoebe gasped. "Duh!" Paige replied. "Childbirth isn't all neat and clean like in the movies, Phoebs...If you can't handle it, go up by Mom and Leo; now." Phoebe, looking slightly ill, did as she was told. "Come on, Piper. Push as hard as you can." Paige coached. "I can't, I can't." Piper sobbed.

Patty leaned over and planted a kiss on Piper's forehead. "Baby, you can do this; we're all here to help you," she whispered gently. "Thanks, Mom." Piper choked. She took a deep breath, then, and pushed with everything she had. "Okay, Piper." Paige began a few minutes later. "I need you to stop pushing for a minute. The baby's head is out, and I need to clean out her mouth." Piper nodded in response as she sobbed. A few seconds later, she gasped. "I need to push again; my body's telling me to."

"Go ahead, then, sweetie." Paige encouraged. Piper screwed up her face tightly and again pushed with all the strength she could muster.

"Good job! Aaaahh!" Paige screamed and then orbed out, still holding the baby. She orbed back in a few seconds later, asking, "Can somebody get me a towel?"

"Here." Phoebe said, as she held one out to her sister. "Ugh!" Paige groaned as she shifted the baby to one arm and wiped her face off. "What's wrong?" Piper asked, on the verge of hysteria. "Well, unless I missed something in Health class, your baby is a boy," Paige replied. "He was barely out and he peed on me! It's not funny!" she insisted as everyone else began to laugh. "Phoebs, can you give me a blanket for him?"

"Here. Give me pee-boy." Phoebe replied, still giggling. "Thank you." Paige replied, as she began to massage Piper's stomach. "What are you doing?" Phoebe asked. "Did you miss that part of Ava's training?" Paige asked. "You have to do this to expel the placenta, or afterbirth, as some people call it."

"Oh...gross." Phoebe replied. "Leo, would you like to hold your son?"

"Come here, buddy." Leo said, as tears of joy streamed down his cheeks. "I'm your Daddy. We have to talk later about better aim, pal; you got your Auntie Paige right in the face."

"Leo, can you open the blanket for a second so I can tie this string around his umbilical cord?" Phoebe asked. "Just don't expose him...I don't want to be his next target." She giggled, then, and looked at Paige as she tied the string. "Not funny, Phoebs!" Paige snapped.

A short while later, Paige laid the placenta aside and handed Leo a pair of sterilized scissors to cut the cord. "Can I hold my son?" Piper asked through her tears. "As soon as his Auntie Paige cleans him up." Paige said in a voice thick with tears. "Please be nice to me, little guy," she finished, gently taking the baby from Leo.

Several minutes later, Paige returned with her newborn nephew, who was now cleaned up, dressed, and swaddled in a warm blanket. "Say hello to your mommy and your grandma." She said as she passed the baby to Piper. "Hello, my little angel boy." Piper sobbed. "He's so handsome; look at all that hair, and those eyes!" Patty gasped. "Congratulations, Piper and Leo."

"Thanks, Mom." Piper cried. "Thank you, Patty. He definitely looks like a Halliwell." Leo replied. "Yes, with the dark hair." Patty said quietly. "He's also got Prue's eye-color."

"Yeah, that weird grayish green-blue color. " Phoebe said. "I believe they call that color hazel blue, Phoebs." Leo supplied. "Thank you." Phoebe responded. "Hazel blue."

"Have you thought of a name yet?" Paige asked. "Not really." Piper and Leo responded in unison. "We weren't expecting him to be a boy, so we didn't pick out any boys names." Piper continued. "Is that why you've made me so sick these last few weeks?" she asked, addressing her son. "To get back at Mommy for calling you Melinda? Mommy's sorry, little guy."

"He's really going to be upset when he finds out that his nursery is pink." Paige stated through a yawn. "That's right." Piper replied. "It will have to do for now; hopefully, it won't affect him in any way... thank you so much, everybody. I love you all so much."

"We love you, too, honey." Patty replied. "Now it's time to get you cleaned up. Phoebe, can you help me? I think Paige deserves a break."

"I think that's been established, already." Phoebe whispered, indicating Paige, who had fallen asleep again in the chair. "Poor baby. She must really be worn out." Leo extended his arm to give her a gentle shake, but was stopped by Piper. "Honey, let her sleep," she said. "Can you carry her to her room? She'll be more comfortable in her bed." Leo nodded and gently scooped Paige into his arms. When he returned, Patty asked quietly. "What did the Elders say about Paige?"

"Well, they had nothing to do with her astral-projection." Leo responded. "That means she's most likely expecting a girl." Patty replied. "Don't be so certain, Mom." Piper replied as she gazed lovingly at her son.

"I guess not." Patty responded.

"Mom, how long can you stay?" Piper asked. "Well, the Elders didn't really say." Patty replied. "I guess I can stay for a day or two."

"At this news, Piper's face fell. "I miss you so much, Mom." She said, on the verge of tears. "Also, I don't have a clue what I'm doing."

"Sweetheart, you'll be fine." Patty responded gently. "I have complete faith in your abilities."

"I don't!" Piper wailed. "What if I mess up? He's going to hate me even more than I'm sure he does right now."

"Don't talk like that." Patty chided gently. "He doesn't hate you, and you'll be just fine."

"Mom's right, Piper." Phoebe said encouragingly. "And you've got Pearl to help."

"Who's Pearl?" Patty asked. "Only the one elf that didn't listen when Daniela the big mouth decided to bad-mouth us." Piper replied. "Oh, her." Patty replied with a dismissive wave of her hand. "She likes to start trouble up there whenever she can."

"So she's a little bitch on both planes of existence." Phoebe muttered. "Phoebe, it's been a long night." Patty said quietly. "Why don't you go and get some sleep?"

"That sounds wonderful." Phoebe replied gratefully. "Do you need anything else before I go, Piper?"

"No." Piper answered. She paused for a big yawn and then continued. "He seems pretty content, so I'm going to try to get some sleep, myself."

"Okay." Phoebe said as she knelt on the bed beside Piper. "Congratulations again. He's beautiful." She then gave Piper a tight bear hug. "Ouch! Phoebs, you're squashing me! Get off!" Piper demanded. "Sorry, sweetie." Phoebe said as she kissed Piper's cheek and crawled off of the bed. "Goodnight, already!" Piper replied through another yawn.

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

83.6K 1.1K 28
After Kate has a mental breakdown and was sent to an insane asylum the Fairchilds get a new nanny. One with a daughter who finds interest in Miles. A...
20.9K 402 33
"So.... I think I kinda..." "I know." --- Penelope Ackles spends a lot of time on the set of Supernatural. What happens when she meets the new kid on...
847 5 13
Ria Jenners just moved across the road from the Gallaghers. Then something happens and her mom kicks her out, then she falls in love. What will happe...
9.6K 187 16
Bloom finds out she is pregnant. She decides to leave the magic dimension. What happens when her and her child are in danger?