In This Together ▷ Stilinski

By simplystiles-

[ BOOK TWO ] ❝ fear is a proof of the degeneracy of the mind. ❞ Kasey McCall has been through more than enoug... More

In This Together
Chapter 1. Stealing Kisses and Weird Animal Behavior
Chapter 2. Here We Go Again
Chapter 3. Totally Jealous
Chapter 4. A Total Disaster
Chapter 5. Hot Mess
Chapter 6. Finally Connected
Chapter 7. Morning Argument
Chapter 8. The Darach
Chapter 9. Not an Average Bus Stop
Chapter 10. Keep It Together Jared
Chapter 11. Glen Capri And A Room For Three
Chapter 12. Gasoline, Road Flares, and Purple Dust
Chapter 13. A Connection and Kidnapping
Chapter 14. Climactic Moments
Chapter 15. Hallucinations
Chapter 16. Scott The Bulldog
Chapter 17. Kasey's Adventures!
Chapter 18. My Psychotic English Teacher
Chapter 19. Whirlwind of Events
Chapter 20. Gone
Chapter 21. Holding Your Breath
Chapter 22. Letting Go
Chapter 23. Sixteen Hours
Chapter 24. Heart's of Darkness
Chapter 25. Nightmares or Reality?
Chapter 26. Finding an Anchor
Chapter 27. The Werecoyote
Chapter 28. Who Needs Instructions?
Chapter 29. Feisty Kasey and a Fire Alarm
Chapter 30. Falling into Place
Chapter 31. Trying To Connect The Dots
Chapter 33. The Diagnosis
Chapter 34. The Oni
Chapter 35. Cold Case
Chapter 36. Already Taken
Chapter 37. The Nogitsune
Chapter 38. Fooled
Chapter 39. Echo House
Chapter 40. Trepanation
Chapter 41. Using the Word Werewolf in Public
Chapter 42. Outfoxing the Fox
Chapter 43. De-Void
Chapter 44. Myriad of Pain
Chapter 45. Insatiable
Chapter 46. Shattered
Chapter 47. Glass Box
Chapter 48. The Divine Move

Chapter 32. Blacklight and Blackout

52.2K 1.5K 1.4K
By simplystiles-

I dropped my phone onto Stiles' bed and paced around in front of his wall, letting my eyes scan over the information once more. There is a connection. There has to be a freaking connection. That's one thing that I know is true, my ability always has a reason for putting me through things, and the sleepwalking and dreams have to point to something... I just can't figure out what it could be. 

The fact that Stiles' comforter and sheets are both tousled on the bed is distracting me. I can't stop thinking about the intimate moments we shared. I need to focus but I can't. For some god damn reason I can't stop thinking about Stiles, which isn't too eccentric considering he is my boyfriend and I love him, but lately that's all I'm thinking about. I'm even dreaming about him, but not in the way that I want... Instead I'm dreaming about him with blood smeared on his hands and his mouth and he is always taunting me and pushing me to the the edge and I can't figure out for the life of me what that means.

I spun around on my heel and ran my hand through my hair in frustration. I hate not knowing what the hell is going on, especially when it's putting the people I care about at risk. It's not like I'm the only one being affected here, Scott and Stiles are going through some of the same stuff right now and if I could just figure out what my ability is trying to tell me then maybe I could help them. 

Stiles' bedroom door squeaked open and I froze in place as Stiles walked inside. He was holding his phone to his ear, talking to someone-- my money was on Scott, and he didn't seem to notice me as he went straight to his dresser, pulling the drawer open and snatching a shirt out. 

"Yeah, I got it. I'm gonna call-- oh my God!" He shrieked as he finally realized I was in his room. He dropped his phone to the floor, along with the shirt, and pulled his hands over his now racing heart. 

I let out a breath and offered a faint smile, "Surprise?"

Stiles was breathing erratically as he snatched up his phone and said good-bye to whomever he was speaking to. He then gave me his full attention, "Not that I don't love the idea of you in my bedroom, but what the hell are you doing in here?"

