Hello Again Prue

Od Creativefatal1ty

Paige finds herself unexpectedly with child. How will she handle it? Viac

HELLO AGAIN PRUE By: Tina M. Leffelman ©2002 All Rights Reserved
Six Weeks Later- Paige's Bedroom
Three Weeks Later- Halliwell Manor- Piper and Leo's Bedroom
Halliwell Manor Kitchen- Later That Day
Northern Ireland- Several Minutes Later
Halliwell Manor Sun Room- Six Weeks Later
San Francisco Memorial Hospital- Waiting Room
Sydney, Australia- The Following Afternoon
Paige's Hospital Room- One Week Later
Halliwell Manor Sun Room- Four Weeks Later
Halliwell Manor Attic- Six Weeks Later
Back At Halliwell Manor- Several Hours Later
Halliwell Manor Dining Room- Several Minutes Later
Halliwell Manor- Living Room- Later That Evening
Paige's Bedroom- Moments Later
Halliwell Manor- Phoebe's Bedroom- Several Hours Later
Halliwell Manor-Dining Room- Several Hours Later
Halliwell Manor Living Room - Several Hours Later
Paige's Bedroom- Seconds Later
Seconds Later- The Shadow Realm

Halliwell Manor Kitchen- The Next Morning

944 10 12
Od Creativefatal1ty

"Morning Piper, morning Leo, morning Phoebe," Paige mumbled as she took her place at the table. "Morning, Paige," Phoebe began brightly. "Boy, you're up early this morning."

"Uh, Phoebs, you might want to tone it down a bit," Piper said quietly. "Paige, are you still sick? You don't look so good," she finished, reaching out to feel Paige's forehead. "I'm fine!" Paige snapped as she backed away. "Lay off. Be a mother to Melinda, not me."

"Boy, you're sure crabby when you're sick," Piper replied. "I'm fine!" Paige insisted through clenched teeth. "I'm sorry," she said in the next instant. "Really, I'm fine. I'm just missing Dave already, and he hasn't even been gone for twenty-four hours!" she finished, as her eyes filled with tears.

"Honey, I know you miss him," Phoebe said as she gave Paige a hug. "Believe it or not, even though Cole forced us to vanquish him once and for all, I still miss him, sometimes." Paige pulled away from Phoebe, openly sobbing, and choked, "I'm sorry, Phoebe, but I don't want to be touched right now...no offense," she added, seeing the hurt look on Phoebe's face. "No, I understand," said Phoebe quietly. "Piper doesn't like to be babied when she's sick, either," she added, looking in her big sister's direction, then glaring at Leo as he let out a contradictory snort. Piper gave Paige a sympathetic look and rested her hands protectively on her tummy. "Just remember, we're here if you need us, honey," Phoebe finished.

"Thanks, guys," Paige said quietly. She then pushed her chair away from the table. "Are you okay?" Phoebe asked. "Fine," Paige replied, rolling her eyes. "I'm just not hungry yet... I'm going to go for a walk. Maybe it'll help me to clear my head." She then looked in Leo's direction and asked, "How long did it take before the chatter in your head stopped bothering you? I don't think I'll ever get used to it," she added. "It'll take awhile, Paige," he replied quietly." Don't worry, though. The Elders will only give you what they think you can deal with. As you get used to it, they'll add more tasks, but I wouldn't worry too much... You're a very compassionate person, and I see you doing a lot of good for the world."

Suddenly, blue and white lights shimmered above Paige's head. "Yi, it's the Elders," Paige said nervously. "Don't panic, Paige," Leo said. "Until you're able to sort out the chatter, they'll summon you so you know who needs your help."

"Okay, Paige replied, still looking frightened. "Wish me luck." Without waiting for a response, she orbed herself up to the Elders.

Halliwell Manor-Two Weeks Later

"Paige?" Piper asked, looking up at her youngest sister. "What?" Paige asked. "Just wondering... What made you decide to become a social worker?" Piper asked. "Why do you ask?" Paige replied warily. "Why are you being so evasive?" Piper asked. "I just never thought you cared..." Paige responded. "Well, you're my sister, and I feel like I hardly know you," Piper replied. "I don't know why you think I wouldn't care, honey."

