The Queen's Irony

By LionCub101

After their 300-year honeymoon, Zeus showed his true colors when he cheated on Hera with the beautiful Leto... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28

9

301 9 0
By LionCub101

Hera had left to Russia again. She walked through the crowds deep in thought.

That's what she gets for finally pressing the little slut.

Hera had been humiliated. She had given the little vex what she rightfully deserved. Who was she to push her around? And so Hera returned the favor. She wasn't about it to take such disrespect from a lowly mortal.

Then word reached Zeus.

Everything went downhill from there.

Hera held her sweater tighter, its hoodie covering her face. It was January 2nd, 2001. It was -3°C (Or 26°F) and she had overestimated how much she could withstand the cold.

She rubbed her nose on her sleeve and sniffed, a new stream of ichor lined the part where she had wiped it. She never realized how much her family hated her until yesterday when Zeus beat her in front of the council. They didn't interfere. They simply stared on. She wasn't sure whether it was out of shock or satisfaction but it hurt all the same.

Eventually, her stroll led her to the icy waters Russia had to offer. She sat at the shoreline and looked at her reflection. She didn't recognize herself. Her left eye was black and blue; she looked like she had fallen down a hill of trees due to the marks left on her face, and her lip was swollen and bloody. She wasn't something you'd imagine the queen of the gods to look like.

Sometimes she was just too prideful.

"I hate New Years," she said.

She and Adiya had been having another morning stroll. They were usually seen around each other, and their wrangles had become so rare it was hard to believe that they could just barely tolerate the other's presence.

They sauntered throughout the garden, talking about mortal politics. 

Hera never understood why the president of the United States didn't just turn its republic into a monarchy, and Adiya had been explaining why.

"You see, there was a time, when the nation had been first established, that the idea was suggested but George Washington rejected it. Besides, if the US were to do that we'd have to dismantle the Constitution. If we do this then the United States ceases to exist by definition."

Hera thought about it. It was sort of like the Greek Pantheon. She remembered once that Zeus had considered to make the polytheistic pantheon into a monotheistic one. Many of the gods had begun to fade, including Helios and Selene, the titans of the sun and moon. They had handed the reigns over to Apollo and Artemis before they disappeared. When Athena began to fade Zeus turned back on his decision and stopped any further damage to the pantheon. If the US did the same, discarding its Congress, the US would fall. After all, it was a powerful country with equally powerful influence.

Hera nodded understanding,"Why can't anyone be president then if monarchy isn't involved?"

"You have to be at least 35 years of age and a legal citizen. Besides, most of the politicians elected have usually been well educated and rich."

Hera couldn't agree. She looked back remembering the different presidents that had taken office. Abraham Lincoln, Ulysses Grant, and Harry Truman we're worth less than $1 million dollars, making them the poorest presidents to grace the United States. George Washington didn't go to college, neither did Abraham Lincoln, or Harry Truman. She remembered the recent US election. George Bush had won, he was okay? According to Athena, he wasn't a straight A student. More like a C student. She didn't know what that meant, but Athena found it distasteful so it probably wasn't too good. Then again, she found half everything in the 21st century distasteful so it probably didn't mean anything. But, what about women? She'd heard of at least eight women who had tried to run, one of them being a child of Zeus, but lost. Maybe bad luck? She was so caught up in her thoughts she forgot to make the usual turn and led Adiya to a part of the garden she had never allowed her to see.

Adiya noticed this. She was beginning to turn them away, but before they could the sound of a waterfall caught her attention. She couldn't help herself, curiosity had gotten the best of her. She had looked up at Hera and noticed the lost gaze she held, and took advantage walking ahead of her. Too late the goddess realized where they were and reached out to grab the mortal but she had just made herself out of reach. Adiya made it to the center of this forbidden garden and took in her surroundings. It looked nothing like the first part of the garden. Unlike the first part here it was a place grown wild with brambles, weeds and huge nettles everywhere, and tangles of bindweed clinging to the tree trunks. The still blossoming flowers hung from branches and vines, covering the once clear dirt path. Two overgrown willow trees swayed and rustled with the tall grass in the light, winter breeze as if mortified by the withered branches that dangled alongside their trunks. In the center of it all was a plunge pool where the waterfall that had originally caught the mortal's attention emptied into. The scene held a kind of heavenly light as if a new world had just opened up to the two women.

