Demented

By newwone

"Oh my god!!!" I screamed as I pulled at my hair. My eyes were red and my tan face was now pale. "What's the... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38

Chapter 16

375 20 2
By newwone

Helloooo everyone! Here is a long chapter! I couldn't decide on where to end it so it just kept going on, haha. Anyways! Comment on what you all think of the story so far and don't forget to vote! Thanks for reading! Enjoy~

I woke up in the middle of the night

due to thirst. I got out of bed and walked down the hallway to go downstairs. "Adam, what are you doing awake?" I ask as I rub my eyes. My brother was in the kitchen as well.

"Couldn't sleep." He replied. He was wearing navy, plaid pajama pants and no shirt, of course. "What about you?" He added. "I was thirsty, my throat felt really dry." I say as I take a bottle of water out of the fridge. "Hey, so what really happened?" He suddenly asked.

I looked to him, his hair was all messy and his eyes looked tired. "With what?" I took a sip of my water. "The doll. Why were you and that kid sitting in the front lawn?"

"Oh so now you wanna pay attention." I joked. "Well I came home to wait for Gabriel to arrive, and he was taking so long so I decided to watch t.v." I started explaining.

"...And?" He urged, so impatient. Gosh. "Well that's when it started." I sighed, starting to recall everything that happened.

"The doll was not on the couch, Adam. It showed up on the t.v screen and then

the power went off and I couldn't see anything." I said as he actually listened this time. "Oh hell." He took a deep breath. "I was trying to get the heck out of the house but it was a pain to do so because it was so dark and I was panicking."

"Jay, I am-" He started. "But Adam that's not even what frightened me the most." I continued. I at least wanted to finish explaining before he could jump to conclusions. "I heard it breathing. It was loud this time and it sounded raspy, kind of like a wheeze." I explained.

I finished telling him what happened when Gabe was here and he just stood there, lost in thought. "Say something, Adam." I urged.

"We need a plan." He replies.

My eyes lit up at his words. "I couldn't agree more." "This has got to stop. I haven't seen anything yet, but if this has already happened a couple of times to you, who knows what that doll will do next?" He said. I nodded my head in agreement.

"What should we do?" I asked as I took another sip of my water. Adam ran his hand through his messy hair and looked around the house. "We could set up video cameras and see what this thing is doing whenever we aren't home." He exclaims.

"Why can't we just go throw it at the dump?" I questioned, looking around the house as well. "Because." He began. "That's Grace's doll, she freaking loves that thing. If we suddenly got rid of it, mom and dad would suspect it and we wouldn't hear the end of it."

That's true. Grace would be devastated if she found out her beloved 'Alice' was gone. "And it's not like we can really just come out and tell mom and dad that the doll has been doing all this." Adam stated. "Mom wouldn't even listen to you when you tried to tell her last time." He added.

"Yeah, well at least you believe me." I said. "Exactly. I'm sure mom and dad would believe you too, if we just had proof." He said as he grabbed a pen and piece of notebook paper out from a cabinet.

"What are you doing?" I sat at the table across from him. "Writing out where we can put the video cameras." He answered. "Aren't mom and dad going to wonder why there are cameras everywhere?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I'll just tell them we should have them for security reasons. They won't question it." He smirked. "Oh yeah cause they will totally buy that"." I laughed. "They will, you watch tomorrow morning." He replied, all confident.

"Okay, and what happens if we find something on the doll?" I asked. "Then we can show it to the parents, and then we can get rid of the doll and then no more problems." He simply states with a smug look on his face. "Plus, I wan't to see for myself what the hell that thing has really been doing."

"I thought you believed me?" I stood up abruptly from the table. "I do!" He fired back. "All I said was that I wanted to see for myself too." He stood up as well, the paper in his hand.

"Oh, sorry." I awkwardly mumbled. "Let's just go back to sleep, Jay. We can talk about this later." He sighed. "Alright." I replied and walked up to my room, ready to fall back to sleep.

----

I woke up, ready to start the new day. I hurried and dressed in a yellow sun dress and nude wedges. I braided my blonde hair to the side and applied my usual makeup. I made my way to my brother's room. "Adam!" I nearly shouted.

He was lying face down in bed with his arm stretched out across the covers. "Wake up!" I said as I sat on top of his back. He picked his head up slowly. "What time is it?" He groggily asked.

"Time for you to get up." I crossed my arms and sat with my legs Indian style. "No, go away." He said and slapped his face back against his pillow. Lazy, I swear. "Alright, I guess Tiffany and I will just go to school already then." I lied. "C'mon Tiff-Tiff!" I shouted and jumped off of Adam's back.

