The Galaxies Between Us: Hiro...

By eikiji

DATE PUBLISHED: MARCH 06, 2018 HIRO NICHOLAS GARETTE, is the second young master of a prominent household. Al... More

01: Young Master Hiro
02: The Fragrance of Flowers and the Ringing of Bells
04: Venture the Woods to Save Life!
05: Let him do his thing
06: To know your Luck at Romance
07: Hiro's Great Escape
08: Breathtakingly Beautiful
09: Familliarity
10: Those Golden Robes
11: Escala, The Land of Dragons
12: Pieces of the Past

03: The world Mr. Liao believed

317 23 0
By eikiji

The world Mr. Liao believed.

~*~

The loud ringing of the bell throughout the hallway indicates that the class for today has finally come to an end. Although Hiro didn't had most of the day to hang out with Chester and the others, he was looking forward on the trip they were going this weekend.

If Darius wouldn't allow me, then I just had to break my window and jump from there. The only problem is, if I broke my ankle or died from the jump. It would look like I commited suicide right?

"Hey Hiro! What are you daydreaming there? Let's go!" Maycee called out, standing by the door. Chester and James were already waiting outside bickering to each other.

Hiro packed his things up and stood up from his chair to walk with them out of school. Hiro walked beside Maycee while the other two in the back were arguing about a game.

"Do we have to bring tents?" James asked, turning to Maycee.

"I don't know. I'll ask my dad first then I'll beep you up!"

"Sounds good." James nodded.

Maycee bid goodbye first when their family car was already parked waiting for him when they arrived at the parking lot. Since James and Chester lived a few blocks away from each other, Chester just had to hitch with James and drop him off of their house.

Hiro saw the familliar black Audi parked just a few meters from James car and he quickly walked over it.

"See you Hiro!" Chester called.

"Take care bro." James chorused and both of them climbed inside the car and sped out of school.

Hiro opened the door to the passengers seat and climbed in. Morel gave him a smile before he threw his bag on the back of the car.

"How was your day young master?" Hiro rolled his eyes with a sigh.

"Boring... as usual."

"How come its boring?" Morel asked again as he started to drive the car out of the school premises.

Hiro shrugged. "Same face, same environment, everything's the same. Is there something in there that would make me excited to the level that I would burst out like a happy bubble? Certainly, nothing."

Morel chuckled, his eyes fixed on the road. "Then, maybe you just had to do something to make yourself excited."

Hiro rolled his eyes while he scoffed. "Maybe bombing the school would make me burst in excitement."

In a split second, the whole car exploded into a filth of laughter.

"Young master, I really admire your sense of humor." Morel chuckled.

"Why thank you sire!" Hiro clapped.

Morel and Hiro exchanged a few words for awhile before the car came into a halt as it arrived infront of the mansion. Hiro looked through the heavy tinted glass of the car and saw Darius standing by the front door, ready to greet him. He hesitated for awhile before turning to old Morel.

"Umm... before I go, can I ask you something Morel?"

Morel looked at the beautiful youth on his side, urging him to speak what was on his mind. Hiro looked at him for a few seconds before releasing the breath that he didn't even knew he was holding in.

"Um... you know Maycee Chang right?" Morel nodded. "He kinda invited me to a party on the beach. Do you think Darius would let me go?"

Morel heaved a sigh and smiled at Hiro. His image of being old was instantly replaced with a youthful man, like he didn't even aged afterall. His right hand landed on Hiro's left shoulder as if comforting him.

"Why wouldn't he let you? If you could just ask him about it honestly, I knew he will let you."

--

Hiro got off from the car, dragging with him his bagpack hanging loosely on the right side of his shoulder. When he reached the porch of the mansion, Darius smiled at him and bowed down making him startled for no reason. Darius noticed this reaction but chose not to say anything.

"Welcome home young master." Darius greeted with a monotone voice.

"Ah yeah..." Hiro awkwardly croaked out.

Hiro quickly walked upstairs into his room before Darius could strike up a conversation. He didn't know why he felt annoyed and scared when it comes to Darius. Wish I could strangle him to death!

--

At night, Hiro ate alone as usual in the large dining hall while Darius stood at the back, awaiting for any orders. After that, he quickly went upstairs to his room and locked it. Hiro saw his laptop on the bedside drawer and turned it on then browse his account on facebook. His message icon turned red and he clicked on it. It was a message from Maycee.

Maycee Chang
Active 5 minutes ago

"Just bring clothes with you guys. We'll stay in our family villa!"

Hiro was beaming as he looked at his screen but it quickly faltered as if realizing something.  How I wish Darius would just let me go to this one with no men in black following and eyeing my every move.

Hiro heaved a tired sigh and turned his laptop off and set it aside. He lay down on his bed, clutching his thick blanket over his body. The cold air from the aircondition of his room permitted the air, creating a sleepy spell to emerge. In a split second, he was out in the darkness.

--

Hands.