Adiya looked back at Hera. Her eyes twinkling with delight, "Where are we?"

Hera brushed a hand on one of the trees which shuddered in response and hung over her as if shielding her from danger. She gingerly walked around the old wooden swing hanging from the branches, "We're still in my garden."

"But- this isn't anything like-"

"That's because I closed this part off. I abandoned it," Hera began to turn away from the garden.

"But, look at it. It's still lively. It's growing. Hera, why would you abandon such a beautiful-"

"That's enough, you little vex," Hera hissed. "I don't need to explain my motives to you. Let's go."

Adiya ignored her order. She walked toward the waterfall and Hera growled storming after her. Adiya saw her coming, but she needed to see the garden. All of it. She waded into the pool, hoping to get away.

"Listen here, girl. Disobey one more time and there will be consequences. Let's. Go."

Adiya turned away from the goddess and made her way into the waterfall, she was expecting to be greeted by a wall and instead found herself walking into a large bedchamber. There was a dusty old bed draped elegantly with a canopy. There were armchairs strewn about and a chest of drawers stood shyly in a corner of the room. A wardrobe hid behind the bed against the wall. Like the bed everything in the chamber was coated in dust and cobwebs. There's was a musty smell, almost humid. Adiya felt lightheaded. She felt like she walked in on something she shouldn't have. She could hear Hera calling her. The sky thundered but she had to see more.

Adiya had walked over to the wardrobe and opened it. Inside were yellowing togas and worn out clothes. Finally she pulled out something that caught her attention, an old wedding dress. Flowers lined its hem and a delicate sun outlined the flowers. The veil was made of white cherry blossoms. It was soft, like rose petals and it looked brand new with few signs of old age.

"You little fucker, how dare you-"

"What is this place, Hera?" Adiya turned toward the goddess as if offended for not being a part of an inside joke.

Hera looked at her with hellish eyes,"It is none of your concern."

"Hera, we've lived together for six years. You know I will find out sooner or later from someone else, might as well be from your own mouth."

Hera huffed. This bitch was ordering her? Exactly what made this mortal believe that she could step all over a goddess. The queen of the gods.

"Six years we've shared the same roof. You know damn well you're not allowed to talk to me in such a way, whore."

Adiya's eyes flashed at the mention of the name,"Hera, I will ask Zeus."

Hera stopped talking. She stared at Adiya in surprise. She had been getting ballsy with Hera lately. This didn't sit too well with her obviously but the goddess found herself looking around the chamber. If Zeus found out this was still here...she turned back to the mortal and looked her in the eye. She wasn't about to bend over and let Adiya screw her. Six years and this girl was beginning to think that they were equal to each other.

Hera eyed the girl curiously. She looked back to the rickety, old bed an idea forming in her mind.

"Hera, tell me-"

"Tell me about your family. Your parents." This time it was Adiya's turn to be shocked. Hera smirked,"If you don't tell. I won't."

Adiya looked around the room. Anywhere that wasn't Hera. She contemplated it. Was it worth it? Her parents weren't something she was proud of. Her father was okay, but her mother was just another creature entirely. Gods...she hated her mother. She looked up at Hera's smug face and she a sense of rage boil inside her that shown in her eyes. She shoved the dress into Hera's arms and walked off. Hera smiled after her. She didn't know everything about Adiya's past.

But she knew enough.

Of course, however, Adoya was found crying in her bedroom that night. Apparently Hera had resurfaced some old memories that had been suppressed. Zeus was notified that Hera had stepped on a nerve and he beat the ever living shit out of her.