"Tiffany is here?!" Adam picked up his head again. I smirked. "Yeah, shes downstairs, waiting for you to get up so we can leave."

My brother immediately jumps out of bed and runs to his closet. I knew it would work. He is so gullible. I try to hold in my laugh and quickly make my way downstairs.

I see Grace sitting at the dining table eating Frosted Flakes. She is wearing a yellow dress as well and her hair is down in little curls. "Hey, sis." I greet and sit next to her. "Hi, Jay." She replies with a mouth full of cereal. It looks like she has little chipmunk cheeks.

"Were matching." I point to her dress and she looks at mine, instantly smiling. "Alice is matching too." She blurts out and points under the table.

My smile fades, I am afraid to look under the table.

"Oh...cool." Is all I say and fake a smile, trying not to show how nervous I am. "Look!" She urges and picks up the tablecloth, revealing the dreadful thing.

The doll is sitting down under our dining table in a yellow sundress. I slowly glance at it for Grace's sake until I see something strange.

It's eyes started blinking..

I look back up to Grace who is no longer paying attention and is finishing up her breakfast. I look back down under the table to the creature.

I stare at the thing, it looks lifeless once again. Maybe I am just seeing things? Afterall it is early in the morning. I continue to look at it and nothing happens. Whatever, maybe my mind is playing tricks on me.

"I'm done!" Adam shouts and runs down the stairs, he is wearing a yellow polo and black jeans. "Ah no!" He glares at me from the last step. "I was wearing yellow first!" I comment.

"Go change." He remarks, he hates when we match. Whenever we were younger, our parents would always make us wear matching colors since were twins. "And wheres Tiffany?" He asks and looks around the house. "She's not here, I lied." I smirk and open the fridge, grabbing a fruit parfait.

He gasps and narrows his eyebrows. "I rushed for nothing?" He complains. "Ah quit your whining!" I groan, he is so annoying sometimes. "I needed you to come with me to get breakfast for student council anyways." I add.

"Since i'm up and dressed, might as well!" He throws his hands up in the air. "Glad were on the same page." I say and grab my keys.

"Are you going to change or am I?" He asks as he grabs his athletic bag. "I like my outfit so, you change." I casually reply. He shakes his head and rushes upstairs to change.

A few seconds pass by and he comes back downstairs with a green shirt this time. That was fast. "Bye Grace." Adam and I both say and walk out to our cars. Our mom was taking a shower so we didn't get to see her in the morning and say bye.

---

We finally retrieve the usual breakfast food for the meeting and rush to the student council room. Adam and I greet everyone as we walk in. I put all my books and stuff down on the table and sit in the large chair.

"You wan't me to pass out the food?" Mckayla asks. Her dark hair is in loose curls and she is wearing a yellow blouse. What the heck. I guess it's wear yellow day today or what?

"Yeah, that would be awesome, thanks." I smile and take out the attendence folder. We only have a couple of members in the student council so I don't know why on Earth Mr. Hayes requires us to take attendence.

I grab my pen and start to check off everyone's names as I look around the room. I notice everyone is present, except one person. Gabe, of course.

Mr. Hayes' secretary had printed out an updated list of all our members, now including Gabriel. My eyes scanned the name next to it.

Swintek.

Gabriel Swintek? I had never heard a name like that before. It sounded so unique. Of course I would never admit that to him.

The meeting went by smoothly and the morning bell had began to ring. Everyone began to leave the room to head to class. "You coming?" Adam asked, Tiffany was standing close to him. Lovebirds, I swear.

"I'll catch up later. I just need to finish packing up my stuff. Go on without me." I called out as I neatly arranged my books and papers.

"Alright." He replied and walked out with Tiffany. "I'll see you after class boo." Tiff said and quickly hugged me.

I quickly finished packing my stuff afterwards and turned off the lights to the room. I turned around after I finished locking the door and bumped into someone. "How long are you going to keep bumping into me?" I heard a familiar voice say in an aggravated tone.

Ugh. Not again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

The Torment By Ray

Mystery / Thriller

103 12 10
December twentieth is the day I remember being brought into the asylum for the first time. Like any typical psychopath, I screamed. I cried. I reme...
Monique By Victoria

Teen Fiction

217K 11.5K 29
He runs his fingers through her hair and tugs on it. "You're my doll," he says as he breathes her in. "You need me. You're mine to play with. Yo...
Insanity By Elise Fosmark

Mystery / Thriller

7.5K 285 41
"Oh, my God." I look up from my hands, the blade wet with red liquid. "Hi", I say cheerily, giving him a wave, laughing as more drips onto my lap. I...
2.4M 125K 78
He slowly backs up until his back is against the wall like my own, "You're..my neighbor?" He points to my door and I nod my head quickly. He hums sof...