"I guess I decided to become a social worker when my adoptive parents were killed..." She paused for a breath, and her eyes filled with tears. Piper had just opened her mouth to apologize, when Paige continued speaking.

"After being bounced through the system until I was eighteen, I decided I wanted to help kids in trouble. Some of the foster parents I had... well, they weren't the greatest... I had foster mothers who wanted me more for "show" than the fact that I was a human being. They'd tell me I was pretty, and then fix me up with the sons of their country club friends. Those sons are a whole different story... Ninety percent of them had never been in the presence of a female, apparently. The boarding school crowd, I guess you could call them. They'd show up to pick me up, and once they had met my foster parents and made nice conversation with them, it was like talking to a wall when I was alone with them... As for my foster fathers, maybe it was a blessing that they couldn't, well, "breed," so to speak. I was sexually molested and also raped by a few of them," she finished, as her tears began to flow full force.

"Honey, I'm so sorry," Piper said softly. She held her arms out to Paige, who accepted the hug gratefully. "I didn't mean to bring up such a sore subject," Piper moaned as she rubbed Paige's back. "'S okay, Piper, you didn't know," Paige choked. Suddenly, Paige let out a loud hiccup and orbed out of Piper's embrace. "Paige, are you okay? What happened?" Piper called. She waited a few moments, and when she didn't receive an answer, she called again, only louder. "PAIGE?"

"Sorry, Piper!" Paige called from the second floor. "I'll be down in a few minutes!"

"Are you okay?" Piper called. "Yes, I'm fine, Piper!" Paige called back. "Okay, good to hear!" Piper replied.

After a short while had passed, Paige came downstairs, wearing a different outfit. "What was that?" Piper asked. "Did something happen? You changed clothes, too."

"I changed clothes because I'm going to meet Sam for dinner," Paige began. "It's going to be awhile until I can call him 'my dad.' " She said quietly. "Anyway, my powers have been acting strange since I've started getting white lighter charges... If I get upset enough to hiccup while I'm crying, I'll orb out."

"Must be any time your emotions are running high," Piper said softly, with a smirk. Paige immediately went bright pink and said; "I guess it started before that, considering the 'problem' I had with Dave at first, huh?"

At that, Piper could no longer hold back a giggle. Paige glared at her and snapped, "Knock it off, Peeper!" She knew that particular nickname was one that Piper truly detested. "I'm s-sorry," Piper sputtered. "It's just so easy making you blush, Paige... I mean, it's not even a challenge anymore."

"Not the least bit funny!" Paige replied angrily. Hard as she tried, Piper could not stop giggling. "See you later!" Paige said, as she slammed out of the Manor's front door. Once she was behind the wheel of her car, Paige let out a sigh of relief. "Pretty soon, they'll know the truth anyhow," she said to herself. "They'll get suspicious when I'm running around in sweats because I can't button my jeans anymore. God, these are tight," she moaned.

An Italian Restaurant In San Francisco

Paige glanced at her watch for a third time. "Where is Sam?" she asked herself. "Sorry I'm late, honey," she heard suddenly. She looked up to see Sam beside her. "I got a call," he said quietly. Paige nodded in understanding and said, "Innocents come first."

"So how have you been?" Sam asked as he seated himself at the table. He studied her face for a moment and said quietly, "You haven't been getting enough sleep... I can tell. You're also not feeling well, are you?" Paige then gave Sam a look as if to ask him where he thought he got off, making remarks like that. "Look, honey," Sam began. "I know I didn't raise you, and that we've only recently met one another, but I am your father, and I'm concerned about you."

"Thanks for your concern, Sam." Paige began softly, regretting the look she had given him. "You're right... I haven't been sleeping well, and I haven't been feeling the greatest, either." She paused to take a breath, and Sam said suddenly. "You're pregnant."