Hera rubbed her bloody nose on her stained sleeve again. Why was it different when Adiya's the one with a stuck nerve. Adiya always had the same effect on her. She was doing that very thing right now.

Hera continued to wander remembering who she was. She wasn't weak then. No. She was feared. She was powerful. More than she could ever want. Hermes and Poseidon had followed her lead, but she was the most powerful of the three.

The salty sea spray in her face. The wind in her ears. The motion of the boat. The plundering. The raves. The fights. The battles. Her crew. Her ship. Her treasure. Her freedom. Damn, she missed those days.

She was called a sea demon. A siren and she loved it. She was the most wanted woman in the sea and on land. The English Empire wanted her head. She was raucous and vicious. That Hera wouldn't have taken any of Adiya's or Zeus' shit. She would've beat Zeus into his own grave and ripped the little whore's hair a long time ago.

She wasn't afraid of anything.

Then she started thinking of who she was before those sea sailing days. She was a young girl. About 14 and pregnant with her first children. Twins. She had lost the love of her life because Zeus decided to take her for himself a week before her wedding. But this didn't hold her back. She was on the line of duty. A spy on a rescue mission.

They hadn't seen Hestia for seven years. She had sacrificed herself so they'd make it out in time with Zeus. It was about time they'd be reunited again. She listened in on battle plans and gained trust from the titans. She'd give Helios the information and he'd pass it on to Zeus.

When the day came, Helios and Selene caused an eclipse. The signal to attack Mount Orthys with everything they had and get Hestia back once and for all.

That Hera was impetuous but brave. Zeus had taken her freedom but not her spirit. She would've had a good insult or two to throw at Adiya. Taken the beating and then spit in Zeus' face just to challenge him.

Then she went farther back. A few months. Not too far. Selene was damn beautiful and her best friend. What angered Hera was just how much Adiya resembled Selene. They were both kind and promiscuous. And Hera had to share the love of her life with both women. She had to share Zeus with and Adiya, and she had to share Helios with his sister.

Helios loved Selene more than anything. He would've died for her. And when Hera came into the picture he finally had two things worth fighting for.

Hera looked up at the sky towards the glimmering​ sun. He was humble. Honest. His hair resembling the sun's golden fire and his eyes as blue as the sky he rode upon. She hugged her knees bringing them close to her chest.

Helios wasn't arrogant. He never held her as a price and he was so patient. He gave her life. He showed Hera that life outside her father's stomach had meaning to it.

That Hera was optimistic. From the moment she met Helios when she was eight to the moment she became pregnant with Eris and Ares, nothing could weigh her down. She'd see Adiya as an obstacle she could push through and tough her way through the beatings. She'd be able to say tomorrow is a new day without the feeling of wanting to die.

She wasn't Hera anymore. She was no longer youthful, optimistic Hera. Or just, brave Hera. She wasn't the feared pirate of the seven seas anymore.

She was just Hera.

She was a simple wife that was being pushed into second place by a sex slave.

Hera held back her tears. She wasn't going to cry. If she cried that'd mean that they won. She wasn't going to give them the satisfaction of winning.

She would never give them that satisfaction no matter how beat up she was.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 65 11
AU: What happens when Laxus (Zeus) bumps into an interesting woman in a cafe? What if she is related to the secret that Levy (Persephone) and Bickslo...
3.6K 86 17
Hera. Goddess of marriage. Famous for her husband's affairs. Hera has not left Mount Olympus in years. She sits alone, waiting for tomorrow. But the...
27K 377 10
"Hera, can we please talk about this?" Zeus pleaded. "No. I HATE YOU, ZEUS!" Hera's words dripped with a potent mix of anger and hurt. ... Hera had g...
53.8K 580 10
The Giant War is over, during the celebrations, Percy finds Annabeth cheating on him. Minutes later, he manages to secure for himself a date with the...