Dangerous Diaries

By ShonaShaniece

The Bad Tour(ture) 2: "He told me I'd be dreaming forever. But I was wide awake in the harsh reality that... More

~ Disclaimers ~
My Prelude
Chapter 1 - Illegal
Chapter 2 - Antologia
Chapter 3 - No
Chapter 4 - Poem To A Horse
Chapter 5 - Love Never Felt So Good
Chapter 6 - Your Embrace
Chapter 7 - The One
Chapter 8 - Who Is It?
Chapter 9 - Can't Let Her Get Away
Chapter 10 - Something
Chapter 11 - La Tortura
Chapter 12- Can't Remember To Forget You
Chapter 13 - La Pared
Chapter 14 - En Tus Pupilas
Chapter 16 - That Way
Chapter 17 - What Is This Thing Called Love?
Chapter 18 - Cut Me Deep
Epilogue: The Happily Ever After

Chapter 15 - Animal City

1.4K 85 57
By ShonaShaniece

May 8, 1992

Who would've thought?  A young boy who sits at his family's dinner table is in harm's way.

Ramon Sanchez, an innocent nine year old boy, sat there in a chair while drinking a glass of milk.  No one knows what he was thinking but if one had to guess, most likely the most joyous, childish thoughts any kid imagines.

But before he could taste the last drop, he shook in fear as three bullets were fired behind him.  Quickly, he got up on his two feet but only to fall down to his doom.

His ten year old sister screamed for their mother with fear as she realized something was wrong with her little brother.

Both his mother and father came running into the kitchen but only to find their young boy lying beneath the kitchen window in a pool of blood.

Ramon Sanchez didn't make it.  Martin Luther King Jr. /Drew Medical Center later announced him dead.

This sad story of Ramon losing his life eventually made its way to Michael via the local newspapers.  It was noted more than once that the family wouldn't be able to pay for their child's funeral because of their financial situation.  Without second guessing it, Michael felt it in his heart to help this grieving family.

He called the district attorney and offered to pay in full for the mortuary, funeral, and headstone.  He asked for nothing in return.  He just wanted to help.

But the Sanchez family wanted to show him how truly touched they were by his sudden actions and thank him in person.

May 22, 1992

The family visited Michael in Culver City on the set of his Pepsi commercial.  Through a translator, they exchanged gratitude.  The young boy was a big fan of Michael's according to the parents.

Shakira was scheduled to visit Michael on the set too.  She wasn't aware he would be having special visitors though.  Michael just asked her early that morning to stop by.

When she walked in the room, she introduced herself to the Sanchez family and together they spoke to each other in the Spanish language.

Once Shakira was filled in on the story of their son, she immediately began to well up and show empathy.  "Is there anything I can do for you?" she asked them.

But they then explained how Michael was taking care of their funeral costs.

"Oh, wow!" she said glancing towards Michael.  "Eso es muy afortunado," she said cupping the mourning mother's hand. 

The two parents nodded in agreement to how fortunate they were to have Michael step forward at such a hard time for them.

After a little more talk and a few photos, the family said their last goodbyes to Michael and Shakira.

"That's so sad, man," Shakira said shaking her head.

Michael was silent.  "Come with me for a second."  He led Shakira to his dressing room so they could be alone.

There, he broke down.

His sudden fit of heartbreak didn't shock her one bit.  A child dying in such a tragic way would leave anyone feeling doleful about the situation.  But Michael was more sensitive than others when it came to the children of the world.

His large hands were glued to his face by his tears. Carefully, she backed him up to sit his weakening body into a chair.

She even let out a few tears with him.

There were still more scenes to be shot for the commercial so she tried to bring his spirits back up rather quickly.

"Come on."  She nudged his shoulder to gain eye contact from him.

His wet hands peeled away from his face and he lifted his eyes to meet hers.

"Let's just get through this and then go home together, okay?"

The thought caused a much needed jolt of happiness.  "I really love the sound of that.  You have no idea."  Michael finally stood back up to his feet and immediately grabbed Shakira to hold her in his arms.  "I love you, Button."

"I love you too," she whispered due to his weakening hold.

"Thanks for coming here today.  I knew I would need you around once I heard they were coming.  I just didn't want to give you the heads up.  Sorry," he said with his eyes narrowing of guilt.

"Oh, it's fine.  I have a surprise for you at the house so let's just hurry."

