My Brothers Keeper

By glogangright

A girl by the name of Bianca Joseph, nickname JoJo for short now lives with her brother. All she cares about... More

Introโ€ผ๏ธ
Be Niceโ€ผ๏ธ
Party Nightโ€ผ๏ธ
I'll Change Your Lifeโ€ผ๏ธ
New Studentโ€ผ๏ธ
Read This
A Day In Schoolโ€ผ๏ธ
Responsibility Of Gangโ€ผ๏ธ
Father Son Chatโ€ผ๏ธ
A Day with Dae Daeโ€ผ๏ธ
Awkwardโ€ผ๏ธ
The Truthโ€ผ๏ธ
Stay With Meโ€ผ๏ธ
This Means Warโ€ผ๏ธ
Connect The Dotsโ€ผ๏ธ
Sober Thoughtโ€ผ๏ธ
Let It All Outโ€ผ๏ธ
It Ends Tonightโ€ผ๏ธ
Gone Foreverโ€ผ๏ธ
The Endโ€ผ๏ธ

Broken Heart โ€ผ๏ธ

8.7K 316 227
By glogangright

Next Morning

I woke up, did my regular routine, and went downstairs to meet everyone. Today I was just happy as hell for no reason.

I went downstairs and ate a Apple with some waffles. Maya and Baby D had doctors appointment so they wasn't here but Chino was eating a bowl of cereal like he do every morning.

"Morning Chino." I said happily.

"Morning. Why you so happy?" He asked.

I shrugged my shoulders and continue to smile.

"Want me to drop you off to school?" He asked.

"Usually I would say yes but I can't just ditch Dae Dae like that. He's been taking me to school every morning."

"Well his pops is back in town so you should call him and find out." Chino replied.

I grabbed my phone and dialed his number. After two rings he picked up.

"BABY GIRL." He yelled in my ear.

"Dam Dae Dae it's too early for all of that." I said in the phone.

"Yea you right my fault. Whatcu want tho?" He asked.

"What I want? What I wanna know is are you coming to take me to school? Cause you really talking like you not about to go." I said.

He chuckled. "That's cause I'm not. But of course I didn't forget about you so open your front door."

I walked to my door and opened it there. There Dae Dae was with his grey sweats, Nike slides, and white wife beater. He had is white durag on and his gold chain and diamond earrings were glistening in the light.

"Take a picture it last longer." He said.

"Just go." I said pushing him out the door.

"So you just gonna leave and not say bye?" Chino asked.

"My fault Chino." I said giving him a hug.

"I'm popping back over here after I drop JoJo off." Dae Dae said to Chino.

"Ight I'll be waiting." Chino replied.

I followed Chino in to his car and we made our way to my school.

"Where you going?" I asked.

"Whatchu mean my dad is back which means I'm gonna be working." He said.

"Um sweetie we got school. You got classes and we got a proje-"

"I know I know and I'm a get to it just relax and give me some time dam."

My eyes got wide and I turned to give him my full attention.

"Who the hell you talking to like that?" I asked.

He started laughing.

"I'm talking to you problem?" He asked.

I plucked him on his ear making him hold it and yell in pain.

"Ow what the fuck that shit hurt." He said.

"Next time don't get disrespectful." I said.

"Stop fucking play with me JoJo."

"Or what?" I asked.

He took his hand and grabbed the back of my neck while steering with the other.

"Alright alright alright I get it dam." I said.

He let go and started laughing. "Better put some respect on my name." He said.

I laughed. "You're so lame." I replied laughing at him.

He tried to hold back the laugh but he couldn't.

"Whatever." He said.

He continued driving till we pulled up in front of the school.

"Day you really gonna leave me by myself?" I asked.

"Yes I am. But I'm a make it up to you I promise." He said.

I let out a sigh and he kissed my forehead.

"Bye bye have fun."

"Whatever." I said rolling my eyes and leaving his car.

~

I walked in my class and felt lonely cause Dae Dae wasn't by my side. He was honestly my partner in crime and it was fun hanging with him.

"Dam Dae Dae sexy ass not here." One of the girls behind me said.

I chuckled to myself cause me and her were on the same page.

"Better stop before Candace here you." The other girl said.

Candace?

"What does Candace gotta do with this?" She asked.

Facts cause that's what I wanna know.

"I deadass texted you last night about it. Apparently they are a thing." The girl said.

Hold up

Hold up

Hold

up

The fuck she just said.

"You lying?"

"Nope Candace was on Twitter talking bout some she's finally happy blah blah blah. You know dropping hints that her and Dae Dae are a thing." She said.

If only y'all knew the hurt that I felt. The betrayal. Not from Dae Dae cause I knew he was a hoe, but because Candace would do something like that.

~

The whole day I was angry as hell. I was tryna to find Candace to question her ass but I knew she was ducking me. All of the classes I had with her she didn't show up to. Not only that but I have people coming up to me asking me if they really are a thing.

Like nigga I'm tryna find that out myself.

Finally I was leaving the school and I saw her ass trying to leave and go to her car. I quickly sneaked up on her and she nearly jumped when she saw me.