"Wha- how did you know?" Paige sputtered. "Patty, well, your mother, acted that way when she first found out you were on the way." Sam explained. "She had trouble sleeping, and was nauseated for a few months...Do Piper and Phoebe know yet?" he finished.

Paige snorted and said. "Are you kidding? I value my life, Sam. They'd kill me first and ask questions later. To hell with the power of three."

"Oh, come on." Sam said quietly. "They seem like they'd be very understanding."

This remark produced another snort from Paige. "Ah, Sam, are we talking about the same two Halliwell sisters? Sure, they've both been pregnant. Piper is now, as you know, but their pregnancies have occurred within wedlock. I don't think they'd be very understanding of my getting 'knocked up' by a mortal. Especially since 'my' mortal is back home in Australia, and doesn't know he's going to be a father yet," she finished quietly. "When were you planning on telling him?" Sam asked. "Well, I was hoping that the immigration department would renew his visa so that he can come back to the States. Then I can break the news to him gently. Otherwise, I'll have to do it by e-mail, and that's so not the way I want to break news like this. As far as Piper and Phoebe finding out, I'm hoping I'll be able to hold out until I have no choice but to tell them."

Sam studied his daughter closely and then spoke. "I don't think you'll be able to hide it much longer, honey." he began. "You're getting what they refer to as the 'mother's glow.' "

"I-I am?" Paige stammered. Sam nodded and said," You inherited your fair complexion from the Wilder's. Since I saw you last, your skin is rosier, and you're starting to resemble the Halliwell side of your family."

"Well," Paige responded. "Phoebe and Piper know that I wear makeup, so I don't think they'll question that... As long as I can hide my nausea from them, I should be okay until I start to show," she finished. "You hope," Sam replied. "Has it affected your powers at all?"

"Well," Paige began. "I've accidentally astral projected a few times and I can heal by myself now, without Leo as a backup," she added with a wide grin. "Now The Elders have given me charges of my own for whitelighter duty," she finished proudly.

"Honey, I think the Elders felt that you were ready to be a whitelighter after you saved me from myself," Sam said. "I don't think the fact that you can heal by yourself has anything to do with your pregnancy. As for the astral projection, that may very well be the baby, but only time will tell."

"Did mom do anything out of the ordinary when she was pregnant with me?" Paige asked. "Not that I can recall," Sam replied. " But she wouldn't allow me to be around her very often; since it was forbidden for a witch and a whitelighter to be together, much less procreate at that time. Even now, it's still frowned upon."

"Well, how did Piper and Leo get around it?" Paige asked. "Considering that she's a Charmed One and all, I'd think they'd frown more on that."

"They struggled for awhile with the Elders, honey," Sam began. "I'm sure Piper will tell you, if you ask her. Your sister is very stubborn, though, and after some of the Elders foresaw how powerful the child Leo and Piper would bring into the world would be, they relented and allowed the union."

"Why couldn't you and Mom just go to them and plead your case?" Paige asked. "Maybe they would have let me stay and actually have known you and my mother," she finished, as silent tears coursed down her cheeks. "Why, Daddy?" she whispered.

Sam tried to hide his surprise at Paige's finally calling him 'Daddy' as he reached over to put an arm around her. "We were afraid you'd be taken away from us, and we wouldn't know your whereabouts, ever," Sam explained. "We left you at the church with instructions to Sister Agnes to tell you about us. We wanted you to be safe, honey... we did what we did because we loved you so much." At that moment, Paige turned and wordlessly buried her face in Sam's shoulder.