To lie or not to lie?

I bit down on my lip and tried to think of something to say that wouldn't technically be lying but also wouldn't give away everything that I wasn't ready for him to hear yet. These were the moments that I dreaded more than anything. These were the moments that were starting to deteriorate my relationships with everyone. 

He picked up on my hesitation and sighed, "What happened? Are you okay?" 

"As far as I know, yeah." I chose to respond to his second question rather than the first. It was easier that way. It's easier to just avoid things rather than facing them. 

Stiles, once again, picked up on my avoidance of the topic as to why I am in his bedroom. I should just lie and say that I missed him and I wanted to be with him. I should just kiss him and hold him and try to relive that perfect moment we had when the world wasn't trying to tear us down.  He took a step forwards and grabbed at my hands, "Kasey, I know you're scared but you have to trust me." 

"I do... Trust you, I mean. There's just a lot of stuff in my head that doesn't make sense right now, Stiles. I'm not trying to shut you out, I swear." I sighed, letting my eyes fall to the floor. This conversation was bound to happen eventually. I was just kind-of hoping I would have some sort of handle on the situation when it did, that way I knew what to say and how to say it.

Silence filled the room and it made me sick to my stomach. He's waiting for me to start attempting to explain what's going on in my head that I'm so confused about. He's waiting for me to open up and let him in. That stupid voice in the back of my head is telling me to bite my tongue and keep my mouth shut because I can't tell him, and it's freaking me out because Stiles is the one person that I always tell everything too. 

I blinked once as I decided that lying was probably my best option at this point. Why else would part of me be coaching myself to keep Stiles in the dark about all of this? My ability works in strange ways, and this has to be a part of it. I have to believe that, for my own sanity.

"I've been thinking about us, a lot lately. About a future and a family and--and it's freaking me out because what if one of us doesn't make--doesn't make it--" I didn't realize how badly I had been waiting for an excuse to cry, because I'm choking and sobbing and collapsing into Stiles' embrace now. 

I guess he's used to my breakdowns at this point because he knows exactly how to hold me and console me to calm me down. It's kind of pathetic in a way, but I'm not going to pretend to not be thankful that he knows what to do. I have a nagging feeling that the reason that my ability isn't warning me about Stiles to keep him out of danger... I think it's warning me about Stiles because he is the danger. 

With him holding me and kissing my forehead and running his hands up and down my back like this I can't imagine him doing anything remotely dangerous. This is Stiles we're talking about, the goofy sarcastic and ADHD suffering boy that loves me and does whatever he can to make me laugh when I'm having a bad or holds my hand whenever I'm nervous or buys my a necklace to try and help me fight through my anxiety. There isn't anything remotely dangerous or evil about him, but I can't shake this feeling. The scary part is that my feelings are usually right.

"We're going to be fine, Kasey. We always are, right? Do you remember what I told you when Peter bit you and you woke up? The night of the winter formal?" His voice was so soft and silky and it was making my heart melt. God, I love him so much.

I sniffled and wiped at my eyes but nodded nonetheless, "Yeah. You told me that you loved me."

He grinned and shook his head from side to side, "Well, I mean I did... but that's not what I'm talking about. I made you a promise that I would never let you get hurt like that ever again. I think I've done a pretty good job so far, right? So just trust me when I say that I would rather die than let anything happen to you. You're safe with me, safer than you'll ever be with anyone else because there isn't a single person on this planet that loves you more than I do, right?" 

I wasn't exactly speechless, because I had so many things that I wanted to say back to him. I wanted to tell him that I love him with as much passion as he loves me, but I couldn't find a way to word it without stumbling around and making myself sound illiterate. 

"Stiles, I'm more worried about you--"

He then pulled one of his famous "moves" and pressed his lips to mine to shut me up. Usually I wouldn't care because kissing him is my favorite thing in the world to do, but he needs to hear this. He needs to know that I'm worried and concerned and maybe he'll take a hint that something is up and he needs to be careful. 