"Candace." I said. "I haven't seen you all day." I said.

"Yeah well I was all over trying to finish up some class work." She replied.

"Oh? Well can I come over your house I don't have nothing to do after school today." I said.

She hesitated but said yea and I got in to her car and as she drove back to her house.

The car ride was silent and you could feel the tense but I tried to play it off with small talk.

We finally reached her apartment and we was in her room just sitting in silence.

"Chris here?" I asked talking about her creepy brother who was madly in love with me.

"Nah he and his friends went out. Nigga was talking about some emergency."

"Oh good cause I was not tryna see him." I said.

She chuckled and we sat in her room in silence.

So fucking awkward

Sitting here in silence was only pissing me off more.

So that's when I asked the question.

"So you and Dae Dae are a thing now?" I blurted out.

"Yeah you can say that. Likes he's just so funny, and fly, and he looks so good like he's a walking snac-"

"Ight hold up, so you really gonna sit here and act as if you wasn't listening to me and all the times when I said I was lowkey digging the kid?" I asked.

"Keyword lowkey. Since when you ever had a crush on someone?" She asked.

"Since I met someone with the same vibe as me and it was Day and you knew this. You deadass did some snake shit I thought you were my friend. Cause you was the same one telling me how I should go deal with him in the first place."

"Bitch bye you taking this whole situation on a next level cause it's not that serious. You just mad I got to him before you could."

"Oh please we both know that if Day had a choice he would've picked me but I'm done with you." I said.

"LIKE I SAID STOP BEING SO DAM EXTRA IT WAS NEVER THAT SERIOUS." She yelled.

"Lower you voice and calm your shit. You gassed us up when the whole time you wanted him you a lame bitch." I said.

"You should've jumped on him first. I gave you your chance and you took too long so I shot my shot and it went in." She replied.

I looked at her and scoffed. "Fuck you and this so called friendship we had going on." I said walking out of crib.

"BYE DONT LET THE DOOR HIT YOU ON THE WAY OUT!" She yelled.

I made sure to slam that door hard. Almost thought I broke it for a second. I stormed off and went straight home.

I looked outside and saw it was pouring and I had to walk home with no umbrella. I was not finna call Day to pick me cause if I was in the car with him I would definitely beat his ass.

I started walking home in the rain wet and angry.

I like how people try to play me as if I'm stupid.

I should've slapped Candace.

She knew I wanted him and she gonna do this sneaky shit.

It be your own niggas.

When I finally reached the house I was soaked and chilly. I walked in the house and saw my crib full with Chino friends. Everyone was in the living room including the devil himself Dae Dae.

"JoJo!" Baby D yelled running to me.

I faked a smile and gave him a kiss.

This made everyone turn around and greet me. I made sure to avoid eye contact with Day and shower Baby D in kisses.

"Is it raining?" Someone asked.

Everyone started laughing but I wasn't in the mood to laugh so I didn't.

I put down Baby D and went in to the kitchen to get a bottle of water.

"You really pulled up and didn't greet me? And why didn't you call me to get you instead of walking in the rain shorty?" Dae Dae asked.

"Yeah well it didn't cross my mind." I said not showing him any attention.

"Why you moving like that?" He asked.

"Moving like what?" I questioned.

"Like you don't wanna talk to me."

"Cause I don't now excuse me."

I tried to walk pass him but he didn't move.

"Talk to me." He said.

I let out a sigh and closed my water bottle so I wouldn't have the urge to throw it at him.

"You and Candace a thing?" I asked.

Y'all should've seen the way his facial expression changed. You could see the little anger he had in his eye but he quickly try to play it off.

"Who?" He asked confused.

"Candace my ex friend." I said.

"Oh yea.. No. What?" He asked confused.

"Stop playing dumb you know what I'm talking about." I said getting angry.

He let out a sigh. "Okay yes we fucked but..."

"WAIT A SECOND YALL FUCKED?" I yelled.

"Yes isn't that what you are talking about?" He asked.

"No what the hell. Candace was bragging about how y'all are together and everyone was talking about it at school. I went to her house and she told me how y'all are a thing and how she.."

I stopped so Dae Dae didn't know I was lowkey crushing on him. Before he could say anything Maya walked in the kitchen.

Day and I looked at her.

"Everything good in here?" She asked.

"Everything is fine." I said going upstairs to my room.

But as I was going I herd footsteps behind me.

"We not done talking bout this shorty." Day said coming in my room and closing the door.

"There's nothing to talk about. You fucked my friend behind my back and apparently you guys are a couple." I said.

He flinched back at that word. "It's not even like that."

"So what's it like?!" I asked raising my voice.

He was hiding something and I was getting angry cause he wasn't telling me the truth.

"I can't tell you about it. It's....complicated." He said.

"Complicated? And here I thought you actually were feeling me when in reality you just wanted to fuck."

He had a shocked look on his face and his eyes got wide.

"Jo it wasn't even like tha-"

"You really was playing me the whole time. I don't even wanna deal with you anymore." I said.

"You not even giving me a chan-"

"Get out my room Dae Dae. I don't wanna here anything you gotta say. I'm a fool for even fucking with you heavy the way I did. I should've never got attached cause apparently you and my friend are together." I said.