Back At Halliwell Manor

"Uh, Piper?" Phoebe began suddenly, breaking the silence in the sunroom. "Yes?" Piper asked, looking up from her book on home birthing. "Just wondering...have you noticed how Paige has been acting, lately?" Phoebe asked. "What do you mean by that? Missy Paige is just fine," Piper replied. "Well, she just seems moody, lately, and her powers have been a little off," said Phoebe. "I also have to say, I think she cringes when you call her 'Missy Paige.' I know I do when you call me 'Dear Phoebe,' "she muttered. "Phoebs, she's a whitelighter, now," Piper replied. "Her powers are going to be a little off until she gets used to healing on her own and dealing with her charges, while helping us. Remember how clumsy she was at orbing when she first came to stay with us? You were the same when you first started levitating. And who could forget when I first started blowing things up? Remember? I locked myself in the basement so I couldn't hurt anyone." She was quiet for a moment, and then said. "The only thing I noticed out of the ordinary that I forgot to tell you-"

"What happened?" Phoebe interrupted. "Well, about two weeks ago, when she had that stomach thing, she astral projected, like Prue used to," Piper replied. "Great! So now the half-breed gets another power?! It's not fair!" Phoebe said angrily. "Phoebe, she can orb," Piper began. "Maybe the astral projection has something to do with it. Technically, part of her was transported... I don't know," she finished lamely, seeing the seething expression on Phoebe's face. "She should never have been conceived," Phoebe muttered under her breath. "Well, she was and she's our sister so get used to it," Piper said in response. "Be jealous if you want to, but I love her. She'll be able to teach Melinda a lot, and so will you. By the way, Phoebs, when you insulted Paige by calling her a half-breed, you also insulted your niece...she'll be half witch- half whitelighter, too. Keep that in mind," she finished, rubbing her protruding tummy.

With that, Phoebe's scowl changed to an expression of remorse, and she leaned over to rub Piper's tummy. "Auntie Phoebe's sorry, Melinda. What I said wasn't very nice, was it?" she paused for a second and then asked. "Did she move?" Piper shook her head no and said, "She'll get over it, Phoebs. Don't worry."

"I guess I am jealous of Paige," Phoebe admitted softly. "I'm also worried about her... I just have this urge to protect her, and I can't explain it."

"You're getting in practice to be a good aunt, Phoebe, ooh!" Piper finished, groaning. "What's wrong?" Phoebe asked in an alarmed tone. "N-nothing," Piper stammered. "Melinda just kicked me, and it felt like one of her feet hit one of my lungs... one of these days, she's going to knock the wind out of me."

"Well, at least if she does any damage, she can heal you," Phoebe said comfortingly.

"Good point," Piper replied. She then addressed her tummy and said, "I wish you could kick Auntie Phoebe, Melinda...she's the one who insulted both you and Auntie Paige. Since you can't, Mommy will fight your battles for you..." Piper got a wicked grin on her face as she grabbed a throw pillow from the couch beside her. "This is for Paige and Melinda!" she said, as she took aim and hit Phoebe squarely in the face. "Hey!" Phoebe squealed in protest as she giggled. "That hurt!"

"Yeah? Good!" Piper giggled fiendishly. "Any more insults you'd care to offer up? I'd be glad to whack you again."

"No, I'm good." Phoebe responded with a laugh.

Suddenly, they heard the front door of the Manor open, and then close. "Paige?" Phoebe called. In the same instant, Piper called. "Leo?"

"Oh, God!" they heard Paige gasp. Then they heard the clatter of her heels as she ran through the foyer. Piper and Phoebe shared a look as they heard the sound of water running full force in the kitchen. "I'll go," Piper said softly as she hoisted herself off of the couch. She made her way to the kitchen where she found Paige, who was vomiting into the sink. She carefully put her own hand over Paige's, helping her to hold her hair back while she rubbed Paige's back gently with her other hand. "Easy, sweetie." Piper said quietly. "Let it come on its own...don't force it."

After a few minutes, Paige's nausea finally subsided, so Piper offered her a glass of water. "Do you feel better?" she asked gently. Paige gratefully accepted the water, and after rinsing her mouth, she replied huskily. "A little better, I guess. Thanks, Piper."

"What did you have for dinner?" Piper asked. "Linguine with white clam s-" was all Paige was able to manage before another wave of sickness overcame her. "Phoebs!" Piper called. Phoebe entered the kitchen warily, looking like she was ready to vomit, herself. "I think Missy Paige has food poisoning," Piper said quietly. "As soon as she feels better, I need you to help me get her to the bathroom...Can you get a bowl or something for her? She may need it."