"I probably won't be getting out of here until late."

"I know."

"You don't have to stay, dear," he said with a snicker.

"I want to watch."

Shakira didn't know he had hours on top of hours to go so she ended up leaving before him.

She drove back to Neverland to finish preparing the surprise.  The surprise was something some would call irrational behavior, an act only caused by the damage he'd done to her heart.  But she felt it was right and the only thing she could do to keep her sane and their love secured.

Around 11 p.m., Michael finally made it back home.  As he walked through the main house looking for Shakira, he was startled by a sudden appearance coming from behind him.

"She's outside, Mr. Jackson."

"Oh," he said turning to see Maria.  "You scared me."

"I'm sorry.  But she's waiting for you in the garden in the back of the house." A tricky smirk formed on her face just before she turned to leave.

Michael then remembered Shakira said she had a surprise for him.

Without taking time to change out of his clothes from the set, he made his way out to the Neverland Gardens, looking as if he just stepped out of the Black or White music video with his black jeans and white shirts.

"Oh my God," he whispered to himself as he walked into the beautiful scene his woman had created for him.  There were tea light candles flickering all around, randomly in place and a large white blanket laid across the fresh cut green grass with red rose petals thrown about.

Shakira was sitting behind a grand white piano.  "Hi," she said excited to finally see him.  She jumped out of her seat and ran into his arms.

"Hi.  Is this my surprise?  A date?"

"No, not really.  This is just a small part of it."

"I think the real surprise here is your attire."  He took a step back to look her up and down.

Shakira felt embarrassed.  She hated to dress up.  She hadn't really done so since The Bad Tour.  She vouched to never wear heels on stage again.  That's why she would always perform barefoot.

But tonight, she mustered up the courage to throw on a small tight, red dress and a pair of heels for him.  She hadn't felt that girly since the shooting of her video Illegal.

"I did this all for you," she said dispassionately with a spin.

"Thank you," he said sneaking in a kiss.  "Should I change?"

"No.  You look perfectly handsome...in anything you wear."  She began walking towards the piano.

Michael couldn't stop staring at her legs.  "You should show yourself off more like this."

"It's uncomfortable."  She tucked her straightened, dirty blonde hair behind her ears as the wind began to blow.  Once sitting back in front of the piano, her heart began to pound against her chest.  "I want to sing something for you," she said timidly.

"Okay."  Michael bent down to sit on the back of his legs.  After long seconds of waiting, he noticed how stiff she was in her seat.  "It's just me."

"Just me?" she asked laughing.

"There's no need to be nervous, Button," he said in a nonchalant tone, playing with a few rose petals that laid in front of him.

Him calling her that one special pet name actually made her feel a little more at ease.  At the end of it all, he was still just Michael, her boyfriend, not the incredibly talented entertainer.

The piano keys screamed at her as she stared down at them.  Her trembling fingers was frozen just above them.  She closed her eyes and heard Greg in her mind dictating her.

After a deep breath, she finally opened her eyes and began playing the chords.

Her fingers danced freely across the keys but she played the same line over and over again.  She couldn't bring her voice out.

Michael didn't even notice until she stopped.  "That was beautiful," he said unsure of what just happened.

"I'm sorry.  I'm just really nervous," she said smacking her hands on her head.

He scoffed then laughed.  "Shakira," he said bringing himself to his feet.  He loosened the tight grip the elastic band had on his hair as he made his way over to her.  "What's wrong with you?"

"It's been three years, Michael."

He forced her to scoot over as he invited himself to sit beside her.  "Three years since what?"

"Since we've been this close.  It's hard for me to just pick things up from where they left off."

"Can you not treat me like this right now?"

She began to feel bad for having feelings she couldn't control.  "I'm sorry.  It's just difficult.  You're different...kind of."

"How?"

"Everything.  You look different-"

"You look different too," he retorted.

"I didn't mean it that way," she said, even though she did.  She was still very much attracted to him but sometimes his new look would overwhelm her.  He seemed like a different person at times.  "I'm sorry."

"What exactly are you trying to sing?  One of your new songs?"  He pressed his finger against random keys.

"No.  I wrote this song especially for you for this moment."

"Well, just do it."  He leaned inward to kiss her sweetly on the cheek. "I'm your lover not a judge so there's no need to be nervous," he said walking back over to his blanket.

She began playing the chords again and this time she went through with performance, correctly.