My hands grabbed at his shirt and I gently pushed him off, "Stiles--" he kissed me again, with more force this time. He was slowly breaking down my walls, and he knew exactly what he was doing too. He was an expert in the field of Kasey Anne McCall and he knew it too. 

Once again I pushed him back, "You need to listen--" 

He kissed me again. This time pushed my body against onto his bed, my back laid flat as he climbed on top of me. That was the final hit and my walls were crumbling down as my hands wove around the back of his neck, tugging him closer. This was so unhealthy yet healthy at the same time. This was wrong but it felt so incredibly right that I didn't give a shit about the fact that I was only prolonging the inevitable conversation about him being dangerous to not only myself but to others as well. 

There was a small part inside my head that was screaming at me to push him off and leave, she was quickly slapped in the face and locked in a closet though, because a larger part was telling me that I needed him right now. I didn't want to want him this badly, I keep relating my relationship to him to an addiction and I don't think it's healthy. He's the only thing that I need. There has to be something wrong with that. 

"Don't over think this," He mumbled against my lips. He knows me so well, it's kind of scary and I wish he would just do something to make me hate him so I could storm out of here and get my thoughts together. I need a clear head right now, but whenever I'm with Stiles he just clouds me up and I can't think about anything except him. 

Moments later he pulled back and smiled faintly, "Feeling any better? Because I do." 

"Tempting with sex seems to help. Let's do it again real quick, maybe that will fix me up." I snorted as he buried his face in the crook of my neck, kissing the skin and then nipping at it with his teeth. 

"Believe me, I'd love to but we have a party to get to and once I get a hold of you sweetheart you're not going anywhere for awhile." He smirked, and I gently smacked at his shoulder. 

I quirked an eyebrow, "Have you been reading 50 Shades of Grey?"

"Maybe," He laughed before sliding off of me. He then re-buttoned his pants that I apparently had decided to undo... I don't remember doing that. "By next month I'll be the sex King baby."

"Oh my God."

☾  ☾   ☽  ☽

"This key just got there this morning, like it just appeared on my key ring. I asked my dad but he's never seen it before." Stiles yelled to my brother and I over the thumping of the bass in Derek's loft. 

Apparently that's where the party is being thrown. I would like to say that I feel bad for Derek, but I don't.

Scott glanced at Stiles in confusion, "So you want to leave so we can figure it out?"

"Uh..." Stiles contemplated whether or not to leave the party. He really wanted to know about the key's origin. He discussed it on the drive over here, and he even showed it to me. I don't recognize it, at first I thought maybe it was the key to my house because it looked familiar but when I compared it to mine it didn't match.

I spun around to assess the party, but all too quickly a pair of lips met my own. My eyes were wide as this girl with a neon orange wig grabbed at my face and stuck her tongue in my mouth. What the hell?

"Okay, hey! She has a boyfriend!" Stiles shouted as he jerked my arm back, causing our lips to pull apart. 

The girl who I then recognized to be Caitlin, smiled at us both, acting as if kissing me was a normal way to greet someone. "Happy Halloween," She grinned before disappearing into the crowd.

Scott and Kira were trying to contain their laughter as I wiped my hand over my mouth, I then attempted to get the neon pink lipstick off of my hand. Stiles then glanced at Scott, "It can wait." 

My boyfriend then tugged my hand and pulled me into the crowd, leaving Scott and Kira behind. I laughed the entire way before he spun me around and pulled my body tightly against his. His teeth were shining extremely bright due to the black lights and they were sort of blinding me. 

"You know, if I can't kiss other girls that kind of means that you can't kiss other girls too." He stated as I put my arms around the back of his neck, his hands were now gripping my waist. The music was shaking the floor and my insides were buzzing with the opportunities that were laid in front of Stiles and myself in this very moment. 

I smirked, "What can I say? I'm attractive to girls."