Warm hands caressed my flesh as if igniting a burning passion that I couldn't ignore. Those hot breath that would whisper into my ears as this person talks. It was seducing me, calling me to surrender and just enjoy the feeling.

"My love, you are the most beautiful thing that I laid my eyes on."

He kept on whispering through my ear. His voice was husky and low. The caresses that he do on my body had set my body ablaze. I could feel his fingertips travelling from all parts of my body.

"I love you..."

Then everything became dark. I opened my eyes again and I was met with tons of people. Faces that I haven't recognized. This old man was speaking, yet no sounds would emit from his mouth. I turned around and saw Darius standing by my side. He looked different and dressed weirdly, I don't know why...

Darius looked at me then smiled. I looked away from him and started to walk into the direction of a cliff. When I looked down, it was already the view of the sea spread out into the horizon. And the sound of bells permitted into the air again.

--

Colors of black and white covered the spacious ground of the school as music boomed at the speakers. The sun was already high up in the air but trees kept them protected from the heat. The students followed the lead dancer on top of the podium with vigor. It was their P.E class.

Hiro stood on the center of ground, exercising diligently while a number of eyes looked at him in admiration. Sweats were already rolling down his face but this person still exudes charm and just shows how handsome/beautiful he is.

On the other crowd, the duo of James and Chester had also caught the eyes of the onlookers. James' tan skin glistened with sweat which made him looked more manly. His red hair was like fire blazing atop his head. Chester whose height stood just at James shoulder looked too cute beyond words. His black hair was swept backwards with a blue hairband, exposing his smooth and pale face. His skin seemed to glow with the help of the sweat.

On the back crowd, stood Maycee. His face was serious that students avoided him during PE. For Maycee, he loved to dance and sing, so he really do takes this class seriously that all of his emotions would hide away. When the class was done, everyone of them crowded the changing room.

"Aww man... I think I just hurt my back from stretching too much!" Chester whined while rubbing his back.

"How come? The only thing we did was to dance! We didn't do any sit ups right?" Maycee asked while wiping the sweats off from his face. 'Since PE was done, his emotions would make a comeback.'

Chester shrugged and continued rubbing his back in a slow manner. The bell for second period had begun ringing which made the lockers explode into rage. Who would loved to go to class when you're tired? Definitely not all of us.

The students started to scramble around as they fasten their pace to fixed themselves while Chester just leisurely sat down on the bench looking at the ceiling. Hiro walked over while wringing a towel on his hand and without a warning, slapped Chester on the back of his head with a towel.

"Aww!"

"Didn't you hear the bell? Get your ass up!" Hiro yelled which made Chester clutched his ear.

"Too loud! Too loud!"

"Heeey! Gotta go we still have class!" Maycee yelled from the door while dragging James who was still tying his shoelaces.

Hiro went to his own direction while the other three headed to their own classes. None of them were in his class for this subject so he had to head there alone. Hiro opened the door to the room and found his fellow students slumped down on their desk. He could even see spirits floating from above their body.

'Eeeehhh... the atmosphere seemed dispirited.'

Just as he managed to sat down on his chair, Mr. Liao entered the room for their history class. His eyes met with Hiro which made Hiro nod as a greeting. Mr. Liao stood in front of the class and opened a book then started discussing about how the world was created, the theories that explains the creation and etc.

Hiro was about to fall asleep when a couple of words passed through his ears like a whisper. The voice was urging him to listen so he quickly looked ahead.

"Do you believe that there exist another world besides ours?" Mr. Liao asked.

Hiro's eyes slowly widened as he looked ahead dumbfounded. Every word that consists that sentence left a deep impression on him but he didn't knew why. His heart was beating fast as his eyes focused on Mr. Liao's mouth speaking.

"Sir! How about you? Do you believe that there exist another world besides ours?"

That loud voice coming from his classmate sitting behind him took Hiro from his dumbfounded state. He blinked for awhile before leaning back on his chair, crossing his arms over his chest and stared at Mr. Liao.

Mr. Liao gave a smile. He seldom gives a smile to his students so this small gesture made the students widened their eyes in disbelief. Our usually stoned face history teacher actually knows how to smile! Can we consider this as a miracle?!

This teacher looked out the window for a longest of time before his eyes landed on Hiro. Hiro was spinning his pen between his fingers when Mr. Liao looked at him which made him dropped his pen to the ground.

"Yes, I believe there is another world besides ours. And its more beautiful than this."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 46.1K 20
Arthur and Freddie have what we'll call an unusual relationship. Half-naked sleepovers, borrowing each-other's boxers, and the occasional unexpected...
349K 17K 58
(Completed MXM) In a kingdom of wolves, a prince dwells with an unappealing attitude and a way of distancing himself from anything that deals with 'l...
3.1K 131 8
Chrollo and Illumi have history. Way back when. Although just when Chrollo thought his life might be calming down a bit, his past comes back to haunt...