I turned my back to him and turned on my tv. I continue to keep my back facing him and could feel his eyes staring a hole in my back.

I waited till I herd the door to my room open a close very hard.

They always get mad when the get caught up.

I felt a tear run down my left cheek.

Why am I really crying right now.

I quickly wiped it away when another one quickly came down. I began to think about what just happened.

I lost my "best" friend and someone I actually liked having around me so once again I'm alone.

How it should be in the first place.

This is why I can't fuck with people and get attached with them. Cause in the end something is always gonna happen.

My thoughts were interrupted by my bedroom door opening.

I looked and saw Maya coming in to the room.

"JoJo." She said.

As soon as she said my name another tear came out my eye. I quickly looked away so she wouldn't see me.

"You were right. I should've never got attached." I said.

She walked over and sat down on the floor next to me comfort me.

"Talk to me what happen?" She asked.

I quickly told her everything that happened.

"I'm so stupid I should've listen to you." I said wiping the tears.

"You not stupid baby. These things happen more than you think and it's just a life lesson that's all." She said.

"So stop crying and remember who you are. Cause at the end of the day you need to pick and choose the people you want to keep in your life and the only way to do that is to experience these things."

With that she kissed me on my forehead and left the room.

Chinos POV
We were chilling watching the game when Dae Dae stormed down the steps and was making a beeline to the exit when I stopped him.

"Yo Day."

He turned around and looked mad as hell.

"Yo you good?" I asked.

"I'm not in the mood right now. I gotta go deal with someone." He said.

He grabbed the doorknob to leave but I grabbed his arm.

"Dae Dae I don't know what the hell happened between you and my sister but I'm telling you from now. Do not do anything you are going to regret." I said.

He looked at the floor and let out a deep breath.

"Go home and take a nap Daquan." I said.

I dapped him up and he left the house. I prayed his ass didn't do anything stupid and went to go in to JoJo room when Maya was coming out of it.

"I got the details lemme tell you wassup." She said.

~

She told me what happened and I let a sigh and started laughing.

"Why you laughing?" Maya asked.

"This little teen drama shit going on." He said.

"Nigga Day was probably going over to go deal with that Candace bitch....I should've let him." I said.

Maya hit my arm.

"What you know I never liked her." I said.

"I never liked her either but that was one of JoJo closet friends. But I think you should go check on Dae Dae." She said.

I sighed and got up. "Yea I am." I said getting up.

I went in my car and I drove over to Dae Dae's house. I knocked on his door a couple of times and rang the doorbell but nobody picked up.

I let out a sigh and circled the house. I found a window and I opened it like how I would open anyone's house I'm about to rob.

As soon as I step foot in the was a gun to my face.

I smiled when I saw who was holding it.

"Dam nigga you don't know how to answer a door?" I asked Dae Dae smacking the gun away from me.

He rolled his eyes and put his gun away.

He was smoking a backwood and inhaled it while we walked up the steps.

I followed behind him. We walked in his room and he had a basketball game on. He laid back down on the bed and I sat in the chair.

"This finna be a good ass game." I said.

He chuckled.

"I know your ass ain't come all the way over here to talk about no game." He replied.

I laughed. "You right. So let's talk." I said turning down the TV and giving him my full attention.

"Talk to me." I said.

"Bitches love running they mouth boy." He replied.

"Now I don't think you should talk about your girlfriend like that." I said.

He glared at me making me chuckle.

"Bro I don't want to be with Candace but I have to cause of certain circumstances feel me?" He asked.

"Yea yea I know exactly what you mean." I said I let out a sigh.

"When you gonna tell Jo tho?" I questioned.

He let out a sigh and wiped his face. "Man I don't even know. I just don't want her to hate me but I know it's a little to late for that." He said.

I started laughing and he laughed with me.

I got up and put my hand on his shoulder.

"It'll be over soon bro. It'll just takes time. Just think before you act and don't do anything stupid. You're young not fucking dumb." I said.

He laughed. "Good looking bro I needed that talk." He said dapping me up.

"You know I'm here for you." I replied.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7M 85.4K 54
๐‘ƒ๐‘…๐‘‚๐‘€๐ผ๐‘†๐ธ- (๐‘›๐‘œ๐‘ข๐‘›) ๐‘Ž๐‘› ๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘ก ๐‘œ๐‘“ ๐‘Ž๐‘ ๐‘ ๐‘ข๐‘Ÿ๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘๐‘’ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ก ๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘’ ๐‘ค๐‘–๐‘™๐‘™ ๐‘‘๐‘œ ๐‘ ๐‘œ๐‘š๐‘’๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ก ๐‘๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘ก๐‘–๐‘๐‘ข๐‘™๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘–...
156 9 9
Alexia Rivers had moved into an apartment with her very best friend when they both turned twenty-two. The idea had been brought up multiple times as...
339K 7.1K 50
Keep us on the low don't let the other hoes know.
39.7K 1.2K 28
Jojo is a thug and the streets are getting crazy everyday . He's got a gay twin brother named Jordan and his niggas by his side Naomi is a simple...