"You're attractive alright--" His witty retort was cut short as I pressed my lips to his feverishly. His kiss was better than Caitlin's, much much better. He knew how to kiss me and how to hold me and how to make me feel like a live wire of electricity. The last time we were at a rave we didn't do much dancing, this time... this time was going to be different. 

His lips were moving insanely fast and his grip on my waist slid around to my lower back, he then mumbled something but I couldn't understand him. My ears were too busy trying to absorb the intense rush that the shaking of the bass was giving me. "Jump," Stiles breathed out as his lips briefly parted from my own. I smirked as I did as I was instructed and then wrapping my legs around his waist as he carried me away from the dance floor and over to the stairs case. 

He sat me down and leaned over top of me and he assaulted my face with kisses, I couldn't stop giggling like a toddler. His hands were roaming all over my body and I instantly regretted not stopping at my house and getting that lime green bandeau that I could have worn. His hands felt so much better on my bare skin rather than over my shirt. 

What is happening to us? Why are we all of a sudden so sex-crazed? 

A sudden rush of pain ran through my head and I shoved Stiles off of me as I pulled my hands up to my head. What the hell? Where's Lydia? 

Stiles' was watching me in confusion as I pushed myself off of the stairs, where the hell is Lydia? Something is wrong with Lydia, extremely wrong. "Kasey? Hey, come here, come back here what's wrong?" Stiles asked as he tugged me away from the crowd.

I blinked rapidly as I grabbed a hold of his shirt, "Where's Lydia?"

"What?"

"Babe, I'll be right back, I swear, just stay right here, okay? I just need to talk to Lydia." I rushed out as I pushed away from him and stumbled through the crowd. I was stumbling all over the place as I shoved people out of the way.

Someone bumped right into me and I almost started cussing them out because they almost knocked me to the floor, but they grabbed a hold of my shoulders. I glanced up to see Aiden, well I assumed it was Aiden, it was one of the twins. 

"Have you seen Lydia?" I asked him. I don't care if it's Ethan or not. At this point I just need to find her because something is extremely wrong. 

He glanced at me in confusion, "No. Her and Ethan are both missing. What's wrong?" 

Okay, so it was Aiden. I was right. Awesome.

"I don't know how to explain my ability in like thirty seconds or less, but basically I just know something's wrong with her and I need to find her." I muttered as I started to walk away from him and his abs and his green neon paint. Much to my dismay, he followed me. 

Of all the times for him to be following me, it would be now. When I can't see or hear anything other than the ringing in my ears and my head is pounding and my chest is burning and I just need to find Lydia before something bad happens. I need to find her. 

My prayers were answered as she stumbled right in front of Aidan and myself. As soon as I grabbed a hold of her arm, something surged through me and everything went dark. I vaguely registered Aidan's command to get up, but I couldn't. I was sucked into darkness, only seeing two glowing yellow lights.

___________________________________________________________________

Hello Wolfpack. How are you guys? I've been so insanely busy, but finally I have free time to do whatever I want when I'm not working because I am officially graduated! It was such a fun night and I am so proud of myself for making it through. School isn't for everybody, and I'm definitely one of those people. So, with that being said I'll have more time to update now. Yay.

Also, in regards to Amanda's accounts... I have posted messages on my board about it but I'll also fill you in here. She has family things that she needs to work on right now and that's going to be her main focus for awhile. She plans on coming back eventually, but she may have to wait awhile. 

So, thank you for all of the support you are all giving about this. It's really amazing.

Be sure to fan, vote, and comment! xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

262K 6.3K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
19.3K 722 30
The title pretty much gives it away on his the books going to go. I mean we all know Max had had her fair share of affairs. But maybe a particular Ra...
510K 14.4K 16
❝ᴡᴏᴀʜ- ɢᴏᴛᴄʜᴀ!❞ --- • Acatalepsy • The impossibility of comprehending the universe. --- "Don't worry, I haven't quite gotten the hang of it yet eithe...
447K 12.2K 37
❝control is overrated.❞ - stiles stilkinski The she-wolf who killed her best friend's sister and was abandoned by her pack, family, for doing so. Ye...