"Okay, Paige, we're going to help you to the bathroom." Phoebe said a few minutes later, after Paige's queasiness had subsided again. "Thanks, guys." Paige said quietly. "The ba-" She caught herself nearly saying 'The baby must not have liked what I ate for dinner.' She covered with a hard swallow and said. "The clams must have been bad... I'm so humiliated."

"Honey, it's okay." Piper replied gently. "You couldn't help it...Look on the bright side," she continued. "At least you made it home and to the sink before you got sick." At this, Paige blushed a deep pink and said. "Uh, not exactly..."

"What happened?" Piper asked quietly. "I tried to make it home." Paige explained, as her blush deepened. "I got within about a mile of here, and I had to pull over. I kind of turned the wrong way; my car's upholstery is going to need a thorough cleaning."

"Alright." Piper replied. "Paige, as soon as we get you safely to the bathroom, I'll stay with you, and Phoebs will take your car to get it cleaned, okay?"

Phoebe opened her mouth to protest, and Piper said quietly. "Phoebs, you have to go...I can't comfortably fit behind the wheel with my tummy, first of all. Secondly, if you stay, I'll have to take care of both of you, because we all know that you can't handle it when someone's not feeling well."

"Okay," Phoebe said resignedly as they reached the bathroom. "I guess I don't really have a choice."

"Thank you, Phoebs," Paige said gratefully. "I'm so sorry."

"It's alright, honey; Feel better, okay? I love you," Phoebe said quietly. "Love you, too," Paige replied.

Once they were safely alone, Piper said quietly. "Paige, we need to talk." Paige looked silently at her sister in response. "Look." Piper continued. "You may have food poisoning, but I know that you're pregnant too, aren't you?" Paige shifted uncomfortably and then nodded. "How did you know?" she asked. "I'm pretty good at reading the signs...you're acting pretty much like I did a few months ago." Piper replied quietly. "I've known for about two weeks now, and I was hoping that you'd trust me enough to come to me... I guess I was wrong."

"It's not that I didn't trust you, Piper." Paige replied tearfully. "I was so afraid of disappointing you, and Phoebe, that I couldn't work up the courage to tell you...how did you find out, anyhow?"

"Well," Piper responded. "I found the pregnancy test when I was emptying the garbage in the bathroom. Melinda kicked as I was dumping it, and as a result, I had to pick everything up from the floor."

"In other words, my unborn niece decided to rat me out." Paige said softly. She placed a hand on Piper's tummy and said. "Thanks a lot, kiddo." Melinda kicked in response, causing Paige and Piper to giggle. "She knows her Auntie Paige." Piper said quietly. As Paige was about to reply, her stomach gave a sickening lurch. "Ah Piper, can I be alone?" she asked weakly. "Sure." Piper replied as she stood up to leave. "Call if you need me," she finished as she opened the door. "Thanks, I will." Paige gasped, as a pain shot across her abdomen.

**********************************************

A few hours later, after restlessly tossing and turning, Piper decided that sleep was futile, and that she was going to go check on Paige. As she put an arm behind herself to gain leverage to get out of the bed, she accidentally punched Leo in the stomach. He groaned in his sleep and rolled over onto his side. "Sorry, honey." Piper whispered with a grimace. She got herself out of bed with no further mishaps and made her way down the dimly lit hallway. She and Paige both screamed softly when they met. After she had recovered, Piper said. "I was just coming to check on you...Are you feeling better?"

"For the moment," Paige responded, absentmindedly rubbing her tummy. "Really, Piper, I'm fine." she protested. "You can go back to bed."

"I wish I could." Piper muttered. "I was reading a book on home-birthing earlier, and I think I scared myself." Paige smiled and said. "Well, I can't sleep myself, so you're welcome to sit in my room and keep me company if you'd like."