The biggest problem wasn't Michael's new look or the fact that his genius intimidated her, it was what she planned to do once the song was over.

I've got my baggage

And you've got yours...

I know we've been damaged

Been through it all...

And you know that feeling

You get just before a

Beautiful disaster

Right on the top

Looking down from the terrifying

Rolling roller coaster...

Before another word could slip through her lips, she heavily sighed and crashed her elbows into the keys causing an unpleasant sound to erupt from the soundboard.

"What happened?" Michael asked confused.

"I'm so sorry," Maria said causing Michael to jump at the sight of her for the second time that evening.  "I'm so sorry, Ms. Shakira," she said looking at her.

"It's fine," she said with no eye contact.

"Mr. Jackson, its urgent."

"What is it?" he said standing up typically annoyed.

She fanned him to come closer to her mouth.  She whispered in his ear, "Lissy's here and she's causing a scene.  She wants to see you right away."

Michael sighed and looked at Shakira.  "Button, I'm so sorry but-"

"Whatever it may be, it's more important than all of this so just go."

"Okay."  He turned to leave but then realized what she just said.  "Wait, what?" he said turning back around.

She shrugged.

"Nothing is more important than you.  Please, remember that.  I promise I'll be right back but please stay here."

Shakira waited and waited.  She kept wondering what was keeping him.  Michael seemed very adamant though when he told her to stay.

"You couldn't do this tomorrow?" Michael asked Lissy outside of the front door of his home.  "It's almost midnight."

"I've been calling you about the album and you haven't been 'available.'  What the hell is going on with you?"

"I've been busy," he said quickly.

"With what?"

He snickered at her audacity.  "Serious?  With what? Even if I wasn't touring soon, I'd still be busy because I just always am.  I had to shoot a commercial today and-"

"What about yesterday?  And the day before that?  And the day before that?  Huh, my dear husband?"

Michael rolled his eyes.

"I have to get this album done but it's kind of hard to do without my producer around."

"I'll make sure it's right.  Don't worry."

"And you promised me a song.  When are we going to record together?  Michael, I have deadlines to meet," she strained.

"I know, Lissy.  Honestly, I really do apologize for my absence but it doesn't mean this project isn't important to me.  Everything I do I take seriously and especially this because it's for you."  He took hold of her two hands.  "I love you, no matter what. You're still my best friend."

"I know you do but I don't like to be ignored.  I've been calling you like crazy."

"I was going to get in contact with you tomorrow."

"Yeah, right," she said sucking her teeth with a head roll.

"Really, because I remembered I had to walk you down the red carpet this weekend," he said smiling.

The fact that he remembered switched her mood to a more understanding one within seconds.  "I'm happy you haven't forgotten."

"Of course.  I'm really excited to see this movie."

"I think you'll love it," she said smiling wide.  "So, can I just stay the night here?"

Michael sighed and looked around, not knowing what to say.  "Umm..."

"Ummm?"  Lissy began to retreat back to her original attitude.  "Ummm?!" She threw his hands off of hers.

"Relax.  Of course you can stay..."

She tried her hardest to fight the smile that wanted to break free.

"...in the guest house.  It's ready for you."

With her arms folded across her chest, she narrowed her eyes at him and gave him the stare of death.

"What?" he asked laughing.

"Why can't I stay in your room with you?  I've done it plenty of times before."

"Because it's inappropriate."

"Why now all of sudden?"

He didn't know how to tell her without telling her.  And the fact that Shakira was in the back of the house still waiting for him made him more anxious to just get Lissy to leave.

But what he blurted out was the wrong thing to say.  "Because I'm seeing someone."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

116K 2.5K 25
You think he's bad... but he claims to be dangerous. Whatever he said to you, keep it in the closet. Otherwise, all secrets and desires will seep out...
30.4K 1.4K 28
?Bad era? He would ask me everytime the same question.. "have you seen Annie?" "Who is Annie?" I asked the Stranger with the white Fedora and Black...
233K 5.3K 86
✔️COMPLETED✔️ MJFA 2019 WINNER 2018 FINALIST #wattys2019 |#1 in MJFanfiction| |#1 in Moonwalker| |#1 in MichaelJackson| ^^ Highest Ranks^^ This isn't...
200K 7K 79
Michael Jackson and the person he would've deserved. / set in BAD era / / actual events used for reference /