"Thanks, I think I will," Piper replied as she followed Paige to her room.

Once there, Paige crawled into bed and patted the empty space beside herself. "Are you sure?" Piper asked. Paige nodded silently in response and offered Piper a smile. "Beware." Piper said quietly as she lowered herself onto the bed. "I've got to warn you; I accidentally punched Leo in the stomach as I was getting up."

"Oh, no!" Paige gasped. "Did he wake up?"

"No." Piper responded. "He groaned and rolled away... I feel so bad."

"Sweetie, it was an accident." Paige said quietly. "Besides, he probably won't even remember it in the morning...I doubt you hit him hard enough to leave a bruise; so don't worry about it."

"Thanks Paige." Piper replied. She paused to take a breath, and then changed the subject. "Have you told Dave yet that he's going to be a father?"

"No." Paige whispered as she looked down at the bed. "I found out the day that he had to fly back home; I didn't think it'd be the best time to drop news like that on him. 'By the way, honey, you're going to be a father. Have a nice flight.' That would have been completely heartless. I'm hoping the immigration department will renew his visa so I can tell him in person. Otherwise, I'll be forced to do it by e-mail, and I feel that's not right. Does Phoebe know?"

"No." Piper said. "She commented that you're moody, and asked if I thought something was wrong with your powers, but she hasn't said anything else."

Paige shifted her body so that her head was resting on Piper's shoulder and said. "I'm sorry I didn't come to you sooner, Piper. I was just so embarrassed; I never intended for this to happen." Piper slipped an arm around Paige's back and said softly. "Paige, it's alright. Accidents happen."

"Yeah, and I'm a prime example." Paige replied. "I for one am glad that it happened." Piper said with a smile. "I just wish that we could have grown up together."

"Me too. But at least our children can," Paige replied. She paused for a breath and then continued. "I got pregnant on the night that we vanquished Arsis. Dave and I were 'messing around' and he tried something new. I felt the condom break, Piper. I had every intention of telling him; then my phone rang, and I forgot in all the excitement. I planned to go to the doctor the next day for the 'morning after' pill, but then, when the other two demons attacked, it slipped my mind. Look where it got me!" she wailed as she began to cry.

Piper gave her a gentle squeeze and said. "Paige, you're not in this alone. We'll help you however we can."

"I- I was so a-afraid of your re-reaction," Paige sobbed. "Dave is a mortal. Our baby will be witch, whitelighter, and mortal. God only knows how that will screw the kid up. "

"Your baby will be just that, Paige; a baby." Piper said comfortingly. "I can tell you that I'll be proud to call him or her my niece or nephew. You can count on that. "

"W- what about P-Phoebe?" Paige choked." She h-hates me!"

"Sweetie, she does not hate you." Piper replied firmly. "She may resent you because you forced her to finally grow up, but Phoebe loves you. "

"I c-cant bring myself to tell her my news, yet." Paige whispered.

"That's okay. You'll tell her when the time is right. I promise I'll keep your secret." Piper vowed, giving Paige another gentle squeeze. Paige's only response was quiet sobbing. Piper encircled Paige's body with her arms and allowed Paige to cry it out. A short while later, Piper realized that Paige's body had grown heavy against her chest. She looked down to find Paige sound asleep, so she disentangled herself from her sister. "Sleep well, honey," she whispered, covering Paige and giving her a light kiss on the forehead before leaving the room.

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

155K 4.5K 40
Paige Summers has always been rejected since her father died. Now she has finally ran away from it all. Secrets are revealed and truths are told. Thi...
79.1K 1.4K 18
What if Clary had a twin? What is she was Calmer than her sister? What happens when they hit 18? What if she catches the eyes of Alec Lightwood and M...
9.6K 187 16
Bloom finds out she is pregnant. She decides to leave the magic dimension. What happens when her and her child are in danger?
83.6K 1.1K 28
After Kate has a mental breakdown and was sent to an insane asylum the Fairchilds get a new nanny. One with a daughter who finds interest in Miles. A...